PDA

View Full Version : Can U BELIEVE??..

mr.leopard man
08-24-2006, 11:51 PM
Whitesboro varsity put it to and beat Gainesville varsity 4 scores to 2....i know its a scrimmage but whitesboro is 2-0 in scrimmages outscoring them 11-5... They have gainesville ranked #9 in area too?? It would have been worse whitesboros starting Qb played only one series..

KTJ
08-24-2006, 11:54 PM
Wow, are we really going to be that bad?

Worst team since Mike Russell's squad in 1998?

mr.leopard man
08-24-2006, 11:57 PM
I dont know i jsut know i was there and it looked like Gainesville has one big lineman and thats it.. and one good running back but he got knocked of of the game after a huge hit...but accoreding to the DMN has gainesville ranked #9 in area..so they cant be too bad.

KTJ
08-24-2006, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by mr.leopard man
I dont know i jsut know i was there and it looked like Gainesville has one big lineman and thats it.. and one good running back but he got knocked of of the game after a huge hit...but accoreding to the DMN has gainesville ranked #9 in area..so they cant be too bad.

Why do you automatically believe the DMN?

You live in the town so you get a first hand glace. The DMN just writes stories. Which, by the way, I'm still upset that they won't be building a new stadium with the new high school. As well as no new softball and baseball fields that are ACTUALLY ON THE CAMPUS.

:mad:

mr.leopard man
08-25-2006, 12:06 AM
well whitesboro looked pretty good they have won both scrimmages they have played... gainesville plays Paris fri so we will see then.....

Adidas4I0s
08-25-2006, 12:09 AM
Many "in the know" have been saying that the Leopards should be WAY down from the past few years. The fact that they received such high rankings from various publications is based purely on their recent success. 4-6 will be a great year in Gainesville!

KTJ
08-25-2006, 12:41 AM
Originally posted by Adidas4I0s
Many "in the know" have been saying that the Leopards should be WAY down from the past few years. The fact that they received such high rankings from various publications is based purely on their recent success. 4-6 will be a great year in Gainesville!

If that happens, that's fine. I think Gainesville fans are smart enought to a.) know the talent dropoff this year and b.) realize that we have a new coach/new system.

We will give him a year or two. Plus, a State Championship and a State Finals appearance in the last 3 years ain't bad. T'ain't bad at all. Whitesboro would kill for that.

:D

3afan
08-25-2006, 05:59 AM
good to hear W'boro might put together a good season ----- didnt they get a new coach who has had some success in the past?

mr.leopard man
08-25-2006, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by 3afan
good to hear W'boro might put together a good season ----- didnt they get a new coach who has had some success in the past?

Yes he is alot better than the guy that went with the gainesville coach to greenville.. Eddie Gill is the new coach in whitesboro , im not saying playoffs or anything.. but they look better than last year so far..

kaorder1999
08-25-2006, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by KTJ
Wow, are we really going to be that bad?

Worst team since Mike Russell's squad in 1998?

I was on a team that beat the crap out of gainesville in both 96 and 97

mr.leopard man
08-25-2006, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by KTJ
If that happens, that's fine. I think Gainesville fans are smart enought to a.) know the talent dropoff this year and b.) realize that we have a new coach/new system.

We will give him a year or two. Plus, a State Championship and a State Finals appearance in the last 3 years ain't bad. T'ain't bad at all. Whitesboro would kill for that.

Yes whitesboro would kill for that.. its just that whitesboro is alot better than gainesville this year.. and first time anyone can say that in 80 plus years :)

3afan
08-25-2006, 10:46 AM
I was at both of those games! Were you the kind on the sidelines that tripped and fell in the mud and started crying?

kaorder1999
08-25-2006, 10:49 AM
haha....funny.. Actually...my junior year I almost scored two defensive touchdowns. Dropped a pick on the 2 yard line. All I had to do was catch it and walk in and i freaking dropped it. In the 2nd half I was on the bottom of the scrum in the endzone on the fumbled pitch and I had a chance to get it and so did RJ Avery....RJ had someone from g-ville right beside him so I went for the block and RJ got the recovery and the TD

3afan
08-25-2006, 10:52 AM
i distinctly remember you falling in the mud and crying ........... guess you have blocked that out of your memory.

KTJ
08-25-2006, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
I was on a team that beat the crap out of gainesville in both 96 and 97

Some of Mike Russell's worst teams.

I remember those Forney games. And I'd love to forget them. Those were my freshman and sophomore years.

kaorder1999
08-25-2006, 11:04 AM
where is mike russell now?

mr.leopard man
08-25-2006, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
where is mike russell now?

he is assistant at 1a collinsville texas