Whats the breakdown on Argyle?

O? D?
Returning starters?
Players to watch?

Predictions?

Let's talk football, boys!!

Adidas410s
08-28-2006, 09:11 AM
go buy DCTF...it will have all of that info in there already for you! :thumbsup:

Adidas410s
08-28-2006, 09:12 AM
also...you can go hear to read more about Argyle and their district:

http://texashsfootball.com/previews06/districts/class3a/dist83a.htm

DaHop72
08-28-2006, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
go buy DCTF...it will have all of that info in there already for you! :thumbsup: :evillol: :evillol: :evillol: :evillol:

Odis
08-28-2006, 09:18 AM
Looks like Chris is outta the loop on that District.

G-ville is going to be just a shadow of there old selves. I agree with Decatur being first.

Sanger is just a rumor right now so ol Odis will go with

1. Decatur
2. Sanger - Argyle toss up

Oh yeah, and Argyle - IP >> Too close to call.

BTW, do you just give your answers in multiple posts to pad your post count? (pathetic)

3afan
08-28-2006, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by Odis
BTW, do you just give your answers in multiple posts to pad your post count? (pathetic)

geez, that was uncalled for (IMO)

Adidas410s
08-28-2006, 09:41 AM

Maybe it's that I gave you one answer...and thought of a second answer that would provide you additional answer. Did that thought ever cross your mind?? Nope...doubt it. That would be JUST a bit too much for you to process at one time! moron...:rolleyes:

Phantom Stang
08-28-2006, 10:08 AM
Let me get this straight.
Someone comes on here with a serious guestion about a 3A football team, and all he gets is basically, "look it up in a book", and "you can find that on another site"? And after that he's called a moron.

What has this board become?:confused:

DaHop72
08-28-2006, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by Phantom Stang
Someone comes on here with a serious guestion about a 3A football team, and all he gets is basically, "look it up in a book", and "you can find that on another site"? And after that he's called a moron.

What has this board become?:confused: Go read some of Odis post before you throw a rock.:D

I don't think you would respond the same way he does.

Adidas410s
08-28-2006, 10:16 AM

What has this board become?:confused:
lets see...

1. He asks questions that aren't really discussion questions? (how many starters/key players/etc.)

2. Why should I waste the time to look it up for him when either a) he can look it up or b) he can go to other sites to get this information?

3. This is a site for DISCUSSION. If we have information to discuss...then let's talk about it. If you just want to find facts...then we can easily refer you other sites that already have this information readily available. That is why I supplied him a link to the specific district preview from txhs website that gives some good information Argyle...which is what he asked for.

4. He then, after giving some thoughts on the district...he proceeds to make a cheap, personal attack at me...so I have every right to respond to it!

Big Papa
08-28-2006, 10:17 AM
lets see...

1. He asks questions that aren't really discussion questions? (how many starters/key players/etc.)

2. Why should I waste the time to look it up for him when either a) he can look it up or b) he can go to other sites to get this information?

3. This is a site for DISCUSSION. If we have information to discuss...then let's talk about it. If you just want to find facts...then we can easily refer you other sites that already have this information readily available. That is why I supplied him a link to the specific district preview from txhs website that gives some good information Argyle...which is what he asked for.

4. He then, after giving some thoughts on the district...he proceeds to make a cheap, personal attack at me...so I have every right to respond to it!

Exactly :clap:

Adidas410s
08-28-2006, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by DaHop72
Go read some of Odis post before you throw a rock.:D

Thanks...you're my boy Hops! :thumbsup:

:evillol: :evillol: :evillol: :evillol: :evillol:

LH Panther Mom
08-28-2006, 10:19 AM
lets see...

He asked for information. Why should we refer him to another site when someone on here actually might have the info he wants? :confused: :confused:

Adidas410s
08-28-2006, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
He asked for information. Why should we refer him to another site when someone on here actually might have the info he wants? :confused: :confused:

Is it quicker for me to type it out or provide a link to something somebody else has already typed out??? :doh:

Phantom Stang
08-28-2006, 10:24 AM
Go read some of Odis post before you throw a rock.:D

I've read a lot of them, and i know where you're coming from.;) However, when someone is checking this board out for the first time, and enters "Argyle" into the search window, this thread is likely to be near the top of the page. The reader won't know anything about the histories of the posters.

Bullaholic
08-28-2006, 10:24 AM
Everybody smile---It's Monday!
Altogether now--"Someone's laughing, my Lord, cumbaya Someone's laughing,my Lord, cumbaya Oh Lord, cumbaya. Someone's crying, my Lord, cumbayah Someone's crying, my Lord, ..."
:D

LH Panther Mom
08-28-2006, 10:25 AM
Is it quicker for me to type it out or provide a link to something somebody else has already typed out??? :doh:
Well, if you don't have the info, you could not respond. ;) All are great "resources", but nothing is better than first-hand knowledge. If you don't have info, it's kind of hard to discuss.....and some of us are here for info, not just discussion, IMO.

Example: DCTF has some good info on Liberty Hill. What it does not contain is any information on the kids who have moved here since the article was written and/or the mag published.

3afan
08-28-2006, 10:25 AM

yes he did, and he was told where he could or might be able to find the information --- it was the "BTW, do you just give your answers in multiple posts to pad your post count? (pathetic)" response that started the snipping ... thats a sure way to NOT get answers to your questions

Adidas410s
08-28-2006, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by 3afan
yes he did, and he was told where he could or might be able to find the information --- it was the "BTW, do you just give your answers in multiple posts to pad your post count? (pathetic)" response that started the snipping ... thats a sure way to NOT get answers to your questions

exactly...:clap: :clap:

Some people just don't read in context very well and would rather look for something to gripe about when they have nothing to contribute to the converstaion!

DaHop72
08-28-2006, 10:31 AM
I guess my question would be, unless you are from Argyle, would you really have the answers he ask for in the first place?:thinking:

LH Panther Mom
08-28-2006, 10:33 AM
I guess my question would be, unless you are from Argyle, would you really have the answers he ask for in the first place?:thinking:
Maybe if you've been to one of their scrimmages?

DaHop72
I've read a lot of them, and i know where you're coming from.;) However, when someone is checking this board out for the first time, and enters "Argyle" into the search window, this thread is likely to be near the top of the page. The reader won't know anything about the histories of the posters. I can agree with that, but when you look at the thread title you have to wonder about the content anyway. "Sumbuddy"

Phantom Stang
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Everybody smile---It's Monday!
Altogether now--"Someone's laughing, my Lord, cumbaya Someone's laughing,my Lord, cumbaya Oh Lord, cumbaya. Someone's crying, my Lord, cumbayah Someone's crying, my Lord, ..."
:D
After that, can we sing Michael Row The Boat Ashore?:D

DaHop72
08-28-2006, 10:37 AM
Maybe if you've been to one of their scrimmages? If you weren't from there I guess you could give players # unless they have their names on their uniforms, maybe what offense and defense they run, but would have no idea about returning players or predictions of a record. IMO

Odis
08-28-2006, 10:37 AM
I'd say your avator says all about you that I need to know.

I was just trying to get a little info on IP's opponent this week.

This site has turned into a little glee club for 5-6 posters here who have in all likelyhood never strapped on the pads.

I refuse to buy DCTF, it is an overpriced piece of junk. Chris has a nice site, but one guy can't know everything about 5 classes of football in 4 different regions. I thought maybe an Argyle fan here was willing to share a little preview.

I'm sure I lose more football information in my morning constitution than Adidas has known or ever will know.

I'm sure he is a John Madden play football expert though.

Get a life, pansy!!

District303aPastPlayer
08-28-2006, 10:42 AM

This site has turned into a little glee club for 5-6 posters here who have in all likelyhood never strapped on the pads.

I refuse to buy DCTF, it is an overpriced piece of junk. Chris has a nice site, but one guy can't know everything about 5 classes of football in 4 different regions. I thought maybe an Argyle fan here was willing to share a little preview.

I'm sure I lose more football information in my morning constitution than Adidas has known or ever will know.

Get a life, pansy!!

hmm... so most of us have never played... thats true for the females.... id say over half the guys here have played... so choke on that one :)

District303aPastPlayer
08-28-2006, 10:44 AM
and by the way... if you dont like it... leave... no ones stopping you. we welcome everyone here, but if you want to be a jerk off about everything... then you arent welcome here... you are more htan welcome to leave

SWMustang
08-28-2006, 10:46 AM

Get a life, pansy!!

Come on Odis, I was in your corner on this one. You asked a legit question that deserved a better answer than what Adidas gave you. To come back with this post makes people think you got what you deserved. I think we would all to do better to take the high road every now and then. Turn the other cheek.

bobcat1
08-28-2006, 10:47 AM
I guess my question would be, unless you are from Argyle, would you really have the answers he ask for in the first place? Maybe your team scrimmaged them and could give some actual information on Argyle. :doh:

This site has turned into a little glee club for 5-6 posters here who have in all likelyhood never strapped on the pads. Kinda the reason I rarely come on here. Someone asks a legitimate football question and here comes the BS from the few :cheerl: on here.

Some people just don't read in context very well and would rather look for something to gripe about when they have nothing to contribute to the converstaion!

And you added to the conversation concerning Argyle what?????

Odis, when we scrimmaged Argyle I noticed speed. I also saw a team run the spread very well. They have the athletes to do it. They get after you on defense pretty good also. Good luck to you.

Adidas410s
08-28-2006, 10:49 AM
Why the personal attacks Odis??? You love to make them...yet you have contributed little to nothing in terms of actual football discussion. Instead, you go around acting like you are some great football genius...yet you don't really provide any information that would lead us to believe that you are actually willing to discuss the topic.

Any time you want to sit down and talk football...you know where to find me buddy! :thumbsup:

Adidas410s
08-28-2006, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by SWMustang
Come on Odis, I was in your corner on this one. You asked a legit question that deserved a better answer than what Adidas gave you. To come back with this post makes people think you got what you deserved. I think we would all to do better to take the high road every now and then. Turn the other cheek.

What was wrong with my answer? Since I know that I don't personally have much knowledge on Argyle...I provided him with the quickest source of information that I could regarding the team, their players, and their district along with information about other teams in the district. What was wrong with that?

Originally posted by Bobcat1
And you added to the conversation concerning Argyle what?????

Read the above post...follow the link that I provided at the beginning of the post...whichever you wish!

Odis
08-28-2006, 10:53 AM
I'm sorry, I don't suffer fools lightly.

I get a bad rap on this site, solely for the fact of wanting to keep most of the posts football related. Nobody jumped G's arse for his "riding my jock" a few weeks ago.

I'd challenge someone to go back through a sample of Adidas THOUSANDS of posts and see just what a small percentage are related to football. I'm not saying 100% of posts need to be about football, but, by god its Zero week and I think we should be talking up 3A football.

I stand by my opinion of him and a few others around here.

And, I'll hang around till Matt or somebody (see I can spell) else decides to ban me. Although I have posted NOTHING to deserve being banned.

bobcat1
08-28-2006, 10:57 AM
That's it Odis, don't let them put you in the trick bag. Go out swingin' Then they can get their pompoms back out and kiss each others arse some more.

Well, if you don't have the info, you could not respond. I agree PantherMom.

District303aPastPlayer
08-28-2006, 10:58 AM
I'm sorry, I don't suffer fools lightly.

I get a bad rap on this site, solely for the fact of wanting to keep most of the posts football related. Nobody jumped G's arse for his "riding my jock" a few weeks ago.

I'd challenge someone to go back through a sample of Adidas THOUSANDS of posts and see just what a small percentage are related to football. I'm not saying 100% of posts need to be about football, but, by god its Zero week and I think we should be talking up 3A football.

And, I'll hang around till Matt or somebody (see I can spell) else decides to ban me. Although I have posted NOTHING to deserve being banned.

okay, so you think that. thats fine. thats YOUR OPINION... and you know what they say about opinions...

Odis
08-28-2006, 10:58 AM
Thanks for the answer Bobcat. They must be pretty salty to get high praise from a team of Celina's calibre. I knew they made the 2A finals last year.

In all honesty 2006 may be a rebuilding year for the Hawks. The first step we have to make is settling on a fulltime first string QB.

With our backs, I imagine we will try to control the clock, shorten the game, and wear them down with our power running game. I still rank the game as a toss-up with maybe a slight edge to Argyle.

3afan
08-28-2006, 10:59 AM
I have posted NOTHING to deserve being banned.

no you havent, not even close IMO

but, also IMO, the "pathetic" comment was just asking for "trouble"

:cool:

District303aPastPlayer
08-28-2006, 11:00 AM
no you havent, not even close IMO

but, also IMO, the "pathetic" comment was just asking for "trouble"

:cool:

Odis... listen to this man, he is the voice of reason.

bobcat1
08-28-2006, 11:00 AM
If you have the athletes to stay with their receivers and can put pressure on the QB you can win. We were able to move the ball pretty well on the ground with a pounding line and quick backs. See ya!

3afan
08-28-2006, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
Odis... listen to this man, he is the voice of reason.

your check is in the mail :D

District303aPastPlayer
08-28-2006, 11:15 AM
your check is in the mail :D

maybe this one will actually get here

Adidas410s
08-28-2006, 11:20 AM

I challenge you to go through the posts of ANY of the Top 50...100...250 posters and you will find that EVERYBODY has a good % of posts that aren't football related. I'm not going to sit here and pick on other posters...because why...umm I really don't care about what others are posting about. If I see a topic and I want to talk on it...then I will do so!

Let's take a look at the 3ADL Mission Statement...

Mission Statement:

3A Down Low has been established to provide a forum for the discussion of Texas Class 3A high school football and other topics as deemed acceptable by the site administrators and moderators. Our prime objective is to provide a clean, informative, and fun place for you to support your favorite team and to learn about other teams and towns across this great state. We hope you will find this site different from any other football site you’ve ever visited.

So as you can see, the intent of this site IS to be different from other sites. If you want a site that talks football and nothing else...there are plenty of them out there. If you want a site that is more of a community than a strictly football site, then try the downlow! You don't have to like it...but don't think that you can show up on a site with 1500+ members and declare that this site should run the way you want it to run because you don't agree with everything that is posted.

As has been said many a time...if you don't want to read a thread...then don't open it! That is a lot easier option than griping about something that many others are ok with because you don't like it! :thumbsup:

3afan
08-28-2006, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
maybe this one will actually get here

doubt it ... but ya never know

SWMustang
08-28-2006, 11:46 AM

Let's take a look at the 3ADL Mission Statement...

Mission Statement:

3A Down Low has been established to provide a forum for the discussion of Texas Class 3A high school football and other topics as deemed acceptable by the site administrators and moderators. Our prime objective is to provide a clean, informative, and fun place for you to support your favorite team and to learn about other teams and towns across this great state. We hope you will find this site different from any other football site you’ve ever visited.

I think we can agree that the forum was established to discuss 3A football. Odis asked a legit question and you sent him to another board. That's not entirely a bad thing if you're trying to get him some answers, but the manner in which you responded "go to DCTF" seemed to yell out - "go somewhere else." "Our prime objective is to provide a clean, informative, and fun place for you to support your favorite team and to learn about other teams.

gotta go to lunch

Odis
08-28-2006, 11:46 AM
Bud, I never hijack posts or reply to posts that I find objectionable. You are the one that always seems to find your way onto my threads. You got a crush on me?

Your the one that hijacked my thread this morning with your smart arse replies.

Gsquared
08-28-2006, 12:20 PM
Whats the breakdown on Argyle?

O? D?
Returning starters?
Players to watch?

Predictions?

Let's talk football, boys!!
I saw em scrimmage Celina. Pretty good up front on both sides of the ball. Have a DT that can bring it!

VWG
08-28-2006, 12:23 PM
Thanks for the answer Bobcat. They must be pretty salty to get high praise from a team of Celina's calibre. I knew they made the 2A finals last year.

In all honesty 2006 may be a rebuilding year for the Hawks. The first step we have to make is settling on a fulltime first string QB.

With our backs, I imagine we will try to control the clock, shorten the game, and wear them down with our power running game. I still rank the game as a toss-up with maybe a slight edge to Argyle.

Getting back to football... IP may have an advantage with some of the rule changes this year. That grind it out wing-T will help as games this year will probably lose about 10 to 15 plays on average.
I thought Argyle was in the same boat as Iowa Park, graduating a great senior class?
Should be a good first test for both squads.

3afan
08-28-2006, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by VWG
... rule changes this year.

can you detail those?

Adidas410s
08-28-2006, 01:08 PM
can you detail those?

one of the big things they are trying to clean up is on holding calls away from the play. For a team like IP that spends all day in the Wing-T with multiple options...this could provide an advantage by minimizing penalties.

As far as his references to # of plays run...I'm not sure what changes are going on there.

Adidas410s
08-28-2006, 01:10 PM
I think we can agree that the forum was established to discuss 3A football. Odis asked a legit question and you sent him to another board. That's not entirely a bad thing if you're trying to get him some answers, but the manner in which you responded "go to DCTF" seemed to yell out - "go somewhere else." "Our prime objective is to provide a clean, informative, and fun place for you to support your favorite team and to learn about other teams.

gotta go to lunch

To clarify...if I did want somebody to leave, then I would tell them so. I told him to check DCTF and/or another website because those would be his quickest sources of the basic factual info he was looking for. Also, I haven't seen many Argyle posters around here either so it might have been a while before somebody from there showed up to post.

SWMustang
08-28-2006, 01:41 PM
To clarify...if I did want somebody to leave, then I would tell them so. I told him to check DCTF and/or another website because those would be his quickest sources of the basic factual info he was looking for. Also, I haven't seen many Argyle posters around here either so it might have been a while before somebody from there showed up to post.

Ok - group hug now? :D

Adidas410s
08-28-2006, 01:48 PM
Ok - group hug now? :D

http://www.galleywinter.com/main/images/smiles/lori.gif http://www.galleywinter.com/main/images/smiles/lori.gif http://www.galleywinter.com/main/images/smiles/lori.gif http://www.galleywinter.com/main/images/smiles/lori.gif http://www.galleywinter.com/main/images/smiles/lori.gif

injuredinmelee
08-28-2006, 03:34 PM
see what i get for spending the day working (well part of it anyways). I miss all the good stuff.

Odis we gonna hook up for a cold coke from scobees before the IP/Wylie game in two weeks?

Odis
08-28-2006, 04:11 PM
Hale fire, I need more than a coca cola to get ready for FOOTBALL. Meet me at my truck (and for you Po-lice types, I park off school grounds) and I'll hook you up with a COLD ONE!!

AP Panther Fan
08-28-2006, 04:25 PM
And I thought this thread was about those socks that golfers wear.....:cool:

Adidas410s
08-28-2006, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
And I thought this thread was about those socks that golfers wear.....:cool:

LOL...good one!

The day that Odis comes around asking about these...:rolleyes:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/media/images/40388000/jpg/_40388435_poulter_200.jpg