PDA

View Full Version : Is my fantasy team any good??

worldbfree
08-28-2006, 12:32 PM
I was upset about drafting 5th in my league of 10 but think I may have come out alright.......what do you guys think?

QB's: Tom Brady, Chris Simms

RB's: Tiki Barber, Warrick Dunn, Chester Taylor

WR's: Larry Fitzgerald, Javon Walker, Michael Clayton, Ernest Wilford

TE's: Todd Heap, Jermaine Wiggins

K's: S. Janikowski, J. Hanson

D's: Indianapolis, Tampa Bay

Bearkat
08-28-2006, 12:53 PM
I like your RB's.

Rabbit'93
08-28-2006, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by worldbfree
I was upset about drafting 5th in my league of 10 but think I may have come out alright.......what do you guys think?

Two schools of thought on drafting (especially a serpentine draft). I hear some say five or six is where you want to be. It depends if you have a ten or twelve team league. That way you don't wait to long between picks. The other is you want to be on the turns meaning two picks back to back.

your draft is solid enough. How many teams in you league? Solid QB, receivers are your weak spot. RB's good, great TE in Heap and decent K and Def.

Adidas410s
08-28-2006, 01:39 PM
Why carry 2 K's? Do you play both of them every week? Same with a defense. I carry 1 of each and then on their off week try and pick up a FA defense that has a good matchup if one is available. Also...my favorite pick on your team is Javon Walker. After watching his 1st few games with Denver, he appears to be a great fit for the West Coast offense and should really thrive because of his ability to gain YAC.

crzyjournalist03
08-28-2006, 02:37 PM
there's no need for two kickers...you'd be much better off finding another backup running back. Other than that, very solid team.

GreenMonster
08-28-2006, 05:01 PM

I don't care about your fantasy team, but your screen name is killer. I haven't heard the name World B. Free in years. He was a basketball player back in the 80's was he not? Point gueard I believe.

DaHop72
08-28-2006, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
I don't care about your fantasy team. Bet you would if they were the Clod Hoppers.:devil: :devil:

worldbfree
08-29-2006, 01:46 PM
In our league (10 team league) we draft the max amount of players that we are allowed to have at each position. In other words, I cannot drop a kicker and pick up a RB.

We start 1 QB, 2 RB's, 3 WR's, 1 TE, 1 K, and 1 D

We carry one extra at each position and are not allowed to have any more than that on the roster.

wedo
08-29-2006, 01:57 PM
Jermaine Wiggins won't put up big numbers for you!!! I like Todd Heap at that position though!!! I would have gone with Vernon Davis!!!!

worldbfree
08-29-2006, 02:00 PM
Vernon Davis was already gone........plus I would rather a west coast offensive team(uses the TE more) and the fact that their #1 receiver just got cut due to an alcoholic relapse makes Wiggins the new #1 in Minnesota

JasperDog94
08-29-2006, 02:16 PM
In our league (10 team league) we draft the max amount of players that we are allowed to have at each position. In other words, I cannot drop a kicker and pick up a RB.

We start 1 QB, 2 RB's, 3 WR's, 1 TE, 1 K, and 1 D

We carry one extra at each position and are not allowed to have any more than that on the roster. That's messed up.

JasperDog94
08-29-2006, 02:21 PM
I have the "It's all about ME" receivers on my team (10 team league)

QB - Dante Culpepper, Jack Plumber

RB - Steven Jackson, Cadillac Williams, Dominic Davis, Chester Taylor

WR - TO, Donald Driver, Deion Branch, Jerry Porter

TE - Tony Gonzales (hope he rebounds this year), Vernon Davis

K - Adam Vinatieri

DEF - Patriots