PDA

View Full Version : The Streak Continues......

Dogman_1969
08-31-2006, 10:42 PM
Rockdale Freshman won their season opener tonight 32-6 at home against the Gonzales freshman. The lone Gonzales score occured on a long run when subs were in the game.

The Tigers looked good at times but made many errors that are fixable. Look for good things this year from this group.

When I left the JV game Rockdale was leading 33-0 at the start of the 4th quarter....

The Streak Continues.............

ILS1
08-31-2006, 10:49 PM
Do you think they can continue it when they get up to Varsity??

:D

LH Panther Mom
08-31-2006, 10:53 PM
WTG, boys!

Dogman_1969
09-01-2006, 07:31 AM
I don't see why not. It will be interesting to see the Tigers with some depth at all positions over the next three years........

eagles_victory
09-01-2006, 07:38 AM
Originally posted by Dogman_1969
I don't see why not. It will be interesting to see the Tigers with some depth at all positions over the next three years........ bc its a different game and theres a major difference between winning on sub varsity and varsity. Not saying they wont keep winning but theres been a few teams who have done the same thing and not pi$$ed a drop at the varsity level.

Johnny Utah
09-01-2006, 09:32 AM
The future is bright indeed.

Dogman_1969
09-01-2006, 10:15 AM
I encourage you to come watch if you haven't seen them play or ask those who have.

Johnny Utah
09-01-2006, 10:37 AM
This is just an opinion but when schools keep good groups together they tend to win more as they get older. Seems as if the Rockdale coaching staff is doing the right thing. The JV seems to be very good, therefore next year there should be a lot of competition for those varsity spots. Some of the sophs next year might be able to contribute. Either way, if they get a taste of winning, then it becomes second nature, and then a HABIT!!! Can not argue with that. Go Tigers.

Gobbla2001
09-01-2006, 12:54 PM
It's a mad cycle.... your fish may have beaten some other team's fish etc... but when they're junions and starting on varsity did they ever beat the kids a grade or so below them???

Then again it is a good sign knowing these kids are infact a damn good team...

JV is the hardest to judge by when it comes to "they beat this team" etc... due to the fact the other team's JV may only be "what's left" from the group that got pumped into the varsity...