PDA

View Full Version : Not 3A But Football

District303aPastPlayer
08-29-2006, 12:16 PM
Gregory Portland HS lost 2 players, their FB who was a captain and another player for the year to torn ACLs friday. They were scrimmaging against Robstown, who has a new coach from Pflugerville Connally... By all accounts i've heard from the GP people... it wasnt a very clean game. Bites that these two kids had to lose out on their senior year.

The FB has battled injury his fresh and soph year, had a good year last year, and was poised for another great one. :(

Blastoderm55
08-29-2006, 12:19 PM
Yeah, the guys at the 4a board weren't too happy about that scrimmage. It really is a shame. I've heard Robstown has a history of dirty play, though I've never seen it in their games against Beeville, but why would they pull some junk like that in a scrimmage? Old district foes, I know, but stuff like this has no place on the field.

District303aPastPlayer
08-29-2006, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by Blastoderm55
Yeah, the guys at the 4a board weren't too happy about that scrimmage. It really is a shame. I've heard Robstown has a history of dirty play, though I've never seen it in their games against Beeville, but why would they pull some junk like that in a scrimmage? Old district foes, I know, but stuff like this has no place on the field.

some of the GP fans said it was a regular occurence with the PC team, and it translated over to RHS with the coahc

44INAROW
08-29-2006, 12:30 PM
HHmm - I am sure Robstown's players meant no harm to the players just as GP players meant no harm to the 2 Cuero players lost for a season in 2004.......

District303aPastPlayer
08-29-2006, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
HHmm - I am sure Robstown's players meant no harm to the players just as GP players meant no harm to the 2 Cuero players lost for a seaon in 2004.......

i mentioned that SAME incident to people in GP and they got really defensive REALLY quickly... i was like "i thought it was an accident"

pirate44
08-29-2006, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
HHmm - I am sure Robstown's players meant no harm to the players just as GP players meant no harm to the 2 Cuero players lost for a season in 2004.......
so what your saying is Cuero ordered the hit on the gp players?

44INAROW
08-29-2006, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by pirate44
so what your saying is Cuero ordered the hit on the gp players?

oops... where'd that come from? :eek:

3afan
08-29-2006, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
some of the GP fans said it was a regular occurence with the PC team, and it translated over to RHS with the coahc

thats a bunch of crap ..... disgruntled fans is all that is

District303aPastPlayer
08-29-2006, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
thats a bunch of crap ..... disgruntled fans is all that is

i got a good laugh about their connection, but its still sad about the kids