PDA

View Full Version : La Grange 21 Lockhart 14 final

Pudlugger
09-01-2006, 12:41 PM
Don't know much about Lockhart. Anyone who does is welcome to comment. The Leps are going to be a good team this season. They have some real talent coming up. The O line will be a strength which should give qb Woods the time to find his receivers. Woods has faced some tough defenses since he was a starter as a sophomore and now as a senior I expect he'll demonstrate real poise in and out of the pocket. Look for the Leps to air it out with several excellent receivers. Go Leps!

footballgal
09-01-2006, 02:02 PM
Don't mean to change the subject, but for a while now I have been tyring to remember the name of the unofficial PI Tarpon Fight song! (since a thread about football songs came about last year) Well, about a month ago, I remembered to ask my hubby and he told me it was ZZ Top's La Grange! So when I saw the name La Grange, I just had to tell someone. :D

Go La Grange!

Pudlugger
09-01-2006, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by footballgal
Don't mean to change the subject, but for a while now I have been tyring to remember the name of the unofficial PI Tarpon Fight song! (since a thread about football songs came about last year) Well, about a month ago, I remembered to ask my hubby and he told me it was ZZ Top's La Grange! So when I saw the name La Grange, I just had to tell someone. :D

Go La Grange!

Really? That is a cool tune for a fight song. I made a recruiting mpeg for my son and used it for the intro and it sounded great along with the football action. Folks here in La Grange might not like it as our fight song. Many folks here still remember, and many would like to forget the Chicken Ranch which is what the song is about:

You know the beat!

"...La grange....they got some real fine girls down there...ba.ba.ba....ba..ba.. baaba..ba...." LOL!

Good luck in PI this season. I'll never forget that semi-final against Rice in 2003. Was it 5 or 6 OTs?

footballgal
09-01-2006, 03:53 PM
I don't know the words at all; matter fact didn't know it was a ZZ Top song till my hubby told me. I have heard it other teams play it, and almost everybody plays a slightly different version of it. PIs rendition, starts with the horns actually Tubas and then the whole band plays it in a fast beat. I luv the song, get everybody pumped up. The cheerleaders do this little dance with it too, which is hilarious when some of the players try to imitate them. It's funny how this song does more than the actual fight song "Tarpon High Forever".

As far as the Rice vs PI game, it was 3 OTs. So, I guess you saw it huh? It was a very memorable game, even if PI would have lost, I think it would have been a great game anyways. To me there were two winners that day, the Raiders and the Tarpons.

Thanks Best wishes to your Leopards as well! BTW, Can you explain to me that story about Chicken Ranch? And how did your son’s video go, did it help him to a school to play at?

Pudlugger
09-01-2006, 05:17 PM
Thanks FB Gal, he played at Trinity his freshman year and redshirted his sophomore year due to a back injury and then had a knee injury in camp this year so he retired. He has two SCAC Championship rings to show for it though. Good luck, PI has a whole lot of heart.

Go Leps!

Pudlugger
09-01-2006, 10:26 PM
Great second half effort by the defense to shut down the Lion's running game. The Leps win this one on the ground with an O line that dominated the line of scrimmage giving the Lep rbs plenty of room up the middle and off tackle. Great start for the Leps on the road against 4A Lockhart.

lepfan
09-01-2006, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by Pudlugger
Great second half effort by the defense to shut down the Lion's running game. The Leps win this one on the ground with an O line that dominated the line of scrimmage giving the Lep rbs plenty of room up the middle and off tackle. Great start for the Leps on the road against 4A Lockhart. Good to see another W in their column! Who is the QB now -- I have totally lost count of the kids and what grades they are in...

lepfan
09-01-2006, 11:37 PM
Hey Pud...I am sure we would be surprised at some of today's "grandmas" that were employees of the "Ranch" LOL:D

LHS PRIDE
09-01-2006, 11:37 PM
It was a great game for the Leps. They showed a lot of heart in the second half. Your right the o-line dominated the game.

Pudlugger
09-01-2006, 11:38 PM
Matt Woods probably locked up the job with a good performance under pressure. The Leps are off to a very good start. Next week they play Yoakum at home.