Sweeny
Needville
Brookshire Royal
Sealy
Stafford
Columbus

LH Panther Mom
08-27-2006, 08:01 PM
Well, I have to say I think we will do better than 3rd, but only time will tell. I definitely hope we prove you wrong. :D

PHS Wildcats
08-27-2006, 08:06 PM
Palestine Westwood will suprise some teams in 19 3A. They'll do better than last. Fairfield will not finish 3rd.

Bull's-eye
08-27-2006, 08:07 PM
Bellville over Giddings? Most people have Giddings favored to win district 23-3A. These two teams will play at Giddings and Giddings did defeat Bellville in the playoffs. :thinking:

AggiesAreWe
08-27-2006, 08:56 PM
Silsbee will finish no worst than second in district 21-3A. Jasper looks pretty down this year after losing both their scrimmages by scores of 26-7, 32-7. Yes, they were to good 4A schools( PNG and Nederland ) but Silsbee scrimmaged Nederland the week before Jasper played them and Silsbee shutout Nederland 7-0. I think Jasper and Bridge City will battle it out for that third spot.

neck_06
08-27-2006, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328

District 24-3A
WEST COLUMBIA
Wharton
Sweeny
Needville
Brookshire Royal
Sealy
Stafford
Columbus

A!!!! <====(freshman aggie yell)

buffpride
08-27-2006, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
Bellville over Giddings? Most people have Giddings favored to win district 23-3A. These two teams will play at Giddings and Giddings did defeat Bellville in the playoffs. :thinking:

This one should be a heck of a great matchup, quite possibly for the district title.

Hupernikomen
08-27-2006, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by AggiesAreWe
Silsbee will finish no worst than second in district 21-3A. Jasper looks pretty down this year after losing both their scrimmages by scores of 26-7, 32-7. Yes, they were to good 4A schools( PNG and Nederland ) but Silsbee scrimmaged Nederland the week before Jasper played them and Silsbee shutout Nederland 7-0. I think Jasper and Bridge City will battle it out for that third spot.

Jasper handled Silsbee pretty easily last year and brings back a lot of talent. Don't assume you have that 2nd spot wrapped up.

BC is my favorite for 2nd, if not first. Dishon just might give Earl Thomas a race for District MVP.

zeke
08-28-2006, 12:48 PM
PHS Wildcats, Sorry not in agreement with ya. I believe Westwood went winless during district play over 2 seasons back in 2002 and 2003 when they were in the same district as Fairfield, Mexia, Madisonville, and Groesbeck. Although this is a new season with different players, the thing that is the same is that each of these teams with the exception of Westwood has tasted some playoff success over the last decade....they are all football towns.

When I look at last years football schedule(2005) only one common opponent surfaces between Fairfield and Palestine High and Westwood.....and that would be Crockett. Crockett defeated all 3 teams...Fairfield by a 7 point differential....Palestine High by a 16 point differential...Palestine Westwood by a 32 point differential. Personally I would have predicted a very close game last season if Palestine High and Fairfield had met.

From what I've read, Palestine returns 7 on offense. Haven't heard how many return on defense.

Fairfield returns 7 players on offense and 7 on defense. This is a very talented senior class in Fairfield. As 7th graders, 8th graders, and Freshmen, they went undefeated in football.

If everybody stays healthy, the week 10 matchup between Fairfield and Palestine High ought to be a doozie!!!

neck_94
08-28-2006, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye

Bellville is loaded, bottom line.

eagles_victory
08-28-2006, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by PHS Wildcats
Palestine Westwood will suprise some teams in 19 3A. They'll do better than last. Fairfield will not finish 3rd. :hand: you must be crazy if you think westwood is going to finish before us Zeke maybe overrating us a little but we will be pretty good so dont write us off just yet. Zeke you think the football is good wait till u see them in basketball.

LH Panther Mom
09-02-2006, 02:02 PM
ttt

Hindsight2020
09-02-2006, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by Hupernikomen
BC is my favorite for 2nd, if not first. Dishon just might give Earl Thomas a race for District MVP.
I don't think BC will make the playoffs this year. There is no way they will beat WO-S.

PHS Wildcats
Originally posted by eagles_victory
:hand: you must be crazy if you think westwood is going to finish before us Zeke maybe overrating us a little but we will be pretty good so dont write us off just yet. Zeke you think the football is good wait till u see them in basketball.

I still think Westwood will finish ahead of Fairfield, it's my opinion, that's all it is.

GS#17
21-3A is a cluster right now... WOS looks to be strong and K'ville has looked impressive. Despite a weak showing against Lumberton in a scrimmage, I think Silsbee will be a playoff contender, as well. BC struggled against Liberty last night and against a pretty weak 4A little cypress in their scrimmage, so I'm a little concerned about their chances, and with Jasper losing to Livingston and not showing much in their scrimmages, I think they have an uphill battle on their hands. Look for Orangefield to ruin someone's season, also. They're much stronger than most people have given them credit for being.

mwynn05
09-02-2006, 02:33 PM
Fairifeld looked all right until the 2nd half last night then i dont know what happened to them....they looked to be having a difficult time getting used to the new offense i think they will improve greatly through out the year maybe making the playoffs dont be surprised to see them start 0-4 though..it will take some time

Hupernikomen
09-02-2006, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by GS#17
21-3A is a cluster right now... WOS looks to be strong and K'ville has looked impressive. Despite a weak showing against Lumberton in a scrimmage, I think Silsbee will be a playoff contender, as well. BC struggled against Liberty last night and against a pretty weak 4A little cypress in their scrimmage, so I'm a little concerned about their chances, and with Jasper losing to Livingston and not showing much in their scrimmages, I think they have an uphill battle on their hands. Look for Orangefield to ruin someone's season, also. They're much stronger than most people have given them credit for being.

Sounds about right..

With the way people are playing WO-S, Silsbee and Kirbyville appear to be the early favorites.

Bearkat
09-02-2006, 05:38 PM
I see it like this:

WO-S/Silsbee (could go either way)
Jasper

Bridge City can't match overall team speed with these 3 teams. Kirbyville doesn't have the talent to match these 3.

Crow22
09-02-2006, 06:07 PM
Needville will be better than 4th in that district. 8-4 last year with almost everybody returning.

Matthew....gotta REALLY disagree on that one....

Pudlugger
09-02-2006, 07:48 PM
No way La Grange ends up 4th in district. Watch and see.

hereandnow
09-03-2006, 02:18 AM
Originally posted by Pudlugger
No way La Grange ends up 4th in district. Watch and see.

So you think LG is better than Caldwell?

LHMom
09-23-2006, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328
Division 1 team in bold

District 18-3A
HUTTO
Cameron Yoe
Liberty Hill
Taylor
Rockdale

Would love to hear everyone's prediction on 18-3A at this point in the season.

Pudlugger
09-23-2006, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by hereandnow
So you think LG is better than Caldwell?

I think they will end up better than 4th. Matthew 328 has them 5th and no way they will lose 4 games in district. Between Giddings, Bellville, Caldwell, Navasota and La Grange a lot can happen. It would not surprise me if the district title ends in a tie as I doubt even Giddings will go 5-0. There will be some upsets in this district. You see this all the time in 6 team districts with 4 or 5 good teams. Caldwell, Navasota and La Grange might play the spoiler for the two favorites Giddings and Bellville :cool:

KL3
09-23-2006, 03:49 PM
1. Giddings
2. Bellville
3. Navasota
4. I'll go with LG here, b/c they play Caldwell @ home.
5. Caldwell
6. Smithville

Pudlugger
09-23-2006, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by KL3
1. Giddings
2. Bellville
3. Navasota
4. I'll go with LG here, b/c they play Caldwell @ home.
5. Caldwell
6. Smithville

Caldwell shows me more than the Rattler's at this point in the season. Maybe they will improve if injuries are a factor. You never know.