PDA

View Full Version : 08-29-06 Volleyball Results Here!

Phil C
08-31-2006, 10:39 AM
I hope my title makes it obvious that this thread is not football. I know I am late with this request but hopefully we can get some results here. In Sinton we had a tournament between Sinton, Three Rivers (2A) and Pettus (1A). First Sinton beat Pettus 3 to 2, then Pettus beat Three Rivers 4 to 1 and then Sinton beat Three Rivers 3 to 1. Three Rivers is a good 2A team and Pettus is a good 1A team. The matches were terrific and each point was usually highly contested - a fact that is often overlooked when one looks at the final score. Three Rivers had lost one of their star players from last year and she was missed but they have some good players and should make the playoffs. Pettus is a very good 1A team and really works hard and fights on each serve. The only thing they lack is that one very tall girl that can spike the ball. They have several that can do that but they don't have that extra height. If they did then Windthorst (or whoever goes to state) would have come competition in volleyball this year. As it is I expect Pettus to do well this year.
Sinton won but they are still young basically and I expect them to improve as the year goes along.
A great entertaining tournament indeed and all the young ladies of each team did very well.

pirate4state
08-31-2006, 10:44 AM
I agree Phil!! :clap: Pettus really impressed me with their hustle and sheer determination to keep volleys alive!!! :thumbsup: Their two "tall" girls just need to hit the weights and they should be fine!!

Three Rivers looked a bit lost without their middle hitter/blocker, but the season is young and I'm sure they'll find their balance.

Sinton is very young!! I'm very impressed with CoCo's play, but can't understand why she isn't used more from the back row? :confused: Guess the coach knows what she is doing? :thinking: Anyway, the talent is there they just need to come together as a TEAM. If they can do that then district should be very interesting!!! :clap:

injuredinmelee
08-31-2006, 10:47 AM
some of you wont believe this but I have been watching volleyball on CSTV and ESPNU. The gf is a former college vb player and has peaked my interest in the game. It is taking me a long time to learn all the facets and strategies but I am getting there. In trade I am teaching her the nuances of football. Seemed like a fair trade.

Phil C
08-31-2006, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
some of you wont believe this but I have been watching volleyball on CSTV and ESPNU. The gf is a former college vb player and has peaked my interest in the game. It is taking me a long time to learn all the facets and strategies but I am getting there. In trade I am teaching her the nuances of football. Seemed like a fair trade.

Sounds like a great trade off inj! And I agree P4S that our girls will get better. Our coach generally lets everyone play that she can especially during pre district in order to decide the final line up for district games.

txkmom
08-31-2006, 10:58 AM
from 8/30 Texarkana Gazette:

CITY VOLLEYBALL: L-E tops Redwater
Wednesday, August 30, 2006 10:02 AM CDT
Liberty-Eylau made it a clean sweep in varsity and sub-varsity volleyball competition Tuesday night at the Rader Dome.
The Lady Leopards’ varsity improved to 9-4 on the season by beating Redwater 25-18, 25-11, 25-13. Megan Taylor led L-E at the service line with five aces. Farryn Cason and Mareka Riles had seven kills each, while Cason contributed four blocks.
L-E swept the junior varsity match 25-9, 25-15. The Lady Leopards also won the freshman contest 25-11, 25-10.
The Lady Leopards will be back in action next Tuesday against Texas High.

pirate4state
08-31-2006, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by txkmom
from 8/30 Texarkana Gazette:

CITY VOLLEYBALL: L-E tops Redwater
Wednesday, August 30, 2006 10:02 AM CDT
Liberty-Eylau made it a clean sweep in varsity and sub-varsity volleyball competition Tuesday night at the Rader Dome.
The Lady Leopards’ varsity improved to 9-4 on the season by beating Redwater 25-18, 25-11, 25-13. Megan Taylor led L-E at the service line with five aces. Farryn Cason and Mareka Riles had seven kills each, while Cason contributed four blocks.
L-E swept the junior varsity match 25-9, 25-15. The Lady Leopards also won the freshman contest 25-11, 25-10.
The Lady Leopards will be back in action next Tuesday against Texas High.

Does your daughter play???

txkmom
08-31-2006, 12:34 PM
Yes. Lacey is a sophomore middle blocker and back row on varsity. She loves it because she never comes out! She's 6'0" like her mom!

piratebg
08-31-2006, 12:36 PM
Way to go Lady Pirates :clap:

pirate4state
08-31-2006, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by txkmom
Yes. Lacey is a sophomore middle blocker and back row on varsity. She loves it because she never comes out! She's 6'0" like her mom! Cool!!! :clap: :clap: Good Luck to her this year!! :thumbsup:

tigerpride_08
08-31-2006, 01:27 PM
well the Wharton girls are now 7-2 on the season...they are on a roll....

raider red 2000
08-31-2006, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by tigerpride_08
well the Wharton girls are now 7-2 on the season...they are on a roll....

they beat Louise 3-0

garageoffice
08-31-2006, 03:03 PM
The Kennedale varsity girls took 3rd place in the gold bracket in a tournament at FW Southwest HS over the weekend, but then lost to an impressive Peaster team on Tuesday night to post a 10-4 record so far.

In sub-varsity play, our JV team is now 6-1 after winning the Grandview tournament over the weekend and beating the Peaster JV squad this week. That 6-1 record includes wins over three 4A JV squads.