PDA

View Full Version : I will never gripe about my computer again

Ranger Mom
08-26-2006, 05:16 PM
My mom gave me one last time I visited. I am on it now and it is slower than "off-season"!!

Mine has been upgraded and has a 1050 MHz processor in it....this one is 466 MHz.

I don't know if that makes it run faster or not, but good grief.....I can feel myself getting older sitting here!!

Emerson1
08-26-2006, 05:18 PM
Atleast you don't have to keep the side of yours off so it doesn't explode

Ranger Mom
08-26-2006, 05:21 PM
Well...I guess that is a plus!!

I plugged this one in and turned it on....it started making all kinds of racket....it sounds like the fan is on it's last leg....or blade I guess the case would be.

All 3 dogs started barking at it, it was so noisy. It almost sounds like a grinding noise.

Heck...it may be getting ready to explode too!!

Emerson1
08-26-2006, 05:24 PM
That's how mine is, the video card will randomley stop working to. I know one of these days I will have a 5 page report typed and it will go out, so I will blindly have to try and save it.

Ranger Mom
08-26-2006, 05:29 PM
This one seems to be running a little faster now.

Is that just a really slow processor speed and that's why it's slow...or could it be something else??

I was gonna reload 98 on it because when I turned it on at my mom's it had all kinds of error messages on it.

I ran the scan disk and then turned it off and brought it home. When I booted it up earlier, I didn't get a single error message...so I don't know if reloading 98 is worth it now!

Comeaux
08-27-2006, 11:06 PM
I love my new MacBook. Super fast and connected instantly to my wireless network and printer.
I don't have to worry about viruses and bugs.

I can run windows on my Mac along with my Mac operating system but WHY would I ever want to.

AggieJohn
08-27-2006, 11:19 PM
i see you make longer posts when you have computers that take longer

Stangster
08-28-2006, 12:04 AM
lol, and I thought my computer was bad!