PDA

View Full Version : Region I Game of the Week (Zero): Snyder vs Monahans (8/31)

LH Panther Mom
08-27-2006, 02:22 PM
In a rematch of the 2005 playoff game, the Snyder Tigers and Monahans Loboes will travel to Midland to meet at Grande Stadium.

Monahans lost a hoss in Sam Graves to graduation, but returns other key players from the 2005 team. "The word on tha street" is that some may not be playing this game. If that is the case, can Coach Owens rally the rest of the team to make up for the loss of these players and repeat the win?

Snyder's Lance Day returns this season after spending much of last season out with injuries. Several other players return from the 9-2 2005 team. The Tigers will be looking to avenge last year's 28-21 playoff loss. Do they have what it takes?

Stownhorse
08-27-2006, 02:59 PM
Loboe's fershizzle

MagicMan
08-27-2006, 03:31 PM
why cant the choices just be monahans or snyder? or at least take out the too close to call option. i hate that

LH Panther Mom
08-27-2006, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by MagicMan
or at least take out the too close to call option. i hate that
done

Phantom Stang
08-27-2006, 05:06 PM
Monahans will be dealling with finding replacements for players that have been benched, as well as those who have moved. I think Snyder takes this one.
With that having been said, the Loboes will be a force to be reckoned with, come playoff time.

Snydertigersrul
08-27-2006, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by Phantom Stang
Monahans will be dealling with finding replacements for players that have been benched, as well as those who have moved. I think Snyder takes this one.
With that having been said, the Loboes will be a force to be reckoned with, come playoff time.

Good analysis. If the starters don't play for Monahans, Snyder will win by a comfortable margin, probably two touchdowns. If they do play, it's a game too close to call at this point. I'll wait and see when the two teams take the field if the starters for Monahans are there or not.

Adidas4I0s
08-27-2006, 07:07 PM
Snyder by 15-20

Snydertigersrul
08-27-2006, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by Adidas4I0s
Snyder by 15-20

I learned a long time ago not to believe rumors. We'll see if they dress out for Thursday's game in Midland.

sweetwater07
08-27-2006, 07:26 PM
i say Monahans.....the reason being..snyder doesn't seem to be returning the impact players from last year...whereas monahans didn't lose many ppl...monahans by 10

DaHop72
08-27-2006, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by sweetwater07
i say Monahans.....the reason being..snyder doesn't seem to be returning the impact players from last year...whereas monahans didn't lose many ppl...monahans by 10 I think it will surprise you how many returning players will have an impact. I guess Thursday night will tell the tale.

sweetwater07
08-27-2006, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
I think it will surprise you how many returning players will have an impact. I guess Thursday night will tell the tale.

well snyder always has a way of surprising me...i will be pulling for them though...(mark this down DaHop)

wordonthastreet
08-27-2006, 08:35 PM
Snyder lost key starters from last years team just like Monahans did. Monahans dominated Abilene Wylie in a scrimmage last week with a bunch of new faces. I think the Loboes can more than hold their own. Thats the word on the street.

3afan
08-27-2006, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
done

dang, I would have voted "too close to call"

sweetwater07
08-27-2006, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by wordonthastreet
Snyder lost key starters from last years team just like Monahans did. Monahans dominated Abilene Wylie in a scrimmage last week with a bunch of new faces. I think the Loboes can more than hold their own. Thats the word on the street.

i concur.
.though i want snyder to win

DaHop72
08-27-2006, 08:42 PM
I voted Snyder in a close one.:D

sweetwater07
08-27-2006, 08:45 PM
I voted Snyder in a close one.:D

Homer....:D

Phantom Stang
08-27-2006, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by Phantom Stang
Disclaimer: I should have said "reportedly have been benched", because I have no way of knowing if thats truely the case.

However, I won't edit it, since it's already been quoted in original form by another poster.

DaHop72
08-27-2006, 09:17 PM
Homer....:D :evillol: :evillol: :evillol: :evillol:

WTF-82
08-27-2006, 10:00 PM
Just got word that Roberson the Monahans RB will play this week. Word is he has completed his suspensions. But the returning Linebacker is suspended for the rest of the year.

Snydertigersrul
08-27-2006, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by ***-82
Just got word that Roberson the Monahans RB will play this week. Word is he has completed his suspensions. But the returning Linebacker is suspended for the rest of the year.

Robertson's return doesn't matter, the Tigers still win by two touchdowns. Check last year's stats, 10 carries for 43 yards.

loboes86
08-27-2006, 10:10 PM
We'll check the stats but it seemed like they were more interested in giving the ball to Sam last year. Roberson also rushed for 1200 yards and 13 T.Ds last year.

WTF-82
08-27-2006, 10:19 PM
Yeah but that was last year this the kid will take up the slack from Graves. Trust me if Roberson would of got the ball more he would of broke 100 also he is the back that had the better game against Sweetewater last year and trust me Snyder Defense is nothing compared to Sweetwater Defense. Soon as Monahans young offensive line comes together you will start seeing some special things from the Loboes.

Snydertigersrul
08-27-2006, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by loboes86
We'll check the stats but it seemed like they were more interested in giving the ball to Sam last year. Roberson also rushed for 1200 yards and 13 T.Ds last year.

Snyder's defense is not Lamesa or Seminole. I read his stats last year before the playoff game and most of his yardage came against weaker teams.

Snydertigersrul
08-27-2006, 10:23 PM

Snyder's defense will be better than last year and more agreesive and physical. Remember they only gave up on the average seven points a game last year.

loboes86
08-27-2006, 10:39 PM
I thought Snyder had a good defense last year ? Wasn't it called the black curtain or black cloak defense or sumthin like that?

Snydertigersrul
08-27-2006, 10:44 PM
I thought Snyder had a good defense last year ? Wasn't it called the black curtain or black cloak defense or sumthin like that?

Since Chad Rogers took over the program, defense has always been the team's strong point.

WTF-82
08-27-2006, 10:49 PM
Come on now I thought last year Snyder Defense was the best ever returned 9 starters back from Snyder only DECEMBER FOOTBALL appearance. Had all world Linebackers. Know Tiger faithful saying this years Defense is better. We shall see about that through out the year.

wordonthastreet
08-28-2006, 06:29 AM
I think Monahans had the best defense in the Permian Basin last year. The Lobo defense will be very good again from what my friend told me who went to the scrimmage. Thats the word on the street.

BMOC
08-28-2006, 09:29 AM
If I can recall, Snyder had a very good senior class last year, but still played a load of underclassmen. I remember that a few key players were sophomores, and I think some freshmen were on their varsity roster as well. When Wylie showed up in snyder last year, I was surprised by all the young players on the roster, and the field. I am not too sure on how the Loboes stack up in experience, but I am sure they will be ready. I am iving my edge to Snyder, when they decide to play, they are pretty tough to beat.

vet93
08-28-2006, 10:00 AM
I am a big Mickey Owens fan...he is a great coach and motivator. However, in an evenly matched game like this I feel that Snyder has the greater motivation to win the game. I will take Snyder in a close one.

STANG RED
08-28-2006, 10:32 AM
I'll pick Snyder in a low scoring close one. 17 - 14 Snyder. Should be a good defensive game. Hopefully Snyder learned from their secondary mistakes last year, to cover the late releasing TE on the playaction. Thats the only thing that beat them last season aginst these Loboes.

DaHop72
08-28-2006, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
I'll pick Snyder in a low scoring close one. 17 - 14 Snyder. Should be a good defensive game. Hopefully Snyder learned from their secondary mistakes last year, to cover the late releasing TE on the playaction. Thats the only thing that beat them last season aginst these Loboes. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: Great analysis Stang.

Texas-Fight
08-28-2006, 11:52 PM
Snyder

Stownhorse
08-29-2006, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by Texas-Fight
Snyder

Monahans.....read my location...it'll be the day that I die when I want snyder to win

Tiger Baseball
08-29-2006, 08:03 AM
Originally posted by Stownhorse
Monahans.....read my location...it'll be the day that I die when I want snyder to win

Kinda sounds like an str quote! :D

sweetwater07
08-29-2006, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by Snydertigersrul
Robertson's return doesn't matter, the Tigers still win by two touchdowns. Check last year's stats, 10 carries for 43 yards.

would you like your crow deep fried, stir fried, or just plain ole baked??

sweetwater07
08-29-2006, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by Stownhorse

now now lefty...gotta pull for the ole' 4-3A...regardless of if it is our rival

EricDraven
08-29-2006, 12:46 PM
Snyder in a battle. Good luck to both squads.

HAN SING
08-29-2006, 08:04 PM
Han Sing over hear Little Joe and Hoss talking about game. Little Joe think Snyder will win big because of quarterback advantage. Hoss disagree. Hoss say Snyder win in close one because of good Defense. Han Sing think it will be a close game but have to go with crouching Tiger in jungle. Enough talk , have to get back to laundry. bye bye.

Snyder_TigerFan
08-29-2006, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by HAN SING
Han Sing over hear Little Joe and Hoss talking about game. Little Joe think Snyder will win big because of quarterback advantage. Hoss disagree. Hoss say Snyder win in close one because of good Defense. Han Sing think it will be a close game but have to go with crouching Tiger in jungle. Enough talk , have to get back to laundry. bye bye. :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Ranger Mom
08-29-2006, 09:56 PM
now now lefty...gotta pull for the ole' 4-3A...regardless of if it is our rival

But.....they aren't 4-3A anymore!!

panther_101
08-29-2006, 10:19 PM
Monahans over Snyder. Loboes have always had Snyders number for some reason.

TigerPride
08-29-2006, 10:46 PM
Snyder by 10. GO TIGERS!

Stownhorse
08-29-2006, 10:55 PM
Ive got better grass then that^ growing in the cracks of my sidewalk

TigerPride
08-29-2006, 11:30 PM
Say what you will about our grass field. We all know, it's not artificial turf like yall have. At least us snyder folks can go out to our field every friday night and watch the Tigers and feel good about our grass turf. It's called taking pride in something you own. Can mustang fans say the same, when yall look over yalls unpaid artificial turf? Kinda takes the pride out of the mustang bowl.

DaHop72
08-29-2006, 11:53 PM
Oh my gosh, here we go again. Enough about the bad grass and turf that isn't paid for. I think we need to drop it and talk about football. Thursday night Grande, be there or be square. Now, isn't that better.:devil: :devil: :devil:

TigerPride
08-30-2006, 12:06 AM
Sam graves had something like 28 carries for 155 yards against us last year.If they really thought this kid was even at the same level as Graves they would have split downs. Just like Sweetwater does with their backs. He maybe in okay back, but were going to see okay backs all season.Untill the playoffs. I hope he does play, and that the Tigers defense shuts him down. That way we want hear any excuses. GO TIGERS!

Snydertigersrul
08-30-2006, 07:05 AM
Originally posted by TigerPride
Sam graves had something like 28 carries for 155 yards against us last year.If they really thought this kid was even at the same level as Graves they would have split downs. Just like Sweetwater does with their backs. He maybe in okay back, but were going to see okay backs all season.Untill the playoffs. I hope he does play, and that the Tigers defense shuts him down. That way we want hear any excuses. GO TIGERS!

Robertson is going to play. I would not want it any other way. You want to be a team when they are at their best. Monahans also has many more good players than Robertson, he's not the only concern for the Tigers.

mustang04
08-30-2006, 01:51 PM
Can mustang fans say the same, when yall look over yalls unpaid artificial turf? Kinda takes the pride out of the mustang bowl.

actually..it really doesnt...i take pride in it regardless...and i take pride in it every time i hear someone down here at ASU brag about it cuz they played on it in their highschool football days in the playoffs

STANG RED
08-30-2006, 02:23 PM

In their game against us, I actually thought Robertson looked like the faster and more athletic back of the two. Graves really didnt do much against us, but Robertson made some really good runs. Of course we were keying on Graves alot more to. But believe me, Robertson is a very good running back!

injuredinmelee
08-30-2006, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by ***-82
Yeah but that was last year this the kid will take up the slack from Graves. Trust me if Roberson would of got the ball more he would of broke 100 also he is the back that had the better game against Sweetewater last year and trust me Snyder Defense is nothing compared to Sweetwater Defense. Soon as Monahans young offensive line comes together you will start seeing some special things from the Loboes.

thw running back i watched last year in the playoff game for monahans didnt seem to like contact. I dont know if that is the case or he just had an off night but just going by what I saw I wouldnt be betting the farm on him leading the Loboes past the Tigers. I may not be a big snyder fan.. actually i detest them because of a certain couple of posters here.. but I wil pick em.

Stownhorse
08-30-2006, 03:26 PM

What okay backs are yall gunna face up till the playoffs?

Sweetwater Red
08-30-2006, 04:34 PM
Say what you will about our grass field. We all know, it's not artificial turf like yall have. At least us snyder folks can go out to our field every friday night and watch the Tigers and feel good about our grass turf. It's called taking pride in something you own. Can mustang fans say the same, when yall look over yalls unpaid artificial turf? Kinda takes the pride out of the mustang bowl.

:rolleyes:

DaHop72
08-30-2006, 04:40 PM
Oh my gosh, here we go again. Enough about the bad grass and turf that isn't paid for. I think we need to drop it and talk about football. Thursday night Grande, be there or be square. Now, isn't that better.

And again, can we not drop this and concentrate on football.

Sweetwater Red
08-30-2006, 04:48 PM
Oh my gosh, here we go again. Enough about the bad grass and turf that isn't paid for. I think we need to drop it and talk about football. Thursday night Grande, be there or be square. Now, isn't that better.

And again, can we not drop this and concentrate on football.

The poster that I rolled my eyes at is going to be in the car with
us on the way to Midland. It was kind of an inside joke. :D

DaHop72
08-30-2006, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
The poster that I rolled my eyes at is going to be in the car with
us on the way to Midland. It was kind of an inside joke. :D A Tiger fan is riding with you guys to Grande?:thinking: :thinking:

Sweetwater Red
08-30-2006, 04:55 PM
A Tiger fan is riding with you guys to Grande?:thinking: :thinking:

Yep!

In a Ford Mustang at that...:D .

DaHop72
08-30-2006, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
Yep!

In a Ford Mustang at that...:D . Boy, just when you think you've heard it all.
By the way, is he the one that's bi-partisan??

Sweetwater Red
08-30-2006, 05:06 PM
Boy, just when you think you've heard it all.
By the way, is he the one that's bi-partisan??

No, I'm pretty sure he's 100% tiger.

WTF-82
08-31-2006, 08:00 AM
OK,

HERE IS MY THURSDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL PRECICTION !!!

MONAHANS 23
SNYDER 17

SNYDER HAS GOT A GOOD FOOTBALL TEAM BUT I GOT TO GO WITH OWENS AND HIS STAFF THIS MAN JUST FLAT OUT KNOW HOW TO WIN BIG GAMES. ALSO MONAHANS HAS A PRETTY GOOD QB THEMSELVES SOMEONE THAT WAS GOING TO START LAST YEAR
BUT LOBOES WENT WITH THE SENIOR LAST AND HE DID A GREAT JOB.