Buckeye80
09-01-2006, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by KindaCool
everman good
kennedale not as good

nuff said.

garageoffice
09-01-2006, 11:39 PM
Honestly, the Wildcats didn't look good. The offensive line had a tough time all night. It's hard to tell how much potential the offense has. The RBs showed some speed the few times they had room to run. The QB barely had room to drop back, much less throw and made a couple of bad decisions. The defense played well most of the time, but gave up a couple of big pass plays.

There was confusion at times, several penalties and just poor execution much of the time. Was it because they couldn't do anything right, or because Everman was really messing them up? I guess we'll find out in the next few weeks.

Everman was big and fast! They didn't really impress me with there ability to move the ball consistently, but they certainly have big play potential.

Matthew328
09-01-2006, 11:44 PM
I said going in offensive line would be key for Kennedale and the Wildcats line had no chance against the Everman defensive line...Everman's offense didn't impress me much...I still think the best tailback in the school is on the JV as a sophomore and I think if they can't get anything out of the tailback position they'll move him up because they have a good FB and some good WR's....

What was most impressive about Everman's defensive performance was that two key performers were out of the game with injuries....

Kennedale has potential but if they don't get any line play they'll struggle...

injuredinmelee
09-01-2006, 11:46 PM
Ok I was a little off on my prediction thursday night at the Greenwood/Graham game on this outcome. I predicted 20 points.

garageoffice
09-02-2006, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
Ok I was a little off on my prediction thursday night at the Greenwood/Graham game on this outcome. I predicted 20 points.

As bad as it was, the game should have been closer, but two blocked punts (one returned to the 2), good field position due to bad deep snaps, a 97 yard int return, a punt returned all the way and an unforced fumble inside your own 20. These things usually lead to 50-0 scores or something along those lines.

Chris Hart
09-02-2006, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by garageoffice
As bad as it was, the game should have been closer, but two blocked punts (one returned to the 2), good field position due to bad deep snaps, a 97 yard int return, a punt returned all the way and an unforced fumble inside your own 20. These things usually lead to 50-0 scores or something along those lines. Those are some tough breaks, but the score was 50-0, c'mon give Everman some credit. Everman is going to make a DEEP run in the 4A playoffs this year...

garageoffice
09-02-2006, 12:24 AM
Originally posted by Chris Hart
Those are some tough breaks, but the score was 50-0, c'mon give Everman some credit. Everman is going to make a DEEP run in the 4A playoffs this year...

I'm not trying to take anything away from Everman. Those aren't tough breaks, they are poor execution combined with opportunistic play on Everman's part. Everman was easily the better team. My comment to injured was just explaining how the score got so out of hand.

I was impressed with Everman's athletes, and this year they looked much more disciplined as a team than they did last year. However, that deep run in the 4A playoffs isn't gonna happen this year unless they find a way to move the ball more consistently against defenses that are bigger and tougher than Kennedale's. I'm not some discontent homer, just a guy that likes football explaining the facts of the game.

DU_stud04
09-02-2006, 01:22 AM
kennadales o line was weak, and didnt help that everman was fast off the ball, they couldnt get anythign going offensively. to tell you the truth,....it looked like their hearts were not there tonight

also ive never seen 4 blocked punts in a game ever.

the weather was wonderful btw

bleedgreen
09-02-2006, 07:04 AM
It was payback time and Everman silenced the Kennedale crowd.
Reality finally set in. This was only the first game of the season and it exposed many weaknesses on both teams but mostly Kennedale. Now it's time to go to work and fill in those glaring holes in our football armor.