PDA

View Full Version : Graham/WF Rider Scrimmage update

KTA
08-25-2006, 11:12 PM
The scripted plays ended 0-0 with Graham intercepting Rider 3 times. Graham had one pick, and a fumble lost.

During the 15 min live quarter Rider outscored Graham 21-7, but Graham did quite a bit of rotating with the 2nd teamers unlike Rider. Rider seemed to play very sloppy with poor route running, and a lot of dropped balls. Graham however seemed to play pretty crisp BUT only with the coach's son in at qb.

This is where it gets interesting

Case McCoy has got to be the best damn freshman ive ever seen play...EVER. There has been a lot of controversy surrounding Coach McCoy moving his son up to play Varsity, and im not going to lie I was skeptic of it myself (only hearing of how good he was in jr high and not seeing it with my own eyes). This kid is the truth...He led Graham down the field on there only scoring drive (with the 1st team O). He actually LED this team, playing calm and congratulating players when they did good, and consoling them when they did bad. He passed and ran on them at will, and ran this O to perfection. If Case does not start the season something is truly wrong.

I didn't think Graham was going to be as good as they showed, and would have to strongly reconsider them as a playoff contender. They played well against class 4A’s #10 team.

Strong points for Graham
WR’s hands
Young QB
Secondary

Weak Points
O Tackles
D-line
RB

Z motion 10 out on 2
08-25-2006, 11:39 PM
I had a feeling that Graham would put it together this year.

The only knock on the Fosh QB would be when he really gets the snot knocked out of him....how will he respond? Will he played scared or will he go at it full speed the very next play? If he does start this year -- look out when he is a senior!

KTA
08-25-2006, 11:47 PM
The only knock on the Fosh QB would be when he really gets the snot knocked out of him....how will he respond?

I agree, but you can not deny the talent.

Ranger Mom
08-25-2006, 11:50 PM
Hmmmm....this makes the Greenwood/Graham game a LOT more interesting now!!

injuredinmelee
08-26-2006, 07:32 AM
some of us tried to prepare the world for the start his freshman year. The kid is the real deal for sure.

Ranger Mom
08-26-2006, 08:32 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
some of us tried to prepare the world for the start his freshman year. The kid is the real deal for sure.

You going to the game??

injuredinmelee
08-26-2006, 09:02 AM
which one?

Ranger Mom
08-26-2006, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
which one?

Greenwood/Graham since it's in Abilene Thursday night!!

injuredinmelee
08-26-2006, 09:12 AM
I will be there... but only if the gf wants too...lol just kidding I will be there. I guess I should look at more than just Wylies schedule and i could know these things.

VWG
08-26-2006, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by Z motion 10 out on 2
I had a feeling that Graham would put it together this year.

The only knock on the Fosh QB would be when he really gets the snot knocked out of him....how will he respond? Will he played scared or will he go at it full speed the very next play? If he does start this year -- look out when he is a senior!

You heard it hear first.... when he is a senior he won't be playing for Graham. His Dad wanted the Abilene Cooper job, and he was a finalist for the SA Central job. Both pay more than Graham, no AD duties... etc... Graham is just a stepping stone right now for McCoy. I don't see McCoy coaching in 3A after this year.
That's why Kent Jackson at Sweetwater always surprises me. He has been at Sweetwater for a few years now and hasn't jumped ship yet. He has had tremendous success at Olney and Sweetwater. Why hasn't a larger school hired him away yet?

injuredinmelee
08-26-2006, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by VWG
You heard it hear first.... when he is a senior he won't be playing for Graham. His Dad wanted the Abilene Cooper job, and he was a finalist for the SA Central job. Both pay more than Graham, no AD duties... etc... Graham is just a stepping stone right now for McCoy. I don't see McCoy coaching in 3A after this year.
That's why Kent Jackson at Sweetwater always surprises me. He has been at Sweetwater for a few years now and hasn't jumped ship yet. He has had tremendous success at Olney and Sweetwater. Why hasn't a larger school hired him away yet?
they try. He will have to get a Ring I think to get a big time 5A job unless he takes a 4a job first.

injuredinmelee
08-26-2006, 10:38 AM
if I was hiring I would actively pursue Jackson first (because I know Sandifer isnt leaving Wylie). I also think jackson wanted one more year in Sweetwater with Green and Banyard coming back.

Ranger Mom
08-26-2006, 10:44 AM
I have heard several people predict he will be gone after this season!

GreenMonster
08-26-2006, 10:53 AM
Jackson is one heck of a good football coach. You Sweetwater boys better circle the wagons and start passing around the hat. Collect all you can and then just leave a big wad of money in his mailbox or something.

Adidas4I0s
08-26-2006, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by VWG

He's the next Bob Shipley. Move to a higher classification so your son can get more exposure. Hey that brings up a thought...is it "moving for athletic purposes" if your dad is a football coach and thus you have to move if he "chooses" to take a job elsewhere? :thinking:

VWG
08-26-2006, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by Adidas4I0s
He's the next Bob Shipley. Move to a higher classification so your son can get more exposure. Hey that brings up a thought...is it "moving for athletic purposes" if your dad is a football coach and thus you have to move if he "chooses" to take a job elsewhere? :thinking:

Right.. see Crane to W. Frenship scenario with Doege.

sweetwater07
08-26-2006, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I have heard several people predict he will be gone after this season!

me and Banyard have trig. together..and even he says that he bets Jackson will leave after this year.

KTA
08-27-2006, 04:26 AM
That's why Kent Jackson at Sweetwater always surprises me. He has been at Sweetwater for a few years now and hasn't jumped ship yet. He has had tremendous success at Olney and Sweetwater.

Man I got the up most respect for cojack, he left Olney to Sweetwater mid way through my SR yr, and when I told these Graham boys he was going to have SW ready for the playoffs, they didnt believe me.