PDA

View Full Version : Sometimes you just can't get a break!

garageoffice
08-30-2006, 01:20 PM
Whitesboro, still the Texas football program with the longest run without a post-season appearance (never), has had much improved teams the past year or two. Now, at a time when rumors are that they might be developing some real talent, what happens to them? The recent realignment puts them in one of only 4 districts in the state that contains 8 teams! Not only that, but add Celina back in the mix along with Bonham and Prosper.

Man, I was hoping they'd get a decent shot at it this year!

Bullaholic
08-30-2006, 01:31 PM
Don't count em' completely out yet, GO. If they make the playoffs, I would like to see the look on HSFan's face---wherever he may be. :D

Ranger Mom
08-30-2006, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Don't count em' completely out yet, GO. If they make the playoffs, I would like to see the look on HSFan's face---wherever he may be. :D

I still talk to him....I don't think I have heard him mention Whitesboro AT ALL this season!!:eek:

pirate4state
08-30-2006, 01:34 PM
Don't count em' completely out yet, GO. If they make the playoffs, I would like to see the look on HSFan's face---wherever he may be. :D You can find him on the 4a site! :)

Bullaholic
08-30-2006, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I still talk to him....I don't think I have heard him mention Whitesboro AT ALL this season!!:eek:

Not possible, RM.... He used to like to "beat up" on poor ol' Whitesboro regularly.:D Tell him hello.

garageoffice
08-30-2006, 01:42 PM

So would I Bull. I grew up where he now lives, in Collinsville. We could never understand how Whitesboro ALWAYS had such great JH and JV teams, but all the talent just seemed to disappear when they hit Varsity.

I'd sure like to see them end their streak, but that would mean they'd have to come out of district ahead of at least one of Pilot Point, Celina, Bonham or Prosper. Those are some pretty decent teams to have to beat. I'm pullin' for them, though!

mr.leopard man
08-31-2006, 12:54 PM
Well they did win both of there scrimmages so far and one of those was to the #9 team in the area Gainesville , beat them 4-2...there is a article on them in thursday the 31st in herald democrat the sherman paper thats pretty good....dont give up on them yet but it is a tough district and they have some minor injurys already to there team.. we shall see they play sept 1st at home against 3a nevada community 730 at home.

EricDraven
08-31-2006, 12:56 PM
Good luck to their coaches and kids.

spiveyrat
08-31-2006, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by garageoffice
Whitesboro, still the Texas football program with the longest run without a post-season appearance (never), has had much improved teams the past year or two. Now, at a time when rumors are that they might be developing some real talent, what happens to them? The recent realignment puts them in one of only 4 districts in the state that contains 8 teams! Not only that, but add Celina back in the mix along with Bonham and Prosper.

Look on the bright side, at least you're not in 21-3A. :doh:

JasperDog94
08-31-2006, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by spiveyrat
Look on the bright side, at least you're not in 21-3A. :doh: word

Keith7
08-31-2006, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by garageoffice

From what I read in the paper, they matched touchdowns with Gainesville in a scrimmage with them..

I don't know if that means that Whitesboro is alot better, or if it means that Gainesville is just alot worst..

but i'll be optimistic, and say that Whitesboro is my darkhorse to go to state

mr.leopard man
08-31-2006, 10:42 PM
Wrong Keith.. whitesboro doubled up Gainesville 4-2 I was there.. plus Whitesboros starters didnt play much... and starters in it would have been 35-7 .. whitesboro is up this year and Gainesville is down a whole bunch this year I will pick Gainesville to go 2-8. The Gainesville paper put 7-7 in live quarter .. but it regular scrimmage it was 3-1 whitesboro and add live quarter 4-2