PDA

View Full Version : Hey Phil....

Bulldog_12
08-25-2006, 11:05 PM
The Lady Ags won tonight against #3 UNC 1-0 in Double OT. How'd the Horns do?

Phil C
08-26-2006, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by Bulldog_12
The Lady Ags won tonight against #3 UNC 1-0 in Double OT. How'd the Horns do?

Sorry to respond so late Bull. That is great news about the Lady Aggies Bull! Sorry I don't have good news about the Lady Horns but they did play well but lost to ranked Auburn 1 - 0. Hopefully they will do better at home next week against ranked Penn State.

Adidas4I0s
08-26-2006, 07:52 PM
huge win for the Aggies!

Phil C
08-26-2006, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by Adidas4I0s
huge win for the Aggies!

Right you are indeed Ad. Since the NCAA started women's division 1 soccer in 1982 UNC won the national championship 15 out of 18 times from 1982 to 2000 and once won it 8 times in a row. UNC was dominate and got the best players. But in the new century UNC has won it one time the past 5 years which still isn't bad. UNC still has the tradition, coaches and gets their share of great recruits but competition and interest and more capable recruits are available now and if someone doesn't like the playting time they are getting the transfer out which is common in this sport. The past five years has actually been dominated by the University of Portland winning it twice in the past four years but fortunately since their great player Christine Sinclair of Canada has graduated don't look for them to be as dominated though good.

UNC is still the team to beat but teams are catching up with them. Still when one can beat this great team it is great news for their school and state. A magnificient job by the Lady Aggies.

Bulldog_12
08-26-2006, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
Sorry to respond so late Bull. That is great news about the Lady Aggies Bull! Sorry I don't have good news about the Lady Horns but they did play well but lost to ranked Auburn 1 - 0. Hopefully they will do better at home next week against ranked Penn State.

Do the Horns get Penn St. at home? If so, then its a rough week for the nittany lions seeing as they have to play in College Station next Sunday.

Phil C
08-26-2006, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by Bulldog_12
Do the Horns get Penn St. at home? If so, then its a rough week for the nittany lions seeing as they have to play in College Station next Sunday.

Yes they play Penn State Friday night.