PDA

View Full Version : Bevo Beat (Non HS football)

pirate4state
08-28-2006, 11:43 AM
McCoy named starter against North Texas
By Staff | Monday, August 28, 2006, 11:24 AM

Texas Longhorns Coach Mack Brown named freshman quarterback Colt McCoy the starting quarterback for Saturday’s home opener against North Texas. ‘“We are really excited with the improvement he’s made since spring. It’s probably the most I’ve seen in a young quarterback,” Brown said of McCoy.

Brown said that freshman Jevan Sneed would also play on Saturday, but that it has not been determined when he will enter the game. “Winning the game is the most important thing,” Brown said.

Brown also said that Selvin Young would be the starting tailback for Saturday’s game.

District303aPastPlayer
08-28-2006, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
McCoy named starter against North Texas
By Staff | Monday, August 28, 2006, 11:24 AM

Texas Longhorns Coach Mack Brown named freshman quarterback Colt McCoy the starting quarterback for Saturday’s home opener against North Texas. ‘“We are really excited with the improvement he’s made since spring. It’s probably the most I’ve seen in a young quarterback,” Brown said of McCoy.

Brown said that freshman Jevan Sneed would also play on Saturday, but that it has not been determined when he will enter the game. “Winning the game is the most important thing,” Brown said.

Brown also said that Selvin Young would be the starting tailback for Saturday’s game.

Im surprised by the non-start of Jamaal Charles

Adidas410s
08-28-2006, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer

last year though Selvin started most games and then Charles would come in shortly thereafter.

BMOC
08-28-2006, 11:47 AM

Surprised me too. I heard that he had a great spring, and he seemed to be the better of the two backs last season. Maybe Selvin Young has picked it up a few notches.

District303aPastPlayer
08-28-2006, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by BMOC
Surprised me too. I heard that he had a great spring, and he seemed to be the better of the two backs last season. Maybe Selvin Young has picked it up a few notches.

lets hope so... and if he hasnt... lets hope JCharles comes in early

VWG
08-28-2006, 12:17 PM
I will be at this game, and I just hope it doesn't get ugly too early.
I don't want to be walking out at halftime and going home. Spread is 42 pts., so maybe UNT can "hold" them to only a 21 pt. lead at halftime.

TMer25
08-28-2006, 01:05 PM
lets hope so... and if he hasnt... lets hope JCharles comes in early

Selvin dropped some weight from last season and seems to have regained the burst he had as a freshman

KTJ
08-28-2006, 07:05 PM

I'm not anymore.

Mack has been pumping up Selvin for a while now--since Fall Camp opened. He looked amazing in the scrimmage. Here's hoping that isn't another facade again.

Jamaal will get his, and then some. (Although I'd rather start Jamaal right now.)

Texas-Fight
08-28-2006, 10:14 PM
It doesn't matter who is in at tailback. They will run the ball very well.