PDA

View Full Version : Most overrated team in the NCAA?

big daddy russ
08-27-2006, 02:16 AM
Who do you have and why? And no, don't include Oklahoma just yet. The Bomar/Quinn situation happened AFTER most of the initial preseason polls were released, so the pollsters didn't get to take that into account.

Me? I'd like to take Florida, but I can't pass up Nebraska, just like last year. When will people start to see that Bill Callahan's a horrible head coach and that his WCO system-driven offense is the most overrated offense in the nation? They were second-worst in the Big XII last year, 97th in the nation. Their defense, which came in 27th in the nation, was alright, but never stood out.

They will finish NO HIGHER than third in the Big XII North (my guess is that Iowa State and Colorado finish first and second, respectively) but people will somehow believe that Callahan is, once again a Godsend.

I'd take Franchione over Callahan 10 times a week and twice on Sunday.

District303aPastPlayer
08-27-2006, 02:27 AM
Miami will get beat Multiple times this year... and WVU will play in the NC game :)

Maroon87
08-27-2006, 02:41 AM
Miami is way overrated. They're MAYBE the 4th best team in the ACC.

NateDawg39
08-27-2006, 03:02 AM
I think on a good day, UNT could beat Miami by a point or 4. Or maybe I am crazy up in the head

Chris Hart
08-27-2006, 03:06 AM
IMO, West Virginia is the most overrated team of those listed right now, but too bad with their schedule the country probably won't find it out until the Bowl committee waste a good bowl game on them...

I Think Ohio State is even more overrated, I don't think they are a top 10 team. A Texas team with an inexperienced QB will show the country that in two weeks...

District303aPastPlayer
08-27-2006, 08:14 AM
Originally posted by Chris Hart
IMO, West Virginia is the most overrated team of those listed right now, but too bad with their schedule the country probably won't find it out until the Bowl committee waste a good bowl game on them...

They have one of the top returning QBs from last year who was only a freshman and can pass like troy smith and run like vince young... and a great RB who was just a true freshman last year as well...

Originally posted by Chris Hart

I Think Ohio State is even more overrated, I don't think they are a top 10 team. A Texas team with an inexperienced QB will show the country that in two weeks...

uhh.....yeah....

Texas-Fight
08-27-2006, 09:31 AM
Notre Dame. Their offense will be good but they have no defense. Zbikowski is an overrated safety.

DaHop72
08-27-2006, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by Texas-Fight
Notre Dame. Their offense will be good but they have no defense. Zbikowski is an overrated safety. But Charlie Weis as a coach can help hide a lot of weaknesses.

big daddy russ
08-27-2006, 10:40 AM
Everyone seems to think Nebraska's going to walk away with their game at Kyle this year. I'll be the first to say A&M by double digits.

Not saying that A&M's that good, just saying that Nebraska would get sixth in the Big XII South.

wedo
08-27-2006, 11:10 AM
West Virgina with out a doubt is the most overrated team!!! Yeah their QB and RB are returning but how can you tell how good they are when they play absolutly nobody!!! Yeah so what they beat georgia last year when georgia was way overrated themselves, they couldn't win a big game all year!!!!!

neck_06
08-27-2006, 12:46 PM
i don't know why everyone is voting for west virginia, those boys are FAST!!! didn't yall watch their bowl game last year when they just ran right to a blowout?

Bulldog_12
08-27-2006, 01:32 PM
I agree neck. I dont think WVU is overrated at all. People are just being honest. I could see them in the NC because they have the schedule and talent to do it. They are SUPER fast. Most analysts have said they dont think WVU is the best team, they just have the best schedule. Rankings are based on where you can see a team finishing after the year, and I can definitely see how people have them ranked in the top 5 right now.

injuredinmelee
08-27-2006, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
Miami will get beat Multiple times this year... and WVU will play in the NC game :)

you have been watching too much sportscenter

RMAC
08-27-2006, 02:26 PM
I picked WV, but I wanted to pick Ohio State.

Emerson1
08-27-2006, 02:59 PM
Notre Dame as a program is overrated

Stownhorse
08-27-2006, 03:01 PM
Ohio State

KTJ
08-27-2006, 03:06 PM
Why is Texas a choice but Ohio State isn't?

Stownhorse
08-27-2006, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by KTJ

My thoughts exactly

Bulldog_12
08-27-2006, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by KTJ

it is..............check other:p

Snydertigersrul
08-27-2006, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by Bulldog_12
it is..............check other:p

It's Ohio State.

keenoace
08-27-2006, 07:03 PM
Where's USC!!!!

big daddy russ
08-27-2006, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Notre Dame as a program is overrated
Why's that? Because they have more modern national championships than anyone else, because they're the second-winningest program of all time, or because they have more Heisman Trophies than Michael Jackson has had nose jobs?

Originally posted by KTJ
There's a choice for 'other.' If OSU is the most overrated in your opinion, choose other and tell us why. Auburn's more overrated, IMO, than OSU.

big daddy russ
08-27-2006, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by keenoace
Where's USC!!!!
Under choice number ocho.

sweetwater07
08-27-2006, 07:16 PM
Texas= Overrated

KTJ
08-27-2006, 08:33 PM
No, I just wanted to know what the qualifications were of being on this list of potentially overrated teams. Every team on that list has question marks, including Auburn who has no votes, and so does Ohio State. The list is basically the top 8 in the polls right now, yet tOSU and USC were good enough to make the "others" list, meaning they aren't that overrated? Or that they don't have as many ??? as the teams on this list?

Now that I just typed this, I realize I'm making a moutain out of a molehill. I don't know why I'm taking this so seriously.

:D

:p

:mad:

:D

District303aPastPlayer
08-27-2006, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
you have been watching too much sportscenter

been saying WVU vs Notre Dame since the draft :)

Stownhorse
08-27-2006, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by sweetwater07
Texas= Overrated

Batez your mom equals overrated hahahaha:D

Snydertigersrul
08-27-2006, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by Stownhorse
Batez your mom equals overrated hahahaha:D

The Longhorns are the most underrated team in the NCAA

Bulldog_12
08-27-2006, 11:01 PM