PDA

View Full Version : Ingleside at San Diego Scrimmage

99IHSMustang
08-25-2006, 03:31 PM
Anyone know anything about the San Diego team? Heck I don't even know what Ingleside looks like just yet. I talked to Fish's Mom and she said that Ingleside appears to have more depth this season. She also stated that they all looked well conditioned in the Banquete and Kennedy scrimmage.

Phil C
08-25-2006, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by 99IHSMustang
Anyone know anything about the San Diego team? Heck I don't even know what Ingleside looks like just yet. I talked to Fish's Mom and she said that Ingleside appears to have more depth this season. She also stated that they all looked well conditioned in the Banquete and Kennedy scrimmage.

San Diego has had great teams in the past and should be tough indeed. One year they won District (I think in 1969). Banquete has had good teams in the past also and Kennedy once went to the quarterfinals in the mid 70s so they are capable teams indeed.

Gobbler Fan
08-25-2006, 04:04 PM
One year they won District (I think in 1968). .....

LoL yep a Powerhouse :clap:

SintonFan_inAustin
08-25-2006, 04:29 PM
yea that 1968 team has been away from football for some 37 years so they might not be in the best of shape for a good scrimmage, but the SD team of this year has at least been practicing so they might be a better opposition than the 1968 team:)

Phil C
08-25-2006, 04:31 PM
Make that the 1969 team rather than the 1968 team.

Phil C
08-25-2006, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
San Diego has had great teams in the past and should be tough indeed. One year they won District (I think in 1969). Banquete has had good teams in the past also and Kennedy once went to the quarterfinals in the mid 70s so they are capable teams indeed.

99IHSMustang
08-25-2006, 04:58 PM
Hmmm.. Well San Diego doesn't sound too impressive. I guess its still good practive nonetheless.

GOFOR2
08-26-2006, 09:51 AM

This sounds so sarcastic, but I actually think he is serious.
It made me crack up.

pirate4state
08-26-2006, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by GOFOR2
This sounds so sarcastic, but I actually think he is serious.
It made me crack up. Phil has that effect on people!! :D Let's just pretend he was being sarcastic!! :thumbsup:

AggieJohn
08-26-2006, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by 99IHSMustang
Anyone know anything about the San Diego team? Heck I don't even know what Ingleside looks like just yet. I talked to Fish's Mom and she said that Ingleside appears to have more depth this season. She also stated that they all looked well conditioned in the Banquete and Kennedy scrimmage. i was talking to a lot of my referee buds and they told me that they think that ingleside is going to be a suprise team this year

pirate4state
08-26-2006, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
i was talking to a lot of my referee buds and they told me that they think that ingleside is going to be a suprise team this year :confused: WHAT?? A surprise to who? They are projected to WIN 30-3A.

big daddy russ
08-26-2006, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
:confused: WHAT?? A surprise to who? They are projected to WIN 30-3A.
Maybe we'll surprise Cuero by losing by less than 30.

GOFOR2
08-26-2006, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
:confused: WHAT?? A surprise to who? They are projected to WIN 30-3A.

Maybe they will surprise people by scheduling some quality opponents next year.

Bull Butter
08-26-2006, 09:33 PM
Banquete has had good teams in the past .

77-40 since 1995 with 9 playoff appearances. Of course, this is in 2A:p

big daddy russ
08-27-2006, 01:48 AM
You schedule winnable opponents while you can. You schedule tough ones when that's all you can get. Go look at Sinton's '95-'98 schedules, then look at the past two years.

District303aPastPlayer
08-27-2006, 02:29 AM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
You schedule winnable opponents while you can. You schedule tough ones when that's all you can get. Go look at Sinton's '95-'98 schedules, then look at the past two years.

95-98 have been forgotten by alot of people... me included

big daddy russ
08-27-2006, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
95-98 have been forgotten by alot of people... me included
And there's nothing wrong with that. You still made the playoffs once but weren't an elite team. As a coach, you don't want to overmatch your team in games that don't count and go into district play banged up.

I wouldn't mind seeing an Ingleside/Canyon or Ingleside/Bridgeport predistrict game at all (we'd have to steal the scoreboard from the basketball team), but who wants to lose a couple of studs before we even play a team that matters?

rgn4fb
08-27-2006, 01:49 PM
Maybe they will surprise people by scheduling some quality opponents next year. I finally saw a copy of their scrimmage in todays paper. Ingleside's schedule is much saltier than it has been in the past. 3-4A's and then a tough Zapata and finish predistrict with Fal who although hasn't been pretty good has a legitimate shot at playing more than 10 games this year. The Pirates however have an extremely tough pre-district. We could be 0-3 before Homecoming. (the next game should be easy with Robstown) This tough predistrict schedule should have the mighty Pirates ready for District and the playoffs. It will also be interesting to see Sinton's O in 4 quarters. The old wing T isn't known for having those high scoring games.

As for scrimmages, yes Ingleside played an easy 2A, a succesful 2A, and an easy 3A, but I would not brag about who Sinton got for scrimmages. Goliad is horrible (I was told they lost 2-0 to an inexperienced Three Rivers squad) and then Taft. I would have much rathered scrimmage Cuero then play them Zero Week.

Just my 2 pennies.

3afan
08-27-2006, 03:31 PM

99% of the schools in TX will have the same schedule next year that they have this year except to swap who playes where ... they sign 2 year contracts