PDA

View Full Version : My Bid At Playing Texas A&M Football...

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
09-01-2006, 10:44 AM
After making the first cut from 60 players down to 15 and going through 2 days of practice with the football team, the final cut has been made. I did not make the final cut, but was instead deferred until the Spring and offered a spot on the team at that point in time. I was really hoping to make the roster this Fall, but things didn't go quite as planned. I tried my best and I still hold my head high. I thank all of you for your support and well wishes throughout it all, and I'm going back in the spring for another chance. Thanks once again.

DaHop72
09-01-2006, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
After making the first cut from 60 players down to 15 and going through 2 days of practice with the football team, the final cut has been made. I did not make the final cut, but was instead deferred until the Spring and offered a spot on the team at that point in time. I was really hoping to make the roster this Fall, but things didn't go quite as planned. I tried my best and I still hold my head high. I thank all of you for your support and well wishes throughout it all, and I'm going back in the spring for another chance. Thanks once again. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: Congrats Gary, great job, go get them in the spring.:thumbsup:

garageoffice
09-01-2006, 10:49 AM
Hey BBDE! Sorry you didn't make it. I was pulling for you. Good luck in the spring! :clap: :clap:

pirate44
congratulations Gary. keep up the hard work. it'll happen.

BJG40
Dude, thats awesome!!

Dogman_1969
09-01-2006, 10:50 AM
Hey BBDE,

I didn't know you were trying out. Keep your head high and be proud. Be ready in the Spring.......

kaorder1999
09-01-2006, 10:50 AM
keep working

Adidas410s
09-01-2006, 10:52 AM
Best of luck next spring. Will you still have access to the training facilities in the fall or do you have to go over to the REC instead?

LH Panther Mom
09-01-2006, 10:52 AM
Good job, BBDE! I know it didn't pan out like you wanted, but you can be proud. I'll be rooting for you just the same. :)

pirate4state
09-01-2006, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Good job, BBDE! I know it didn't pan out like you wanted, but you can be proud. I'll be rooting for you just the same. :) What she said!! There is always next year!! Keep working hard!!! :clap: :clap:

Phil C
09-01-2006, 10:57 AM
Great effort Big! Keep working hard and hopefully things will work out in the spring. Gig 'em!

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
09-01-2006, 11:04 AM
Thanks everyone, your support is really uplifting. I think the bottom line is they had 15 linebackers already and they're running a 4-2-5 defense, so it's not like they really need me out there anyways. I'm considering not gaining anymore weight and concentrating on my speed and trying out for safety in the Spring. We shall see in time, though. Thanks everyone.

Adidas410s
09-01-2006, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
Gig 'em!

:eek: :eek: :eek: :doh:

KTJ
09-01-2006, 11:11 AM
Keep it up bro!

Fish's mom
09-01-2006, 11:18 AM
Congrats and Good Luck to you

Bullaholic
09-01-2006, 11:28 AM
Congrats on making it as far as you have, BBDE---that's pretty "rare air" to even be considered for a major D1 team.
Keep up the good work---you should be very proud. (Don't tell any of these football folks this---but I will be even more proud of you if you graduate with "magna" or "summa" on your diploma). :D

Bulldog_12
09-01-2006, 12:05 PM
No lie man, thats awesome. Most people dont even sniff where you are. To be told to come back in the spring for a spot is awesome. At least you get one semester to stand with the 12th man and have a different perspective of the game. Gig'em!

CHS_CG
09-01-2006, 12:10 PM
I look forward to seeing ya in the spring gary! I know ya can do it!

AggieJohn
09-01-2006, 12:13 PM
yeah now you'll have both perspective, n and then getting to come down from the stands and getting to be the potential 12th man

DU_stud04
09-01-2006, 12:42 PM
congrads bro, work hard, and achieve your goal. good luck with everything and i hope to see you on that roster in the near future

LH Panther Mom
09-01-2006, 01:47 PM
I'm not trying to hijack your thread, but do you know how TK did? :)

injuredinmelee
09-01-2006, 01:59 PM
After making the first cut from 60 players down to 15 and going through 2 days of practice with the football team, the final cut has been made. I did not make the final cut, but was instead deferred until the Spring and offered a spot on the team at that point in time. I was really hoping to make the roster this Fall, but things didn't go quite as planned. I tried my best and I still hold my head high. I thank all of you for your support and well wishes throughout it all, and I'm going back in the spring for another chance. Thanks once again.

start training yesterday for the spring and work your ass off every day until then and keep working after that. Nothing is guaranteed in life but as the great Vince Lombardi said, " The harder you work the harder it is to surrender."

You never know what will happen with it but you work liek crazy every single day you will never have to wonder what if. Be able to trust yourself when you say that you gave it your all.

CHS_CG
09-01-2006, 02:17 PM
Gary will you be attending first yell tonight?

GreenGobbla
09-01-2006, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by CHS_CG
Gary will you be attending first yell tonight?

i think i might be going to that...by buddies live two blocks away from kyle field, and i think we are going to chill at their house and walk over there....dont really know what it is though..

un b weavable
09-01-2006, 02:28 PM
Boo, your goin to first yell?

un b weavable
09-01-2006, 02:32 PM
Thanks everyone, your support is really uplifting. I think the bottom line is they had 15 linebackers already and they're running a 4-2-5 defense, so it's not like they really need me out there anyways. I'm considering not gaining anymore weight and concentrating on my speed and trying out for safety in the Spring. We shall see in time, though. Thanks everyone.

If the secondary is anything like last year it shouldnt be tough at all to make it at safety. All you have to do is pump up the crowd.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
09-01-2006, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
I'm not trying to hijack your thread, but do you know how TK did? :)

TK made the cut. He was there in the spring, and everyone that was there in the spring made the cut.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
09-01-2006, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by GreenGobbla
i think i might be going to that...by buddies live two blocks away from kyle field, and i think we are going to chill at their house and walk over there....dont really know what it is though..
The First Yell has Wayne Brady, but tickets were sold out the other day. I'm going to Midnight Yell, though, for obvious reasons. :D

LH Panther Mom
09-02-2006, 07:17 AM
TK made the cut. He was there in the spring, and everyone that was there in the spring made the cut.
Woohoo! Way to go! :clap: :clap:

Texas-Fight
09-02-2006, 07:38 AM
After making the first cut from 60 players down to 15 and going through 2 days of practice with the football team, the final cut has been made. I did not make the final cut, but was instead deferred until the Spring and offered a spot on the team at that point in time. I was really hoping to make the roster this Fall, but things didn't go quite as planned. I tried my best and I still hold my head high. I thank all of you for your support and well wishes throughout it all, and I'm going back in the spring for another chance. Thanks once again. It's probably for the best. It will be a long season. :D Just kidding BBDE