PDA

View Full Version : T.O. & Dallas!!!

PHS Wildcats
08-30-2006, 10:28 PM
Let me state first that I may the most anti-Dallas Cowboy ever, But I have been very impressed with the receiving corp. My question is with the way the Cowboy receivers have been performing in the preseason, do the Cowboys really need T.O.?

DaHop72
08-30-2006, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by PHS Wildcats
Let me state first that I may the most anti-Dallas Cowboy ever, But I have been very impressed with the receiving corp. My question is with the way the Cowboy receivers have been performing in the preseason, do the Cowboys really need T.O.? Yes:devil:

MagicMan
08-30-2006, 10:32 PM
thats like asking if usc needed lendale white... probably not but i bet usc was glad to have him

Txbroadcaster
08-30-2006, 10:32 PM
Big time yes..without TO, Glenn is gonna be doubled, Crayton is solid but seems to be a bit injury prone, after him you ave a bunch of young could be good WR, but not proven.

With TO, single coverage on Glenn, single coverage on Witten, opens up the running lanes

PPHSfan
08-30-2006, 10:33 PM
Every team could use T.O.

SintonFan_inAustin
08-30-2006, 10:36 PM
just wondering if he scores in preseason at Texas Stadium if he runs to the middle of the field and poses on the star does somebody run and knock him down:confused:

shankbear
08-30-2006, 10:38 PM
He is there just for TO. Hope he is history soon.

PHS Wildcats
that would be interesting:clap:

PPHSfan
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
just wondering if he scores in preseason at Texas Stadium if he runs to the middle of the field and poses on the star does somebody run and knock him down:confused:

No, but G2 will throw him a nacho.

Texas-Fight
08-30-2006, 11:36 PM
Let me state first that I may the most anti-Dallas Cowboy ever, But I have been very impressed with the receiving corp. My question is with the way the Cowboy receivers have been performing in the preseason, do the Cowboys really need T.O.? Yes. Terrell is getting all of this negative publicity because why? Because he is nursing a hamstring injury. The same injury that Hines Ward and Steve Smith are missing the preseason with also. You can't look at his past experiences with other teams. You have to look forward with what he brings to the organization as a player. Terrell is a physical specimen that will be ready when game time comes around. The media is the reason this situation is blown out of proportion they are bias against Terrell that they make every little thing like nursing a hamstring into a big deal.

SintonFan
08-30-2006, 11:41 PM
ROFL!!!:clap: :clap: :clap:
i feel you SFiA...:D

SintonFan
08-30-2006, 11:56 PM
Let me state first that I may the most anti-Dallas Cowboy ever, But I have been very impressed with the receiving corp. My question is with the way the Cowboy receivers have been performing in the preseason, do the Cowboys really need T.O.?
I like the receivers and what they have done this preseason, too. But it's not the season yet...
I am a TO-hater(since the Star incident), and don't still care for him now. I don't care that he has not followed the same "channels" as other injured players have in preseason, or for that matter, anything that normal players do when they are injured or have a gripe with the team or teammate or whatever. I have some confidence that if the 'crap hits the fan' maybe Parcells can do what other coaches haven't been able to do. Turn a negative into a positive. The guy has moxie and lots of it. If any coach can make lemonade out of a lemon he can(Parcells loves lemonade lol). That being said, I'm in a (wait and see) mode when it comes to TO. I hope the best for my favorite team but do expect something to justify my suspicions once the real season starts.
It does look like the media has targeted him... but come on, he has brought that attention to himself.
And the only thing that can cure my TO sickness is....
*drum roll please*
A Dallas SuperBowl win coupled with a very, very quiet Terrell Owens.;)
I do think when all is taken into consideration, yes the Cowboys need TO. But for his own self, he needs the Cowboys more.

PHS Wildcats
08-30-2006, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by Texas-Fight
Yes. Terrell is getting all of this negative publicity because why? Because he is nursing a hamstring injury. The same injury that Hines Ward and Steve Smith are missing the preseason with also. You can't look at his past experiences with other teams. You have to look forward with what he brings to the organization as a player. Terrell is a physical specimen that will be ready when game time comes around. The media is the reason this situation is blown out of proportion they are bias against Terrell that they make every little thing like nursing a hamstring into a big deal.

I wasn't talking about his past or being a team problem. I was asking since the the receivers were doing a great job in the preseason, can they make it without T.O. This thread has nothing to do with him sitting out.

SintonFan
08-31-2006, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by Texas-Fight
Yes. Terrell is getting all of this negative publicity because why? Because he is nursing a hamstring injury. The same injury that Hines Ward and Steve Smith are missing the preseason with also. You can't look at his past experiences with other teams. You have to look forward with what he brings to the organization as a player. Terrell is a physical specimen that will be ready when game time comes around. The media is the reason this situation is blown out of proportion they are bias against Terrell that they make every little thing like nursing a hamstring into a big deal.
lol
Ever heard of the saying, "Burn me once shame on you. Burn me twice shame on me".
Well, TO has already burned TwO teams. :thinking:

STANG RED
08-31-2006, 08:19 AM
TO, is a selfish egomaniacal SOB, and has brought all this negative press and feelings on himself. I don’t care if he is the greatest specimen that ever stepped on a football field, he cant expect to act the way he does, and treat other people the way he does, without expecting it to come back and haunt him at some point. Well, this is that point! He has now put himself in a position of delivering nothing short of a superbowl to Dallas, or he is a bust. He has put himself in such a bad position, he cant have so much as a hangnail injury without the press and everybody else coming down on him hard, and he has brought it all on himself, so I cant feel the slightest bit sorry for him, for it. I can’t imagine why anyone would even want to come to his defense. Do you think he would do the same for you??? Hell no!!! Not unless there was something in it for him.
Bottom line, TO shouldn’t even expect or receive, any sympathy from anyone, because I guarantee he would NOT return the favor!

Tiger Baseball
08-31-2006, 08:27 AM
Originally posted by STANG RED
TO, is a selfish egomaniacal SOB, and has brought all this negative press and feelings on himself. I don’t care if he is the greatest specimen that ever stepped on a football field, he cant expect to act the way he does, and treat other people the way he does, without expecting it to come back and haunt him at some point. Well, this is that point! He has now put himself in a position of delivering nothing short of a superbowl to Dallas, or he is a bust. He has put himself in such a bad position, he cant have so much as a hangnail injury without the press and everybody else coming down on him hard, and he has brought it all on himself, so I cant feel the slightest bit sorry for him, for it. I can’t imagine why anyone would even want to come to his defense. Do you think he would do the same for you??? Hell no!!! Not unless there was something in it for him.
Bottom line, TO shouldn’t even expect or receive, any sympathy from anyone, because I guarantee he would NOT return the favor! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Texas-Fight
08-31-2006, 09:04 AM
I wasn't talking about his past or being a team problem. I was asking since the the receivers were doing a great job in the preseason, can they make it without T.O. This thread has nothing to do with him sitting out.

I answered your question but then I just went rambling on how the media is, sorry for the mistake. :D

Originally posted by STANG RED
Bottom line, TO shouldn’t even expect or receive, any sympathy from anyone, because I guarantee he would NOT return the favor! Deion Branch is a pretty selfish person also. He has missed all of training camp and preseason games because he is not happy with his contract. All players in in the NFL have ego's it's just a matter of how much they show that ego.

neck_94
08-31-2006, 09:53 AM

i bet darren woodson comes out of the stands and smokes him...

piratebg
08-31-2006, 12:28 PM

I go back and forth on this issue, but I think the only good he'll do on offense is to attract a double team. This will lead to more spectacular catches from Terry Glenn and get the ball around to the other receivers. The Eagles relied on him heavily and when he left them, they fell apart. The Cowboys have shown what they can do without him so I'm not too worried if he decides to walk out again.

STANG RED
08-31-2006, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by piratebg
I go back and forth on this issue, but I think the only good he'll do on offense is to attract a double team. This will lead to more spectacular catches from Terry Glenn and get the ball around to the other receivers. The Eagles relied on him heavily and when he left them, they fell apart. The Cowboys have shown what they can do without him so I'm not too worried if he decides to walk out again.
:thinking: :thinking: :thinking: Now that you mention it, that IS a pretty good way to look at it. I had'nt thought about it like that before. Maybe this TO setting out deal, will prove to be a blessing in disquise thing. It did give everybody else a chance to catch a lot of balls, and show what they are capable of.

Old QB
08-31-2006, 01:52 PM
I don't like his personality/ego trip either - but I do admire his atheletic ability. He's the best receiver in nfl & he'll score at least 14 -15 touchdowns this year. Watch & see. If he scores the winning touchdown in the superbowl, I wonder if cowboy fans will bad mouth him then.