PDA

View Full Version : High School football.... How does it make you feel!

PHS Wildcats
08-29-2006, 03:42 PM
High school football..how does it make you feel?

What does high school football mean to you and how did it affect your life?

To me the competion was exciting and although I was a Wildcat during lean years (1991-1994) there was a since of pride I stilll feel when at a game and the 'Cats run onto the field with fight song playing. Since the 'Cats are a winning program now , my head is a little higher and more proud but representing the town and school was jast as important tom then at it would be now.

Now tell me your feelings, you may not have been a player, maybe band or a spectator or faculty member or jus plain old townfolk. How do YOU feel on Friday nights when you are there when the fight song or school song is played ?

NateDawg39
08-29-2006, 03:43 PM
It makes me wish the off season would hurry back again!!!:)

PHS Wildcats
08-29-2006, 03:49 PM
I know some people will disagree with me, but I love High school football the best. Do get me wrong I love football season and I love all 3 brands of football, but this is how I rank in my opinion.

1. High school - Playing for the love of the game. A town and a community shut down for friday night.

2. College - Still playing for the love of the game, but also trying to get to the next level, Rivalries, tradition, 80,000 people in the stands.

3. NFL - I love the NFL, but it seems like a business, not that much loyalties from the players, the'll play where the most money is.

shankbear
08-29-2006, 03:57 PM
It all stinks compared to high school football.

Ranger Mom
08-29-2006, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by PHS Wildcats

1. High school - Playing for the love of the game. A town and a community shut down for friday night.

2. College - Still playing for the love of the game, but also trying to get to the next level, Rivalries, tradition, 80,000 people in the stands.

3. NFL - I love the NFL, but it seems like a business, not that much loyalties from the players, the'll play where the most money is.

I agree with the above 100%!!

pirate4state
08-29-2006, 04:00 PM
In the words of Major Payne (or was it Pain?) "it makes me feel all funny" :)

MHSvarsity2007
08-29-2006, 04:05 PM
i always like passing the other teams busses when they come to merkel, its like a rush of adrenaline for me haha...and like that person said up there, you drive through town and NOBODY is there. i love it haha.

Old Green
08-29-2006, 05:42 PM
I liike the competion between the schools and towns. The dining out at the restaurants in different city in the towns you go to. There are people there with their school colors on and their is always friendly banter back and forth between the patrons as everyone is getting pumped to watch their young Gladiators war on the field.

And it's also a sign that cooler weather is just around the corner.:thumbsup:

Txbroadcaster
08-29-2006, 06:46 PM
It makes me have to tinkle

crabman
08-29-2006, 07:34 PM
How many of you go out of town to the game and wear your shirt and your hat and just beg people to ask you about the game so you can talk some football with the locals??

Old Green
08-29-2006, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by crabman
How many of you go out of town to the game and wear your shirt and your hat and just beg people to ask you about the game so you can talk some football with the locals?? I do ! I do!..........:D

LH Panther Mom
08-29-2006, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by Old Green
I do ! I do!..........:D
Me too!!!!! :D :D :D

This week football has been making me a nervous wreck.

Stangster
08-29-2006, 10:43 PM
It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Go Stangs!!

VWG
08-29-2006, 10:49 PM
I think "small town" high school football is the best.
Whenever you see Plano vs. Plano West or Arlington vs. Arlington Lamar it's just not the same as Sweetwater vs. Snyder, or Stephenville vs. Brownwood. A small city such as Arlington with a population of 300 to 350 thousand people will get about 10,000 people out to a football game. You look at Sweetwater vs. Snyder and you will get a crowd that is about 50% to 60% of the two towns populations combined. That's what makes "small town" high school football special.

PHS Wildcats
08-29-2006, 10:53 PM
Don't forget about those cross town rivalries. Palestine/Palestine Westwood.

TheDOCTORdre
08-29-2006, 11:07 PM
How does it make me feel you ask,
well its like that feeling you get when you're in love you get all nervous and the butterflies are in your stomach and you think you are goin to vomit because you are so happy, yet so confused but you love every minute of the confusion. And it gives you that funny little smile/smirk that you can just feel spreading across your face and you think man i hate it when this smile comes across my face because its so evident what I'm thinkin about but then you think to yourself who cares if people know how I feel, this feeling is worth sharing with everyone. and deep down you know that the joy you have is the best feeling in the world and you pray to God that that feeling is never taken away from you because although you are always in a state of high adrenaline and excitement there is also that sense of peace thats deep down inside of you because she completes you

thats how it makes me feel

injuredinmelee
08-29-2006, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by crabman
How many of you go out of town to the game and wear your shirt and your hat and just beg people to ask you about the game so you can talk some football with the locals??

I do this. I love knowing that I can stop in allsups in small town west texas and instantly have something to talk about and in common with everyone else there.

Texas-Fight
08-30-2006, 12:08 AM
Angry:mad:

KingRob
08-30-2006, 04:52 AM
Something about the energy at the games. People yelling, the players giving it their all. The bands, cheerleaders, and drill teams. And of course the peanuts and chili pies (do they still serve those?). I miss it big time!

Living in Germany, the only 2 things I really miss are High school football, and Whataburger!:D