PDA

View Full Version : Any Bicyclists on the Downlow???

GreenMonster
08-26-2006, 07:57 AM
It is Hotter'N Hell weekend here in the greater Wichita Falls area. Hotter'N Hell is the nations largest bicycle ride in term of numbers of participants. Hope every one out there drank a bathtub full of water last night and had a big bowl of wheaties this morning or they just might not make all 100K.

hawkfan
08-26-2006, 08:26 AM
thats one reason I'm glad I don't live there anymore. you can't go anywhere because of all the bicycle riders.

injuredinmelee
08-26-2006, 09:08 AM
seems like there is always one old guy that has higher ambitions than his body will allow and his heart will explode. Always brought alot of people to town. I can remember hauling hay with a local IP realtor out in the kamay area and those guys were behind us and the hay was blowing in their faces etc.. almost felt bad for them but if you elect to ride your bike 100 miles then you can handle a little bit of hay adversity.

GreenMonster
08-26-2006, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
seems like there is always one old guy that has higher ambitions than his body will allow and his heart will explode. Always brought alot of people to town. I can remember hauling hay with a local IP realtor out in the kamay area and those guys were behind us and the hay was blowing in their faces etc.. almost felt bad for them but if you elect to ride your bike 100 miles then you can handle a little bit of hay adversity. Yeah, I have no sympathy for them either. If they are crazy enough to wedge a bicycle seat up their crack, lock their shoes into their pedals, and go out riding in this kind of heat then they get what they deserve. Man, now my butt hurts from thinking about a bicycle seat crammed into my posterior. :mad: