9. Kansas
10. Missouri
11. Oklahoma State
12. Kansas State

Big 12 Key Games for Week 1

Baylor vs. TCU

Adidas410s
08-29-2006, 03:04 PM
You really think OK State will still be that far down?

KTJ
08-29-2006, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
You really think OK State will still be that far down?

This is as of right now. Not how I think they will finish.

As of right now, and how they finished the year last year, Oklahoma State sucks(ed).

AggieJohn
08-29-2006, 03:27 PM
ehh, i think that you give OU too much credit and give iowa st. too much cred.....

KTJ
08-29-2006, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
ehh, i think that you give OU too much credit and give iowa st. too much cred.....

How so?

You think OU is going to suck this year?

TMer25
08-29-2006, 03:47 PM
Iowa St. is bringing back alot of offensive firepower.

RMAC
08-29-2006, 04:50 PM
Well he can't put ATM 4th, what's he gonna do if he has to move Iowa and Chokelahoma?

Adidas410s
08-29-2006, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by RMAC
Well he can't put ATM 4th, what's he gonna do if he has to move Iowa and Chokelahoma?
AH HA...college has taught you a few things already! :thumbsup:

sahen
08-29-2006, 06:34 PM
yeah! we r almost out of the bottom half!....game against TCU is gonna be huge, there is a TON of buzz about it here on the campus and for the first time since i have been here the concensus isnt that "baylor sucks"...hopefully its gonna be a fun year here at baylor....and for those of yall who want some football to watch sunday (and i know that is most) Baylor will be playing TCU on Sunday at 4:30 pm on Foxsports, even if u rnt in the Southwest Fox region you should be able to pick it up as it is gonna be broadcast nationwide....sic'em bears!

Bulldog_12
08-29-2006, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by sahen
yeah! we r almost out of the bottom half!....game against TCU is gonna be huge, there is a TON of buzz about it here on the campus and for the first time since i have been here the concensus isnt that "baylor sucks"...hopefully its gonna be a fun year here at baylor....and for those of yall who want some football to watch sunday (and i know that is most) Baylor will be playing TCU on Sunday at 4:30 pm on Foxsports, even if u rnt in the Southwest Fox region you should be able to pick it up as it is gonna be broadcast nationwide....sic'em bears!

Isnt that kinda against the whole baptist thing of working on Sundays???:thinking:

:D

Txbroadcaster
08-29-2006, 07:19 PM
Look HUGE Horns fan here, but if anyone thinks OU is going to roll over and die they are crazy..Last year with a new QB, a beat up RB, and a defense that is NO WHERE near as good as what they will have this year they still finished 8-4

There are in the EXACT same boat as Texas..great RB, Great defense, very good WR, and a question mark at QB.

Emerson1
08-29-2006, 07:21 PM
OU has big questions at offensive line aswell, they already were making bomar run for his life and now they lost a starter in that Quinn kid.

sahen
08-29-2006, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by Bulldog_12
Isnt that kinda against the whole baptist thing of working on Sundays???:thinking:

:D I am pretty sure the Jewish people r big about not working on the Sabbath...they kinda had some contradictions with Jesus about that one and performing miracles on the Sabbath...Baptist think u can work on Sunday just dont miss church, game is at 4:30 so we can go to church, eat lunch, and then go to the game :)

Txbroadcaster
08-29-2006, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
OU has big questions at offensive line aswell, they already were making bomar run for his life and now they lost a starter in that Quinn kid.

Your right, but so does Texas..not as bad as OU, but Texas is not as set as everyone thinks...Plus a healthy AD can make an O-Line look good

Bulldog_12
08-29-2006, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by sahen
I am pretty sure the Jewish people r big about not working on the Sabbath...they kinda had some contradictions with Jesus about that one and performing miracles on the Sabbath...Baptist think u can work on Sunday just dont miss church, game is at 4:30 so we can go to church, eat lunch, and then go to the game :)

Ahhh, I see. We had the Big 12 Conference Fundraiser here at A&M a few weeks ago, and I had to drive one of the shuttles. I had the Baylor Alums for a while and they told me how hard it was to get the university to allow them to schedule the game for a Sunday.

KTJ
08-29-2006, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
Texas is not as set as everyone thinks...

Actually, yes we are.

AggieJohn
08-29-2006, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
Actually, yes we are. nice rebuttal

Txbroadcaster
08-29-2006, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
Actually, yes we are.

Right Tackle
Justin Blalock OR Adam Ulatoski
J'Marcus Webb

Right Guard
Cedric Dockery OR Justin Blalock
Chris Hall

Center
Lyle Sendlein
Dallas Griffin
Buck Burnette

Left Guard
Kasey Studdard
Chris Hall
Charlie Tanner

Left Tackle
Tony Hills
Adam Ulatoski
Brett Valdez

First when you have positions marked on depth chart as player a OR player B, then that is not set.

Center is solid Studdard and Blalock are set, though Blalock could end up getting bounced around.

Left Tackle has Hills who COULd be great, but not sure yet, and the right side is in NO WAY set. Only constant on that side is Blalock, but he cant play both positions at once.

Talent is there, but Texas is not set on the line.

bullfrog_alumni_02
08-29-2006, 10:04 PM
Right Tackle
J'Marcus Webb

Right Guard
Chris Hall

Center
Lyle Sendlein
Dallas Griffin
Buck Burnette

Left Guard
Kasey Studdard
Chris Hall
Charlie Tanner

Left Tackle
Tony Hills
Adam Ulatoski
Brett Valdez

First when you have positions marked on depth chart as player a OR player B, then that is not set.

Center is solid Studdard and Blalock are set, though Blalock could end up getting bounced around.

Left Tackle has Hills who COULd be great, but not sure yet, and the right side is in NO WAY set. Only constant on that side is Blalock, but he cant play both positions at once.

we shall see oh ye of little faith...

TheDOCTORdre
08-29-2006, 10:36 PM
Right Tackle
J'Marcus Webb

Right Guard
Chris Hall

Center
Lyle Sendlein
Dallas Griffin
Buck Burnette

Left Guard
Kasey Studdard
Chris Hall
Charlie Tanner

Left Tackle
Tony Hills
Adam Ulatoski
Brett Valdez

and nonetheless most college football analysts are saying that Texas has the best offensive line in the Big XII

Txbroadcaster
08-29-2006, 10:56 PM
ok first off I NEVER said I had no faith in the Horns line...I also never said I did not think they were good, they have the talent, but some of the key players are UNPROVEN

The whole intent of what I first said was the fact OU is not just going to roll over cause of losing Bomar, they still have a great RB, a GREAT defense, the SAME thing Texas has.

I noted OU had O-line problems, I also stated Texas was not as concrete in their line as some think, but I also said OU's line problems were worse than Texas.

Texas-Fight
08-30-2006, 12:03 AM
Right Tackle
J'Marcus Webb

Right Guard
Chris Hall

Center
Lyle Sendlein
Dallas Griffin
Buck Burnette

Left Guard
Kasey Studdard
Chris Hall
Charlie Tanner

Left Tackle
Tony Hills
Adam Ulatoski
Brett Valdez

Talent is there, but Texas is not set on the line. Come one I thought you did more research. Texas rotate's linemen so it doesn't matter who starts. All of those listed will get PT usually. Those are not question marks it is just who could be in there.

raider red 2000
08-30-2006, 08:13 AM
of course this turned into another UT thread.

but what does Kansas have coming back?

i think that they might scare a few people too. i would think that they might be as good as the aggies and baylor....granted they are a northern team....and might not be as good as nebraska, colorado, or iowa st.....i just think that they could be a team that upsets some people.

Txbroadcaster
08-30-2006, 08:16 AM
Originally posted by Texas-Fight
Come one I thought you did more research. Texas rotate's linemen so it doesn't matter who starts. All of those listed will get PT usually. Those are not question marks it is just who could be in there.

So replacing Will Allen at Guard is not a question mark? Having a Sophmore and a FRESHMAN expected to step in is not a question mark?

This is the best quote I have seen about the Texas Right Side of the line.

With Young no longer around to turn bad blocking into 60-yard touchdown runs, the right side of the Texas line is a question mark against elite teams

KTJ
08-30-2006, 09:02 AM
nice rebuttal

Thanks. (I don't think I have to "prove my post" against another Longhorn fan. If it was someone else, then yes. And BTW, when does this pick 'em contest start and how does it work?)

of course this turned into another UT thread.

Well, no one from Texas Tech has chimed in to say anything. You're the first Red Raider but you didn't bother to tell us anything about Tech.

but what does Kansas have coming back?

They weren't totally bad last year. They won their bowl game and beat both Nebraska and Iowa State. I think their offensive power is what will be questionable. Don't be surprised if they beat A&M. Their schedule sets up nicely for an 8-4 or a possible 9-3 season.

raider red 2000
08-30-2006, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by KTJ

Well, no one from Texas Tech has chimed in to say anything. You're the first Red Raider but you didn't bother to tell us anything about Tech.

i think that TECH has a chance to be pretty good.

But with a young QB who knows....it will help that Tech has one of teh best recieving Corps in the nation. i think that USC might be the only better one....i know that i will get bashed for that....UT's is pretty darn good.

i think that the O will move the ball again, and will only be slowed down by UT. i doubt that TECH will be able to slow down texas...but with out VY who knows.

TECH also has a big ? at the RB position....they have athletes that can help...but T Henderson will be tough to follow.

Finally i cant wait until TECH travels to college station and wins another one from the AGS.

AggieJohn
08-30-2006, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by raider red 2000
i think that TECH has a chance to be pretty good.

But with a young QB who knows....it will help that Tech has one of teh best recieving Corps in the nation. i think that USC might be the only better one....i know that i will get bashed for that....UT's is pretty darn good.

i think that the O will move the ball again, and will only be slowed down by UT. i doubt that TECH will be able to slow down texas...but with out VY who knows.

TECH also has a big ? at the RB position....they have athletes that can help...but T Henderson will be tough to follow.

Finally i cant wait until TECH travels to college station and wins another one from the AGS.
eh.........i think tech struggles against a&m but beats texas

Txbroadcaster
08-30-2006, 10:09 AM
ok I will bite..why will Tech struggle agianst A&M, but beat Texas?

AggieJohn
08-30-2006, 10:11 AM
ok I will bite..why will Tech struggle agianst A&M, but beat Texas? huff

KTJ
08-30-2006, 10:18 AM
eh.........i think tech struggles against a&m but beats texas

I think the opposite will happen.

You're saying that A&M has something that can make Tech struggle yet Texas doesn't?

raider red 2000
08-30-2006, 10:20 AM
huff

AJ- i like you man...probably becasue i was an islander for a while....but your ags will have a tough time this year.

maybe after Fran gets fired a real coach can come help out.

Bulldog_12
08-30-2006, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by KTJ

They weren't totally bad last year. They won their bowl game and beat both Nebraska and Iowa State. I think their offensive power is what will be questionable. Don't be surprised if they beat A&M. Their schedule sets up nicely for an 8-4 or a possible 9-3 season.

I dont think it is their offense is the question at all. Sure they have a freshmen qb, but look at texas being touted for another NC even though they have a fish qb. The thing that should be concerning for KU fans, seeing as there are so many on here, is their defense. They had a TON of seniors last year. I think I saw somewhere where they lost 9 starters on D.

AggieJohn
08-30-2006, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by raider red 2000
AJ- i like you man...probably becasue i was an islander for a while....but your ags will have a tough time this year.

maybe after Fran gets fired a real coach can come help out. i love my ags this year, 8-4 at least

Texas-Fight
08-30-2006, 03:12 PM
So replacing Will Allen at Guard is not a question mark? Having a Sophmore and a FRESHMAN expected to step in is not a question mark?

This is the best quote I have seen about the Texas Right Side of the line.

With Young no longer around to turn bad blocking into 60-yard touchdown runs, the right side of the Texas line is a question mark against elite teams It is a loss no doubt but Dockery got plenty of reps in the games. Bad Blocking? Texas had one of the best offensive lines last year.

Bulldog_12
08-31-2006, 10:21 PM
ehh, i think that you give iowa st. too much cred.....

Looks like AJ is right. ISU and Toledo going to 2OT in Ames.

Bulldog_12
08-31-2006, 10:47 PM
ISU got LUCKY tonight in 3OT. 45-43. Toledo Receiver dropped the pass in the endzone on the 2pt. conversion.