PDA

View Full Version : Facillities Improvements

Bullaholic
08-25-2006, 01:12 PM
What athletic facillities improvements are the most important to schools? Which one comes first?

Turf
Bleachers
Scoreboard
Dressing Rooms
Parking

Anybody's school made any of these improvements this season? Anybody in a new school?

Decatur just opened a new $34mil HS this year.

garageoffice
08-25-2006, 01:16 PM
Let's see...Kennedale put in new turf last year, work is currently under way that will almost double the home seating capacity, and the scoreboard has been upgraded and moved to the other end of the field (the rumor is that they want to wrap bleachers around the west end of the field eventually, but who knows?). Construction is also underway on a new indoor practice facility.

Ranger Mom
08-25-2006, 01:35 PM
Greenwood built a new baseball/softball complex last year....new tennis courts/additional football bleachers the year before.

We are now in the process of building a new field house!

Old Green
08-25-2006, 01:48 PM
They're redoing the Baseball infield in Cuero.

I wish they would improve the restrooms and Concession stands in Cuero.

sweetwater07
08-25-2006, 01:51 PM
new concession stand, and i believe new concrete on the top of the bowl...now if we could get improved parking..we would be doing great

DaHop72
08-25-2006, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by sweetwater07
new concession stand, and i believe new concrete on the top of the bowl...now if we could get improved parking..we would be doing great sweetwater07 the bowl needs new bathrooms before they need new parking.

garageoffice
08-25-2006, 02:00 PM
Parking? A stadium needs parking? Oops, seems we forgot something. :D

Fortunately, the school parking lot is between the school and the stadium. However, it's just not enough. Oh well, maybe next year.

Bullaholic
08-25-2006, 02:03 PM
Celina of the 7 rings is the school that surprises me. Still got an old stadium. All of their player's athletic equipment is the best, though.

Astrosdawg07
08-25-2006, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by garageoffice
Parking? A stadium needs parking? Oops, seems we forgot something. :D

Fortunately, the school parking lot is between the school and the stadium. However, it's just not enough. Oh well, maybe next year.

You think you've got parking problems comes to Jasper.

garageoffice
08-25-2006, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by Astrosdawg07
You think you've got parking problems comes to Jasper.

Is it as bad as my home town? I grew up in a town with a 1A school. The football field didn't even have a parking lot, but the fans still managed to drive their cars onto the premises and park all around the field. Then half the crowd sat on hoods or trunk lids. There was room for maybe 10-12 cars on each side of the field and a few more at each end. Everybody else parked on the side of the road (F.M. highway).

I remember diving for a catch at the sideline and sliding under the cable that served as a fence, and ending up just under the bumper of an old pickup! Those were the days!! :D

Astrosdawg07
08-25-2006, 02:45 PM
Is it as bad as my home town? I grew up in a town with a 1A school. The football field didn't even have a parking lot, but the fans still managed to drive their cars onto the premises and park all around the field. Then half the crowd sat on hoods or trunk lids. There was room for maybe 10-12 cars on each side of the field and a few more at each end. Everybody else parked on the side of the road (F.M. highway).

I remember diving for a catch at the sideline and sliding under the cable that served as a fence, and ending up just under the bumper of an old pickup! Those were the days!! :D

Not that bad, but we don't have a parking lot. The stadium is in a residential area.

UPanIN
08-25-2006, 03:51 PM
Lets see. Navasota said they would have all of these things this year.

Turf
Bleachers
Scoreboard
Dressing Rooms
Parking

Soooo... none of the above!:rolleyes:

GreenMonster
08-25-2006, 04:11 PM

That's sweet dude!