PDA

View Full Version : Sinton's FANS

sintonfanseguin
08-28-2006, 12:04 PM
HEY Sinton Fans, [FONT=arial]

I've been hearing lately from some folks in the area that SINTON dosent have enough spirit and that we just flat out aren't rowdy enough.

I don't know bout you guys but I come home every Friday night with no voice. I really do think we (SHS FANS) should step it up a notch.

I've gotta give it to schools like CUERO, Calallen, and Port Isabel. Their fans are loud and come out with things like shakers and bells.

I know it's possible to be rowdy and loud, we carry big crowds to every game.

I don't know if anyone agrees with me but I do feel some of SINTONS fans are a little reserved at times.

Let's get loud, rowdy and show some PIRATE spirit and intimidation!!!!!!

SEE YA FRIDAY!!!! GO Pirates!

sintonfanseguin
08-28-2006, 12:11 PM
http://www.vicadhosting.com/slideshow/football/ check out this video, that's what I'm talking about.

Hit me up and let me know what you think.

SintonFan
08-28-2006, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by sintonfanseguin
HEY Sinton Fans, [FONT=arial]

I've been hearing lately from some folks in the area that SINTON dosent have enough spirit and that we just flat out aren't rowdy enough.

SEE YA FRIDAY!!!! GO Pirates!
I don't know who you have been talking to but most folks I know can't talk hardly at all after a game.
I think we show more spirit than most schools, period.
Us fans have been a little spoiled lately. When for several years the Pirates were beating everyone 35-7 and 52-7 and making deep runs in the playoffs, the level of noise just is never going to be as loud as it is earlier in the game. The same is true for any town out there.
A couple of years ago, during a Sinton-Taft game, I sat on the Taft home side(since the visitor side was filled with Sinton fanatics) and the level of noise coming from our folks was incredible. :cool: :clap:
lol
Don't worry, I think we'll be fine. I like your spirit though SFS and it never hurts to ask everyone to pump it up a little.:clap:
also, are you gonna lead the crowd in a
loud "Go big MAROOOOOOON!" chant?;)

3afan
08-28-2006, 12:57 PM
how much spirit is "enough"? that differs from town to town, from school to school, from year to year I would think

and what IS "spirit"? that also differs from town to town, from school to school ....

the question you ask is a tough one to answer ...

pirate44
08-28-2006, 01:21 PM
i have always been disapointed in the support of Sinton fans during "off" seasons. like it or not, if the pirates arent winning, there arent many butts in the seats.

SintonFan
08-28-2006, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by pirate44
i have always been disapointed in the support of Sinton fans during "off" seasons. like it or not, if the pirates arent winning, there arent many butts in the seats.
That's human nature. Show me a stadium full of fans during a team's 0-10 season and I'll show you a school for the blind playing football.:p
Hey 44, how was your weekend. Did you make it to the Witte?

pirate44
08-28-2006, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
That's human nature. Show me a stadium full of fans during a team's 0-10 season and I'll show you a school for the blind playing football.:p
Hey 44, how was your weekend. Did you make it to the Witte?
call me crazy, but if you support your school, record shouldnt matter.

trip was great. didnt go to Witte, but we spent a few hours at the Childrens Museum downtown. it was the perfct thing for my son. wouldnt recommend it for anyone over 7 though. ate at Mi Tierra, Madrid's and Cheesecake factory (not all at once though LOL). Hotel was great (Marriott Northwest. we decided not to stay on the riverwalk this time). overall, it was a great rest from the xtremely busy past month or 2 at the office.

SintonFan
08-28-2006, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by pirate44
call me crazy, but if you support your school, record shouldnt matter.

trip was great. didnt go to Witte, but we spent a few hours at the Childrens Museum downtown. it was the perfct thing for my son. wouldnt recommend it for anyone over 7 though. ate at Mi Tierra, Madrid's and Cheesecake factory (not all at once though LOL). Hotel was great (Marriott Northwest. we decided not to stay on the riverwalk this time). overall, it was a great rest from the xtremely busy past month or 2 at the office.
Cool. I'm glad you had a good time.
and yes you're crazy... :p :D