PDA

View Full Version : So it starts...

CHS_CG
08-30-2006, 09:13 AM
ok so my boss goes outta town yesterday afternoon and all day today on some meeting for our company.. he leaves me 'this that and the other' to do.. well i did 'other' and 'that' yesterday so all i have is 'this'.... come to find out after we left yesterday HE TOOK 'THIS' WITH HIM!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad: I cant find it so I call him, where is that thing you left me to do... and he tells me, Its on your desk... BULL**** ITS GONE! so I am gunna sit here all day and do nothing.. AND GET PAID FOR IT!:mad: :mad: :D

Adidas410s
08-30-2006, 09:16 AM
:foul: :foul: :foul:

CHS_CG
08-30-2006, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
:foul: :foul: :foul:

that how i feel right now! Gee adidas.. you always know how to sum things up the best!

Adidas410s
08-30-2006, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by CHS_CG
that how i feel right now! Gee adidas.. you always know how to sum things up the best!

true...true... :thumbsup:

CHS_CG
08-30-2006, 09:22 AM
ok just got a phone call from my boss, he tells me to call his wife and ask her to look in the house for it... wouldnt he had saved a phone call if he woulda just called HIS wife first???:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Ranger Mom
08-30-2006, 09:22 AM
If I had absolutely nothing to do, 2 days away from kick-off, and could stay on the boards all day and get PAID for it......I would be ECSTATIC!!!!

CHS_CG
08-30-2006, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
If I had absolutely nothing to do, 2 days away from kick-off, and could stay on the boards all day and get PAID for it......I would be ECSTATIC!!!!

lol I am thinkin about moving the way my desk is lol.. they guys would be happy about that.. that means they get to be in here moving crap and not outside

Adidas410s
08-30-2006, 09:25 AM
ok just got a phone call from my boss, he tells me to call his wife and ask her to look in the house for it... wouldnt he had saved a phone call if he woulda just called HIS wife first???:rolleyes: :rolleyes:
welcome to my world. That was what went on yesterday. Our controller wanted to know something...but instead of calling our director of sales...he calls my boss in finance and then my boss passes it down to me and then I go over to the director of sales to get the answer. It took 5 conversations to get an answer as opposed to him finding out himself. It's so stupid!!! :mad:

CHS_CG
08-30-2006, 09:28 AM
welcome to my world. That was what went on yesterday. Our controller wanted to know something...but instead of calling our director of sales...he calls my boss in finance and then my boss passes it down to me and then I go over to the director of sales to get the answer. It took 5 conversations to get an answer as opposed to him finding out himself. It's so stupid!!! :mad:

i seriously dont see why people do that kinda stuff.. i mean really.. is it in the books that bosses have to annoy the crap outta ya!

pirate4state
08-30-2006, 09:53 AM
I'm with RM....be HAPPY!! :)

AggieJohn
08-30-2006, 09:54 AM
so a post padding day

garageoffice
08-30-2006, 09:57 AM
condemned to the world of 3ADL and MySpace for the day...what a fate! :D

Adidas410s
08-30-2006, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
so a post padding day

So when are you going to be getting a new sig and avatar? I thought that "avatar freshness" was your thing! :thumbsup:

DaHop72
08-30-2006, 09:59 AM
ok so my boss goes outta town yesterday afternoon and all day today on some meeting for our company.. he leaves me 'this that and the other' to do.. well i did 'other' and 'that' yesterday so all i have is 'this'.... come to find out after we left yesterday HE TOOK 'THIS' WITH HIM!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad: I cant find it so I call him, where is that thing you left me to do... and he tells me, Its on your desk... BULLSH!T ITS GONE! so I am gunna sit here all day and do nothing.. AND GET PAID FOR IT!:mad: :mad: :D :bigcry: :bigcry: :kiss:

Ranger Mom
08-30-2006, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
so a post padding day

See....that's where we differ, I guess! Actual conversation whining and complaining about your boss isn't a post padding IMO.

If ALL that was on this board was football talk...I wouldn't have lasted this long!

I love to talk about other stuff too......

IMO....the people who try and post a comment on EVERY thread just so they have their name on every thread on the first page....is post padding.

The people who have one word posts spelling out, I - Am - trying - to - boost - my - posts - count.......that's post padding.

Making a thread that is not football and causes lots of conversation....even if it IS between only 3 or 4 posters is NOT post padding in my opinion.

The above is what I am most guilty of....I will find a thread I can sink my teeth into and will ride it to the end....never once thinking about how many posts I may have made.....I could care less.

If anyone should be accused of post padding.....it should be me as I have the largest amount of post.

I have NEVER made a post thinking about what it would do to my post count!!

CHS_CG
08-30-2006, 10:30 AM
See....that's where we differ, I guess! Actual conversation whining and complaining about your boss isn't a post padding IMO.

If ALL that was on this board was football talk...I wouldn't have lasted this long!

IMO....the people who try and post a comment on EVERY thread just so they have their name on every thread on the first page....is post padding.

The people who have one word posts spelling out, I - Am - trying - to - boost - my - posts - count.......that's post padding.

Making a thread that is not football and causes lots of conversation....even if it IS between only 3 or 4 posters is NOT post padding in my opinion.

The above is what I am most guilty of....I will find a thread I can sink my teeth into and will ride it to the end....never once thinking about how many posts I may have made.....I could care less.

If anyone should be accused of post padding.....it should be me as I have the largest amount of post.

see i think we are goin to have the same problem now with post counts as we did with that star bs....

injuredinmelee
08-30-2006, 10:30 AM
i seriously dont see why people do that kinda stuff.. i mean really.. is it in the books that bosses have to annoy the crap outta ya!

thats why they are bosses. Why not give the responsibility to someone else and see how the take care of it. The more jobs they give you the more faith they put in you and when it comes time for promotions and raises they remember that. Thats what i do to my people. I am the boss there are soem things I do NOT want to do so I get soemone I can trust to handle it for me. I always check behind them but it is all part of my plan to see how good and reliable they are.

Adidas410s
08-30-2006, 10:31 AM

http://www.galleywinter.com/main/images/smiles/lori.gif

Ranger Mom
08-30-2006, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
thats why they are bosses. Why not give the responsibility to someone else and see how the take care of it. The more jobs they give you the more faith they put in you and when it comes time for promotions and raises they remember that. Thats what i do to my people. I am the boss there are soem things I do NOT want to do so I get soemone I can trust to handle it for me. I always check behind them but it is all part of my plan to see how good and reliable they are.

I know how that goes.....I order my boss's underwear for him!!! :D

Adidas410s
08-30-2006, 10:36 AM

TMI...TMI!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

CHS_CG
08-30-2006, 10:37 AM
TMI...TMI!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

how do you think momma feels!

injuredinmelee
08-30-2006, 10:38 AM

now that I wouldnt do to my people. I never have them handle personal situations. When I leave work and they leave work we are going to a different world. I dont want myself or them thinkign about work when they are off or away. Leave the work life seperate from the home life and things are much easier.

DaHop72
08-30-2006, 10:38 AM
I know how that goes.....I order my boss's underwear for him!!! :D :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Ranger Mom
08-30-2006, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by DaHop72
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

I was SHOCKED....there is no way I would pay $75 for 3 pairs of boxers!!

Ranger Mom
08-30-2006, 10:47 AM
see i think we are goin to have the same problem now with post counts as we did with that star bs....

Well...that's different though.

People would vote low and knock someone down on purpose....etc.

I don't see how the 2 can be compared!

pirate4state
08-30-2006, 11:06 AM

IMO....the people who try and post a comment on EVERY thread just so they have their name on every thread on the first page....is post padding. TOTALLY AGREE!!!!

:clap: Say what you mean & mean what you say!! :clap: BRAVO! I like jokes, I'm having a bad day & it's raining threads just as much as the next person, but I really believe that DURING football season these should be kept to a minimum (especially while all these stickies are up) to have to keep from going through 6 pages to get to a football thread! Just my 2 cents!

DaHop72
08-30-2006, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
:clap: Say what you mean & mean what you say!! :clap: BRAVO! I like jokes, I'm having a bad day & it's raining threads just as much as the next person, but I really believe that DURING football season these should be kept to a minimum (especially while all these stickies are up) to have to keep from going through 6 pages to get to a football thread! Just my 2 cents! "It's okay now, I'm here"

Ranger Mom
08-30-2006, 11:13 AM
:clap: Say what you mean & mean what you say!! :clap: BRAVO! I like jokes, I'm having a bad day & it's raining threads just as much as the next person, but I really believe that DURING football season these should be kept to a minimum (especially while all these stickies are up) to have to keep from going through 6 pages to get to a football thread! Just my 2 cents!

I agree with that....and it has been my experience that when football is in full swing.....it IS mostly football posts on here.

Actually...It seems to me that I wade through more football threads started by several different people all basically stating the same thing than I do an onslaught of NF posts......those post tend to drop down the page fairly fast during the season.

IMO...people are getting worked up over nothing.....we are already hearing complaints (from BOTH sides) and the damn season hasn't even started yet!!!

:rolleyes:

pirate4state
08-30-2006, 11:53 AM
I agree with that....and it has been my experience that when football is in full swing.....it IS mostly football posts on here.

Actually...It seems to me that I wade through more football threads started by several different people all basically stating the same thing than I do an onslaught of NF posts......those post tend to drop down the page fairly fast during the season.

IMO...people are getting worked up over nothing.....we are already hearing complaints (from BOTH sides) and the damn season hasn't even started yet!!!

bunch of crybabies!! :weeping: Suck it up people!!! :mad: Tis true about the 5 billion threads about ONE game :rolleyes: Oh well....grin & bear it! :D

Adidas410s
08-30-2006, 12:54 PM
IMO...people are getting worked up over nothing....

true...true...

EricDraven
08-30-2006, 12:56 PM
This site discusses football?:doh:

CHS_CG
08-30-2006, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by EricDraven
This site discusses football?:doh:

its jack @$$e$ like you that have to post crap like that and start the non-football post crap. If you dont like it being not about football.. dont read it and dont post on it. stick to what you know are football post and get the crap over it bc like it or not buddy imma post non-football stuff as long as im on here and YOU MR ERICDRAVEN cant stop me.

DaHop72
08-30-2006, 01:25 PM
its jack @$$e$ like you that have to post crap like that and start the non-football post crap. If you dont like it being not about football.. dont read it and dont post on it. stick to what you know are football post and get the crap over it bc like it or not buddy imma post non-football stuff as long as im on here and YOU MR ERICDRAVEN cant stop me. Don't candy coat it Brat, tell him how you really feel.:D :D

Ranger Mom
08-30-2006, 01:26 PM
its jack @$$e$ like you that have to post crap like that and start the non-football post crap. If you dont like it being not about football.. dont read it and dont post on it. stick to what you know are football post and get the crap over it bc like it or not buddy imma post non-football stuff as long as im on here and YOU MR ERICDRAVEN cant stop me.

Actually.....this DID start out a football post....I kinda changed that!!!

I'm so sorry...I need to be punished!:D

Ranger Mom
08-30-2006, 01:27 PM
Actually.....this DID start out a football post....I kinda changed that!!!

I'm so sorry...I need to be punished!:D

Oops...wrong thread!!

I thought this was in the Caldwell poster threads!!

Okay....so I am stupid today...LEAVE ME ALONE!!!!!!!

pirate4state
08-30-2006, 01:33 PM
Oops...wrong thread!!

I thought this was in the Caldwell poster threads!!

Okay....so I am stupid today...LEAVE ME ALONE!!!!!!!

:doh: :doh: too funny!!! what were we talking about?? :D :D

Ranger Mom
08-30-2006, 01:34 PM
:doh: :doh: too funny!!! what were we talking about?? :D :D

Heck.....I don't even remember now!!:rolleyes:

CHS_CG
08-30-2006, 01:39 PM
I was venting about my boss but now i wanna vent about people who have to go and ruin it for everyone like EricDraven :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Ranger Mom
08-30-2006, 01:43 PM
I was venting about my boss but now i wanna vent about people who have to go and ruin it for everyone like EricDraven :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Calm down now....he only asked if this site discussed football.

Which if you look at it, is a pretty silly question to ask considering at least 4 stickies are about particular games....I laughed and rolled my eyes when I read it.

Don't let him get to ya like that....it's not worth it!! :kiss: :kiss:

pirate4state
08-30-2006, 01:44 PM
I was venting about my boss but now i wanna vent about people who have to go and ruin it for everyone like EricDraven :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Only YOU can make EricDraven ruin it for you. ;) :kiss:

Ranger Mom
08-30-2006, 01:45 PM
Only YOU can make EricDraven ruin it for you. ;) :kiss:

Are we on the same wavelength today or WHAT???

:D

pirate4state
08-30-2006, 01:46 PM
Are we on the same wavelength today or WHAT???

:D

Seems like it, but I should be mad at you for ignoring me on YIM! :hand: :p

CHS_CG
08-30-2006, 01:50 PM

hijacker!

Ranger Mom
08-30-2006, 01:50 PM

I did?? I never saw you!!

I downloaded Trillian and am trying to figure that out....that may be what the problem is!!

EricDraven
08-30-2006, 01:51 PM

#1 It was a JOKE.
#2 Sorry everyone takes everything so seriously.
#3 Thought this was a forum. Did not mean to "ruin it". God bless.

pirate4state
08-30-2006, 01:51 PM
hijacker! I've been called worse! :cool:

CHS_CG
08-30-2006, 01:52 PM
#1 It was a JOKE.

im sorry i flew off the handle... but after all this crap it just makes me mad.. by no means do i want you to leave the forum, i am sorry.

EricDraven
08-30-2006, 01:53 PM
#1 It was a JOKE.

Just reposting for my new friend.

CHS_CG
08-30-2006, 01:53 PM
I've been called worse! :cool:

by me probably :-D arent you just LOOPY

EricDraven
08-30-2006, 01:54 PM
im sorry i flew off the handle... but after all this crap it just makes me mad.. by no means do i want you to leave the forum, i am sorry.

Thanks. I understand. Once again, my apologies for the misunderstanding.

pirate4state
08-30-2006, 01:55 PM
It is clear that you two DID NOT read my 8000th post!!! Say what you mean & mean what you say!!! No apologizes should be necessary. :) Carry on :nerd:

EricDraven
08-30-2006, 01:59 PM
Oh, I apologize for apologizing.

Ranger Mom
08-30-2006, 01:59 PM
Oh, I apologize for apologizing.

LOL!! I think we need a big ole group hug right about now!!

DaHop72
08-30-2006, 02:02 PM
http://img126.imageshack.us/img126/4089/grouphuglj2.gif (http://imageshack.us)http://img126.imageshack.us/img126/4089/grouphuglj2.gif (http://imageshack.us)http://img126.imageshack.us/img126/4089/grouphuglj2.gif (http://imageshack.us)http://img126.imageshack.us/img126/4089/grouphuglj2.gif (http://imageshack.us)

CHS_CG
08-30-2006, 02:37 PM
http://img126.imageshack.us/img126/4089/grouphuglj2.gif (http://imageshack.us)http://img126.imageshack.us/img126/4089/grouphuglj2.gif (http://imageshack.us)http://img126.imageshack.us/img126/4089/grouphuglj2.gif (http://imageshack.us)http://img126.imageshack.us/img126/4089/grouphuglj2.gif (http://imageshack.us)

YOU JUST HAVE TO FIND A SMILEY FOR EVERYTHING HUH

DaHop72
08-30-2006, 02:49 PM
YOU JUST HAVE TO FIND A SMILEY FOR EVERYTHING HUH Hey, she asked. I just aim to please.:D I was trained by p4s and we all know she's the best.:thumbsup:

pirate4state
08-30-2006, 02:51 PM
Hey, she asked. I just aim to please.:D I was trained by p4s and we all know she's the best.:thumbsup: :eek: :eek: :eek: Okay - that just reads messed up!!! :evillol: :evillol: :evillol: but Thanks! :thumbsup:

Ranger Mom
08-30-2006, 02:55 PM
YOU JUST HAVE TO FIND A SMILEY FOR EVERYTHING HUH

As cute as hops little smilies are.....this one is still my favorite group hug!!

http://kit.netpoets.net/grouphug.gif

hereandnow
08-30-2006, 02:57 PM
I'm just waiting to hear people dicuss recipes next. Good grief.

Ranger Mom
08-30-2006, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by hereandnow
I'm just waiting to hear people dicuss recipes next. Good grief.

There are several threads on that.....would you like me to bring them up??

We also have had talk of a 3Adownlow cookbook....feel free to add your own favorite recipe!!

:kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

pirate4state
08-30-2006, 03:04 PM
I'm just waiting to hear people dicuss recipes next. Good grief. :thinking: Now that you mention it...I do have a great recipe for a can of whoop ***!!! :D :D :D

Ranger Mom
08-30-2006, 03:05 PM
:thinking: Now that you mention it...I do have a great recipe for a can of whoop ***!!! :D :D :D

I'd like to see how the ingredients in that come together!!!:p

pirate4state
08-30-2006, 03:08 PM
I'd like to see how the ingredients in that come together!!!:p It packs quite a PUNCH!! :D

Ranger Mom
08-30-2006, 03:09 PM
It packs quite a PUNCH!! :D

Oh....I didn't realize it was a drink recipe.

I always love the punch with ice cream in it....or is that sherbert??

:D :D :D

CHS_CG
08-30-2006, 03:17 PM
HIJACKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad: :foul: :foul: :flaming:

hereandnow
08-30-2006, 03:55 PM
There are several threads on that.....would you like me to bring them up??

We also have had talk of a 3Adownlow cookbook....feel free to add your own favorite recipe!!

OK... here goes....

One tablespoon of Crazy Glue for your lips
One cup of testosterone for your female temperament
One smidgen of "shut the **** up.

:evillol:

No "F' words in any way, not even disguised..

DaHop72
08-30-2006, 03:59 PM
OK... here goes....

:evillol: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: RM, I think his sig is about him.:evillol: :evillol:

pirate4state
08-30-2006, 04:00 PM
OK... here goes....

:thinking: :thinking: hmmmmmmmm..............interesting recipe

CHS_CG
08-30-2006, 04:08 PM
:thinking: :thinking: hmmmmmmmm..............interesting recipe

yup sounds just like my favorite recipe this time of year...

ROM!

Ranger Mom
08-30-2006, 04:10 PM
OK... here goes....

Well....Im allergic to crazy glue.

I have 4 sons and a husband....don't need any testosterone...

The "smidgen" will be taken up elsewhere!!

Either way......your recipe sounds like crap....so after not very much thought....it will not be considered for our cookbook.

Thanks for the submission though!!

SintonFan
08-30-2006, 04:11 PM
OK... here goes....

With that kind of recipe aimed at RM I wouldn't be suprised to see your name changed to "goneandrommed"... :p

Ranger Mom
08-30-2006, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
With that kind of recipe aimed at RM I wouldn't be suprised to see your name changed to "goneandrommed"... :p

Gotta give the one warning first!!:evillol: :evillol: :evillol:

SintonFan
08-30-2006, 04:17 PM
Gotta give the one warning first!!:evillol: :evillol: :evillol:
lol
I was just givin the guy a hard time.:D

Ranger Mom
08-30-2006, 04:18 PM
lol
I was just givin the guy a hard time.:D

HeHe.....so did I!!:p :p

DaHop72
08-30-2006, 04:19 PM
With that kind of recipe aimed at RM I wouldn't be suprised to see your name changed to "goneandrommed"... :p Or maybe seeyoulater.

SintonFan
08-30-2006, 04:20 PM
Or maybe seeyoulater.
:doh: :doh:
dats better than mine...:clap:

hereandnow
08-30-2006, 06:13 PM
mutual admiration society

sinton66
08-30-2006, 06:25 PM
Dammmmmmitttttt! Stop making me do all this editing people!
JUST REPORT THE POST< DON'T QUOTE IT!!!

Bullaholic
08-30-2006, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
Dammmmmmitttttt! Stop making me do all this editing people!
JUST REPORT THE POST< DON'T QUOTE IT!!!

Are you trying to say that 1 instance of profanity is enough to keep you busy without replicating it several times 66'? :D

sinton66
08-30-2006, 06:42 PM
Yes, I am. Why is it necessary to quote a bad post? Simply report the post, folks. Then I only have to edit one and issue a warning. If you quote bad language, are you not just as guilty of putting bad language on the board as the person who wrote it? Do I need to issue additional warnings too? I don't understand it at all.:confused:

pirate4state
08-30-2006, 07:06 PM
Yes, I am. Why is it necessary to quote a bad post? Simply report the post, folks. Then I only have to edit one and issue a warning. If you quote bad language, are you not just as guilty of putting bad language on the board as the person who wrote it? Do I need to issue additional warnings too? I don't understand it at all.:confused:

We were all in SHOCK!! Yeah, that's it SHOCK!! :D :D

Ranger Mom
08-30-2006, 07:14 PM

I am ashamed!! I took the appropriate actions as far as what I was supposed to do....but I also quoted and responded before doing so!!

I'm sorry...I got caught up in the moment.....am I forgiven???:inlove: :inlove:

sinton66
08-30-2006, 08:50 PM
Uhm, yeah, I guess so.:D

SintonFan
08-30-2006, 10:51 PM
I am ashamed!! I took the appropriate actions as far as what I was supposed to do....but I also quoted and responded before doing so!!

I'm sorry...I got caught up in the moment.....am I forgiven???:inlove: :inlove:
Bring him some homemade wine...:thumbsup: :D