PDA

View Full Version : Shipley cracks starting lineup at UT

CenTexSports
08-28-2006, 11:34 AM
As the place kick holder. He is the #2 man on the chart behind Billy Pittman at flanker. Quan Crosby takes Pittman's slot as sub B in the three receiver formation.

Three ex Central Texas 3a players starting on the defending National Championship team.

District303aPastPlayer
08-28-2006, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by CenTexSports
As the place kick holder. He is the #2 man on the chart behind Billy Pittman at flanker. Quan Crosby takes Pittman's slot as sub B in the three receiver formation.

Three ex Central Texas 3a players starting on the defending National Championship team.

not bad for 3 sub-5A players...

Cosby - 2A
Pittman/Shipley - 3A

CenTexSports
08-28-2006, 11:40 AM
I could not remember if Marlin was 3a at the time Quan was there, I know they are 2a now.

District303aPastPlayer
08-28-2006, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by CenTexSports
I could not remember if Marlin was 3a at the time Quan was there, I know they are 2a now.

he played at Mart... not Marlin

also... they had a rediculous winning streak going into the finals against celina... then celina went on to win something like 40 games straight

pirate4state
08-28-2006, 11:44 AM
more UT news (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=49314)

3afan
08-28-2006, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
mart ... the finals against celina...

i was at that game ...

Chris Hart
08-28-2006, 05:17 PM
If he can stay healthy, he'll not only start as the place kicker's holder, but he'll start on offense too by season's end. He's by far the most explosive WR they have at UT. They need Sweed's size so he's safe. IMO he will unseat Cosby or Pittman by season's end, probably Pittman, Cosby is more explosive than Pittman. But, Shipley has to prove something that thoes guys don't, that he can stay healthy. The injuries that he's endured at UT have cost him his spot in the starting lineup two years in a row, and now that he's healthy they have guys with proven game experience. Now the only way for him to get on the field as a starter is if one gets injured, or wait on the few plays he gets in during gametime and just outshine his counterparts. I do believe he will do it when given the chance. I'm glad that he's finally healthy and has found a way to get on the field...:clap:

Hupernikomen
08-28-2006, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by Chris Hart
If he can stay healthy, he'll not only start as the place kicker's holder, but he'll start on offense too by season's end. He's by far the most explosive WR they have at UT. They need Sweed's size so he's safe. IMO he will unseat Cosby or Pittman by season's end, probably Pittman, Cosby is more explosive than Pittman. But, Shipley has to prove something that thoes guys don't, that he can stay healthy. The injuries that he's endured at UT have cost him his spot in the starting lineup two years in a row, and now that he's healthy they have guys with proven game experience. Now the only way for him to get on the field as a starter is if one gets injured, or wait on the few plays he gets in during gametime and just outshine his counterparts. I do believe he will do it when given the chance. I'm glad that he's finally healthy and has found a way to get on the field...:clap:

Pittman is very good. I think Shipley is the best receiver I have ever witnessed in HS, but Pittman and Cosby both have the experience and are great athletes as well. He might very well bump one of them by years end though.

vet93
08-28-2006, 05:37 PM
Don't use "Shipley" and "Cracks" in the same sentance! I just knew that the next word was going to be tibia or vertebrae or tailbone.....I hope he can stay healthy he is a special player...very explosive and fun to watch.

Chris Hart
08-28-2006, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by Hupernikomen
Pittman is very good. I think Shipley is the best receiver I have ever witnessed in HS, but Pittman and Cosby both have the experience and are great athletes as well. He might very well bump one of them by years end though. Oh believe me Hupernikomen, I wasn't intending that as a slight to Pittman or Cosby, I know they are both great athletes and WRs too. I just think that what Shipley can do with the ball once he catches it, will eventually lead to Mack having to replace one of them with him in the starting lineup. UT is lucky to have 4 great wideouts in those three and Sweed. I've went and watched them practice several times too, and they another one that may be more physically talented than any of them in Hardy. He is SUPER talented!

Emerson1
08-28-2006, 06:24 PM
Only thing Shipley has over Pittman and Cosby is break away speed. I remember times when Pittman and Cosby were sucked in by a CB that was 20 yards behind him.

tigerpride_08
08-28-2006, 08:28 PM
nothing wrong with being the holder...at least he'll hit the field...

sinton66
08-28-2006, 08:33 PM
I can tell any of you that haven't seen Jordan Shipley play, he is the most amazing receiver I've ever seen in high school ball also. This is eye witness testimony.

PPHSfan
08-28-2006, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
I can tell any of you that haven't seen Jordan Shipley play, he is the most amazing receiver I've ever seen in high school ball also. This is eye witness testimony.

I have seen him too. 66 RM and a few others including G2 and Myself watched him play in the title game against Gainesville. He can run a route like nobody I have ever seen. Big, Fast, and Strong, but what probably separates him from the pack is his football IQ. He may be the smartest football brain on the team.

DaRaiderz
08-28-2006, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Only thing Shipley has over Pittman and Cosby is break away speed. I remember times when Pittman and Cosby were sucked in by a CB that was 20 yards behind him.

Am I reading this right? Are you suggesting Cosby is slow? When was Quan Cosby "sucked in by a CB that was 20 yards behind him"???? I need an example. And as for Billy Pittman, all I remember him doing is getting behind CBs and scoring TDs.

Texas-Fight
08-28-2006, 11:36 PM
If he can stay healthy, he'll not only start as the place kicker's holder, but he'll start on offense too by season's end. He's by far the most explosive WR they have at UT. They need Sweed's size so he's safe. IMO he will unseat Cosby or Pittman by season's end, probably Pittman, Cosby is more explosive than Pittman. But, Shipley has to prove something that thoes guys don't, that he can stay healthy. The injuries that he's endured at UT have cost him his spot in the starting lineup two years in a row, and now that he's healthy they have guys with proven game experience. Now the only way for him to get on the field as a starter is if one gets injured, or wait on the few plays he gets in during gametime and just outshine his counterparts. I do believe he will do it when given the chance. I'm glad that he's finally healthy and has found a way to get on the field...:clap: Pittman led the Nation in YAC.

Texas-Fight
08-28-2006, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by DaRaiderz
Am I reading this right? Are you suggesting Cosby is slow? When was Quan Cosby "sucked in by a CB that was 20 yards behind him"???? I need an example. And as for Billy Pittman, all I remember him doing is getting behind CBs and scoring TDs. I know in the Ohio State game Billy was sucked up but that was by a guy who is in the NFL now.

District303aPastPlayer
08-28-2006, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by Texas-Fight
I know in the Ohio State game Billy was sucked up but that was by a guy who is in the NFL now.

Ashton Yobouty?

Texas-Fight
08-28-2006, 11:56 PM
I believe that is who it was. I haven't seen the game lately.

Chris Hart
08-29-2006, 09:57 AM
Pittman led the Nation in YAC. I realize that, but this year most of the defense, including DBs will not have to play Texas at the line of scrimmage. There will be alot more traffic in the secondaries. Like I said earlier, I know Pittman is a great WR, but if you think he can do with the ball what Shipley can after he catches it, you need to go and watch them practice. Better yet, just wait and see the kind of plays that Shipley makes, and then the kind that Billy makes this year, and you'll see what I mean...

District303aPastPlayer
08-29-2006, 10:13 AM
I believe that is who it was. I haven't seen the game lately.

ya know he is from Texas right?

injuredinmelee
08-29-2006, 10:19 AM
Shipleys lateral movement is ridiculous. I can remember his freshman year at Roby he scored 4 times including kickoff return for a td.
the best play i ever witnessed of his was against gaineville where he slipped triple coverage with a pectacular route and McGee hit him deep. The kickoff return in that game was pretty studly also.

Texas-Fight
08-29-2006, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
ya know he is from Texas right? Yes all the best players are from Texas.

District303aPastPlayer
08-29-2006, 10:56 AM
Yes all the best players are from Texas.

he and the MLB, David Schlegel i believe... both are from Texas... both started on D last year for tOSU

Texas-Fight
08-29-2006, 10:57 AM
I realize that, but this year most of the defense, including DBs will not have to play Texas at the line of scrimmage. There will be alot more traffic in the secondaries. Like I said earlier, I know Pittman is a great WR, but if you think he can do with the ball what Shipley can after he catches it, you need to go and watch them practice. Better yet, just wait and see the kind of plays that Shipley makes, and then the kind that Billy makes this year, and you'll see what I mean... I understand what you're saying. I hope they defenses drop back into coverage that will let the running game explode!

3afan
08-29-2006, 11:00 AM
I realize that, but this year most of the defense, including DBs will not have to play Texas at the line of scrimmage. There will be alot more traffic in the secondaries. Like I said earlier, I know Pittman is a great WR, but if you think he can do with the ball what Shipley can after he catches it, you need to go and watch them practice. Better yet, just wait and see the kind of plays that Shipley makes, and then the kind that Billy makes this year, and you'll see what I mean...

remember, that was the shipley b4 the injury and against HS DBs ....... hopefully he'll come bacj just as strong

KTJ
08-29-2006, 12:07 PM
I think some of your are seriously underestimating Pittman and Sweed. Not to mention, they both are the veteran receivers. (Cosby included.)

I'm not saying Shipley can't come in a wreck shop beause he can and eventually will. (I've seen him do it against my alma mater.) But to say that he'll take Pittman or Sweed's spot by the end of the year is a little extreme, IMO. Shipley hasn't even played a down of college football yet.

I'm very, very, very, very, very excited that he's back and I can't wait to see him hit the field. The dude is gonna be a beast.

Also--fake field goals anyone?