PDA

View Full Version : Gilmer is scary good

Matthew328
08-31-2006, 11:40 PM
I got a report on this game from Matt Diggs and he said Gilmer is the best 3A team he has ever seen...said their speed in better than most 5A's and Bishop Gorman by all accounts was a good team...

Gilmer coulda scored a 100 on em if they wanted..

JasperDog94
08-31-2006, 11:40 PM
Thanks UIL.:(

kepdawg
08-31-2006, 11:41 PM
Tell us something we don't know! :D

hutex04
08-31-2006, 11:41 PM
im sure lots of teams hope they dont get placed in the same division as Gilmer this year

injuredinmelee
08-31-2006, 11:43 PM
no way they are better than the 02 or 03 Everman team that beat Burnet in the final.

hutex04
08-31-2006, 11:43 PM
Gilmer would go divison 1 in playoffs right?

MagicMan
08-31-2006, 11:45 PM
nevada private school?:thinking:
they get murdered and this guy still thinks they are good. hahahaha. yeah ok. edna is good too but every team they play is just "scary" good. i do realize gilmer has great players and probably a really good team but to make comments like that after they played a NEVADA PRIVATE SCHOOL is just a tad bit premature. let them murder some texas talent and then start calling them the best 3a team ever.

hutex04
08-31-2006, 11:48 PM
i agree magicman, i think personal opinions in zero week about a team being "the best ever" is negative to us all. We all want to beleive we have a great team to follow this year. We dont care to hear someone claim a team to be the best. Thats why we play the games, if Gilmer is the (best ever) we might as well hand them the trophie

injuredinmelee
08-31-2006, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by hutex04
i agree magicman, i think personal opinions in zero week about a team being "the best ever" is negative to us all. We all want to beleive we have a great team to follow this year. We dont care to hear someone claim a team to be the best. Thats why we play the games, if Gilmer is the (best ever) we might as well hand them the trophie

you might as well give it to them. They are the best team this year. That is my opinion. Diggs has a different one. Thats why they have message boards for people to voice their opinions. I have opinions about everything, including Hutto.

lostaussie
08-31-2006, 11:51 PM
well that was fun. i'm already for next week now:D

MagicMan
08-31-2006, 11:55 PM
dont get too big headed. tatum is the best 2a ever.

hutex04
08-31-2006, 11:58 PM
now i agree with that HAHA Tatum is going to walk all over 2a this year. I feel sorry for all the good teams out there that could have won it all had tatum stayed in 3a. But about Gilmer, We all know they are good, but most teams havent played yet. So I feel its premature to claim them (the best ever) when we still havent seen Giddings,Cuero,Cameron Yoe etc etc play. As for Hutto, I said nothing about Hutto, so why bring it up?

Buckeye80
09-01-2006, 12:01 AM
Not at all the game plan I expected. Running so effectively up the middle against that size was incredible. The "bubble screens" and "throwback screens" were KILLING the Vegas kids all night.
The humidity also played a major factor. The cramping proves that there was just no way to prepare the Vegas kids for this kind of weather. And to our kids and everyone on our side of the stadium, it was a gorgeous night.
Overall, it was a great performance all the way around. But next week will absolutely be a test. Tatum is strong, strong again this year. Don't expect the same result next week.

hutex04
09-01-2006, 12:03 AM
yall play tatum next week? Good luck should be a good game

lostaussie
09-01-2006, 12:04 AM
But about Gilmer, We all know they are good, but most teams havent played yet. So I feel its premature to claim them (the best ever) nobody from Gilmer has made that claim. that was from an independent observer.

hutex04
09-01-2006, 12:07 AM
not at all, Gilmer people havent said anything like that. Iam not calling yall out. Just saying that someone postin on a Thurday that yall are the best ever is kinda early. Yall are the clear favorite no doubt

PPHSfan
09-01-2006, 12:21 AM
Well,

I said it three months ago. Gilmer Rolls. Course, I am not from Gilmer either. Yall watch what Celina does tomorrow night too. Both teams will roll undefeated to titles.:D

NateDawg39
09-01-2006, 12:21 AM
CELINA 0-10..Gilmer 1-9!! BREAKDOWN OF THE CENTURY!!!

hutex04
09-01-2006, 12:22 AM
celina! come on! if they go from 2a state champs, to 3a state champs 99% of the people on this board will be very depressed lol

NateDawg39
09-01-2006, 12:24 AM
celina! come on! if they go from 2a state champs, to 3a state champs 99% of the people on this board will be very depressed lol Hey SLC did it in 5A...I know...not a very good comparison but its all I had.

DU_stud04
09-01-2006, 12:24 AM
i can see celina going 10-0 throught out the regular season, but they dont really play anyone(or atleast thats what their schedual looked like to me).....come playoffs they may win a game or 2 but i highly doubt they will roll undefeated to the ring.....sry king, its just not happening....

gilmer however......

NateDawg39
09-01-2006, 12:27 AM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
i can see celina going 10-0 throught out the regular season, but they dont really play anyone(or atleast thats what their schedual looked like to me).....come playoffs they may win a game or 2 but i highly doubt they will roll undefeated to the ring.....sry king, its just not happening....

gilmer however...... I can see them getting to the 2nd and thats about it.

PPHSfan
09-01-2006, 12:43 AM
Hide and Watch.

In sixteen more weeks...yall will know why I am KING.

DU_stud04
09-01-2006, 12:59 AM
Originally posted by PPHSfan
Hide and Watch.

In sixteen more weeks...yall will know why I am KING.

if the do indeed go the whole route, ill up it to 2 slurpees and a king size candy bar for what i owe you hahahaha

gtownpoke
09-01-2006, 01:00 AM
yes gorman is a nevada private school but its not as simple as that. they are known out there for recruiting and sending kids to D1 schools. DeMarco Murry was their running back last year and he's now at OU. I know there's a huge difference in Nevada football and Texas football but they're better then just being a "Nevada private school"

thatboiwes
09-01-2006, 02:00 AM
While I don't think they are the best EVER, this year's Gilmer squad is going to be VERY, VERY good. They beat up on a team who is starting to become nationally known and send several kids to D-I schools. Most recently, DeMarco Murray and LB Ryan Renolds to Oklahoma. Last year, Gorman avaraged well over 40 ppg and hung 70 on a team. They are a yearly top team in Nevada's largest classification (4A). So this is a very good team. Gilmer just was much stronger and faster than they were. They had several kids cramp up throughout the game, so they weren't prepared for the heat.

But Gilmer started off terrible. Gilmer got the opening kickoff and on Gilmer's 1st play, Kinne threw and interception. Gorman then drove for a td. Then on Gilmer's 4th play of the game, Curtis Brown fumbled the ball and Gorman picked it up. Gilmer was able to hold them, however, and ended up scoring 3 cosecutive touchdowns before Gorman scored again in the 2nd quarter, which was the last one for them for the night.

Gilmer will be a force this year.

crabman
09-01-2006, 08:20 AM
Gilmer will be a force this year.

Yes but can they hang with the Kansas City Chiefs? :p

(old school reference)

LH Panther Mom
09-01-2006, 08:22 AM
Originally posted by crabman

(old school reference)
:D :D :clap: :clap: ROFL!

pirate4state
09-01-2006, 08:47 AM

(old school reference)

Probably! ;)

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Aesculus gilmus
09-01-2006, 08:52 AM
I don't know about Giddings, but Cuero and Cameron Yoe have virtually no chance of playing the Buckeyes this season.

I understand why Cuero was ranked No. 1 by the AP (proximity to SA and Houston sportswriters who vote), but this ranking will ultimately prove to be a joke.

However, I can easily envision a scenario in which Cuero rolls to the DII title, Gilmer to the DI one, and the final poll STILL has Cuero as No. 1!

I am GLAD in a way that Gilmer is not ranked No. 1, at least not now.

44INAROW
09-01-2006, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by Aesculus gilmus
I don't know about Giddings, but Cuero and Cameron Yoe have virtually no chance of playing the Buckeyes this season.

I understand why Cuero was ranked No. 1 by the AP (proximity to SA and Houston sportswriters who vote), but this ranking will ultimately prove to be a joke.

However, I can easily envision a scenario in which Cuero rolls to the DII title, Gilmer to the DI one, and the final poll STILL has Cuero as No. 1!

I for one hope it works out where Cuero would end up playing Gilmer :) yea - there is a buttload of SA and Houston Jouralists on this list........ :rolleyes:

The voters in the 2006 Associated Press high school football poll:

Bret Bloomquist, El Paso Times not within 500 miles

David Campbell, Waco Tribune-Herald about 160 miles

Rick Cantu, Austin American-Statesman 5 1/2 hours at my speed

Miguel Castro, The Brownsville Herald to far to guess

Robert Cessna, Bryan-College Station Eagle guessing 150

Roger Clarkson, Amarillo Globe-News other side of the world

Chris Gove, Odessa American can't get there from here

Tom Halliburton, Port Arthur News 300 miles

Sam Khan, Houston Chronicle 225 miles

Tim MacMahon, The Dallas Morning News 120 miles

Gary Martin, Rosenberg Herald-Coaster don't even know where it is

Dan McCarney, San Antonio Express-News another hour farther than austin

Mark Miller, Killeen Daily Herald 2 1/2 hours

Andy Newberry, Wichita Falls Times Record News i'll let you know friday cause that where i'm going

Evan Ren, Abilene Reporter-News 6 hours

Benny Rogers, Athens Daily Review hey you got one right!!!!!!

George Watson, Lubbock Avalanche-Journal is that in Texas

Craig Way, High School Extra probably in dallas????

Nathan Wright, San Angelo Standard-Times 6 1/2 hours

Eric Zarate, Fort Worth Star-Telegram 150 miles.

Odis
09-01-2006, 09:37 AM
Matt Diggs is a mo-ron. Anybody who puts an ounce of credence in his babble can't be much smarter.

Aesculus gilmus
09-01-2006, 09:48 AM
44INAROW, that makes it even more inexcusable and bizarre that Cuero is ranked No. 1.

I was trying to at least give the AP some sort of break. Now I think it is just lack of respect for Gilmer, a team which HAS won state more recently than Cuero, although Cuero has a longer winning tradition.

44INAROW
09-01-2006, 09:56 AM
44INAROW, that makes it even more inexcusable and bizarre that Cuero is ranked No. 1.

I was trying to at least give the AP some sort of break. Now I think it is just lack of respect for Gilmer, a team which HAS won state more recently than Cuero, although Cuero has a longer winning tradition.

I am not going to get into a pi$$ing match with you......

GO MEAN GREEN.................
I'll stick with my homegrown boys anyday of the week :) and by the way.. respect is EARNED not given or "transferred in"

injuredinmelee
09-01-2006, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW

I'll stick with my homegrown boys anyday of the week :) and by the way.. respect is EARNED not given or "transferred in"

transferred in.... I like that!!!

Maroon87
09-01-2006, 10:17 AM
and by the way.. respect is EARNED not given or "transferred in"

Ouch!:eek:

pirate4state
09-01-2006, 10:19 AM

I'll stick with my homegrown boys anyday of the week :) and by the way.. respect is EARNED not given or "transferred in" ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OWCHI...OWCHI....OWCHI! :evillol: :evillol: :evillol:

thatboiwes
09-01-2006, 10:23 AM
So Gilmer being 62-13 the last 7 years and after the 1st game of this season, winning 5 straight undefeated district championships, a state championship in 2004 and sending several kids to D-I programs hasent earned them any respect yet? In the last 3 years, they are 40-3. So what else do they need to do to earn respect?

Aesculus gilmus
09-01-2006, 10:25 AM
Nobody "transferred in" in 2004.

For the record, Gilmer went 16-0 and was never ranked No. 1. In fact, before that season, I think we either didn't crack the DCTF Top 25 or just barely did.

And Gilmer beat Snyder that year, 53-20, a team which had defeated the other 3A champion that year, Abilene Wylie.

kepdawg
09-01-2006, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by thatboiwes
So Gilmer being 62-13 the last 7 years and after the 1st game of this season, winning 5 straight undefeated district championships, a state championship in 2004 and sending several kids to D-I programs hasent earned them any respect yet? In the last 3 years, they are 40-3. So what else do they need to do to earn respect?

Nobody "transferred in" in 2004.

For the record, Gilmer went 16-0 and was never ranked No. 1. In fact, before that season, I think we either didn't crack the DCTF Top 25 or just barely did.

And Gilmer beat Snyder that year, 53-20, a team which had defeated the other 3A champion that year, Abilene Wylie.

Now don't go and start bringing facts into the equation! Most people around these parts don't take to kindly to that kind of behavior! :D

44INAROW
09-01-2006, 10:43 AM
I think it is fair to say that both Cuero and Gilmer have been extremely successful in the last 4 years. I think the comments AG was making about respect were in reference to this year. Like I said, I am not going to get into a Pi$$ing contest. The season is just starting - Ranks really mean nothing but just that, a RANKING - the past is the past and the present is here, move on and put a period on it. JEEZ

Gsquared
09-01-2006, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
you might as well give it to them. They are the best team this year. That is my opinion. Diggs has a different one. Thats why they have message boards for people to voice their opinions. I have opinions about everything, including Hutto.
Wow, give it to em? Haha, theres a few teams out there that might have something to say about that. Injuries etc.... can turn any program in a different direction from year to year. No body is a shue in, ever!!!!!!!!! See Decatur a coupla years ago, WOS a few years ago. I think Gilmer could be the best 3a out there I dunno, havnt seen em yet (next week).

theyoefnshow
09-01-2006, 12:29 PM
can you imagine if the fabeled "4 teams in playoffs from each district" actually passed? That'd mean our district would only have ONE team not make the playoffs! As for Gilmer, I'd love to see a rematch w/ Cameron (because it'd be state game AND the 25th anniversary of the Gilmer/Cameron 1981 title match) but I think Cameron is doomed to DII no matter what happens. Damn you Hutto w/ your near 4A enrollment figures!! lol

3afan
09-01-2006, 12:32 PM

its not a lack of respect - its a lack of knowledge. its voters not doing the legwork ...

Matthew328
09-01-2006, 12:34 PM
I wouldn't call Diggs a moron..you may not agree with his opinions but he knows his football....

and to clarify he didn't say Gilmer was the best 3A ever just that they were the best he had ever seen....there is a difference...

Gobbla2001
09-01-2006, 12:51 PM
but this ranking will ultimately prove to be a joke.

Have you seen Cuero play?

Must be some South Texas conspiracy... we suck too bad down here to have a highly ranked team...

Wish we weren't number 1 and hope Gonzales doesn't make the playoffs...

Hell, we'd have to get there first and if we get there Gilmer might whup our kids' butts, but atleast hyou wouldn't have to be guessing from 400 miles away...

Congrats on the win Gilmer fans...

BTW: this just went to prove high school football in Texas is better than the rest...

thatboiwes
09-01-2006, 01:01 PM
I don't think anyone is trying to say that Gilmer is better than Cuero or that they don't deserve the #1 spot. Only that Gilmer IS worthy of being the #1 team, which they are. Good luck to Cuero this season.

District303aPastPlayer
09-01-2006, 01:02 PM
I don't think anyone is trying to say that Gilmer is better than Cuero or that they don't deserve the #1 spot. Only that Gilmer IS worthy of being the #1 team, which they are. Good luck to Cuero this season.

didnt sound like that to me, but hey, what do i know...

and diggs is borderline idiot

Gobbla2001
09-01-2006, 01:03 PM
I don't think anyone is trying to say that Gilmer is better than Cuero or that they don't deserve the #1 spot.

So in your honest opinion, what does Cuero's #1 ranking being proven a joke mean to you?

thatboiwes
09-01-2006, 01:11 PM
When that was said, I took it as the entire rankings being a joke, not necessarily Cuero being #1 a joke. I don't know, maybe it was meant like that. In that case, don't think everyone thinks that. I have never seen Cuero play, ever, so I don't know anything about them other than they are winners year-in, year-out. If they are #1, the apparently there is a reason for it. With that being said, Gilmer is a legitimate #1 team.

District303aPastPlayer
09-01-2006, 01:14 PM
When that was said, I took it as the entire rankings being a joke, not necessarily Cuero being #1 a joke. I don't know, maybe it was meant like that. In that case, don't think everyone thinks that. I have never seen Cuero play, ever, so I don't know anything about them other than they are winners year-in, year-out. If they are #1, the apparently there is a reason for it. With that being said, Gilmer is a legitimate #1 team.

and cuero is not a legitimate #1 team?

wos fan1
09-01-2006, 01:14 PM
Quick 2 questions. How many transfers has Gilmer recieved? And why to Gilmer?

44INAROW
09-01-2006, 01:15 PM

Ultimately prove to be a joke....... what's not to understand?? - dangit.. there I go again, argruing with a brick wall :rolleyes:

I gotta get to work - everyone have a safe trip to and from your respective games :)

thatboiwes
09-01-2006, 01:24 PM
I'm not saying they aren't a legitimate #1. Like I said, there is obviously a reason they are #1, I just don't know what that is since I have never seen them. I would expect others that haven't seen Gilmer play to be the same way. Again, I don't think Cuero is not deserving of their #1 ranking and Gilmer should replace them as the #1 team. All I'm saying is that Gilmer is deserving of being #1.

Honestly, I could care less if Gilmer wasn't ranked in the top 100 in any poll, just as long as they win the 15th game.

District303aPastPlayer
09-01-2006, 01:27 PM
Again, I don't think Cuero is not deserving of their #1 ranking and Gilmer should replace them as the #1 team. All I'm saying is that Gilmer is deserving of being #1.

reread that...

MagicMan
09-01-2006, 01:29 PM
I'm not saying they aren't a legitimate #1. Like I said, there is obviously a reason they are #1, I just don't know what that is since I have never seen them. I would expect others that haven't seen Gilmer play to be the same way. Again, I don't think Cuero is not deserving of their #1 ranking and Gilmer should replace them as the #1 team. All I'm saying is that Gilmer is deserving of being #1.

Honestly, I could care less if Gilmer wasn't ranked in the top 100 in any poll, just as long as they win the 15th game.
gilmer got some #1 votes. you cant have two number ones. or maybe they could tie in the voting. i dont know. who cares.

District303aPastPlayer
09-01-2006, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by MagicMan
gilmer got some #1 votes. you cant have two number ones. or maybe they could tie in the voting. i dont know. who cares.

you cant have two number ones... then that'd be 11

thatboiwes
09-01-2006, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by wos fan1
Quick 2 questions. How many transfers has Gilmer recieved? And why to Gilmer?

Most recently, GJ Kinne, QB from Canton. Whoever said the 2004 team didn't have any transfers was wrong. Terrance Lovely,), transfered to Gilmer from Ore City. And I believe that Aresenial Richardson was a transfer from the Dallas area, if I remember correctly.

Why Gilmer? I don't know. Good question.

crabman
09-01-2006, 01:32 PM
I'll stick with my homegrown boys anyday of the week and by the way.. respect is EARNED not given or "transferred in"

I hate to say this Lorey, but do we have to give back our two State Track Championships?

MagicMan
09-01-2006, 01:33 PM
brandon was originally from cuero and went to houston. its okay

thatboiwes
09-01-2006, 01:40 PM
No need to reread what I wrote. Just because I think a team is desrving of being #1 doesn't mean that I believe they SHOULD be #1. Geez, you people get your panties all in a wad just because someone thinks a team other than Cuero could possibly be #1. WOW

MagicMan
09-01-2006, 01:42 PM
wimperley is #1

44INAROW
09-01-2006, 01:42 PM
I hate to say this Lorey, but do we have to give back our two State Track Championships?

ok, point taken.. ;)

District303aPastPlayer
09-01-2006, 01:45 PM
No need to reread what I wrote. Just because I think a team is desrving of being #1 doesn't mean that I believe they SHOULD be #1. Geez, you people get your panties all in a wad just because someone thinks a team other than Cuero could possibly be #1. WOW

its not that logic that you may seem to think, what got everyone riled up was the gilmer posters' potshots saying that their ranking would be proven a joke.

Buckeye80
09-01-2006, 01:45 PM
AWWW shucks. All this Gilmer talk is making me blush.:kiss:

I am fine with being ranked number two. The most intelligent thing anyone has said so far is that "ranks mean nothing".

44INAROW
09-01-2006, 01:46 PM

he started it :evilgrin: :evilgrin: :evilgrin: :evilgrin:

- it just "ruffled my feathers" the way AG made his comment.. making it sound like a JOKE that Cuero was ranked #1 - heck, I wish we weren't - but I don't like it when someone basically says it's a joke that we are ranked #1 ............. OK, NOW I am getting back to work.........
what I think is too funny is, if rankings don't matter, how come we're on page 4? :D :D :D
again,, everyone have a safe trip tonight!

MagicMan
09-01-2006, 01:46 PM
hey i said that about the AP poll. yay

injuredinmelee
09-01-2006, 01:53 PM
I am going to jump in here for the record and not taking sides despite my undying love for fo-fo....

The rankings mean jack crap. Gilmer and Cuero both are easy picks. There can be only one #1. What really matters is who is number 1 when the season ends. Hutto was on no ones radar last year. Look where they finished. Wylie was on no ones radar two years ago, look where they finished. Snyder was on no ones radar two years ago look where they finished. While the previos logic sounds good in principle heres the reality... the system is flawed. With two state champs in 3a we will never know who is the better team unless they played head to head. You cant look at previous games earlier in the season or common opponents. Anyone can beat anyone on any given night. Once again I go back to the Wylie team of 04. we got imp slapped at decatur in week 5 or 6 what ever it was. We meet them 3 rounds deep and win on that one night. We might have lined up against them the very next night and they could have easily punked us 44-7 again. No one will ever know which of these two teams this year is better. We just wont ever know. There will continue to b rankings every week by a bunch of overweight 50 something yr old guys thqt only have carnal knowledge of the 20 teams in their coverage area and will rely on records and word of mouth from some equally biased overweight 50 something yr old that they met at the sportswriters convention 8 yrs ago in beautiful galveston.

NateDawg39
09-01-2006, 01:58 PM
If I remember correctly...and please anyone correct me if I am wrong, but do we not argue this same topic EVERY FREAKIN YEAR!?!?!?! I mean really!! Last year it was the same thing and the year before that and so on!! All though, if yall did not argue about such topics, it would make for a boring season right?

Buckeye80
09-01-2006, 01:59 PM
Nicely done sir!:D

injuredinmelee
09-01-2006, 02:00 PM
what we really need is for one of these teams to get bumped off early. I have the one I would rather see lose... lol

Buckeye80
09-01-2006, 02:02 PM
Why is Cuero ranked number one when Gilmer proved last night that they are the only logical choice?

Just thought I'd throw that out there........seriously, I love the same banter every year. It's what I love about this site.

NateDawg39
09-01-2006, 02:03 PM
what we really need is for one of these teams to get bumped off early. I have the one I would rather see lose... lol I gonna jump in and be a sour sport...I wanna see Cuero get knocked in the first game...and then see Gilmer get beat by Tatum next week. That way they STILL will have much to prove

District303aPastPlayer
09-01-2006, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by Buckeye80
Why is Cuero ranked number one when Gilmer proved last night that they are the only logical choice?

Just thought I'd throw that out there........seriously, I love the same banter every year. It's what I love about this site.

if its laced with sarcasm ,ignore this
if not...

seriously, get a clue

Buckeye80
09-01-2006, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by NateDawg39
I gonna jump in and be a sour sport...I wanna see Cuero get knocked in the first game...and then see Gilmer get beat by Tatum next week. That way they STILL will have much to prove

Gilmer getting beat by Tatum next week is not really that far fetched. Tatum is GOOOOOOD!!!! It won't be a blow out next week if we DO win. That, I can promise you.

Buckeye80
09-01-2006, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
if its laced with sarcasm ,ignore this
if not...

seriously, get a clue

Not so much "laced" as "intertwined" with sarcasm.:D

injuredinmelee
09-01-2006, 02:11 PM
lts do like conneticut and all be winners no matter what the score...
not sure why I chose conneticut as the brunt of this joke when it could be any of a large number of the north eastern liberal panty-waisted states.

District303aPastPlayer
09-01-2006, 02:14 PM
lts do like conneticut and all be winners no matter what the score...
not sure why I chose conneticut as the brunt of this joke when it could be any of a large number of the north eastern liberal panty-waisted states.

they have a mercy rule with suspensions if you beat someone too bad

Buckeye80
09-01-2006, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
they have a mercy rule with suspensions if you beat someone too bad

Vegas could have used that rule in the third quarter last night....:D ....WHAT!!!!!

I'm absolutely just kidding.

3afan
09-01-2006, 03:20 PM
from the LV Review-Journal:

Gorman routed by Texas school

G.J. Kinne passed for 262 yards and five touchdowns to spark Gilmer (Texas) to a 56-14 victory over Bishop Gorman in Tyler, Texas, on Thursday night in the Gaels' season opener.

Kinne was intercepted on his first pass, and Gilmer also fumbled in the first quarter, leading to Gorman's only lead when Corey White scored on a 3-yard run with 6:38 left in the first quarter.

Kinne hit Justin Johnson with a 58-yard touchdown pass with 3:26 remaining in the quarter to tie the score, and the Buckeyes didn't trail again.

Johnson added a 3-yard touchdown run and a 78-yard kickoff return for a score. Gilmer's Curtis Brown caught TD passes of 15, 20 and 40 yards, and Kinne had a 1-yard scoring run.

Gorman's other score came on a 50-yard run by Keola Antolin with 5:31 left in the second quarter. Gilmer outscored the Gaels 36-7 in the second quarter to take a 43-14 halftime lead.

Aesculus gilmus
09-01-2006, 03:31 PM
Most recently, GJ Kinne, QB from Canton. Whoever said the 2004 team didn't have any transfers was wrong. Terrance Lovely,), transfered to Gilmer from Ore City. And I believe that Aresenial Richardson was a transfer from the Dallas area, if I remember correctly.

Why Gilmer? I don't know. Good question.

I said it and you're right. But Lovely was only a relatively minor part of that team, although he certainly contributed to the effort. Arsenial Richardson wasn't on that team. He got here last season. The main cogs in 2004 were Manuel Johnson, Kevin Hollis and Tay Bowser on offense and Daniel Dodd on defense.

I really stirred up a "Gobbler's Nest" with my "joke" comment. I will confess that I know nothing much about Cuero except that it wins in track a lot and is almost always picked to win state in football.

And, as I normally don't talk smack, I wouldn't have said anything if I thought there was even a one percent chance the Buckeyes and the Gobblers would play in the state title game this year.

Someone else was also right when they said the overall AP poll is a joke and that's perhaps how I should have phrased it to begin with.

One more thing. Buckeye80, if you thought we were going to win it all in 2005, you are the only person I've come across yet who thought that. DCTF picked us third in our district. It was supposed to be a down year and I guess 10-2 is "down" for Gilmer these days. We had not had a season that "bad" since 8-3 in 2002.

Rabbit'93
09-01-2006, 03:51 PM
This is awesome. 1 game and already the smack has begun to fly. I am officially a Gilmer Buckeye fan. And if Celina goes 16-0 I will retire from this board. PPHSfan you taken bets?:)

Hupernikomen
09-01-2006, 03:52 PM
I said it and you're right. But Lovely was only a relatively minor part of that team, although he certainly contributed to the effort. Arsenial Richardson wasn't on that team. He got here last season. The main cogs in 2004 were Manuel Johnson, Kevin Hollis and Tay Bowser on offense and Daniel Dodd on defense.

I really stirred up a "Gobbler's Nest" with my "joke" comment. I will confess that I know nothing much about Cuero except that it wins in track a lot and is almost always picked to win state in football.

And, as I normally don't talk smack, I wouldn't have said anything if I thought there was even a one percent chance the Buckeyes and the Gobblers would play in the state title game this year.

Someone else was also right when they said the overall AP poll is a joke and that's perhaps how I should have phrased it to begin with.

One more thing. Buckeye80, if you thought we were going to win it all in 2005, you are the only person I've come across yet who thought that. DCTF picked us third in our district. It was supposed to be a down year and I guess 10-2 is "down" for Gilmer these days. We had not had a season that "bad" since 8-3 in 2002.

I remember that name being called out several times in both the tatum and the jasper games. those were the only 2 buckeye games i saw. everyone benefits from a move in here and there. doubt many teams that win state championships were 100% homegrown these days anyways!!

3afan
09-01-2006, 04:14 PM
... Cuero except that it wins in track a lot and is almost always picked to win state in football.

Cuero is obviouay a solid program and aways garners respect in the polls, but they are not "almost always picked to win state in football"

PPHSfan
09-01-2006, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by Buckeye80
Gilmer getting beat by Tatum next week is not really that far fetched. Tatum is GOOOOOOD!!!! It won't be a blow out next week if we DO win. That, I can promise you.

Gilmer vs Tatum 2004 was supposed to be a close game too. LOL

MagicMan
09-01-2006, 04:23 PM
the nursery recruits were responsible for cuero's 04 title run.

Buckeye80
09-01-2006, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by PPHSfan
Gilmer vs Tatum 2004 was supposed to be a close game too. LOL

Fie on you sir. Again I say, "fie".:D

Buckeye80
09-01-2006, 09:57 PM
One more thing. Buckeye80, if you thought we were going to win it all in 2005, you are the only person I've come across yet who thought that.

And what are you talking about?:confused:

Buckeye80
09-01-2006, 10:47 PM
And now after hearing the halftime score ( I don't know the final) of the Tatum/ Daingerfield game, I'm inclined to agree with PPHS.

At the half

Tatum 26
D'Field 7

IMHO, D'Field doesn't have much this year, as odd as that sounds.

MagicMan
09-01-2006, 11:02 PM
i read on smoaky that the score was 40-7 near the end of the 3rd

thatboiwes
09-01-2006, 11:18 PM
That was me giving updates on Smoaky. I'm poisonednutz10 over there. I tried to use that name here but someone thought it was not appropriate. I left with 1:30 left in the 3rd quarter and Tatum was winning 40-7. I think the final was 40-21. Atleast that's what the local news is saying.

Buckeye80
09-01-2006, 11:20 PM
Maybe Tatum's third quarter was our second quarter from last night.

Not being a "homer" here, I honestly feel like Gilmer will beat Tatum next week. The Buckeyes have a little too much speed and a little too much "run D" to lose.

And before, with the whole "That I can promise you" thing earlier in the thread; maybe I was a bit hasty. I'll creep out as far as I can onto the limb without any solid factual information to base this opinion on and proclaim that it could be a "borderline" rolling of Tatum next week. As a matter of fact, the gods tell me that the score will be:

47-12 Buckeyes!

thatboiwes
09-02-2006, 02:45 PM
I saw both Tatum and Gilmer's first games and I have to say that, right now, Gilmer looks much better than tatum does. I can see another high scoring game like in 2004.