PDA

View Full Version : Drew Henson officially let go

crzyjournalist03
08-24-2006, 05:09 PM
The Cowboys have just waved Drew Henson. If he goes unclaimed, Dallas picks up the tab on his six years remaining on what was a rare guaranteed contract.

Mark my words...in three years, the Cowboys will regret this move seriously.

Chris Hart
08-24-2006, 05:22 PM
I think it's about time! The guy is a joke as a QB, IMO

crzyjournalist03
08-24-2006, 05:32 PM
What went unnoticed by a lot of people was Drew Henson's NFL Europe season this year.

He passed for the second most yards in the NFL Europe this year, completed over fifty percent of his passes, and had 10 touchdowns to only three interceptions despite missing the end of the season with an injury. His team went from first in the overall standings to missing the playoffs after he went down.

Bill never liked him, so he never got the chance to show what he had, but every time I watched him...preseason and regular, he had good accuracy and poise. He ended up with a bad rap here only because Parcells didn't want him.

On another note: only three QB's since Aikman have a winning record in Dallas...know who they are? Bledsoe, Quincy Carter, and Drew Henson

STANG RED
08-24-2006, 05:39 PM
I hate to see him go, but I think we could all see this coming. He'll end up somewhere else pretty soon I'll bet. Especially when QB injuries start happening around the league.

crzyjournalist03
08-24-2006, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
I hate to see him go, but I think we could all see this coming. He'll end up somewhere else pretty soon I'll bet. Especially when QB injuries start happening around the league.

I agree...I'd take him over a couple of teams starters right now like:

Bears QB's...always could use another one.
Alex Smith...Smith will be better eventually, but I think Henson is better right now
John Kitna...quarterbacked the Bengals when they were bad, now on a bad Lions team.

3afan
08-24-2006, 05:52 PM
it was worth a shot...

Chris Hart
08-24-2006, 06:03 PM
Really, I wish Dallas could've kept him as the #3 QB, but no sense spending that much money on a #3 QB. I don't think he'll ever be anymore than a quality #3 anywhere he goes, but I do think he's better than Baker, who is curently #3 in Dallas. But, for the price Baker is the smartest business move. I think if henson had come out of college and went straight to the NFL via the draft, without going the baseball route, he could've possibly been a real quality #2 QB. I watched him play NFL Europe and he did well, but him being a starter in THE NFL never crossed my mind. I wish him good luck, he seems like a good guy...

SintonFan_inAustin
08-24-2006, 06:16 PM
Well he is the only NFL player to start out his career completing his first 6 passes:) this record might fall this year.

SintonFan_inAustin
08-24-2006, 06:19 PM
oh so i guess they couldnt trade him, heard they were trying to trade him first before putting him on waivers.

neck_06
08-24-2006, 07:01 PM
i knew it would happen sooner or later.

SintonFan
08-24-2006, 07:06 PM
I was in line behind Drew last week at a Dallas Safeway waiting to check out with my groceries. I wanted to get his autograph but the poor guy just looked angry and kept muttering "Romo is a homo... romo is a homo" over and over...:(

wedo
08-25-2006, 07:43 AM
Man Henson was a big bust, when the cowboys first got him there were thought that he could be the next Troy Aikman!!! Yeah Right!!!!

PPHSfan
08-25-2006, 07:50 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan
I was in line behind Drew last week at a Dallas Safeway waiting to check out with my groceries. I wanted to get his autograph but the poor guy just looked angry and kept muttering "Romo is a homo... romo is a homo" over and over...:(

LOL,

Greatness

wedo
08-25-2006, 08:22 AM

Thats pretty funny!!!!!!!:clap:

kaorder1999
08-25-2006, 08:24 AM

i just had dr. pepper come out my nose....that is hilarious

crzyjournalist03
08-25-2006, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
oh so i guess they couldnt trade him, heard they were trying to trade him first before putting him on waivers.

They would have liked to trade him, but Bill wasn't being too smart when he announced that Henson wouldn't be on the team...that pretty much destroys any trade bait out there...anybody that wants him knows they can just wait until he's released and not give a single thing up.

Ranger Mom
08-25-2006, 01:38 PM

ROFL!! You are "OFFICIALLY" a nut D!!:crazy: :crazy:

pirate4state
08-25-2006, 01:41 PM

:clap: Funny stuff!! :thumbsup: :evillol:

I never liked Henson anyway.