PDA

View Full Version : Standing at high school games

Highschoolfan78
08-30-2006, 07:02 PM
Year and year out students and adults at Cuero high stand during games. Many times fans behind them get discouraged and cause hectic. I personally see no problem with fans standing or sitting. They dont pay for the seat, they pay for the game. In aggieland everyone has to stand. I am just confused why this is not always accepted. I understand if elderly is behind the people standing, but most of the time that isnt the case. What are your opinions?

Emerson1
08-30-2006, 07:06 PM
If someone doesn't want to bother with people standing entire the game either for home game gets season tickets or for away games don't sit behind students.

turbostud
08-30-2006, 07:16 PM
I hate sitting at games. The bleachers make my butt hurt.

Bulldog_12
08-30-2006, 07:17 PM
I say let em stand. When Jasper was in the State game a few years ago, me and my friends stood the entire game in the front row at SFA's stadium. I had some blue hair behind me complaining all the time, but I didnt care.

pirate4state
08-30-2006, 07:17 PM
I have reserved seating so I am considerate of others around me if & when I'm standing. I wouldn't want someone blocking my view of the game. I've never felt the need to stand the entire game & if I did I'd go hang out with the old "dudes" along the fence. ;)

Gobbla2001
08-30-2006, 07:18 PM
I say stand when something big happens... and yes, 3rd down with your defense on the field is big...

Ranger Mom
08-30-2006, 07:19 PM
I'm with Rita...I don't feel the need to stand during the entire game either.

Now.....don't get me started again on the "do you stand up and hollar" thing!!:D

Gobbla2001
08-30-2006, 07:22 PM
A lot of cheerleaders and their parents get mad when the whole crowd doesn't "stand up and hollar"... but when your offense is in a 3rd and 10, or a 4th and something, and your QB is about to go under-center and you want people to hollar (which means cowbells, propane tanks filled with ball-bearings etc...)???

pirate4state
08-30-2006, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
A lot of cheerleaders and their parents get mad when the whole crowd doesn't "stand up and hollar"... but when your offense is in a 3rd and 10, or a 4th and something, and your QB is about to go under-center and you want people to hollar (which means cowbells, propane tanks filled with ball-bearings etc...)??? THANK YOU!!! They should take this time to fix their hair not when your defense is trying to stop someone on 3rd & 1!! :mad: :mad:

pirate4state
08-30-2006, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I'm with Rita...I don't feel the need to stand during the entire game either.

Now.....don't get me started again on the "do you stand up and hollar" thing!!:D

I'm standing when we need a 1st down, we need a big stop or we are knocking on the door!! :D :D

Ranger Mom
08-30-2006, 07:25 PM
A lot of cheerleaders and their parents get mad when the whole crowd doesn't "stand up and hollar"... but when your offense is in a 3rd and 10, or a 4th and something, and your QB is about to go under-center and you want people to hollar (which means cowbells, propane tanks filled with ball-bearings etc...)???

Thank goodness our cheerleaders know enough about the game NOT to do that cheer when a play is going on.

That cheer is only done here during timeouts or at the end of a quarter!

DOS EQUIS
08-30-2006, 07:27 PM
I wish I could go to an A&M game @ Kyle Field.

I stand whenever I can
I am considerate of the people behind me though. Go Mustangs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gobbla2001
08-30-2006, 07:27 PM
Well your crowd does your "Go, Go, Go" when you're on O and have a chance to score/4th down etc..., and they do your "Defense, Defense, Defense" when the D needs a stop...

That is just a consistant roar, there is a rythm to it and usually a player can block that out...

But when it is sudden roar, hands clapping off beat, cowbells ringin' like it's the end of the world, people whistling etc... that can get crazy...

Also during a CRITICAL time-out...

Ranger Mom
08-30-2006, 07:31 PM

But when it is sudden roar, hands clapping off beat, cowbells ringin' like it's the end of the world, people whistling etc... that can get crazy...

Also during a CRITICAL time-out...

It's funny you say that....when I made my "do you stand up and hollar" post 4 years ago, I was actually griping because very few of us DO stand up and hollar.

I have never witnessed the sudden roar, hands clapping off beat, cowbells ringin' like it's the end of the world, people whistling, etc........:( :(

carter08
08-30-2006, 07:31 PM
BIG PLAY. Except the student section. We should always stand

Gobbla2001
08-30-2006, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
It's funny you say that....when I made my "do you stand up and hollar" post 4 years ago, I was actually griping because very few of us DO stand up and hollar.

I have never witnessed the sudden roar, hands clapping off beat, cowbells ringin' like it's the end of the world, people whistling, etc........:( :(

Most fans do it when nothing is going on... they don't do it when something IS going on and that is when a lot get mad...

Bulldog_12
08-30-2006, 07:38 PM
Im always standing, even if I dont want to be in certain situations.:(

Old Green
08-30-2006, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
& if I did I'd go hang out with the old "dudes" along the fence. ;) HEY ! I resemble that remark:D

I've had season tickets for about 5 years now and have yet to make it up into the stands to my reserved seat. The fence is where it's at. I can yell all I want there without someone griping about me standing.

DaHop72
08-30-2006, 08:07 PM
And I bet someone sitting in your seat appreciates that as well.:D

Gobbla2001
08-30-2006, 08:08 PM
standing at the fence is COOL... you're not cool unless you stand at the fence...

Tiganut
08-30-2006, 08:13 PM
My wife thinks I have ADHD. I can't sit still. I volunteered a couple of years ago to set up our tunnel, just so I could stand close to the action. My moto is "GET LOUD OR GO HOME". A football game is not a social event.

Pmoney
08-30-2006, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by Tiganut
My wife thinks I have ADHD. I can't sit still. I volunteered a couple of years ago to set up our tunnel, just so I could stand close to the action. My moto is "GET LOUD OR GO HOME". A football game is not a social event.
alright another Snyder poster:clap:....i agree with your motto

CheerMom
08-30-2006, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
I'm standing when we need a 1st down, we need a big stop or we are knocking on the door!! :D :D

Same here.

Old Green
08-30-2006, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
And I bet someone sitting in your seat appreciates that as well.:D Hmmmmmm !:thinking: I think I'll see who has their butt parked in my seat.:devil: :p

sweetwater07
08-30-2006, 08:30 PM
by god when i'm at a Sweetwater game.. i will stand until my legs fall off....the whole student section does...now the adults stand on big plays then sit back down..no spirit!!

Buccaneer
08-30-2006, 08:34 PM
I stood by the fence for a few years till I got season tickets. I am on the top row so I can stand when I want to. You can see the game much better in the stands than by the fence.

LH Panther Mom
08-30-2006, 08:46 PM
I sit during the timeouts and half or if there's an injured player. Other than that, I might sit down a total of 10 minutes. Most everyone stands around me.

GreenGobbla
08-30-2006, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
I sit during the timeouts and half or if there's an injured player. Other than that, I might sit down a total of 10 minutes. Most everyone stands around me.

same here, stand the whole game pretty much except for half time and injuries

PPHSfan
08-30-2006, 09:13 PM
I think standing in the Student section is great. I think the student section should NOT be in front of the Alumni Section. It should be on one END of the bleachers. Some of us are OLD and decrepit.