PDA

View Full Version : Burnet beats Gatesville.............42-20!

bulldawg89
09-07-2002, 01:32 PM
Well, well, well, once again Burnet keeps the state on the edge of their seat as they beat 3A ranked Gatesville Hornets; the 2001 state champions. WR Zach Glacier catches the first TD within the first min. of the game.......Gatesville scores on the next series..........then Burnet scores....again........again......again........... and guess what? AGAIN!!! These Dawgs mean business every Friday night. The path they are taking this year is apparantly the right one! The Dawgs have all the players needed (not to mention the coaching staff)Sinton, Jasper, Bellville, you better be ready, the Dawgs have wiped out 2 big meals, and are looking for the buffet.....STATE CHAMPIONSHIP!!! GO BULLDAWGS!!!!!!!!

c-town_balla
09-07-2002, 02:21 PM
Just a few corrections there...I was never on the eage of my seat I didn't have dout that Burnet could beat the 2000 state champions....

sinfan75
09-07-2002, 06:49 PM
Sounds like Burnet Is goin on all cylinders.Good luck in your future games.

Swarm 51
09-07-2002, 11:59 PM
Bulldawg 89, the Hornets won the Div. l, Class 3A state championship in 2000----not
2001. Yes, your Burnet Dawgs deserved the win. They looked very good and I hope they go far in the season. But, the Dawgs need to do as the Hornets did in 2000, focus only on the next game and don't start talking "state championship" until you get into the finals. Best of luck.

grell7
09-08-2002, 01:15 AM
Bulldawg89, congratulations on your second win, great accomplishment. But have you ever heard of blowing your own horn?

Everyone on here knows that Burnet won, and will be looking out for them in the future, but the state is hardly on the "edge of their seat" as you put it.

I understand that a lot of people (mainly those from Burnet) believe that this is Burnet's year to go far into the playoffs, but the second win of the season is not the time to be boasting of your accomplishments.

The State Championship is still a long ways away, and you should probably not be warning teams in Region 3 about being ready when you will not meet either of these teams for at least another 3 months.

But, do as you please, and just hope that things don't go wrong for Burnet in the way of injuries or something on or off the field.

Good luck on your way to the buffet or whatever you want to call it.

sinton66
09-08-2002, 05:13 PM
SSSSSSSHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! Let 'em count EVERYBODY out!

bigdawg06
09-08-2002, 05:57 PM
Just to let you know i am from Burnet and yes the whole town is very excited about going far this year, but just to tell you no one has made any plans on where we are going. "I" do plan to make it very far and our football team knows how to take it one game at a time(and they will, without people telling them how)

Originally posted by grell7:
Bulldawg89, congratulations on your second win, great accomplishment. But have you ever heard of blowing your own horn?

Everyone on here knows that Burnet won, and will be looking out for them in the future, but the state is hardly on the "edge of their seat" as you put it.

I understand that a lot of people (mainly those from Burnet) believe that this is Burnet's year to go far into the playoffs, but the second win of the season is not the time to be boasting of your accomplishments.

The State Championship is still a long ways away, and you should probably not be warning teams in Region 3 about being ready when you will not meet either of these teams for at least another 3 months.

But, do as you please, and just hope that things don't go wrong for Burnet in the way of injuries or something on or off the field.

Good luck on your way to the buffet or whatever you want to call it.

WpSr03
09-08-2002, 11:43 PM
Is it just me, or does Burnet remind anyone of Everman last year? Gotta love those hyped teams that don't quite cut it in the end. Congrats on your 2nd win though...

Chris Hart
09-08-2002, 11:53 PM
I hope we cut it like Everman did last year.A state championship would be unbelievable.

WpSr03
09-09-2002, 12:03 AM
You miss my point... Ya'll are getting to be extremely hyped, and that can be good or bad. I read many good things about ya'll, and it seems ya'll are the team to gun for this year, if ya'll keep it up. And I hope ya'll do, it would be great to meet ya'll in the playoffs. Good luck with the rest of the season!

NOZGRINDER
09-09-2002, 09:18 AM
EASY NOW 89. YOU ARE TAKING A LITTLE OF THE CLASS OUT OF A VERY GOOD COMMUNITY. BURNET HAS A VERY GOOD TEAM AND THEY ARE VERY GOOD, BUT "ON THE EDGE OF THE SEATS" COME-ON. IT IS JUST THE SECOND WEEK FOR PETE'S SAKE. SHUT UP AND LET'EM PLAY, ONE GAME AT A TIME!

YOU NEED TO SHOW SOME CLASS! THIS IS A DISCUSSION BOARD NOT A TRASH TALK BOARD!

beefy
09-09-2002, 01:29 PM
hey!! here's an idea. how about we all just sit back and watch the rest of the season unfold. burnet is very good and should play for a long time. however, shoulda, coulda, wouldas are a dime a dozen.

greendog fan
09-09-2002, 05:08 PM
hey beefy and nozgrinder, I agree with you 100%. I,m a die hard Burnet backer. I think we have a good chance to go all the way this year but like you said we have only played 2 games. a lot can happen between now and Dec. Next fridays game i pick Burnet over Shoemaker by 17. Whats your opion?

greendog fan
09-09-2002, 05:08 PM
hey beefy and nozgrinder, I agree with you 100%. I,m a die hard Burnet backer. I think we have a good chance to go all the way this year but like you said we have only played 2 games. a lot can happen between now and Dec. Next fridays game i pick Burnet over Shoemaker by 17. Whats your opion?