PDA

View Full Version : Texas A&M vs. The Citadel

KTJ
08-31-2006, 02:15 PM
Well, after a few years of every Aggie claiming that Frantastic was the best coach ever and even a better gameday coach than Stoops and a better recruiter than Mack, they've come to realize that he isn't exactly what they expected. The bottom line is that Frantastic is on the hot seat. He must win this year or A&M will look elsewhere. Yeah, they will beat The Citadel, but it's wins against opponents like this that don't save your job. McGee is clearly the bellcow of this offense. People have annointed him as Jesus already and he hasn't done anything really. This kid is a strong, gutsy player and will play until he can't anymore. That's a great attitude that most college athletes don't have. However, if you're going on that alone as your reasoning for the Texas A&M Aggies to have a great season, that's pretty weak IMO. The RB spot at A&M is very, very solid. But that alone won't win games. If the A&M defense is horrendous yet again this year, then there won't be happy Aggies in Mudville. However, Texas A&M will start it off on a high note!

Texas A&M - 52
The Citadel - 6

raider red 2000
08-31-2006, 02:21 PM
i am by no means an aggie fan.

i also cant stand Frantastic the great, but i hope that the AGS smoke the citadel....i know a couple of kids that might get some PT....if it is a blowout :)

crabman
08-31-2006, 02:30 PM
Don't you get the eerie feeling that Fran is John Mackovic reincarnated???

MagicMan
08-31-2006, 02:32 PM
The Citadel 38
aggies 28

Adidas410s
08-31-2006, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by MagicMan
The Citadel 38
aggies 28

seriously...could you make a legit pick instead of a "I hate A&M" pick? :doh:

A&M 42
The Citadel 10

sahen
08-31-2006, 02:46 PM
the aggies should roll, if they dont then Frans head should roll....so no matter what some aggies are gonna roll....

MagicMan
08-31-2006, 02:47 PM
texas state should have beat them last year and i just think the citadel has what it takes to win.

sahen
08-31-2006, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by MagicMan
texas state should have beat them last year and i just think the citadel has what it takes to win. honestly Texas State last year would have beaten the Citadel....i mean i dont like the aggies either but if they lose to The Citadel then they are gonna go 0-12 and that just isn't going to happen....the aggies have been down but they havent been that bad...

Adidas410s
08-31-2006, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by sahen
aggies have been down but they havent been that bad...

don't you mean...they're no Baylor! ;)

sahen
08-31-2006, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
don't you mean...they're no Baylor! ;) as bad as we were we wouldnt have lost to the Citadel nor gone 0-12...but those days r over so thank god i wont have to deal w/ that again....

wedo
08-31-2006, 03:45 PM
i hope a&m wins in a blowout so my boy kellen Heard #91 will get some pt!!!!!!!

BTEXDAD
08-31-2006, 04:31 PM
Aggies will be unbeaten and ranked in top 15 (after first 4 games). Citadel, Lousiana-Lafayette, Army and La Tech.
Then reality will set in and they'll lose 5 of their last 8 finishing at 7-5 but being bowl eligible and going somewhere over the Christmas Holidays for a game.

un b weavable
08-31-2006, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by BTEXDAD
Aggies will be unbeaten and ranked in top 15 (after first 4 games). Citadel, Lousiana-Lafayette, Army and La Tech.
Then reality will set in and they'll lose 5 of their last 8 finishing at 7-5 but being bowl eligible and going somewhere over the Christmas Holidays for a game.

I dont know about ranked in the top 15, but the rest sounds pretty good to me.
I really dont care if they suck or not. Im just glad there are more evening games this year. Its freakin hot outside.

AggieJohn
08-31-2006, 04:51 PM
See SMU 2005

hereandnow
08-31-2006, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
Well, after a few years of every Aggie claiming that Frantastic was the best coach ever and even a better gameday coach than Stoops and a better recruiter than Mack, they've come to realize that he isn't exactly what they expected. The bottom line is that Frantastic is on the hot seat. He must win this year or A&M will look elsewhere. Yeah, they will beat The Citadel, but it's wins against opponents like this that don't save your job. McGee is clearly the bellcow of this offense. People have annointed him as Jesus already and he hasn't done anything really. This kid is a strong, gutsy player and will play until he can't anymore. That's a great attitude that most college athletes don't have. However, if you're going on that alone as your reasoning for the Texas A&M Aggies to have a great season, that's pretty weak IMO. The RB spot at A&M is very, very solid. But that alone won't win games. If the A&M defense is horrendous yet again this year, then there won't be happy Aggies in Mudville. However, Texas A&M will start it off on a high note!

Texas A&M - 52
The Citadel - 6

.... and you're going to be laughing when A&M beats UT this year out of pure hatred alone. Mark my word

SintonFan_inAustin
08-31-2006, 05:11 PM
Texas A&M will win this but they wont win more than 6 games:p

SintonFan_inAustin
08-31-2006, 05:12 PM
and one of those wins wont be against Texas;)

Bulldog_12
08-31-2006, 05:26 PM
All I can say to the people who say we MIGHT win seven games is, come back in December and eat crow. Not many people still have the faith. I believe in this team and the leadership and heart of Stephen McGee all the way. I really think A&M is going to surprise a lot of people this year. If we dont win AT LEAST 9 games this year, I will come back and take my crow. Take it to the bank.

wedo
08-31-2006, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by hereandnow
.... and you're going to be laughing when A&M beats UT this year out of pure hatred alone. Mark my word

thats freaking hilarous dude!!!!! hahahahaha

hereandnow
08-31-2006, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
and one of those wins wont be against Texas;)

Yea, and everybody in the state was jumping on the A&M fair-weather bandwagon in the late 80's thru 90's until Mack Brown started inviting all his enticed recruits to his ritzy lakehouse. Oops, we're not supposed to talk about that here, are we?

It's all about the ALMIGHTY DOLLAR.....

:dispntd:

wedo
08-31-2006, 07:07 PM
Yea, and everybody in the state was jumping on the A&M fair-weather bandwagon in the late 80's thru 90's until Mack Brown started inviting all his enticed recruits to his ritzy lakehouse. Oops, we're not supposed to talk about that here, are we?

It's all about the ALMIGHTY DOLLAR.....

:dispntd:

Quit haten!!!!!!!:mad:

un b weavable
08-31-2006, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by Bulldog_12
All I can say to the people who say we MIGHT win seven games is, come back in December and eat crow. Not many people still have the faith. I believe in this team and the leadership and heart of Stephen McGee all the way. I really think A&M is going to surprise a lot of people this year. If we dont win AT LEAST 9 games this year, I will come back and take my crow. Take it to the bank.

If the defense plays anything like they did last year its gonna be a long season, and they definitely wont win 9 games. Hopefully someone taught them how to defend a pass in the offseason.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
08-31-2006, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by un b weavable
If the defense plays anything like they did last year its gonna be a long season, and they definitely wont win 9 games. Hopefully someone taught them how to defend a pass in the offseason.
I know for a fact that defending passes has been stressed...

KTJ
08-31-2006, 11:16 PM

1.) Seems like I hear this same statement made every year. And every year, what happens....

2.) RE: Bulldawg_12--I think A&M wins 8. Headed to the Alamo Bowl against Penn State.

AggieJohn
08-31-2006, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
1.) Seems like I hear this same statement made every year. And every year, what happens....

2.) RE: Bulldawg_12--I think A&M wins 8. Headed to the Alamo Bowl against Penn State. well one year we'll say it and it'll be ture:tongue: :tongue:

hereandnow
08-31-2006, 11:21 PM
I'll tell you what happens. You nearly get your butt kicked like last year with a freshman quarterback against a guy twice his size calling UT signals and you still squeaked out an 11-point win.

If it wasn't for Sixth Street and the fact that 97 percent of trashy high school kids want to go to college to die from alcohol poisoning, UT would dry up and blow away.

Bulldog_12
08-31-2006, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by KTJ

2.) RE: Bulldawg_12-

...........Im not a thug.

:D

LH Panther Mom
09-01-2006, 05:44 AM
If it wasn't for Sixth Street and the fact that 97 percent of trashy high school kids want to go to college to die from alcohol poisoning, UT would dry up and blow away.
:eek: OMG! I can't believe you just said that! :mad:

wedo
09-01-2006, 07:42 AM
Why is it that an aggie always has to start "ut sucks" and this and that!!! And then yall get yalls feeling hurt and cry like baby when we kick yalls butt in everything!!! And then yall say well we almost won!!! It was only by 11 points!!! blah blah!!!!

Football is a game of emotion and A&M came out fired up last year and surprised the horns!!! But in the end by 11 points or by 1, the team with the most talent won!!!!

hereandnow
09-01-2006, 08:14 AM
Originally posted by wedo
Why is it that an aggie always has to start "ut sucks" and this and that!!! And then yall get yalls feeling hurt and cry like baby when we kick yalls but in everything!!! And then yall say well we almost won!!! It was only by 11 points!!! blah blah!!!!

Football is a game of emotion and A&M came out fired up last year and surprised the horns!!! But in the end by 11 points or by 1, the team with the most talent won!!!!

.... and the "talent" (aka Vince Young) let t.u. know how much he thought about them when he left early.

BTW, you might want to brush up on your spelling. The word is "butt" as in "you're the butt of this joke."

CHS_CG
09-01-2006, 08:18 AM
when we kick yalls but in everything!!!

most things... i believe yall have lost the past 2 years to A&M in BBall.. at Reed arena anyway. Yeah its not that big whatever but just correcting you :nerd:

wedo
09-01-2006, 08:20 AM
.... and the "talent" (aka Vince Young) let t.u. know how much he thought about them when he left early.

BTW, you might want to brush up on your spelling. The word is "butt" as in "you're the butt of this joke."

Lets just talk the day after thanksgiving and then we will see what you have to say about UT!!!

wedo
09-01-2006, 08:23 AM
does anybody know what UT's all time record is against A&M in a all three major sports??? Basketball, football, baseball

CHS_CG
09-01-2006, 08:23 AM
Lets just talk the day after thanksgiving and then we will see what you have to say about UT!!!

I dont have a problem with UT... YES I am an aggie. Yes I root for the Ags when we play UT in ANY SPORT, But I root for ALL TEXAS TEAMS (except Tech sometimes *sorry LHPM*) when it comes to sports. See the Aggies are big enough to be able to do that but all UT wants is for Aggies to lose all the time:rolleyes: So before you go talkin your crap maybe you should step back and ask other aggies besides this hereandnow guy how they feel. He doesnt speak for all of us!

wedo
09-01-2006, 08:46 AM
Originally posted by CHS_CG
I dont have a problem with UT... YES I am an aggie. Yes I root for the Ags when we play UT in ANY SPORT, But I root for ALL TEXAS TEAMS (except Tech sometimes *sorry LHPM*) when it comes to sports. See the Aggies are big enough to be able to do that but all UT wants is for Aggies to lose all the time:rolleyes: So before you go talkin your crap maybe you should step back and ask other aggies besides this hereandnow guy how they feel. He doesnt speak for all of us!

I root for the aggies also even though Im a UT fan!!! Last year i was very dissapointed about how they did b/c i have a couple of classmates that play there!!! To me UT doesn't care about A&M anymore their big rival is OU!! I have a friend that just recently transferred to A&M and when I talked to him after orientation all he was talking about was how UT sucks and thier not really UT and all this stuff!!! I was like dang are all ags upsest with UT???

hereandnow
09-01-2006, 08:57 AM
I can't wait for the game personally. After seeing how close they came last year, they know what's possible, my friend.

hereandnow
09-01-2006, 09:00 AM

You obviously are a teen because if you were around in the latter part of the 80's and most of the 90s, you'd know that all it takes is a 2-3 years to slowly turn around a program and there was a time when t.u. hated A&M because they couldn't beat the Aggies--- the same way you claim your beloved t-sips can't lose to them now.

Bottom line: t.u. pays it players to play there, plain and simple. I know because my great uncle was an assistant there until three years ago. So don't feed me your crap until you turn at lesat 30 and can base your trash talk on experience and knowledge.

AggieJohn
09-01-2006, 09:03 AM
I root for the aggies also even though Im a UT fan!!! Last year i was very dissapointed about how they did b/c i have a couple of classmates that play there!!! To me UT doesn't care about A&M anymore their big rival is OU!! I have a friend that just recently transferred to A&M and when I talked to him after orientation all he was talking about was how UT sucks and thier not really UT and all this stuff!!! I was like dang are all ags upsest with UT??? spoken from a t-shirt sip........if Texas got owned by Tulsa 5 straight years in a row, they'd consider them their rival

hereandnow
09-01-2006, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
spoken from a t-shirt sip........if Texas got owned by Tulsa 5 straight years in a row, they'd consider them their rival

Thank You!

KTJ
09-01-2006, 09:11 AM
Torbush.

This has gotten way out of hand.

You obviously are a teen because if you were around in the latter part of the 80's and most of the 90s, you'd know that all it takes is a 2-3 years to slowly turn around a program and there was a time when t.u. hated A&M because they couldn't beat the Aggies--- the same way you claim your beloved t-sips can't lose to them now.

Bottom line: t.u. pays it players to play there, plain and simple. I know because my great uncle was an assistant there until three years ago. So don't feed me your crap until you turn at lesat 30 and can base your trash talk on experience and knowledge.

^^^ That is one of the dumbest things I've ever heard from anyone on this website. Ever. What's funny (or even dumber) is that you actually believe it.

spoken from a t-shirt sip........if Texas got owned by Tulsa 5 straight years in a row, they'd consider them their rival

^^^ I'm really tired of all the "t-shirt this" and "t-shirt that." No other school used that phrase. And please tell me you don't think that a.) we'd get pwned by Tulsa or b.) if we did, we'd consider them a rival. Why you even thought of it that way, I don't know.

AggieJohn
09-01-2006, 09:15 AM
ktj,

just using them as a example.....

Also back to the original topic in this thread.......

Javorskie Lane is 11 pounds heavier than their heaviest player..............

This is gonna be brutal......

hereandnow
09-01-2006, 09:27 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by KTJ
[B]Torbush.

^^^ That is one of the dumbest things I've ever heard from anyone on this website. Ever. What's funny (or even dumber) is that you actually believe it. [QUOTE]

Translation: KTJ is under 20.

The difference between Rhett Bomar and Vince Young: One got caught.

DaHop72
09-01-2006, 09:33 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by KTJ
[B]Torbush.

^^^ That is one of the dumbest things I've ever heard from anyone on this website. Ever. What's funny (or even dumber) is that you actually believe it. [QUOTE]

Translation: KTJ is under 20.

The difference between Rhett Bomar and Vince Young: One got caught. KTJ will be 25 in Sept. And you are how old???

hereandnow
09-01-2006, 10:47 AM
old enough to give you a good ole' fashioned spanking

DaHop72
09-01-2006, 10:49 AM

:D I don't think so "junior", when was the last time you were taken out to the wood shed and given a good beating. :devil: :devil:

hereandnow
09-01-2006, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by DaHop72
I don't think so "junior", when was the last time you were taken out to the wood shed and given a good beating. :devil: :devil:

not THAT old, but old enough to remember what the sound of my dad's belt popping meant

Bulldog_12
09-01-2006, 12:10 PM

Javorskie.

I'm sorry to tell you this AJ, Jorvorskie has now put you on his hit list on Sept. 1 2006 for not spelling his name right.

AggieJohn
09-01-2006, 12:14 PM
I'm sorry to tell you this AJ, Jorvorskie has now put you on his hit list on Sept. 1 2006 for not spelling his name right. i guess my days are numbered...

Bulldog_12
09-01-2006, 12:21 PM
i guess my days are numbered...

Either you're days are numbered, or he will eat your babies, when you have them. You make the choice.

AggieJohn
09-01-2006, 12:24 PM
Either you're days are numbered, or he will eat your babies, when you have them. You make the choice. chuck norris just called me, said that he will be sending facial hair to use as a repellant

Bulldog_12
09-01-2006, 12:30 PM
Nothing but The Chuck himself can save you from Jorvorskie, except maybe Tellocity.

CHS_CG
09-01-2006, 12:33 PM

please dont test the oldtimer... he doesnt have the nickname bc hes 20 TRUST ME!

txkmom
09-01-2006, 12:55 PM
All five of us will be at this game for my son's official visit. I hope it's a good one, even though you guys don't seem to think so!
We'll be wearing the LE shirts!

raider red 2000
09-01-2006, 01:12 PM
Nothing but The Chuck himself can save you from Jorvorskie, except maybe Tellocity.

i am sure that one could hide from Javorskie in the END ZONE.

that lil white line might be awful hard to cross this year.

wedo
09-01-2006, 01:31 PM

Please tell me What age has to do with this??? So your uncle was a great coach? What are you?? Believe Im 100% sure I know more about football and not just stats than you!!! Oh and im not a teenager!!!!!

Bulldog_12
09-01-2006, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by raider red 2000
i am sure that one could hide from Javorskie in the END ZONE.

that lil white line might be awful hard to cross this year.

Serious question here. Have you EVER seen Jorvorskie, or are you on crack? 595 yds on 119 carries last year with 9 tds. only started 3 games, which means he had to split time. 3 catches for 48 yds, plus a td pass of 35 yds. He's also only a freshman.

http://media.collegepublisher.com/media/paper657/stills/63ba2hkx.jpg

Since you have now doubted him publicly, I would check your closet tonight before you go to bed.

raider red 2000
09-01-2006, 01:38 PM
Serious question here. Have you EVER seen Jorvorskie, or are you on crack? 595 yds on 119 carries last year with 9 tds. only started 3 games, which means he had to split time. 3 catches for 48 yds, plus a td pass of 35 yds. He's also only a freshman.

http://media.collegepublisher.com/media/paper657/stills/63ba2hkx.jpg

Since you have now doubted him publicly, I would check your closet tonight before you go to bed.

i have seen him play.

i dont smoke crack

and i think he is a sophmore.

it was a joke.

BTW- do you smoke crack????? just askin :D

and finally that last thing...are you saying that he is coming out of the closet soon :)

Bulldog_12
09-01-2006, 01:41 PM
i have seen him play.

i dont smoke crack

and i think he is a sophmore.

it was a joke.

BTW- do you smoke crack????? just askin :D

Might as well be. Im on this stuff:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/f/ff/Kool-AidMan.jpg/180px-Kool-AidMan.jpg

LH Panther Mom
09-01-2006, 01:43 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/f/ff/Kool-AidMan.jpg/180px-Kool-AidMan.jpg
NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! Not the Kool-Aid! :D :p

raider red 2000
09-01-2006, 01:44 PM

MMMMM Kool-Aid is good.

wedo
09-01-2006, 01:44 PM
If lane gained any more weight than he will probably be a little slower!!!

Than what he already was!!!!!

Bulldog_12
09-01-2006, 01:46 PM
MMMMM Kool-Aid is good.

Yeah its got me pretty edgy. I think I am going into withdrawels, I gotta go hit that stuff again real quick. Im almost worried that I will have to be high on kool-aid the whole year. Well, Cheers to a great year for the Ags!
http://www.x-entertainment.com/pics/kool5.jpg

Bulldog_12
09-01-2006, 01:47 PM
I just found out that Jorvorskie is 12 lbs heavier than ANY member of the Citadel football team. This could get ugly.

raider red 2000
09-01-2006, 01:47 PM
If lane gained any more weight than he will probably be a little slower!!!

Than what he already was!!!!!

BTW- i know you arnt on crack.

Bulldog_12
09-01-2006, 01:49 PM

BTW- i know you arnt on crack.

:p
http://houstonopinions.com/TCEH-634K.jpg

raider red 2000
09-01-2006, 01:52 PM
that is now the background on my computer :)

Bulldog_12
09-01-2006, 01:53 PM
that is now the background on my computer :)

good call

District303aPastPlayer
09-01-2006, 01:58 PM
that picture is hilarious

raider red 2000
09-01-2006, 02:04 PM
it is obvious that the E and C guys transfered from another agriculutral school.

raider red 2000
09-01-2006, 02:10 PM
btw- if i am correct- ATM has won only 3 times against TECH in the last 11 years.

Bulldog_12
09-01-2006, 03:52 PM
it is obvious that the E and C guys transfered from another agriculutral school.

I heard they were arranged by Jarret Hicks.

LH Panther Mom
09-01-2006, 03:57 PM
I heard they were arranged by Jarret Hicks.
Get it right! It was Byron Hanspard, not Hicks. ;)