PDA

View Full Version : Region II Game of the Week (Zero): Kennedale @ Everman

LH Panther Mom
08-27-2006, 07:31 PM
Kennedale Wildcats will travel to Everman to take on the 4a Bulldogs.

The Wildcats return 5/6 starters and finished with 9-3 record in 2005 and were area finalists. They have several returning All-District defensive players and some who have moved up from the 10-0 JV.

The Bulldogs, alma mater of Matthew328, were DII regional semifinalists in 2005 and have several strong defensive players returning and a RB who had 163 carries, 1263 yds & 13 TDs.

Predictions?

sweetwater07
08-27-2006, 07:40 PM
Kennedale doesn't impress me..they lost to cleburne in their scrimmage i believe and being as i moved from cleburne ...i know cleburne is terrible...so i say everman by 14+

Matthew328
08-27-2006, 08:07 PM
Throw out the record when these 2 get together...Everman is Kennedale's Super Bowl and Kennedale has OWNED Everman.....there will be some serious talent on the field in this game....a minimum of 6 Division 1 recruits from both team's senior classes...and likely another 3 or 4 from the underclass groups...

On paper Everman looks to be the better team..they return more starters, more letterman and more key players..

When Kennedale has the ball keep an eye on RB Cordero Gray..he has great speed..not big but he's stong...Kennedale has a couple of weapons in the passing game with Kasib Williams and Aaron LeBruce...Everman has a great defense with 8 starters back..LB/DE Marcus Clark is a beast 100 tackles and 12 sacks as a junior...big DL Jerrell Jones was all-district as a sophomore..DE Devetrian Walker is a state champion powerlifter....the Everman secondary has 2 maybe 3 Division 1 players back there..TCU commit Johnny Fobbs is a 4 year starter...and Jonathan Jones is a top 100 player..

When Everman has the ball you may not recognize them...they will likely throw the ball much more than they ever have...they have a good set of WR's and a QB with a strong arm in Joseph Jeffrey...RB C.J. Jennings had almost 1300 yards as a sophomore while Tony Smith is a great compliment to Jennings...Kennedale has a smallish but speedy defense led by TCU commit Chez Thomas...LeBruce also patrolls the secondary...LB J.J. Petty is always around the ball...

I'll take Kennedale....can't pick against them til Everman beats them..

PPHSfan
08-27-2006, 09:23 PM
Y'all kinda ruin the Pick-em Game when you tell all of the secrets. It's a good thing I know all of the "other" intangibles.

garageoffice
08-27-2006, 09:54 PM
This one is really a big question mark to me. There are so many issues, as Matthew mentioned already. Last year, Kennedale embarrassed Everman, made them look bad and caused them to actually lose their cool.

Everman looks to be better this year than last. Also, Kennedale does have some really good speed and Cordero Gray is a pretty good running back. I don't think anybody has much of a handle on this team yet, though.

The D is good, the RBs are good, the QB may be the best to come through Kennedale in several years (maybe), but what about the O line? I believe they only have one returning starter from last years O line. So far, they haven't shown much toughness. However, if they develop, watch out! With Gray's speed, Barrett's arm and Williams and LeBruce returning, the offense only needs a small opportunity and they can make things happen.

In my book it's a toss-up. I'm going with Kennedale, but only because of recent history.

kenncat
08-27-2006, 10:13 PM
Its funny how the o line gets no credit but its cool Everman's Defense is gonna get Chop Chopped.....Im going with my boys from Kennedale all day long....
ZW,AS,JL,JZ,JP
HOGS!!!!!

kenncat
08-27-2006, 10:51 PM
ok garage office first of all... cordero gray didnt even play last year so there is no way u could ever tell me that he is a pretty good running back when he has done nothing... when u talk about a team at least talk about the players that make a difference not a guy thats just fast.

K-TOWN
08-27-2006, 11:36 PM
very interesting posts. sweetwater07 ... we did not technically loose the scrimmage the scores where 2-2 but kennedale looked very sloppy. But they came back with an impressive show against decatur ( ranked #1 in the dfw ) shut down decatur all 35 plays. But that was last week. and means absolutly nothing. I've been to both kennedale scrimmages. Cordero Gray looks very impressive but only when the OL opens the holes up. Im sure this game will come down to Clock managment , and ground and pound football. Kennedale has never backdown to Everman and i just don't see it happending this year.

"keep the tradition"

Kennedale-31
Everman-28

DU_stud04
08-28-2006, 01:27 AM
i cant wait for this one....who can get me 2 student tickets???? seriously....:D

going for kennadale btw by 4

garageoffice
08-28-2006, 01:45 AM
Originally posted by kenncat
ok garage office first of all... cordero gray didnt even play last year so there is no way u could ever tell me that he is a pretty good running back when he has done nothing... when u talk about a team at least talk about the players that make a difference not a guy thats just fast.

OK, so Gray didn't play last year. That doesn't mean I haven't seen him run the ball. He was pretty good, showed good instincts and had more than just speed. Maybe he's rusty, but he was pretty good when he was younger. Who doesn't want a guy with true sprinter speed in the backfield?

As for the O line, all I'm saying is that's where the big question is. If they come along and play well, I think this team could be very good, if they don't, then it could be a different story. I believe there's plenty of potential there, just not much experience. Trust me, I wish them big success.

K-TOWN
08-28-2006, 06:23 PM
well said garage office

can any one post the link for the 4a fourm..that runs with 3a downlow ? it's like texasaaaafootball ? i forgot it's been awhile

Matthew328
08-28-2006, 06:40 PM
Kennedale has questions at OL and Everman has questions at QB....my prediction is whichever of these postions performs better wins the game...

Rabbit'93
08-28-2006, 06:53 PM
Everman wins big. Heard it here first. Or maybe second...depends on who you talked to.:p

kenncat
08-28-2006, 07:15 PM
There are no questions at the kennedale o-line what is everyone talking about, they WILL perform well, and there is no chance Everman if they even win, will win by alot

Chris Hart
08-28-2006, 07:18 PM
Everman by 14+

gobbler grad
08-28-2006, 08:49 PM
Everman in a close one...21-14

K-TOWN
08-28-2006, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328
Kennedale has questions at OL and Everman has questions at QB....my prediction is whichever of these postions performs better wins the game...

Who is evermans QB . is he not that reliable ?

Matthew328
08-28-2006, 10:55 PM
well the QB position is a question...look for Joseph Jeffrey to be the QB....

K-TOWN
08-28-2006, 11:36 PM
would you say this years class would be one of the better everman classes in the past 5-6 years ?

Texas-Fight
08-28-2006, 11:51 PM
Everman

Eradicator
08-29-2006, 09:32 AM
[i]
The D is good, the RBs are good, the QB may be the best to come through Kennedale in several years (maybe), but what about the O line? I believe they only have one returning starter from last years O line. So far, they haven't shown much toughness. However, if they develop, watch out! In my book it's a toss-up. [/B]

Year in and year out, Kennedale's line has ALWAYS had 1 or 2 returning starters...that hasn't stopped the Wildcats from CHOP CHOP! The wildcats will be fine. LADA!

sweetwater07
08-29-2006, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by K-TOWN
very interesting posts. sweetwater07 ... we did not technically loose the scrimmage the scores where 2-2 but kennedale looked very sloppy. But they came back with an impressive show against decatur ( ranked #1 in the dfw ) shut down decatur all 35 plays. But that was last week. and means absolutly nothing. I've been to both kennedale scrimmages. Cordero Gray looks very impressive but only when the OL opens the holes up. Im sure this game will come down to Clock managment , and ground and pound football. Kennedale has never backdown to Everman and i just don't see it happending this year.

"keep the tradition"

Kennedale-31
Everman-28

i'll go with everman solely because i think they will have the defense to stop kennedales offense......it would be nice for 3A Kennedale to win though...just don't see it happening

kaorder1999
08-29-2006, 10:43 AM
everman!

charlesrixey
08-29-2006, 09:09 PM
amazing that this is possible.

Everman should win by four touchdowns, judging from how they have done in 4-a thus far, but this rivalry has continued to surprise.

Kennedale is not near as good as they were a few years ago, but neither is Everman. However, Everman should be very good this year, eventually good enough that no amount of bad blood can erase it. Even Pilot Point has been killed by Celina in most of the last five meetings, and it just might be this year that Everman plays up to 4-a standards in this game. It seems they can in all of the other ones.

kenncat
08-29-2006, 09:18 PM
kennedale hasnt lost to a 4a school since i could remember, and if so tell me who. This could be Everman's chance but i doubt it when the 07's played freshman year Kennedale won 28-6 its gonna be a great game.

K-TOWN
08-29-2006, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by kenncat
kennedale hasnt lost to a 4a school since i could remember, and if so tell me who. This could be Everman's chance but i doubt it when the 07's played freshman year Kennedale won 28-6 its gonna be a great game.

interesting fact, if i recall clearly ya'll did beat them as freshmen. but kenncat its been 3 years since 07 freshmen years. Teams change But from what i have heard the senior class at kenendale is one of the largest they have ever seen in kennedale's history

Where's all the everman posters ?

2 days till kick off !

bleedgreen
08-31-2006, 08:34 AM
This is my first post since last season. We begin again. Good luck Wildcats.