PDA

View Full Version : best QB in state

g-town fan
11-05-2001, 10:24 PM
Any opinions on the best QB in the state? what bout rb? wr? best defense?
Cameron thought they had the best defense until they saw the wrecking crew this past friday. Fear the herd!!!!!

deliriousmaniac
11-05-2001, 10:35 PM
Aledo's Broderick Newton is a very good athlete at QB and WR. He plays both and was 1st team all district as a sophomore. As a junior now he is receiving many letters from D1 schools such as Iowa State and Rice. He is definately should be considered as one of the best.

Jacket2000
11-05-2001, 11:00 PM
Why is it that the Aledo fans get so quiet when Newton comes in at QB?

bigdawg
11-05-2001, 11:26 PM
Caleb Ensor and Danny Ruth are the best combo. of qb and rb for Abilene Wylie. They are both a huge threat. If you stop one,the other will wear you out.

abicooper
11-05-2001, 11:41 PM
Blanton from Forney is probably the best RB, however I think Ruth has a good shot at going D1, due to his size and speed. (Recent article in the Abilene Paper said he wanted to go to Texas Tech, but did not
know if he would play football. He is also a great baseball player. Shortstop). The only good QB's I have seen is Ensor from Wylie (starter since his sophomore year) with good speed and a great arm.
Carillo (sp) from Sweetwater is a great athlete who could go D1 (only a junior), but my guess he would be a DB not a QB.

deliriousmaniac
11-05-2001, 11:46 PM
I really don't know why they get so quite when he does. He is a great quarterback and does very well. If you have watched him play you know he is a dynamic runner and passer. I wish i knew how many td's he has had this year between rushing, punt returning, kick returns, and receiving. He had over 200 rushing against Breck as a QB. Aledo has had much success since implementing the new 2 QB shotgun offense. Winning the last few games in landslide fashion. I think they will give Alvarado more of game than most think.

Jacket2000
11-05-2001, 11:50 PM
Oh, I agree. He's much better than Hall. Also, I have an idea why they get so quiet, but I wont say it on this board.
J2K
"If at first you dont succeed, then sky diving's not for you."

FBFAN
11-06-2001, 04:28 PM
I agree with the Ruth/Ensor combination. They've been the heartbeat of that team since 7th grade. Ruth sets up Ensor and vice versa (run vs. pass). Will be interesting to see what happens this Friday night with a big 3A game in Ballinger (vs. Wylie). Both teams are 9-0. Wylie #3 and Ballinger #7.

OntheOutside
11-07-2001, 09:20 AM
Splendora's Cody Inkster is one of the better QB's in 3A football as well. He is quietly setting back and getting the job done down there week in and week out. He broke school records last year in passing yardage and passing TD's and looks like he will surpass those numbers this year. He is also a major threat on the ground as well, just ask Madisonville and Cleveland.

Matthew328
11-07-2001, 10:10 AM
I have an idea also!

Endword
11-07-2001, 10:31 AM
Keep an eye on Caleb Ensor, Abilene Wylie. Why? 1)Size-6'3", 200lbs., 2)Speed-4.6, 3)Leadership-3 yr. starter that doesn't talk with anything except his play, 4)Tough-Plays through injuries (ie. COMPOUND Dislocation of middle finger on passing hand the last play of first half and yet does not miss a play because of this in the game) Also, is just now healing up from 2 hamstring pulls earlier in yr., 5)Work ethic-Works as hard in off season as any kid you will find anywhere, 6)Intelligence-Runs one of the most diverse offensive schemes in state. Results definite D1 player. I think this is a name we will be hearing for years to come.

Lions56
11-07-2001, 08:03 PM
I think Chad Smith for Castleberry is a good running QB he has not yet got the passing game down but when he does he will be a pretty good QB.

deliriousmaniac
11-07-2001, 11:09 PM
If you two are thinking what i am thinking then i don't agree with you at all. that probably doesn't make sense...soo...yea.

Matthew328
11-08-2001, 11:54 PM
Well for those of you who aren't catching on me and Jacket both think Aledo fans all of a sudden get quiet when Newton plays QB is because he is black..I believe he is Aledo's first black player ever..well I don't think it is coincidence that when he gets under center that the fans all of a sudden get quiet..and it has happened more than on one occasion..also add to the fact a couple of people from Aledo who have said people in high places in the community are less than thrilled about a black players..now I am positive that most of the people from Aledo aren't like that..but man a few ignorant people can make a whole town look bad...

Jacket2000
11-08-2001, 11:55 PM
I just figured they didnt thinK he Kould Kut it.
J2K

deliriousmaniac
11-10-2001, 12:41 AM
Well, I'm not sure if he is the first EVER but definately in recent past. I really haven't noticed the change in the attitude of the people in the stands, but from all the fans i know they love him. He is a very well liked student among the students and players. I know what you mean, every town has their own bunch that don't like change, but with Aledo growing as much as it is, they just better get used to it. I don't think they got quiet because he couldn't cut it though, if you have watched him play you know what i mean.

Jacket2000
11-10-2001, 03:55 AM
LOL, I think you missed the point of my post. Try reading it again, carefully.
J2K

ProudMama
11-14-2001, 10:24 PM
Byrd from Madisonville ain't no slouch. He can throw and boy, can he run!!!

the claw
11-14-2001, 10:56 PM
I think that could also be the problem with the fans of Aledo. There are several who have made a big deal about a black player. I think it is a shame that some people are so close-minded. Fortunately though it is only a select few.

deliriousmaniac
11-14-2001, 11:15 PM
Everybody has them.

Pepper
11-17-2001, 06:11 PM
You have to consider the Daugherty kid out of Bridgeport. He's a junior and has been throwing over 300 yds in almost ever game. Including 340 last night against Ballinger.