PDA

View Full Version : Wylie gets first ever volleyball victories

Johnny Moxen
08-25-2006, 11:04 AM
Congratulations are in order to the Wylie Volleyball coaching staff as they achieved their first ever recorded victories (that I am aware of) last night. Both the 7th and 8th grade B team volleyball teams won over clack middle school (AISD). It appears that both the 7th and 8th grade A and C teams also competed very well and that volleyball is off to a good start and headed in the right direction at Wylie. I look forward to watching my first ever volleyball game soon and seeing it played at the high school level next year. Once again, congratulations Coach Thomsen and her staff and the Wylie Lady Bulldogs.:clap:

neck_94
08-25-2006, 11:12 AM
is this some kinda joke...

cause if it is... i dont get it

RMAC
08-25-2006, 11:17 AM
What wrong w/ you? He's proud that a team from his school did good. You need to yank your head out of your butt and realize that there are other sports in this world besides football.

Phil C
08-25-2006, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by neck_94
is this some kinda joke...

cause if it is... i dont get it

Neck this is the first year that Wylie has had a volleyball team. I don't know why it took them so long to get the sport as large a school as it is but that is why he is proud of the victories.

SnyTigBaseB07
08-25-2006, 11:23 AM
to be fair i think that neck didnt know that wylie didnt have volleyball, its just a simple misunderstanding that happens..

Phil C
08-25-2006, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by RMAC
What wrong w/ you? He's proud that a team from his school did good. You need to yank your head out of your butt and realize that there are other sports in this world besides football.

Don't be so hard on him RMAC. He asked a question about a situation he didn't know about. A question is never stupid if you don't know the answer.

SnyTigBaseB07
08-25-2006, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by Johnny Moxen
Congratulations are in order to the Wylie Volleyball coaching staff as they achieved their first ever recorded victories (that I am aware of) last night. Both the 7th and 8th grade B team volleyball teams won over clack middle school (AISD). It appears that both the 7th and 8th grade A and C teams also competed very well and that volleyball is off to a good start and headed in the right direction at Wylie. I look forward to watching my first ever volleyball game soon and seeing it played at the high school level next year. Once again, congratulations Coach Thomsen and her staff and the Wylie Lady Bulldogs.:clap:

and on another note, thats awesome, its good to see that there are schools supporting more sports that girls can participate in, hopefully wylies first year is a good one!

Snyder_TigerFan
08-25-2006, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
Neck this is the first year that Wylie has had a volleyball team. I don't know why it took them so long to get the sport as large a school as it is but that is why he is proud of the victories.

They had a soccer team but no volleyball team? What's up with that?

injuredinmelee
08-25-2006, 11:33 AM
congrats to the volleyball teams.

Johnny Moxen
08-25-2006, 11:42 AM
They had a soccer team but no volleyball team? What's up with that?

The Wylie School board/Adminstration (whoever) a few years ago sent out a survey asking the parents/people living within the Wylie ISD about bringing in another girls sport. The choices offered were between volleyball and soccer and soccer won out. They also brought in boys soccer at that time, so until now, girls volleyball was the only "traditional" sport that Wylie did not compete in.

Johnny Moxen
08-25-2006, 11:53 AM
By the way, even though Wylie doesn't field high school level teams. Two other schools within our district don't even offer volleyball (Clyde and Comanche). I believe that Merkel and Ballinger (two former 3A teams) don't offer volleyball as well.

EricDraven
08-25-2006, 12:13 PM
Congratulations to all the girls and their coaches.

GreenMonster
08-25-2006, 12:55 PM
Yeah, some Athletic Directors out there still feel that there is no need for Fall girls sports because "they should be cheering on the football team."

garageoffice
08-25-2006, 01:23 PM
Congrats, Wylie! Welcome to the wonderful world of volleyball!

awizzy
08-25-2006, 01:57 PM
i lived in abilene for 17 years and i always wondered why they didnt have vball...always tought they could do just as good as their bball teams....they should be a power house in vball be4 long

Snydertigersrul
08-25-2006, 02:13 PM

Congratulations. I thought all 4A schools played volleyball.

Adidas410s
08-25-2006, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by Snydertigersrul
Congratulations. I thought all 4A schools played volleyball.

they usually do. Too bad Wylie is a 3A school! :thumbsup:

Snydertigersrul
08-25-2006, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
they usually do. Too bad Wylie is a 3A school! :thumbsup:

Come on Addias, you know as the rest of Texas that Wylie is a 3A school with 4A enrollment. They really know how to hide the number, just like Highland Park, a 4A school who has 5A numbers.

DaHop72
08-25-2006, 02:21 PM
Come on Addias, you know as the rest of Texas that Wylie is a 3A school with 4A enrollment. They really know how to hide the number, just like Highland Park, a 4A school who has 5A numbers. SHOW SOME COMPASSION:mad:

Adidas410s
08-25-2006, 02:26 PM
Come on Addias, you know as the rest of Texas that Wylie is a 3A school with 4A enrollment. They really know how to hide the number, just like Highland Park, a 4A school who has 5A numbers.

Don't go trying to hijack this thread away from congratulating these girls on a job well done!!! :clap:

Oh yeah...and once you can prove something...come talk to me! ;)

PROOF - 1. To establish the truth or validity of by presentation of argument or evidence.

Snydertigersrul
Originally posted by DaHop72
SHOW SOME COMPASSION:mad:

I'm glad to see that they will start volleyball. Always wondered why a school that large didn't have it.

Adidas410s
Originally posted by DaHop72
SHOW SOME COMPASSION:mad:

true...true... ;)

Phil C
08-25-2006, 03:50 PM
The Wylie School board/Adminstration (whoever) a few years ago sent out a survey asking the parents/people living within the Wylie ISD about bringing in another girls sport. The choices offered were between volleyball and soccer and soccer won out. They also brought in boys soccer at that time, so until now, girls volleyball was the only "traditional" sport that Wylie did not compete in.

They should have had both! :mad:

Phil C
08-25-2006, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
Yeah, some Athletic Directors out there still feel that there is no need for Fall girls sports because "they should be cheering on the football team."

A written complaint to the UIL by someone there might change their minds. ;)

Adidas410s
08-25-2006, 04:11 PM
They should have had both! :mad:

SHOW SOME COMPASSION!!! :mad:

LH Panther Mom
08-25-2006, 04:23 PM
A written complaint to the UIL by someone there might change their minds. ;)
Actually, I don't think the UIL cares whether or not any school participates in athletics of any kind, only that the rules are followed for those they do participate in. :)

Phil C
08-25-2006, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Actually, I don't think the UIL cares whether or not any school participates in athletics of any kind, only that the rules are followed for those they do participate in. :)

Well er uh I don't know uh

RMAC
08-25-2006, 09:10 PM
I don't know if this got brought up a few months ago when it was filed, but Graham was hit w/ a Title 9 complaint on account of the girls softball field not being as good as the boys baseball field. I was reading in the newspaper not too long ago before I left that now the district is trying to build a stadium for only $900K. I think they had originally allocated something like $1.5 mil or so. My numbers might be wrong as I read it some time ago. All I know is that they are shooting themselves in the foot with that one and it'll be really funny when they get slapped w/ some UIL regulations . . . or even worse, something from the feds, if that can happen; I don't know.