PDA

View Full Version : Cuero/La Grange scrimmage

MagicMan
08-24-2006, 08:31 PM
how good did la grange do?

gobbler grad
08-24-2006, 09:35 PM
had a few long runs, but never scored...:thinking:
they like to throw the ball alot...pretty good receivers too...

crabman
08-24-2006, 10:09 PM
Cuero looked decent. 1-0 in the controlled scrimmage. Each team got two sets of 10 plays. We were driving both times we ran out of plays. In the live quarter of play we scored another touchdown and extra point for the 7-0 score.

Defense is really really fast. D-line looks good. Backs and receivers and QB look good. O-line is still not nearly where it should be. Kaeron did not play tonight. He won' t be released until Monday from last weeks knock to the head.

If that Offensive line doesn't come together and get some fire in their belly, it could be a short year.

The Kracken
08-24-2006, 10:12 PM
i dont think you need to worry about o line not with the passing game it will open up the running lanes

MagicMan
08-24-2006, 10:16 PM
if the o-line cant pass block how do u expect kyle to have time to throw? cuero is going to end up being one dimensional.

GreenGobbla
08-24-2006, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by MagicMan
if the o-line cant pass block how do u expect kyle to have time to throw? cuero is going to end up being one dimensional.

good point

The Kracken
08-24-2006, 10:19 PM
pass blocking not a problem

GreenGobbla
08-24-2006, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by The Kracken

we'll see

MagicMan
08-24-2006, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by The Kracken

it was a huge problem against austin lbj. other teams will figure out just to do what they did and then cuero will have to use two tight ends to help block the ends and there will be only two receivers running flies. this team is supposed to better than the last two. its amazing how a 6'4" 285 lb and a 6'1" 400 lb tackle can pass block the ends without a problem but then u get the speedy line of cuero this year and they still get burned. them line coaches need to start teaching some technique.

Pudlugger
08-25-2006, 08:37 AM
From the above posts it sounds like the Leps hung in there with the Gobblers. This is good news as La Grange has been in a rebuilding mode the past two seasons. Maybe they will surprise some teams this year. Good to hear they are running the ball again and the receivers are making their catches. The new offensive scheme may be gelling in its second season. They play Lockhart next Friday.

Old Green
08-25-2006, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by Pudlugger
From the above posts it sounds like the Leps hung in there with the Gobblers. This is good news as La Grange has been in a rebuilding mode the past two seasons. Maybe they will surprise some teams this year. Good to hear they are running the ball again and the receivers are making their catches. The new offensive scheme may be gelling in its second season. They play Lockhart next Friday. I think LaGrange will surprise some teams. The Leps have some good speed and the recievers are not afraid to take a hit. The QB appears to be more mobile and will burn you with run if he gets the chance.

bd62
08-25-2006, 11:26 AM
Its early and Cuero will have the bugs out on O.L. during there non-dist. schedule. They have too many good kids not to find the ones that can do the job.Coach Reeves has never had a problem with finding the right personell for each position and this is the time of year to do that.

Highschoolfan78
08-25-2006, 12:36 PM
in my opinion lagrange didnt impress me at all.. i was quite bored with them really. The quarterback missed some opportunities with WR's open a few times that i saw. The cuero d put a great deal of pressure on him though. I also thought he was reallly short for being a QB.. maybe like 5'8 or something? I guess if you would compare them to lagrange of last year, then yes they are getting better

cdlvj
08-25-2006, 02:08 PM
Isn't the QB the same one from last year?