PDA

View Full Version : Tech and the Big 12

Bulldog_12
08-30-2006, 09:52 PM
Dont put money on the Red Raiders just yet folks, not that anyone was because UT is God around here. Looks like BIG receiver problems in Lubbock.

Eligibility Problems In Lubbock (http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/stories/083106dnspotechshort.27e541c.html)

KTJ
08-30-2006, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by Bulldog_12
because UT is God around here.

:confused:

But back to your post--

Never underestimate a Mike Leach coached team. And from what I'm hearing, everything should be resolved soon and those guys will be back. Even if they aren't, I still like their receiving corps.

Then again, who knows. :nerd:

:D

Bulldog_12
08-30-2006, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
:confused:

LOL, you know there have been like a million and one threads about the Horns. I just had to slip my one jab in.:D

Anyways, I dont doubt that leach's system would be fine without them, but losing Hicks, who had 65 passes for 850 yds and 10 touchdowns last year has to hurt. It doesnt effect the system so much as it effects depth. To lose a potential All-American plus a legite backup can really hurt down the line.

Bulldog_12
08-30-2006, 11:37 PM
C'mon. The only ones to post on a Texas Tech thread are an Aggie and a Longhorn? Are Raider fans that scarce on here? We should at least get a Baylor person on here while we are at it. Sahen, what do you think?:D

Texas-Fight
08-30-2006, 11:39 PM
Don't compare UT to God. They are more less a spiritual type figure but not God. :D

Bulldog_12
08-30-2006, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by Texas-Fight
Don't compare UT to God. They are more less a spiritual type figure but not God. :D

you're preaching to the choir.:D

LH Panther Mom
08-31-2006, 06:07 AM
Originally posted by Bulldog_12
C'mon. The only ones to post on a Texas Tech thread are an Aggie and a Longhorn? Are Raider fans that scarce on here? We should at least get a Baylor person on here while we are at it. Sahen, what do you think?:D
You should know there's only about 3 of us Tech fans. :p

I'm very disappointed about Hicks. Hopefully that will get worked out, but if it doesn't, he should've taken care of his business in the classroom. He'll be missed, but I have no doubt there's very capable replacements.

As far as Crabtree....well, he hadn't done anything yet, so what's to miss? Clearinghouse issues should've been addressed long ago and it's really not that difficult to get all your ducks in a row unless you didn't have the grades to begin with. I don't know the whole story there, but if it's a grade issue from high school, chances are he'd be ineligible with college grades as well.

GWOOD
08-31-2006, 07:25 AM
The biggest thing about Hicks is his yardage after the catch. The guy has speed and moves and knows how to get downfield. Filani probably has better hands than Hicks and may be tougher. But we will miss Hicks greatly if he does not get elgible.

Maybe someone will take advantage of the playing time and surprise us all.

raider red 2000
08-31-2006, 08:01 AM
i think that tech will be fine with or without them.

of courese when you lose an All- American caliber rec it is tough....but TECH will be fine.

I am sure TECH could beat the AGS with only 9 players anyways :)

GWOOD
08-31-2006, 08:45 AM
Originally posted by raider red 2000

Now there's a Tech fan!:clap:

raider red 2000
08-31-2006, 08:48 AM
yes i am.

:D

Bulldog_12
08-31-2006, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by raider red 2000
i think that tech will be fine with or without them.

of courese when you lose an All- American caliber rec it is tough....but TECH will be fine.

Man, I try to get a tceh thread going and I get punked.........thats what you get for trying to be friendly i guess.:D