PDA

View Full Version : Kerry Collins to the Titans

crzyjournalist03
08-28-2006, 03:54 PM
Free Agent QB Kerry Collins has signed with the Tennessee Titans. Does this mean anything in regards to Vince Young??? Collins was the starter for Oakland last year, and the Titans already have Billy Volek as their starter...interesting move to me.

3afan
08-28-2006, 03:55 PM
interesting .... maybe they want that veteran backup until VY is deemed ready

crzyjournalist03
08-28-2006, 04:05 PM
wow...ESPN.com is reporting that Collins will compete with Volek for the starting job despite having only two weeks until opening day.

DaHop72
08-28-2006, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
wow...ESPN.com is reporting that Collins will compete with Volek for the starting job despite having only two weeks until opening day. Wow, that has to make you feel good if your name is Volek.:eek:

crzyjournalist03
08-28-2006, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
Wow, that has to make you feel good if your name is Volek.:eek:

Actually, I found out a couple of weeks ago that I'm somewhat related to Billy Volek...he's my uncle's cousin, but the uncle isn't blood, so I don't know what that makes him to me. Third cousin or something.

GreenMonster
08-28-2006, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
wow...ESPN.com is reporting that Collins will compete with Volek for the starting job despite having only two weeks until opening day. I don't think the Titans are sold that Billy Volek can lead the team. Personally, I think they should just throw Vince into the mix and let him learn on the fly. His natural talents will give them a better chance to win than Billy Volek.

bobcat1
08-28-2006, 06:05 PM
Maybe Vince is gonna be a receiver now?????? LOL

Emerson1
08-28-2006, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by bobcat1
Maybe Vince is gonna be a receiver now?????? LOL
Was Cody Hodges moved to defense? I haven't seen him score a TD yet in the NFL.

mrescape43
08-28-2006, 06:44 PM
Maybe they have come to their senses and figured out that Vince Young will be terrific in the NFL, just not at QB.

Chris Hart
08-28-2006, 07:15 PM
I'm sure it's just that they have seen enough to know that they're not ready to have to rely on Vince Young to lead the team if Volek were to get hurt. I've watched all his pre-season games and he's got a long ways to go. I'm not sure he will ever be a quality starter in the NFL.

MagicMan
08-28-2006, 07:50 PM
i heard a rumor that the titans got collins to back up young and they are planning on trading volek

Buccaneer
08-29-2006, 07:31 AM
The Titans said Vince is 3 years away from being an NFL QB today.

AggiesAreWe
08-29-2006, 10:14 AM
That's what the report is, they got Collins to battle Volek for the starting job because the Titans feel that Young is still 2-3 years away from being a bonafied NFL starting qb.

Highschoolfan78
08-29-2006, 10:58 AM
thats all a bunch of bull... this trade is retarded. Now Volek wants a trade and is not happy with the situation. They do not need collins. They'd be better off letting Vince take a few segments here and there and then when they are in their losing side of the season let him take over and build experience. Collins is no help once so ever. Volek will be ok as the starter. Fisher is just scared because he's on a contract year. Volek must really feel good that his coach has faith in him to bring in a washed up old quarterback good for nothin.

CenTexSports
08-29-2006, 11:03 AM
Fischer got a vote of confidence this week and they traded for another QB also. Looks like Fischer is concerned that if he doesn't win he will be out. Under those circumstances, I would try to get a proven vet to run my team also. It would be nice to bring in a raw unproven QB like Vince and let him take his lumps but Fischer would be doing that for the next head coach's benefit.

bobcat1
08-29-2006, 09:54 PM
Vince is a very long way from even becoming a starting QB in the league IMO. "Stardum" is the keyword in any vocabulary with Vince's name in it. He was awesome in the college game. So was Ryan Leaf. :p

Mustangpride09
08-29-2006, 09:56 PM
All I can say is go look up Volek's stats as a starter. This guy is more than ready.