PDA

View Full Version : AP Football Poll

Snydertigersrul
08-27-2006, 01:41 PM
The AP football poll came out this morning with a mild surprise at the top. Cuero snagged the No. 1 spot ahead of Gilmer. West Orange-Stark is third followed by Texarkana Liberty-Eylau, Cameron Yoe, Wimberly, Giddings, Hutto, Palestine and Celine. Snyder, Sweetwater and Wylie received votes, but not enough to make the top 10. It's the first time in a couple of years with not at least one West Texas team in the poll. How does everyone feel about it? Of course, this is a preseason poll and I'm sure it will change.

wyliegrad04
08-27-2006, 01:43 PM
seems pretty good to me ... I thought Sweetwater would have made top 10 ...

Wylie is going to be interesting to watch ... Edwards as a QB is a change, but he will be good I'm sure. How did he do in the scrimmage?

wos fan1
08-27-2006, 01:45 PM
Can you post the poll?

Phantom Stang
08-27-2006, 01:51 PM
I thought the AP Poll comes out on Tuesdays.:confused:

Gobbler Fan
08-27-2006, 01:56 PM
Cuero #1 ? Nope top 5 but not #1 imo . Gilmer is the #1 with that many Div.1 prospect's on a 3a team how can you not be ranked ahead of everyone else .

Snydertigersrul
08-27-2006, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by Phantom Stang
I thought the AP Poll comes out on Tuesdays.:confused:

Preseason poll always comes out on the Sunday before the first game. The season polls come out on Tuesdays.

Snydertigersrul
08-27-2006, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by Gobbler Fan
Cuero #1 ? Nope top 5 but not #1 imo . Gilmer is the #1 with that many Div.1 prospect's on a 3a team how can you not be ranked ahead of everyone else .

Easy, 12 voters voted Cuero No. 1 while Gilmer received seven No. 1 votes. The other first-place vote went to Wimberly.

Snydertigersrul
08-27-2006, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by wos fan1
Can you post the poll?

Cuero (12) 191
Gilmer (7) 160
West Orange-Stark 135
Texarkana Liberty-Eylau 106
Cameron Yoe 97
Wimberly (1) 96
Giddings 85
Hutto 42
Palestine 38
Celina 28

Others receiving votes: Sweetwater 27, Carthage 26, Bellville 20, Abilene Wylie 15, Dallas Madison 11, Snyder 6, Van n4, Medina Valley 3, Canton 3, Jasper 2, Gainesville 2, Kennerdale 1, Rusk 1, Canyon 1

3afan
08-27-2006, 02:06 PM
nm

3afan
08-27-2006, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by Gobbler Fan

half the people who vote have no clue about Gilmer and what they have ... they only know about their immediate area or even just the schools that their paper covers

Snydertigersrul
08-27-2006, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
half the people who vote have no clue about Gilmer and what they have ... they only know about their immediate area or even just the schools that their paper covers

They know very well and more than half of the voters live within 100 miles of Gilmer.

Phantom Stang
08-27-2006, 02:08 PM
Looks legit.
Thanks for posting it!

PPHSfan
08-27-2006, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by Snydertigersrul
Cuero (12) 191
Gilmer (7) 160
West Orange-Stark 135
Texarkana Liberty-Eylau 106
Cameron Yoe 97
Wimberly (1) 96
Giddings 85
Hutto 42
Palestine 38
Celina 28

Others receiving votes: Sweetwater 27, Carthage 26, Bellville 20, Abilene Wylie 15, Dallas Madison 11, Snyder 6, Van n4, Medina Valley 3, Canton 3, Jasper 2, Gainesville 2, Kennerdale 1, Rusk 1, Canyon 1

I wonder what part of the country Wimberly's first place vote came from?

Snydertigersrul
08-27-2006, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by Phantom Stang
Looks legit.
Thanks for posting it!

No problem. If you notice, Sweetwater was one point out of No. 10. The poll usually changes every week, especially early in the season.

3afan
08-27-2006, 02:29 PM
They know very well and more than half of the voters live within 100 miles of Gilmer.

no, the AP poll is very regionally biased, you'll see as the season goes on ----- or better yet, look at the individual voters' polls ... this is discussed here every year

Snydertigersrul
08-27-2006, 02:33 PM
no, the AP poll is very regionally biased, you'll see as the season goes on ----- or better yet, look at the individual voters' polls ... this is discussed here every year

Could it be that you are upset that Formey has not been a dominant team in 4A, like in 3A?

3afan
08-27-2006, 02:41 PM
ha - are you serious?

yeah, thats it ...

OMG

MagicMan
08-27-2006, 03:21 PM
yay im the first person thats gonna say this which will be repeated about a hundred thousand times. this is the universal response for posters whose team is not in the top 10 or they just dont know what teams are good...

POLLS DONT MEAN ANYTHING. THE LAST TEAM STANDING IS ALL THE MATTERS.

3afan
08-27-2006, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by MagicMan
yay im the first person thats gonna say this ........

THE LAST TIME STANDING IS ALL THE MATTERS.

you're not just the first, you're probably the only person that will ever say that!!!

Adidas4I0s
08-27-2006, 03:37 PM

and the majority of AP voters will come from the DFW area...and then the Houston market. So one would think that any potential regional bias would be in favor of schools in the DFW area and to the east.

gobbler grad
yay im the first person thats gonna say this

POLLS DONT MEAN ANYTHING. THE LAST TIME STANDING IS ALL THE MATTERS.

:confused: :confused: :confused:

MagicMan
you're not just the first, you're probably the only person that will ever say that!!!

sorry i said team in hindi

MagicMan
08-27-2006, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by gobbler grad
:confused: :confused: :confused:

omg are you that freakin retarded that you cant figure out i typed time instead of team? geez

Adidas4I0s
08-27-2006, 03:40 PM
omg are you that freakin retarded that you cant figure out i typed time instead of team? geez

either way...to say you were the first person to say that is absolutely retarded. I think that's what 3Afan was pointing out! :thumbsup:

gobbler grad
08-27-2006, 03:41 PM
i knew what you meant, just joking with ya...:p

3afan
08-27-2006, 03:41 PM
just messing with ya - chill out!!! ;)

3afan
08-27-2006, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by Adidas4I0s
and the majority of AP voters will come from the DFW area...and then the Houston market. So one would think that any potential regional bias would be in favor of schools in the DFW area and to the east.

could be true, probably is -- but we'll have to see the voting list this year to be sure ... i havent seen it yet

PPHSfan
08-27-2006, 03:49 PM
could be true, probably is -- but we'll have to see the voting list this year to be sure ... i havent seen it yet

At least one voter is close to Wimberly

Snydertigersrul
08-27-2006, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by PPHSfan
At least one voter is close to Wimberly

The poll consists of 20 sportswriters who cover high school football. Each region has five representatives from different newspapers. The only exception is Craig Wray at Sports Xtra who gets a vote.

PPHSfan
08-27-2006, 03:57 PM

That would be a reason for Gilmer to NOT be number one, as the number one votes would spread out amongst several dfw teams.

lostaussie
08-27-2006, 04:08 PM

again you have no clue what you are talking about. i have the list:D

DALLAS — The voters in the 2006 Associated Press high school football poll:

Bret Bloomquist, El Paso Times not within 500 miles

David Campbell, Waco Tribune-Herald about 160 miles

Rick Cantu, Austin American-Statesman 5 1/2 hours at my speed

Miguel Castro, The Brownsville Herald to far to guess

Robert Cessna, Bryan-College Station Eagle guessing 150

Roger Clarkson, Amarillo Globe-News other side of the world

Chris Gove, Odessa American can't get there from here

Tom Halliburton, Port Arthur News 300 miles

Sam Khan, Houston Chronicle 225 miles

Tim MacMahon, The Dallas Morning News 120 miles

Gary Martin, Rosenberg Herald-Coaster don't even know where it is

Dan McCarney, San Antonio Express-News another hour farther than austin

Mark Miller, Killeen Daily Herald 2 1/2 hours

Andy Newberry, Wichita Falls Times Record News i'll let you know friday cause that where i'm going

Evan Ren, Abilene Reporter-News 6 hours

Benny Rogers, Athens Daily Review hey you got one right!!!!!!

George Watson, Lubbock Avalanche-Journal is that in Texas

Craig Way, High School Extra probably in dallas????

Nathan Wright, San Angelo Standard-Times 6 1/2 hours

Eric Zarate, Fort Worth Star-Telegram 150 miles.

3afan
08-27-2006, 04:20 PM
thanks for finding the voters list

Emerson1
08-27-2006, 04:25 PM
Craig Way is in Austin.

Snydertigersrul
08-27-2006, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by lostaussie
again you have no clue what you are talking about. i have the list:D

DALLAS — The voters in the 2006 Associated Press high school football poll:

Bret Bloomquist, El Paso Times not within 500 miles

David Campbell, Waco Tribune-Herald about 160 miles

Rick Cantu, Austin American-Statesman 5 1/2 hours at my speed

Miguel Castro, The Brownsville Herald to far to guess

Robert Cessna, Bryan-College Station Eagle guessing 150

Roger Clarkson, Amarillo Globe-News other side of the world

Chris Gove, Odessa American can't get there from here

Tom Halliburton, Port Arthur News 300 miles

Sam Khan, Houston Chronicle 225 miles

Tim MacMahon, The Dallas Morning News 120 miles

Gary Martin, Rosenberg Herald-Coaster don't even know where it is

Dan McCarney, San Antonio Express-News another hour farther than austin

Mark Miller, Killeen Daily Herald 2 1/2 hours

Andy Newberry, Wichita Falls Times Record News i'll let you know friday cause that where i'm going

Evan Ren, Abilene Reporter-News 6 hours

Benny Rogers, Athens Daily Review hey you got one right!!!!!!

George Watson, Lubbock Avalanche-Journal is that in Texas

Craig Way, High School Extra probably in dallas????

Nathan Wright, San Angelo Standard-Times 6 1/2 hours

Eric Zarate, Fort Worth Star-Telegram 150 miles.

FYI, I'm friends with over half of them. I've driven through many times going to Texarkana. I love that Mexican place on the left in the middle of town. My main question on Gilmer if all of those talented players can blend together into a team. Cuero had the most talent than anyone the last two years, even more than Tatum, and could not win a state title.

PPHSfan
08-27-2006, 04:45 PM
FYI, I'm friends with over half of them. I've driven through many times going to Texarkana. I love that Mexican place on the left in the middle of town. My main question on Gilmer if all of those talented players can blend together into a team. Cuero had the most talent than anyone the last two years, even more than Tatum, and could not win a state title.

Well Gilmer and Cuero both have won before, so what exactly is the question?

MagicMan
08-27-2006, 05:03 PM
either way...to say you were the first person to say that is absolutely retarded. I think that's what 3Afan was pointing out! :thumbsup:

i actually just meant i was the first person to say it this year. i think its funny how there are at least 5 people saying polls dont matter every week it comes out.

Snydertigersrul
08-27-2006, 05:07 PM
i actually just meant i was the first person to say it this year. i think its funny how there are at least 5 people saying polls dont matter every week it comes out.

Coaches always say that and then become the first to complain when they think their team should be ranked. All that matters is getting to the playoffs and let the players settle it. Polls do create excitement and a conversation piece.

PPHSfan
08-27-2006, 05:16 PM
Some "Polls" are not really polls at all. For Instance, some here have referred to Matthew's top 25 as a poll, when in fact it is not. The AP is a genuine poll. POLLS do mean something though. They mean exactly what they are......a list of opinion.

MagicMan
08-27-2006, 05:16 PM
i guess based on the past 30 years all the voters expect cuero to have a great o-line so they were ranked #1. noack might break a few passing records this year.

44INAROW
08-27-2006, 05:51 PM
noack might break a few passing records this year.

I for one hope you are correct :)

lostaussie
08-27-2006, 06:01 PM
FYI, I'm friends with over half of them. I've driven through many times going to Texarkana. I love that Mexican place on the left in the middle of town. My main question on Gilmer if all of those talented players can blend together into a team. Cuero had the most talent than anyone the last two years, even more than Tatum, and could not win a state title. you may be best friends with every one of them, it matters not to me. your original statement said half of them were in a 100 mile radius of Gilmer. that staement was, shall we say, an untruth.

Snydertigersrul
08-27-2006, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by lostaussie
you may be best friends with every one of them, it matters not to me. your original statement said half of them were in a 100 mile radius of Gilmer. that staement was, shall we say, an untruth.

All of them are paid pros and that is their job, writing about high school football in Texas. They don't have any regional bias. Who knows, the third time might be the charm for Cuero, who most likely will play in Division II. I'm looking forward in hearing the score when Gilmer plays Tatum.

lostaussie
08-27-2006, 06:13 PM
All of them are paid pros and that is their job, writing about high school football in Texas. They don't have any regional bias. Who knows, the third time might be the charm for Cuero, who most likely will play in Division II. I'm looking forward in hearing the score when Gilmer plays Tatum. i have no problem with the poll. your original statement was taken by me as an insult. basically saying that the pollsters are all in our area and still voted Cuero #1. all i want is for you to get your facts straight. i don't have a problem with us being number 30. that was not what my post was about. there is 1 voter from athens within a 100 mile radius from us. that was my point.

PPHSfan
08-27-2006, 06:21 PM
Snydertigersrul is crawfishing:D

WOS87
08-27-2006, 06:49 PM
Wow...

5 of the 10 are in Region III
3 of the 10 are in Region II
2 of the 10 are in Region IV

The AP poll has traditionally leaned towards programs with a reputation (deserved or not) of success in the past

With 6 out of the 20 voters located in Region I (El Paso, Odessa, Wichita Falls, Abilene, Lubbock, San Angelo) it is a bit surprising that no Region I teams cracked the top 10.

big daddy russ
08-27-2006, 07:24 PM
Wow. No Bellville.

I'm not surprised that Wimberley got a first place vote. Even though they lost a bunch, nobody had rolled through 3A like that since either SLC way back in '88. I don't think anyone on this site really appreciates how dominant that Texans squad really was. And we're not talking about dominating a bunch of also-rans, we're talking three of five games against top-25 teams, two against top-five teams.

3afan
08-27-2006, 07:30 PM
All of them are paid pros and that is their job, writing about high school football in Texas. They don't have any regional bias. Who knows, the third time might be the charm for Cuero, who most likely will play in Division II. I'm looking forward in hearing the score when Gilmer plays Tatum.

yes they are all paid pros ... that doesnt mean they do their homework on a state wide basis -- and it shows in how they vote. just look close. sure some are better than other - the DMN guy has an obvious No Tex bias. i'd bet voting in this poll is way down the priority list for most of these guys.

I'm not saying thats bad, or that the poll is bad. the poll is what it is. we all have or biases whether we are willing to admit them or not.

but to say some don't have any regional biases is ... uuhhmm ... naive. :cool:

3afan
08-27-2006, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by WOS87

The AP poll has traditionally leaned towards programs with a reputation (deserved or not) of success in the past

BINGO

sweetwater07
08-27-2006, 07:32 PM
this AP poll is ridiculous......no west texas teams...laughable

PPHSfan
08-27-2006, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by sweetwater07

6 out of the 20 voters are located in Region I (El Paso, Odessa, Wichita Falls, Abilene, Lubbock, San Angelo)

Maybe they know something.:D

3afan
08-27-2006, 07:36 PM

eye opening IMO, surprising ..... but not necessarily ridiculous or laughable ...... only time well tell

MagicMan
08-27-2006, 07:39 PM
west texas football is a joke

3afan
08-27-2006, 07:41 PM
well, personally, I wouldnt go THAT far ......... example S'Water last year was a definite top 10 team

PPHSfan
08-27-2006, 07:41 PM

No it isn't.

Just Sweetwater is. :D

sweetwater07
08-27-2006, 07:42 PM

thats cute...:rolleyes: ...find a district that was tougher than 4-3A used to be........

MagicMan
08-27-2006, 07:43 PM
thats cute...:rolleyes: ...find a district that was tougher than 4-3A used to be........

hutto cameron and giddings... what were they?

3afan
08-27-2006, 07:43 PM
...... used to be........

gotta let it go .........

sweetwater07
08-27-2006, 07:45 PM
gotta let it go .........

wow my post was similar to blackmagic's...living in the past...lol

3afan
08-27-2006, 07:46 PM
wow my post was similar to blackmagic's...living in the past...lol

we're all guilty of that at some time or another ...

'cept me of course

sweetwater07
08-27-2006, 07:47 PM

ohh boooo......cameron=overrated....giddings??? never even heard of them...hutto didn;t give Tatum half of what we did in the state game

MagicMan
08-27-2006, 07:48 PM
i know they suck but i tried my best

Txbroadcaster
08-27-2006, 07:53 PM
East Texas fans have felt the regional bias for the last few years. At first it seemed it was just sour grapes from fans, but then you start looking at not only the AP polls but the AP All-State teams and u realize there is a lack of East Texas voters.

From Texarkanna down south to Lufkin and from Tyler East to Marshall there is ONE voter. Inside that area has seen atleast one state title winner the last 4 years, and in most years multiple state final apperance, yet the All-State teams have been devoid of some amazing players.

Have never understood how there is FIVE voters in the Austin, SA, College Station, Waco, and Killen area...but only ONE in All of NEast Tx

sweetwater07
08-27-2006, 07:54 PM
i know they suck but i tried my best

i'm sensing that comment was a little fecicous...:thinking: :thinking:

MagicMan
08-27-2006, 07:56 PM
well i know the refs let hutto win all those games so they could make friday night lights 2. i dont know how good they actually were last year

PPHSfan
08-27-2006, 07:57 PM
i'm sensing that comment was a little fecicous...:thinking: :thinking:

Facetious:mad:

:mad:

Spell it right.

sweetwater07
08-27-2006, 08:07 PM
Facetious:mad:

:mad:

Spell it right.

my mistake:D

c-town_balla
08-27-2006, 08:24 PM
how does an overrated team make the quarterfinals?

also I went and watched Sweetwater Tatum and Tatum Hutto and Hutto played Tatum MUCH better than sweetwater

sweetwater07
08-27-2006, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by c-town_balla
how does an overrated team make the quarterfinals?

also I went and watched Sweetwater Tatum and Tatum Hutto and Hutto played Tatum MUCH better than sweetwater

from the highlights...it didn't seem like it...Hutto seemed to be a good team..but i think we could have taken them....maybe a homer for yah....and as far as cameron goes...yall got the easy side of the bracket to get to the quarterfinals..hutto did the work for yall

D_bird
08-27-2006, 08:31 PM
Where are the actual AP polls at?

Snydertigersrul
08-27-2006, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
East Texas fans have felt the regional bias for the last few years. At first it seemed it was just sour grapes from fans, but then you start looking at not only the AP polls but the AP All-State teams and u realize there is a lack of East Texas voters.

From Texarkanna down south to Lufkin and from Tyler East to Marshall there is ONE voter. Inside that area has seen atleast one state title winner the last 4 years, and in most years multiple state final apperance, yet the All-State teams have been devoid of some amazing players.

Have never understood how there is FIVE voters in the Austin, SA, College Station, Waco, and Killen area...but only ONE in All of NEast Tx

You may be right about the poll, but every AP member newspaper in Texas has at least one vote for the all-state team. The number of votes is determined on the paper's circulation.

LH Panther Mom
08-27-2006, 08:55 PM
Looks like I've got some work to do tomorrow. :evillol: :evillol: :evillol:

Snydertigersrul
08-27-2006, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by D_bird
Where are the actual AP polls at?

Polls are published in AP member newspapers. They are not available online to non members.

PHS Wildcats
08-27-2006, 10:32 PM
Here's the poll for all classifications:

Class 5A
Team Rec Pts Pvs
1. Southlake Carroll (14) 16-0 189 1
2. Lufkin (6) 14-1 182 4
3. Garland 10-3 136 -
4. A&M Consolidated 11-3 107 -
5. Euless Trinity 14-1 81 -
6. Austin Westlake 9-2 72 -
7. The Woodlands 7-4 65 -
8. Cypress Falls 9-5 55 -
9. Smithson Valley 13-2 54 -
10. Galena Park North Shore 11-1 46 10

Also receiving votes: Katy 38, Lewisville Hebron 20, Richardson Berkner 11, Mesquite 9, Converse Judson 7, Spring Westfield 5, SA Madison 5, Abilene 3, Houston Cypress Creek 3, Leander 3, SA O'Connor 3, Allen 2, Longview 2, EP Franklin 1, Mansfield Summit 1.

Class 4A
Team Rec Pts Pvs
1. Brenham (13) 14-1 189 4
2. Texarkana (3) 9-2 154 6
3. Copperas Cove (3) 13-1 148 -
4. Stephenville 13-1 90 3
5. Corpus Christi Calallen 14-2 84 -
6. Denton Ryan 7-4 78 -
7. Rosenberg Lamar Consolidated 11-1 74 -
8. La Marque 12-1 69 1
9. Wolfforth Frenship 13-2 60 -
10. Highland Park (1) 15-0 43 2

Also receiving votes: Wichita Falls Rider 32, Aledo 21, Waco 16, Marshall 11, Houston Yates 5, Keller Fossil Ridge 5, Edcouch-Elsa 5, SA Alamo Heights 5, Pflugerville Connally 4, McKinney North 2, Kilgore 2, EP Riverside 1, Corsicana 1, Plainview 1.

Class 3A
Team Rec Pts Pvs
1. Cuero (12) 13-1 191 1
2. Gilmer (7) 10-2 160 -
3. West Orange-Stark 13-1 135 2
4. Texarkana Liberty-Eylau 10-3 106 -
5. Cameron Yoe 13-1 97 3
6. Wimberley (1) 15-0 96 5
7. Giddings 10-3 85 -
8. Hutto 13-3 42 -
9. Palestine 8-3 38 -
10. Celina 16-0 28 1

Also receiving votes: Sweetwater 27, Carthage 26, Bellville 20, Abilene Wylie 15, Dallas Madison 11, Snyder 6, Van 4, Medina Valley 3, Canton 3, Jasper 2, Gainesville 2, Kennedale 1, Rusk 1, Canyon 1.

Class 2A
Team Rec Pts Pvs
1. Tatum (20) 15-0 200 4
2. Crawford 13-1 140 5
3. Lexington 11-3 128 -
4. Newton 13-0 116 2
5. Early 12-2 114 -
6. Marlin 9-2 77 -
7. Jefferson 5-7 69 -
8. Mart 11-2 56 7
9. Hempstead 6-4 33 -
10. New Boston 6-4 30 -

Also receiving votes: Blanco 27, Paradise 27, Stratford 23, Boyd 16, Altair Rice 14, Childress 12, Arp 9, Wall 2, Lone Oak 2, Sanford-Fritch 2, Omaha Paul-Pewitt 1, Crane 1, Henrietta 1.

Class 1A
Team Rec Pts Pvs
1. Windthorst (15) 14-1 192 2
2. Chilton (5) 13-1 177 1
3. New Deal 10-2 121 4
4. Alto 9-2 119 10
5. Iola 12-2 103 -
6. Goldthwaite 10-1 100 3
7. Shiner 10-3 52 -
8. Roscoe 9-2 45 -
9. Brackettville 10-2 35 -
T10. Electra 6-5 27 -
T10. McCamey 11-1 27 7
T10. Wolfe City 7-4 27 -

Also receiving votes: Joaquin 14, Bremond 12, Grapeland 11, Nazareth 10, Falls City 8, Albany 6, La Villa 6, Thorndale 3, Sterling City 3, Memphis 2

Stownhorse
08-27-2006, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by PHS Wildcats
Here's the poll for all classifications:

Class 5A
Team Rec Pts Pvs
1. Southlake Carroll (14) 16-0 189 1
2. Lufkin (6) 14-1 182 4
3. Garland 10-3 136 -
4. A&M Consolidated 11-3 107 -
5. Euless Trinity 14-1 81 -
6. Austin Westlake 9-2 72 -
7. The Woodlands 7-4 65 -
8. Cypress Falls 9-5 55 -
9. Smithson Valley 13-2 54 -
10. Galena Park North Shore 11-1 46 10

Also receiving votes: Katy 38, Lewisville Hebron 20, Richardson Berkner 11, Mesquite 9, Converse Judson 7, Spring Westfield 5, SA Madison 5, Abilene 3, Houston Cypress Creek 3, Leander 3, SA O'Connor 3, Allen 2, Longview 2, EP Franklin 1, Mansfield Summit 1.

Class 4A
Team Rec Pts Pvs
1. Brenham (13) 14-1 189 4
2. Texarkana (3) 9-2 154 6
3. Copperas Cove (3) 13-1 148 -
4. Stephenville 13-1 90 3
5. Corpus Christi Calallen 14-2 84 -
6. Denton Ryan 7-4 78 -
7. Rosenberg Lamar Consolidated 11-1 74 -
8. La Marque 12-1 69 1
9. Wolfforth Frenship 13-2 60 -
10. Highland Park (1) 15-0 43 2

Also receiving votes: Wichita Falls Rider 32, Aledo 21, Waco 16, Marshall 11, Houston Yates 5, Keller Fossil Ridge 5, Edcouch-Elsa 5, SA Alamo Heights 5, Pflugerville Connally 4, McKinney North 2, Kilgore 2, EP Riverside 1, Corsicana 1, Plainview 1.

Class 3A
Team Rec Pts Pvs
1. Cuero (12) 13-1 191 1
2. Gilmer (7) 10-2 160 -
3. West Orange-Stark 13-1 135 2
4. Texarkana Liberty-Eylau 10-3 106 -
5. Cameron Yoe 13-1 97 3
6. Wimberley (1) 15-0 96 5
7. Giddings 10-3 85 -
8. Hutto 13-3 42 -
9. Palestine 8-3 38 -
10. Celina 16-0 28 1

Also receiving votes: Sweetwater 27, Carthage 26, Bellville 20, Abilene Wylie 15, Dallas Madison 11, Snyder 6, Van 4, Medina Valley 3, Canton 3, Jasper 2, Gainesville 2, Kennedale 1, Rusk 1, Canyon 1.

Class 2A
Team Rec Pts Pvs
1. Tatum (20) 15-0 200 4
2. Crawford 13-1 140 5
3. Lexington 11-3 128 -
4. Newton 13-0 116 2
5. Early 12-2 114 -
6. Marlin 9-2 77 -
7. Jefferson 5-7 69 -
8. Mart 11-2 56 7
9. Hempstead 6-4 33 -
10. New Boston 6-4 30 -

Also receiving votes: Blanco 27, Paradise 27, Stratford 23, Boyd 16, Altair Rice 14, Childress 12, Arp 9, Wall 2, Lone Oak 2, Sanford-Fritch 2, Omaha Paul-Pewitt 1, Crane 1, Henrietta 1.

Class 1A
Team Rec Pts Pvs
1. Windthorst (15) 14-1 192 2
2. Chilton (5) 13-1 177 1
3. New Deal 10-2 121 4
4. Alto 9-2 119 10
5. Iola 12-2 103 -
6. Goldthwaite 10-1 100 3
7. Shiner 10-3 52 -
8. Roscoe 9-2 45 -
9. Brackettville 10-2 35 -
T10. Electra 6-5 27 -
T10. McCamey 11-1 27 7
T10. Wolfe City 7-4 27 -

Also receiving votes: Joaquin 14, Bremond 12, Grapeland 11, Nazareth 10, Falls City 8, Albany 6, La Villa 6, Thorndale 3, Sterling City 3, Memphis 2

After the top 4 in he 3A that poll is horse crap

PPHSfan
08-27-2006, 10:37 PM
It looks like at least one of the pollsters doesn't even know that Kinne isn't in Canton anymore.

Snydertigersrul
08-27-2006, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by Stownhorse

That was one of the best polls in recent years. They put the true Top 10 together. Every team had deep playoff runs and key returning players back. Cuero and West Orange-Stark will be tough in the Division II playoffs.

PHS Wildcats
08-27-2006, 10:38 PM

WOW!!! Tell us how you really feel!! Why is it crap? Just wanted your opinion.:thinking:

Snydertigersrul
08-27-2006, 10:39 PM
It looks like at least one of the pollsters doesn't even know that Kinne isn't in Canton anymore.

My question would be with all of the Division I players at Gilmer, can they blend together and play as a team. Chemistry is very important. They might not been enough footballs for the backfield.

Stownhorse
08-27-2006, 10:40 PM
WOW!!! Tell us how you really feel!! Why is it crap? Just wanted your opinion.:thinking:

just wanted to see how many ppl jumped on my reply haha

Snydertigersrul
08-27-2006, 10:40 PM

I think Palestine was ranked too low.

Stownhorse
08-27-2006, 10:41 PM
Till Celina shows me sumthin this yr in 3A i dont think they deserve a top 10 spot

Snydertigersrul
08-27-2006, 10:45 PM
Till Celina shows me sumthin this yr in 3A i dont think they deserve a top 10 spot

If you don't know who Celina, you don't anything about Texas high school football. You apparently are mad because Sweetwater didn't make the Top 10 in the preseason poll like Snyder (at No. 3) did last year.

Stownhorse
08-27-2006, 10:52 PM
If you don't know who Celina, you don't anything about Texas high school football. You apparently are mad because Sweetwater didn't make the Top 10 in the preseason poll like Snyder (at No. 3) did last year.

I know that celina was the bizzomb in 2A....and I said this yr. didnt I??? just cause they have a good record against 3A teams in the PAST dont mean caca....you know your always bringin up the past like it matters when no one gives a crap about ur smart @$$ comments about outdated polls and such(Snyder (at No. 3) did LAST YEAR)

kepdawg
08-27-2006, 11:01 PM
I know that celina was the bizzomb in 2A....and I said this yr. didnt I??? just cause they have a good record against 3A teams in the PAST dont mean caca....you know your always bringin up the past like it matters when no one gives a crap about ur smart @$$ comments about outdated polls and such(Snyder (at No. 3) did LAST YEAR)

What's Sweetwater done this year? What's Sweetwater's record this year?

Stownhorse
08-27-2006, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
What's Sweetwater done this year? What's Sweetwater's record this year?

this is a taco and burrito conversation nachos haha ive always wanted say that

theyoefnshow
08-28-2006, 08:46 PM
something tells me you know next to nothing about Cameron football to call the Yoemen "overrated."

Tiger Baseball
08-28-2006, 09:15 PM

A JOKE!

c-town_balla
08-28-2006, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by Tiger Baseball
A JOKE!

wow I would hate to know what we were if we lost in the first round of the playoffs.....

MagicMan
08-28-2006, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by c-town_balla
wow I would hate to know what we were if we lost in the first round of the playoffs.....

lmao

Tiger Baseball
08-28-2006, 09:32 PM
lmao

See what you started Magic!

MagicMan
08-28-2006, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by Tiger Baseball
See what you started Magic!
yeah im sorry but this is what makes the board fun to read

Stangster
08-28-2006, 09:42 PM
Sweetwater looks good at "number 11." I kinda like the ideal of moving up in the polls as the season progresses

Just my onion

theyoefnshow
08-28-2006, 10:22 PM
funny thing is that if it weren't for Barry Windham, I probably would've never heard of Sweetwater lol

Texas-Fight
08-28-2006, 11:56 PM
Interesting...

Stownhorse
08-29-2006, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by theyoefnshow
funny thing is that if it weren't for Barry Windham, I probably would've never heard of Sweetwater lol

Only reason Ive heard of Cameron was because I was heading to Houston...It was just a hop skip and a jump to the other side of town..