PDA

View Full Version : Usa 95 Greece 101

JT44
09-01-2006, 06:38 AM
USA shoots 9-28 on threes and Greece shoots 35-55 and 8-18 on threes. Too many ill-advised threes and HOT shooting by Greece.
Is this an improvement over 04 in Athens? I think a slight improvement if you look at defense. No improvement with post play.

I hope Kobe and Michael Redd play in 08. With this loss we have still not qualified for the 08 Olympics.

3afan
09-01-2006, 07:15 AM
shocking .... sort of

kaorder1999
09-01-2006, 08:08 AM
wow....amazing,...wonder how them egos are this morning

Phil C
09-01-2006, 09:25 AM
They should have kept Bruce Bowen who plays great defense!

I don't want to appear mean but now NBA Champions no longer = world champions.

kaorder1999
09-01-2006, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by Phil C

I don't want to appear mean but now NBA Champions no longer = world champions.

two great points...holy crap...is this the first time ive agreed with you on something??? hehe

3afan
09-01-2006, 09:28 AM
.... Bruce Bowen who plays great defense!

overated !!!!!!!!!!!

(IMO)

VWG
09-01-2006, 09:36 AM
It just goes to show you... talent on paper doesn't always equate to wins on the field/court.
Greece didn't have near the talent the US did.

KTJ
09-01-2006, 09:44 AM
Keeping Bowen wouldn't have won them the game last night.

sahen
09-01-2006, 11:20 AM

I don't want to appear mean but now NBA Champions no longer = world champions. come on phil you know that the NBA has the greatest players from around the world here...when teams have teams from all over the globe you could make an argument that they could beat the international champions...it isnt like we only have americans in the NBA....the stars from almost every international team plays here as well...

kaorder1999
09-01-2006, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by sahen
come on phil you know that the NBA has the greatest players from around the world here...when teams have teams from all over the globe you could make an argument that they could beat the international champions...it isnt like we only have americans in the NBA....the stars from almost every international team plays here as well...

another good point

eagles_victory
09-01-2006, 11:22 AM

He had his chance to make the team and he didnt do crap like 3afan said overrated

kaorder1999
09-01-2006, 11:23 AM
teh best players from each of these others countries are NBA players. Take those players off of squads and it would be different...but on the same note....are there any greek NBA players

eagles_victory
09-01-2006, 11:25 AM
Greece didnt have any NBA players

JT44
09-01-2006, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
He had his chance to make the team and he didnt do crap like 3afan said overrated

I believe 8 straight NBA all defense teams and 3 straight 1st team honors isn't overrated, but he just didn't fill a need for the national team.
I think he got the cold shoulder from Carmelo in some of the exhibition games. Carmelo never made the extra pass to Bruce in the corner or on the wing. Maybe some bitterness from playoff battles?
They needed to take better shots and have a back to the basket post player

htowntransplant
09-01-2006, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
Greece didnt have any NBA players
thats not true. vassilis spanoulis is a rockets draftee who has spent time in greece for development. he signed a contract this offseason with the rockets. the silver lining of the greece/ USA game is that spanoulis dumped in 22 points against NBA caliber players...but of course its only silver lining for rockets fans.