PDA

View Full Version : Wylie Vs Monahans Scrimmage

WTF-82
08-24-2006, 10:47 PM
ANYONE GO I DIDNT MAKE IT. JUST WONDERING IF ANYONE KNEW HOW THESE 2 TEAMS WORKOUT WITH EACH OTHER WENT.

BMOC
08-25-2006, 12:44 AM
Trying to find some info myself.

wordonthastreet
08-25-2006, 06:21 AM
I was called out on a job and couldn't go. My friend went and said Monahans won the varsity scrimmage 3-1. He didn't think Wylie's first offense scored against Monahans first defense. He said that Monahans looked good throwing the ball. Thats the word on the street that we are getting.

justlikesports
08-25-2006, 07:01 AM
Didn't go, but know that the Loboes looked better than they did against Greenwood and played with more enthusiasm. Good job guys. Time to step it up a notch and get ready. Good Luck Loboes and to everyone this season.

injuredinmelee
08-25-2006, 07:11 AM
hoping to talk to someone that went last night. I will try and update everyone later this morning. Could be a long long preseason.

Adidas410s
08-25-2006, 08:22 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
Could be a long long preseason.

I agree totally. I've definitely expected a down year for Wylie...and I wouldn't be surprised to see them at 3-3 or 2-4 heading into district play. I guess a lot of it will depend on how well the defense is playing while the offense continues to learn a new system and develop a level of comfort in the offense. I have wondered sometimes why they didn't put Jackson Minor in at QB. Yeah he isn't the stud that Keenum was, but he has the natural build of a QB and would still allow Wylie to run their normal multi-formation offense.

injuredinmelee
08-25-2006, 09:15 AM
thre is a kid that is a freshman this year that I predict will be the Wylie QB next year as a soph. Good kid from a good family. Been going to camps sicne he was knee high to a grasshopper. Wow I have been reading too many bubba joe and odis posts i reckon.

Ranger Mom
08-25-2006, 09:29 AM
thre is a kid that is a freshman this year that I predict will be the Wylie QB next year as a soph. Good kid from a good family. Been going to camps sicne he was knee high to a grasshopper. Wow I have been reading too many bubba joe and odis posts i reckon.

LOL!! You reckon???:D

BMOC
08-25-2006, 09:35 AM

Sandifer has been successful with young QB's in the past.......although I don't want to start harping on next year when this year has not even started. Sandifer and the bulldogs always find ways to win ballgames and travel through the playoffs. I hope and I doubt that this year will be any different.

STANG RED
08-25-2006, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by BMOC
Sandifer has been successful with young QB's in the past.......although I don't want to start harping on next year when this year has not even started. Sandifer and the bulldogs always find ways to win ballgames and travel through the playoffs. I hope and I doubt that this year will be any different.

Yeah, I remember the last re-building year that was supposed to happen at Wylie. I think that was the year they won the state championship, or maybe it was the year before, when they only managed to make it to the semi-finals. Either way, I'm just saying, I'll believe it, when I see it.

Adidas410s
08-25-2006, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by STANG RED
Yeah, I remember the last re-building year that was supposed to happen at Wylie. I think that was the year they won the state championship, or maybe it was the year before, when they only managed to make it to the semi-finals. Either way, I'm just saying, I'll believe it, when I see it.

yeah that would have been 2003. The same could also have been said for 2002...as that team wasn't at the level of recent Wylie teams.

sweetwater07
08-25-2006, 09:59 AM
i expect Sandifer to have his team ready for this season.....regardless of the "rebuilding" year..he always seems to be prepared when they regular season rolls around

injuredinmelee
08-25-2006, 10:02 AM
Just got afew details from players dad. He said Wylie played well in spurts. Had a td called back also. Still some owrk to do but said that they kid that was JV qb last year looked really good and that we could still see him instead of Edwards under center. Will be interesting to see what he unveils against Bwood at shotwell next friday.

sweetwater07
08-25-2006, 10:04 AM
Just got afew details from players dad. He said Wylie played well in spurts. Had a td called back also. Still some owrk to do but said that they kid that was JV qb last year looked really good and that we could still see him instead of Edwards under center. Will be interesting to see what he unveils against Bwood at shotwell next friday.

Brownwood vs. Wylie for week 0??

Adidas410s
08-25-2006, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by sweetwater07
Brownwood vs. Wylie for week 0??

That is correct...

DukeNukem
08-25-2006, 10:17 AM
both teams looked great at times. monahans was able to drive the ball where wylie had major spurts but could not do much inside the red zone. wylie had 1 long td called back. score with the first teams was 2-0 monahans in the controlled scrimmage. second team was 1-0 wylie. live quarter 1-0 monahans. jv first team was 3-2 wylie and freshmen first team was 3-1 or 4-1 monahans.

Johnny Moxen
08-25-2006, 02:14 PM
Word from one of the parents I spoke with stated "they still have some work to do (Wylie), but everything's going to be all right". With a Head Coach such Coach Sandifer, you know he'll have this team ready to play by the time district gets here. It's like he always says (Sandifer), "the season is really broken down into three short seasons, non-district, district and the playoffs. It doesn't matter what you record is when district starts, your just working towards making the playoffs and when the playoffs start, it doesn't matter what your district record was.