PDA

View Full Version : Question for The One!

rudy5307
10-25-2003, 11:47 AM
I was reading your post on running up the score and what you had to say about Decatur and I had to reply. I am not trying to mouth you or get anything started just making a statement and asking for your opinion. My dad is a coach at Decatur and I asked him the very same thing about what C.Story said in the messenger. He said that C.Story was mis-quoted and what he really said was that with the 3 touchdowns called back that they could have put up 50. I also played in the game that our QB got hurt in last year in the playoffs and at the time of his injury we were only up like 14 pts. so it's questionable if that was a good enough lead to pull him. Now maybe we should have just let McKinney carry the ball instead of him but that's in the past. I have another statement on when is enough enough. I remember my sophomore year we were playing yall and it was 30-12 Bridgeport with 9 minutes left in the game, and yall took your passing phenom Daughtery out of the game and put in the running QB Stowers in.(I only remember this b/c I had to hit him a few times and he was load). A few stops by us and a few touchdowns later and Daughtery is back in the game throwing a hailmarry b/c we were ahead 34-30. If in the game the other night yall would have made a couple stops and a couple plays yall would have been right back in it in no time. I know this happened over a week ago but I just had time to post and was wanting to get that out there and hear your opinion on what I had to say. Thanks!

The One
10-27-2003, 08:23 PM
Rudy,
Sorry it has taken me so long to answer I just seen this tonight. Well I forgot about the 34-30 game a couple of years ago. I guess my opinion is that 2 to 3 touchdowns is probably not cushion enough depending on all the factors of the game. IE after the Decatur game this week as well. I think my real point was seeing that 83-2 score and seeing the 70-0's scores, as well as reading the quotes by Story in the paper just got me worked up and thinking about the issue. I still believe 83-2 is unexcusable but in the same breath 30-12 isn't good enought is it.

slpybear the bullfan
10-27-2003, 08:24 PM
Hey One... how are you doing this week?

The One
10-27-2003, 11:18 PM
I am still trying to recover from that disaster on Friday Night. Should we wear paper bags over our heads this Friday Night? And that is not a Halloween reference!!

slpybear the bullfan
10-27-2003, 11:22 PM
ROFL...

Awww, we just have to work harder on good luck... maybe some rabbits feet... or some voodoo mojo?!

Chris Hart
10-28-2003, 05:34 PM
You could just contact YaYa, I'm sure she could help out. Slpy, Has Bridgeport been eliminated from playoff contention, or is there still a chance?