PDA

View Full Version : OU's Peterson's father denied

injuredinmelee
08-31-2006, 01:12 PM
Updated: Aug. 31, 2006, 1:45 PM ET
Peterson's father denied request to watch OU openerAssociated Press

NORMAN, Okla. -- The father of Oklahoma running back Adrian Peterson will have to wait a little longer before getting to see his son play in person.

Nelson Peterson, who spent nearly seven years in prison in Texarkana, Texas, for money laundering, was released to a halfway house in Oklahoma City this summer, but his request to attend Saturday's game between OU and Alabama-Birmingham in Norman was denied Wednesday.

Adrian Peterson has said he would be disappointed if is dad was not allowed to attend because he has traveled from the halfway house in downtown Oklahoma City to Edmond, where he works at an auto dealership.

"I don't see why he can't come 30 minutes down the road to see his son play ball," Adrian Peterson said. "That'd be kind of crazy."

Nelson Peterson is expected to be released Oct. 5. OU plays Texas on Oct. 7.

Adidas410s
08-31-2006, 01:14 PM
crazy stuff...crazy stuff...

injuredinmelee
08-31-2006, 01:15 PM
word.

How long was daddy in the pen? Anyone know? Money laundering? That code for something else?

District303aPastPlayer
08-31-2006, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
word.

How long was daddy in the pen? Anyone know? Money laundering? That code for something else?

Since before he was a Jr i believe

Adidas410s
08-31-2006, 01:17 PM
according to the article he was in for about 7 years. I had heard the specifics on it a while back but I don't remember anymore. I don't think it was code for something else...that was really what happened.

injuredinmelee
08-31-2006, 01:18 PM
i thik it is code for he was dealing but they didnt catch him with the drugs.

JasperDog94
08-31-2006, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
... where he works at an auto dealership. Like father like son.:(