PDA

View Full Version : Official Sinton vs Cuero Football Thread..

Pages : [1] 2

District303aPastPlayer
08-24-2006, 01:49 PM
Let it begin :)

pirate4state
08-24-2006, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
Let it begin :) Just b/c you used "official" doesn't mean there aren't gonna be like 5 more of these next week!! :D :devil:

I'm just saying....

Adidas410s
08-24-2006, 01:51 PM
did you get approval for the word official??? ;)

District303aPastPlayer
08-24-2006, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
did you get approval for the word official??? ;)

i dont need it... it has nothing to do with it being the official 3ADL football thread...i never incorporated 3ADL into it :D

pirate4state
08-24-2006, 01:52 PM
I love it....we are gonna need all week to practice the "no hijacking" stuff ;) :clap:

Tiger Baseball
08-24-2006, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Just b/c you used "official" doesn't mean there aren't gonna be like 5 more of these next week!! :D :devil:

I'm just saying....

True...True...:smoker:

GOFOR2
08-24-2006, 01:53 PM
Do you have authorization to make this the "Official" thread?
This cant be too official if you are getting more posts inquiring about its authenticity.

Bullaholic
08-24-2006, 01:55 PM
Maybe we need an "official trash-talk" warm-up thread. Or is this it? :D

District303aPastPlayer
08-24-2006, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by GOFOR2
Do you have authorization to make this the "Official" thread?
This cant be too official if you are getting more posts inquiring about its authenticity.

i made it official. anyway... Game is in Sinton this year... hopefully no Pirate4States will come and ruin it :p

TheDOCTORdre
08-24-2006, 01:56 PM
The Doctors Orders will have a look at the Sinton/Cuero game.

Doctor's Orders return next Friday

MagicMan
08-24-2006, 01:57 PM
thats sorry. i already started a tread for this. blah. geez. gah. sheesh. anyways sinton in a landslide.

Sinton 56
Cuero 13

District303aPastPlayer
08-24-2006, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
The Doctors Orders will have a look at the Sinton/Cuero game.

Doctor's Orders return next Friday

im wonderin if i should bring back the LymeLight and Leon Morning Show with a different name to debate topics every morning... and couple it with the Daily Poll...

SintonFan
08-24-2006, 02:00 PM
i made it official. anyway... Game is in Sinton this year... hopefully no Pirate4States will come and ruin it :p
lol
ahh the dreaded p4s's. They tend to ruin all things Sinton/Cuero(at least last year) and East Texas foosball.:eek: :p

SintonFan
Originally posted by MagicMan
thats sorry. i already started a tread for this. blah. geez. gah. sheesh. anyways sinton in a landslide.

Sinton 56
Cuero 13
Who......
are.......... you?:eek:

District303aPastPlayer
How big is this Family Reunion going to be?

Bullaholic
08-24-2006, 02:02 PM

Sinton 56
Cuero 13

That's one of the good things about the Dlow, MM----If you get your feelings "hurt"....you can always count on a "dogpile". :D

MagicMan
08-24-2006, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
Who......
are.......... you?:eek:

i'm magicman. i have a fantasy football team named the vodka bhaktas. i go to school in houston. i'm a sinton pirate fan and a cuero gobbler fan.

SintonFan
08-24-2006, 02:07 PM
i'm magicman. i have a fantasy football team named the vodka bhaktas. i go to school in houston. i'm a sinton pirate fan and a cuero gobbler fan.
lol
I've been away for a couple of weeks and all these names posting now just don't look too familiar.
I highly doubt Sinton will beat Cuero by a score of 56-13, if they could beat them period. Many of us are a little excited about this year as there so many unkowns for this season. Are you sure you are not just trying to get Cuero all "riled up"?:p

District303aPastPlayer
08-24-2006, 02:07 PM
lol
I've been away for a couple of weeks and all these names posting now just don't look too familiar.
I highly doubt Sinton will beat Cuero by a score of 56-13, if they could beat them period. Many of us are a little excited about this year as there so many unkowns for this season. Are you sure you are not just trying to get Cuero all "riled up"?:p

Bulletin Board material :rolleyes:

MagicMan
08-24-2006, 02:11 PM
no i just wish people would start talking trash again. it get kind of boring when everyone is friends with each other. both teams hate each other yet their fans just say how the other team is going to win. "the old downlow" was fun. i imagine a downlow where posters can trash their opponents and not get rommed...:evillol:

pirate4state
08-24-2006, 02:13 PM
no i just wish people would start talking trash again. it get kind of boring when everyone is friends with each other. both teams hate each other yet their fans just say how the other team is going to win. "the old downlow" was fun. i imagine a downlow where posters can trash their opponents and not get rommed...:evillol: It's nice to dream big!! :clap:

Cuero sucks! :p

District303aPastPlayer
08-24-2006, 02:13 PM
no i just wish people would start talking trash again. it get kind of boring when everyone is friends with each other. both teams hate each other yet their fans just say how the other team is going to win. "the old downlow" was fun. i imagine a downlow where posters can trash their opponents and not get rommed...:evillol:

see, the fans are adults about the sitaution... the teams have a healthy rivalry... ic an honsetly say though... I NEVER Lost to Cuero :D

SintonFan
08-24-2006, 02:14 PM
Well, that might make you happy so go with what works for you. I have made several good friends from Cuero and it's hard to talk trash to someone who bought you dinner.;)
And a-playa I don't subscribe to the BB material thing.

District303aPastPlayer
08-24-2006, 02:15 PM
Well, that might make you happy so go with what works for you. I have made several good friends from Cuero and it's hard to talk trash to someone who bought you dinner.;)
And a-playa I don't subscribe to the BB material thing.

unless its a direct player quote... i dont either

District303aPastPlayer
08-24-2006, 02:16 PM
do we know how good our Passing game is going to be?

SintonFan
08-24-2006, 02:21 PM
Good question. I've just read and heard there's gonna be alot more running. Especially to the right.
A good running game would definately open things up for us.

pirate4state
08-24-2006, 02:28 PM
Good question. I've just read and heard there's gonna be alot more running. Especially to the right.
A good running game would definately open things up for us. :doh: You've heard wrong...we are making a run for the border! :thumbsup:

SintonFan
08-24-2006, 02:30 PM
:doh: You've heard wrong...we are making a run for the border! :thumbsup:
roflmao!
:clap:

LH Panther Mom
08-24-2006, 02:39 PM
i imagine a downlow where posters can trash their opponents and not get rommed...:evillol:
Well, we still have it. :p But here's what usually happens. :evillol: :evillol:

http://www.kit.netpoets.net/line.gif

pirate4state
08-24-2006, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Well, we still have it. :p But here's what usually happens. :evillol: :evillol:

http://www.kit.netpoets.net/line.gif .

pirate44
08-24-2006, 02:44 PM
where are the throngs of cuero posters? they must not think much of this game. i hope the sinton crowd shows up. we're gonna need all the help we can get.

Old Green
08-24-2006, 02:48 PM
no i just wish people would start talking trash again. it get kind of boring when everyone is friends with each other. both teams hate each other yet their fans just say how the other team is going to win. "the old downlow" was fun. i imagine a downlow where posters can trash their opponents and not get rommed...:evillol: I wouldn't say that both teams hate each other, they're just real competitive with each other when it comes to the game with a lot of respect.:)

Gobblers are on a mission.;)

SintonFan
08-24-2006, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by pirate44
where are the throngs of cuero posters? they must not think much of this game. i hope the sinton crowd shows up. we're gonna need all the help we can get.
I'm sure all the thongs will show up next week. This is the first game and I doubt anyone is looking past this game.

LH Panther Mom
08-24-2006, 03:05 PM
I'm sure all the thongs will show up next week.
Lord, I hope not! No offense, but that's not really up there on my top list of things to see. :D

pirate4state
08-24-2006, 03:08 PM
where are the throngs of cuero posters? They are still in school. ;)

DaHop72
08-24-2006, 03:08 PM
Let it begin :) Sweetwater beats them both. Ask rockdale80. SWEETWATER IS GOOD:D

pirate4state
08-24-2006, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
Sweetwater beats them both. Ask rockdale80. SWEETWATER IS GOOD:D :foul: :foul: :foul: HEY!!! Take that crap somewhere else!!! :foul: :foul: :foul:

District303aPastPlayer
08-24-2006, 03:11 PM
:foul: :foul: :foul: HEY!!! Take that crap somewhere else!!! :foul: :foul: :foul:

TELL EM!!!!

DaHop72
08-24-2006, 03:13 PM
:foul: :foul: :foul: HEY!!! Take that crap somewhere else!!! :foul: :foul: :foul: http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/9039/themanvf9.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
It's okay now, I'm here.

DaHop72
08-24-2006, 03:15 PM
TELL EM!!!! http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/5000/juggernautqj4.gif (http://imageshack.us)
YOU WANT SOME OF ME.:D :D

Just kidding 303.:devil: :devil:

sinton3055
08-24-2006, 03:21 PM
Sinton will throw but will keep them short, from what i seen in goliad, will will be able to pass later in the season for sure.

DaHop72
08-24-2006, 04:47 PM
ttt

SintonFan
08-24-2006, 04:48 PM
What the heck is that supposed to mean?:confused:

Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Lord, I hope not! No offense, but that's not really up there on my top list of things to see. :D
Goodness! I didn't catch that typo.:( :blush:

Maroon87
08-24-2006, 04:53 PM
.I'm sure all the thongs will show up next week.

Who's gonna be wearing them?:devil:

SintonFan
08-24-2006, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87
Who's gonna be wearing them?:devil:
:doh:
I really need to change that don't I?

sinton66
08-24-2006, 06:38 PM
SF, you show up in a thong, you're gonna get such a wedgie!:D

carter08
08-24-2006, 06:39 PM
Cuero > Sinton :D

SintonFan
08-24-2006, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
SF, you show up in a thong, you're gonna get such a wedgie!:D
:eek: :eek: :eek:
I never said I'd show up like that!
If I did the game would be canceled for sure(everyone in attendance would have to get retinal re-attachment surgery). *ack ack*

Phantom Stang
08-24-2006, 09:01 PM
Historically speaking, which school holds the edge in this rivalry?

Old Green
08-24-2006, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by Phantom Stang
Historically speaking, which school holds the edge in this rivalry? Sinton 6-5

AggieJohn
08-24-2006, 09:14 PM
how much does sinton getting to play cuero mean to the sinton team

Ranger354
08-24-2006, 09:23 PM
Sinton GETTING to play Cuero. ??????

You make that sound like Sinton should be honorred to play the likes of Cuero.

I think the Sinton D will hold strong. If the Offense can score it should be interesting.

Gobbler Fan
08-24-2006, 09:49 PM
Not sure how many of the Sinton players were on the team when they met in the Alamodome. I'm sure they remember the outcome.

Talking to a few of the Cuero player's they have been waiting for this game for quite a while. Take that how you want .

;)

GreenGobbla
08-24-2006, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by Gobbler Fan
Not sure how many of the Sinton players were on the team when they met in the Alamodome. I'm sure they remember the outcome.

Talking to a few of the Cuero player's they have been waiting for this game for quite a while. Take that how you want .

;)

cool

SintonFan
08-24-2006, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by Gobbler Fan

;)
Cool!
Should make for a slobber-knocker.:clap:

SintonFan_inAustin
08-24-2006, 11:09 PM
Maybe Art Mack makes a appearance for this game :doh:

sinton66
08-24-2006, 11:14 PM
I don't know about Art Mack, but Dale Nelson might be there if his wife likes hs football.

District303aPastPlayer
08-25-2006, 04:02 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin

hes an a$$... he tried ripping me a new one because he cant bag his own stuff at HEB... jerk... anyway... Go Pirates!

CHS_CG
08-25-2006, 08:05 AM
I really wanna go to this game, but I need somebody to carpool with:( its a long drive from here to there!

gobbler grad
08-25-2006, 08:15 AM
Originally posted by CHS_CG
I really wanna go to this game, but I need somebody to carpool with:( its a long drive from here to there!

take the bus...:cheerl:

or your gonna miss a great game...:p

Buccaneer
08-25-2006, 08:19 AM
hes an a$$... he tried ripping me a new one because he cant bag his own stuff at HEB... jerk... anyway... Go Pirates!
Maybe Art Mack gets a slobber-knocker!

DU_stud04
08-25-2006, 08:29 AM
Originally posted by CHS_CG

even further from here.... 400+ miles :-(

still debating if im going to the sinton/cuero game or everman/kennadale

if i do go, whos got the bed and party???:D :D :D

DU_stud04
08-25-2006, 08:31 AM
http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/5000/juggernautqj4.gif (http://imageshack.us)
YOU WANT SOME OF ME.:D :D

Just kidding 303.:devil: :devil:

[B]http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/9039/themanvf9.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
want some of me?!!!!! hahahaha, nice usage of the juggernaut hops:thumbsup:

Ranger Mom
08-25-2006, 08:53 AM

That is a very good point about this board....most of us ARE friends, and it's hard to trash talk to someone you really and truly like!!

Old Green
08-25-2006, 09:00 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
That is a very good point about this board....most of us ARE friends, and it's hard to trash talk to someone you really and truly like!! This is true. We even meet and have dinner before games too.:)

Now if it's team where the posters are arrogant, the let 'er RIP!:cool:

pirate4state
08-25-2006, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by Old Green
This is true. We even meet and have dinner before games too.:) I wonder if I'll be allowed to crash the all boys dinner! :thinking: Eh, like I need permission!!! :devil: :D :D

Old Green
08-25-2006, 09:02 AM
I wonder if I'll be allowed to crash the all boys dinner! :thinking: Eh, like I need permission!!! :devil: :D :D Sure !!!!! I'll buy you dinner anytime.;)

pirate4state
08-25-2006, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by Old Green
Sure !!!!! I'll buy you dinner anytime.;) :inlove: Thank You O.G.!!!! :)

Ranger354
08-25-2006, 10:16 AM
At the Sinton/Taft scrimage last night I noticed that we didn't have many players on Varsity. Talking with a Players parent he said that some of the boys just got tired of the coaches. Suposedly one boy was hurt, the players Dr. said to rest, and the coaches said that if you can play get off the team. That doesn't sound good to me.

I remember when Davenport coached. Everone wanted to play. I also remember when Marchak coached and there was NO Way I was playing for him.

Any views on this.

GOFOR2
08-25-2006, 10:43 AM

I guess that depends on who you're talking about when you say "our". Cuero or Sinton.

GOFOR2
08-25-2006, 10:45 AM

Who?;)

GOFOR2
08-25-2006, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by Ranger354
At the Sinton/Taft scrimage last night I noticed that we didn't have many players on Varsity. Talking with a Players parent he said that some of the boys just got tired of the coaches. Suposedly one boy was hurt, the players Dr. said to rest, and the coaches said that if you can play get off the team. That doesn't sound good to me.

I remember when Davenport coached. Everone wanted to play. I also remember when Marchak coached and there was NO Way I was playing for him.

Any views on this.

Here we go with hearsay.

AggieJohn
08-25-2006, 11:42 AM
Who?;) mack the hack

SintonFan_inAustin
08-25-2006, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by Ranger354
Talking with a Players parent he said that some of the boys just got tired of the coaches.

Any views on this.

yes some kids are not willing to work or take instructions from people in charge. But at that age they dont have to, they can just not play.

pirate4state
08-25-2006, 01:14 PM
yes some kids are not willing to work or take instructions from people in charge. But at that age they dont have to, they can just not play.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: THANK YOU!!!

Except that at some point someone will have to teach them that life lesson that in most cases they will have to take orders from someone!!! :rolleyes:

GOFOR2
08-25-2006, 02:49 PM
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: THANK YOU!!!

Except that at some point someone will have to teach them that life lesson that in most cases they will have to take orders from someone!!! :rolleyes:

They will someday have to take orders from someone that they may not like at all.....That my friends, is life.

pirate4state
08-25-2006, 03:24 PM
They will someday have to take orders from someone that they may not like at all.....That my friends, is life.

"THATS WHAT I SAID! BOOBY TRAPS!" :D

sinfan75
08-25-2006, 04:18 PM
That damn storm gets in the gulf Monday may not be no game. If the powers that be pull that stunt like last year. Shut everything down 4 days before land-fall.

piratebg
08-25-2006, 09:41 PM
I will not say that Sinton is going to win.
I will not say that Cuero is goint to win.
What I do predict is a good, clean hard fought game from two great programs.

44INAROW
08-25-2006, 10:26 PM
Been watching the weather just now, sure hope TS maybe soon to be named Hurricane Ernesto doesn't cause us problems next week....... That would NOT be funny

**sorry didn't realize SintonFan75 posted about this earlier..... but dang, I hope that storm fizzles out and leaves us alone :(

District303aPastPlayer
08-27-2006, 01:15 AM
page 3?!

SLACKERS!!!

MagicMan
08-27-2006, 07:50 PM
ttt

LH Panther Mom
08-27-2006, 08:28 PM
You know it had to happen. And hopefully Ernesto has been banned from this game, since Rita totally messed it up last season. :evillol: :evillol:

The Cuero Gobblers will travel to Sinton to take on the Pirates. This game has generated lots of "talk" on the board over the years and the talk can get quite entertaining. :D

The Gobbler offense is led by QB Noack and rounded out with several capable RB's and WR's. They return 8/7 starters, with several of the state track team playing.

The Pirates return 5/9 starters and went undefeated in district for the eleventy-third year in a row. ;)

Thoughts?

sweetwater07
08-27-2006, 08:31 PM
first to comment and i say Cuero by 7

ol country boy
08-27-2006, 08:42 PM
Cuero by 28

SintonFan_inAustin
08-27-2006, 09:16 PM
i'll be first to hope for a upset Sinton by 2 28-26.

For this to happen Pirates will have to be able to run and drain some game clock time and avoid turnovers.

The Kracken
08-27-2006, 09:22 PM
Cuero in a close game

big daddy russ
08-27-2006, 09:24 PM
Sorry Sintonians.

Cuero by 2+ TDs.

gobblerfan02
08-27-2006, 09:32 PM
Cuero by ten!

Buccaneer
08-27-2006, 09:43 PM
Cuero in a rout!

ol country boy
08-27-2006, 09:49 PM
cuero by 28

GreenGobbla
08-27-2006, 10:03 PM
im going with cuero 31-14

Chris Hart
08-27-2006, 10:06 PM
Cuero 38 - Sinton 21

CalallenWildcat
08-27-2006, 10:30 PM
Cuero by 2 TDs

sintonfanseguin
08-27-2006, 11:09 PM
It will be a very close game. Sinton is pretty tough at home!!!

DU_stud04
08-28-2006, 01:28 AM
sinton by 3

:D :D :D :D :D :D

KingRob
08-28-2006, 04:10 AM
Cuero - 28
Sinton - 6

GO GOBBLERS!

sinfan75
08-28-2006, 04:35 AM
Cuero by a couple td's.

CHS_CG
08-28-2006, 08:01 AM
I say cuero 28-21

pancho villa
08-28-2006, 08:28 AM
Sinton 35 Cuero 0 The turkeys walk the plank!!!!!1

raider red 2000
08-28-2006, 08:45 AM
Originally posted by pancho villa
Sinton 35 Cuero 0 The turkeys walk the plank!!!!!1

i say Fightin Chickens from the Ro take it 34- 10.

BTW- the people that bought tickets last year.....and wernt refunded.....can they use the tickets this year?

pirate4state
08-28-2006, 08:48 AM
Originally posted by raider red 2000

BTW- the people that bought tickets last year.....and wernt refunded.....can they use the tickets this year? LOL! That would be a big, fat NO! Trust me, everyone was PO'd about it last year!!! :D

I won't predict a score...I'll just say good luck to the SINTON PIRATES!! :p

raider red 2000
08-28-2006, 09:18 AM
LOL! That would be a big, fat NO! Trust me, everyone was PO'd about it last year!!! :D

I won't predict a score...I'll just say good luck to the SINTON PIRATES!! :p

i thought that i might be able top get some folks riled up with that :)

as far as the score....who knows.....2 good teams....should be exciting.

gobblerguy6405
08-28-2006, 09:22 AM
starting my 3rd season on the downlow....i guess its time to start posting on here instead of just sitting back and reading...... after last seasons hurricane disruption and all the talk that led up to that disappointing decision to cancel the game... i believe that the gobblers are going to come out and blow sinton away. possibly another blow out like the one back in the dome? it would be nice to see

Buccaneer
08-28-2006, 10:56 AM

BTW- the people that bought tickets last year.....and wernt refunded.....can they use the tickets this year?
Yes, It was just announced ! You can use last year's game ticket!

pancho villa
08-28-2006, 10:58 AM
they need to give tickets away for this one.

District303aPastPlayer
08-28-2006, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by Buccaneer

how many people you thikn STILL have those

AggieJohn
08-28-2006, 11:01 AM
how many people you thikn STILL have those that's a cheap way of trying to appease the fans
most people that are going to this game are season ticket holders and already have a ticket to this years game

SINTON81
08-28-2006, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
that's a cheap way of trying to appease the fans
most people that are going to this game are season ticket holders and already have a ticket to this years game

Well if anyone has tickets from last year and has season tickets for this year, call me. I'm willing to take some of those tickets of your hands and I won't charge you a dime. Just hand them to me and I'll get rid of them for you.:D :D

By the way Sinton over Cuero by a little.

Buccaneer
08-28-2006, 12:20 PM
Just be aware! I didn't tell you What you can use them for!

crabman
08-28-2006, 01:02 PM
Cuero 33 Sinton 7

Cuero's extra points are always slow to come along. That 7 that our defense gives up will be very late. Size will not hurt us. Speed will not hurt us. Our defense will be what enables us to finally turn the corner this year.

Can't wait to see Noack in a game situation. Scrimmages are hard to get a read on. I know the DB's better give our receivers 12-15 yards of cushion or we will go long on you. Then if you do give us the 12-15 we will dink you to death all night long. Double teams are welcome. We have three other receivers that are equally as fast as whomever you guard. All four wide outs, our fullback, and tailback are all sub 11 hundred meter guys. Our FULLBACK is the state 100M silver medalist and for some unknown reason he has decided to run tough this year. The O-line is our biggest question mark. We will know by the second quarter if we have IT or not. 3 out of 5 line spots are rock solid. Two are up in the air. On our line we have one of Dave Campbells top juniors (gobbler84) and one of his top sophomores (Desmond Patton) (aka Strahan).

Now that I think about it 33 may be a tad light. Oh well, I'll stick with it.

pirate44
08-28-2006, 01:19 PM
i may have 3 tix from last year. but if i gave them out, they might try to sit in my seats:mad:

raider red 2000
08-28-2006, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by crabman
Cuero 33 Sinton 7

Cuero's extra points are always slow to come along. That 7 that our defense gives up will be very late. Size will not hurt us. Speed will not hurt us. Our defense will be what enables us to finally turn the corner this year.

Can't wait to see Noack in a game situation. Scrimmages are hard to get a read on. I know the DB's better give our receivers 12-15 yards of cushion or we will go long on you. Then if you do give us the 12-15 we will dink you to death all night long. Double teams are welcome. We have three other receivers that are equally as fast as whomever you guard. All four wide outs, our fullback, and tailback are all sub 11 hundred meter guys. Our FULLBACK is the state 100M silver medalist and for some unknown reason he has decided to run tough this year. The O-line is our biggest question mark. We will know by the second quarter if we have IT or not. 3 out of 5 line spots are rock solid. Two are up in the air. On our line we have one of Dave Campbells top juniors (gobbler84) and one of his top sophomores (Desmond Patton) (aka Strahan).

Now that I think about it 33 may be a tad light. Oh well, I'll stick with it.

sounds like cuero has already won.

i guess the Sintonians need not even show up.

crabman
08-28-2006, 01:38 PM
I didn't say that. I am just saying that I have followed Cuero since '93 and this is the most pure talent we have ever had. There is a lot more to the game than pure talent but all things being equal, talent wins.

pirate4state
08-28-2006, 01:39 PM

i guess the Sintonians need not even show up. well according to Sintonfaninseguin we don't have enough spirit either! ;) :D

SintonFan
08-28-2006, 01:41 PM

i guess the Sintonians need not even show up.
lol
I've said the same thing over and over. I've tackled the Cuero rommies many a time just because of what they have said is considered pure arrogance. It can also be said sometimes a lack of respect for their opponents. Alas, I'll probably pass on most of these arguments this year.:(

Ranger Mom
08-28-2006, 01:42 PM
I didn't say that. I am just saying that I have followed Cuero since '93 and this is the most pure talent we have ever had. There is a lot more to the game than pure talent but all things being equal, talent wins.

Hard work and hustle will beat talent, when talent won't work hard and hustle.

(Not saying that Cuero doesn't work hard or hustle...your post just reminded me of that quote....:D )

pirate4state
08-28-2006, 01:43 PM
lol
I said the same thing over and over. I've tackled the Cuero rommies many a time just because of what they have said is considered pure arrogance. It can also be said sometimes a lack of respect for their opponents. Alas, I'll probably pass on most of these arguments this year.:( I don't think Crabman said anything "bad" just what he believes about his team. Guess I could go on & on about how I believe Sinton will wipe the field with Cuero doesn't mean it's gonna happen. ;)

SintonFan
08-28-2006, 01:44 PM
I don't think Crabman said anything "bad" just what he believes about his team. Guess I could go on & on about how I believe Sinton will wipe the field with Cuero doesn't mean it's gonna happen. ;)
And that's why I didn't mention crabman, just the rommies.

pirate4state
08-28-2006, 01:45 PM
And that's why I didn't mention crabsman, just the rommies. :confused: I guess you've gone and confused me...just what in the hell are you talking about? :D

44INAROW
08-28-2006, 01:46 PM
Dang, I am ready for some football!! will be a bitter-sweet season for me - I've had a child on the field in green since 1991 - this will be the last year - the youngest is graduating...... Guess I'll be watching the granddaughters cheer, play volleyball and softball in a few years to keep me sane :) :)

crabman
08-28-2006, 02:13 PM
I am not a ROMMIE nor the father of one. I am one of the more unbiased Cuero posters. I can look at things fairly objectively. Most of the Cuero posters know me and at least one Sweetwater poster knows me. I am just stating what I know and think. I KNOW we will be the faster team. I am pretty sure I KNOW Sinton will be the bigger team. Based on what I have seen of Sinton in past years and what they are bringing back this year, I THINK Cuero will win by a good margin. Is some of this hope? Yeah. Is some of this just good forum material? Absolutely. That's what this forum is for. If we couldn't express our opinions and homerism, what is the point? We could just post scores on Friday night and everybody could go to bed. Does a little trash talk thrown in make this a bad platform for getting your point across. I don't think so. It is what keeps these threads going and what keeps people logging on day after day. What did Adidas say today? What did shadow13 think about the game? Life would be pretty boring without opinions and good natured fun.

raider red 2000
08-28-2006, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
Dang, I am ready for some football!! will be a bitter-sweet season for me - I've had a child on the field in green since 1991 - this will be the last year - the youngest is graduating...... Guess I'll be watching the granddaughters cheer, play volleyball and softball in a few years to keep me sane :) :)

i assume that you will keep following them...seems like most of teh cueroites that follow the fighting chickens dont have any family on the team.....just love the sport, the school, and the kids.

BTW- fighting chickens is what i like to call them....not supposed to be bad...just gets on my wife's nerves....she was a fighting chicken. :)

raider red 2000
08-28-2006, 02:17 PM
I am not a ROMMIE nor the father of one. I am one of the more unbiased Cuero posters. I can look at things fairly objectively. Most of the Cuero posters know me and at least one Sweetwater poster knows me. I am just stating what I know and think. I KNOW we will be the faster team. I am pretty sure I KNOW Sinton will be the bigger team. Based on what I have seen of Sinton in past years and what they are bringing back this year, I THINK Cuero will win by a good margin. Is some of this hope? Yeah. Is some of this just good forum material? Absolutely. That's what this forum is for. If we couldn't express our opinions and homerism, what is the point? We could just post scores on Friday night and everybody could go to bed. Does a little trash talk thrown in make this a bad platform for getting your point across. I don't think so. It is what keeps these threads going and what keeps people logging on day after day. What did Adidas say today? What did shadow13 think about the game? Life would be pretty boring without opinions and good natured fun.

hey buddy....that is why i threw that jab about the game being over....to get some people excited....that is what makes this place so cool.

MagicMan
08-28-2006, 02:26 PM

clint finley had more talent than any team cuero has ever had. then you have to add jenkins and kubesch. 94 was great

SintonFan
08-28-2006, 02:33 PM
Noone said you were a rommie or the parent of one. It's a whole brand new year, kinda exciting isn't it? I won't live in the past, but you gotta admit some of the talk from the past few years was a lil "out there" and sometimes got out of hand. Keep posting crabman, I always read your opinions and enjoy them.:cool:

Ranger354
08-28-2006, 05:27 PM
I would like to see a good CLEAN game. No injuries! Everyone makes it home safe.

Sinton scores on a last minute field goal to win.............

Never let a win get to your head, or a loss to your heart.

"from song by Public Enemy "He Got Game"

MagicMan
08-28-2006, 06:27 PM
if reeve decides to air it out all game cuero will win by about 50. if he calls a balanced game just to see what the team needs to work on then cuero by 28

SintonFan
08-28-2006, 06:36 PM
if reeve decides to air it out all game cuero will win by about 50. if he calls a balanced game just to see what the team needs to work on then cuero by 28
lol
Work your magic and go away.:p :D

MagicMan
08-28-2006, 07:00 PM
im not the only one predicting a blowout. geez. reeve aired it out against yoakum in the first half and they scored 5 touchdowns

sinfan75
08-28-2006, 07:10 PM
I will say Sinton has beaten Cuero when they more speed more size and more talent. Sinton just flat out-played em. Not sayin Sinton will do it Friday but if Cuero don't play up to snuff and Sinton does, Cuero may have a problem. Sinton's D is no slouch. They will be very good. How they handle Cuero's speed will be the key. Then if Sinton can put a couple tds on the boaed ain't no tellin what can happen.

Gobbler Fan
08-28-2006, 08:11 PM
The only question about this game will be is how is Coach Reeve going to go about this .

1. As said in a previous post he can air it out and run the spread and go for the jugular .
2. He can play a balanced game and run some smash mouth football mixed in with a lil passing .

I think he does both .......which one he does first I dont know but unless Sinton scores quick this may get ugly.........This is just my oppinion but Cuero in a blowout 21+

tigerpride_08
08-28-2006, 08:13 PM
i think this one is going to be closer than everyone thinks...watch out for an upset...

pirate44
08-28-2006, 08:16 PM
the only way sinton can stay in this one is to eliminate mistakes and turnovers. being its the first game of the season, thats a big request.

tigerpride_08
08-28-2006, 08:19 PM
the only way sinton can stay in this one is to eliminate mistakes and turnovers. being its the first game of the season, thats a big request.

i think they will come out pumped...im sayin the score will be 10-7 Sinton.. :D

pirate44
08-28-2006, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by tigerpride_08
i just cant see a total gobbler offensive merltdown, but then again, i thought hitchcock was gonna beat sinton ;)

GOFOR2
08-28-2006, 08:30 PM
Just be aware! I didn't tell you What you can use them for!

how bout we use them to shove into your mouth.

GOFOR2
08-28-2006, 08:37 PM

kinda sounds like the recipe to win almost any other game, huh?

pirate44
08-28-2006, 08:43 PM
kinda sounds like the recipe to win almost any other game, huh?
any other game, you have more experience and are less prone to mistakes. with this being .the first game, and cuero having more talent than sinton, the pirates cant afford those "first game" mistakes.

gobbler grad
08-28-2006, 08:46 PM
Cuero 28-7...be a little slow at first , but then Noack finds his rhythm...good luck Sinton... defensive backs...:eek:
Reeve calls off the dogs and lets everyone play...

SintonFan
08-28-2006, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by gobbler grad
Cuero 28-7...be a little slow at first , but then Noack finds his rhythm...good luck Sinton... defensive backs...:eek:
I like your sig Minnie me.

Never put both feet in your mouth at the same time, because then you don't have a leg to stand on...
:tongue: :tongue: :foul:

44INAROW
08-28-2006, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by gobbler grad

that's what I am hoping for :)

99IHSMustang
08-28-2006, 11:10 PM
I predict the game will be close for 2 Quarters. The second half will be taken over by Cuero. Cuero by 21.

Texas-Fight
08-28-2006, 11:51 PM
Cuero

JT44
08-29-2006, 06:32 AM
Originally posted by tigerpride_08

Even if Sinton is pumped, there's is absolutely no way Cuero scores just one TD.
How many of these current Sinton players were on the team from two years ago? After their game in Cuero in 04, I thought these two teams were in for a classic at the Dome. Turned into a blowout.
I think there are only about 5 players on Cuero who played then.

Everyone knows Cuero has speed, but what are Sinton's strengths? In '04 they seemed to run a spread offense with a good running game.

pirate4state
08-29-2006, 11:17 AM
LMAO - 3 days to game day and this is on PAGE 6!!! :eek: :eek:

District303aPastPlayer
08-29-2006, 11:21 AM
Im still tryin to work to get to this game...

pirate44
08-29-2006, 11:25 AM

region iv game of the week thread stickie has taken over.

pirate44
08-29-2006, 11:26 AM
Im still tryin to work to get to this game...
you gonna be outa town, or working? if its work, im sorry to hear your starting to feel ill. its bound to hit you hard by the end of the week. make sure you stay home and gets lots of rest on friday ;)

pirate4state
08-29-2006, 11:29 AM
region iv game of the week thread stickie has taken over. but this IS the "official" thread ;)

pirate44
08-29-2006, 11:30 AM
but this IS the "official" thread ;)
unofficially of course

SintonFan_inAustin
08-29-2006, 12:33 PM
Sinton has no speed, size and all of them were in that game at the dome and they wont be pumped for this game, but oh well the Pirates will still show up for the game;)

44INAROW
08-29-2006, 12:34 PM
unofficially of course

so it's the "Unofficial Official Thread"? :D :D :D

pirate44
08-29-2006, 12:34 PM
fajitas and football..i cant wait

pirate44
08-29-2006, 12:35 PM
so it's the "Unofficial Official Thread"? :D :D :D
or so they would have you believe:thinking:

DaHop72
08-29-2006, 12:35 PM

Cuero sucks! :p I hear "Sweetwater is GOOD".:devil:

Gobbla2001
08-29-2006, 12:40 PM
I still need to get to the game, but I'll go ahead and talk about what I think...

I haven't seen Sinton play...

I DO know that they've had some good underclassmen teams, and I haven't seen those kids yet...

But just off the top of my head, if I had to make a prediction on what they lost last year adding good young players to this year's team, I'd say ** - ** Cuero ;)

In all honesty this team just seems special to me...

I think crabman touched on this a little just before the first scrimmage, but the past few years have seen "Business Only" teams running through Cuero... they'd come out on the field, play football and show as little emotion as possible which worked for them until they lost I guess...

This year's team seems REALLY loose, and dangerously loose for other teams... they're just really confident and are out there having fun... they know the plays, they know the signs, they know everything, they're just out there having fun together...

The defense is one of the best "I've" EVER seen in High School football, and yes I've watched good teams play...

Starting up front, the D-Line is full of size, talent and a lot of speed (DE Hargrove won silver in the 100 at state), those guys will be alternating and giving the others rest, gunna be fresher than last year...

Then you go to the linebackers... speed and toughness, wear two chin straps...

Defensive backs, though? My lord... bring your running game... and a third chin strap if you get past the LB's...

Offensively the line will be fine, they're almost there... The passing game will be just as good as last year with more weapons to replace Wesley who graduated... Olguin will do great a RB again and we will not be hurting at FB...

but what I like about the offense is the possible emergence of a new great RB... this sophmore can fly... to be honest with you it reminded me of Latreal Cooper in his sophmore season... he gave me that "Where in the hell did this guy come from" feeling like Coop, he's freaking fast and I don't think he's afraid to hit either...

I'm for sure not saying no one can score on us, or that no one will stop us, I'm just giving you my opinions in my own little way...

scrub c
08-29-2006, 12:43 PM
cuero by 28

scrub c
08-29-2006, 12:45 PM
i thought "official" was off limits ???

and that is my official response

District303aPastPlayer
08-29-2006, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by scrub c
i thought "official" was off limits ???

and that is my official response

Official 3aDL is off limits... this isnt the Official 3aDL thread, just the official internet message board thread...

Gobbla2001
08-29-2006, 12:49 PM
fajitas and football..i cant wait

beer and football???

scrub c
08-29-2006, 12:49 PM
thanks for the "official" clarification

pirate44
08-29-2006, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
beer and football???
unfortunate, the powers that be frown on that combination :(

SintonFan_inAustin
08-29-2006, 12:53 PM
Thats good info for fans that havent seen Cuero play. I've seen them play at least once past 3 years and each year they seem better. One of the keys to stop them is dont give up the big plays, which is not easy because they will most likely have the fastest players on the field. Not sure how Hutto did it but they might had been physical with them from the start of the line of scrimmage. Havent seen Sinton this year, just by what i hear from some, Hopefully they are right and Sinton is up to the challenge.

SintonFan_inAustin
08-29-2006, 12:58 PM
I hear "Sweetwater is GOOD".:devil:

yea i heard Agua Dulce should be good this year. Go Longhorns!

JT44
08-29-2006, 01:10 PM
[i] Not sure how Hutto did it but they might had been physical with them from the start of the line of scrimmage. Havent seen Sinton this year, just by what i hear from some, Hopefully they are right and Sinton is up to the challenge. [/B]

Hutto stuffed the middle with their line and most of all controlled the clock like I had never seen. I think they averaged maybe 7-9 minutes per drive that game. One of Cuero's big play receivers went down early, allowing the double team on the other threat. the running backs had to make big catches and runs to the outside.

pirate44
08-29-2006, 01:35 PM
halfway down page 1!!! unacceptable:mad:

MagicMan
08-29-2006, 03:09 PM
i think someone told hutto that cuero likes to check out of plays so their defense just moved around like crazy before the snap and a lot of plays that would have worked got checked out of and instead of calling timeout or possibly fixing things at halftime the plays kept getting changed at the line and they never worked.

District303aPastPlayer
08-29-2006, 06:44 PM
Go Pirates!

Gobbla2001
08-29-2006, 06:45 PM
Go Ass Kickin' Chickens!!!

and no one get injured por favor

DU_stud04
08-29-2006, 06:46 PM
Go sweetwater!!!!!

oooopps....wrong thread?....my bad:D :D :D

GOFOR2
08-29-2006, 06:52 PM
I suppose that's why they play the games. Doesnt really matter what it looks like on paper or in your opinions.

crabman
08-29-2006, 07:19 PM
That sophomore that Gobbla was talking about is Isaiah Glover. If that ain't a football name, I don't know what is. He is fast. Triple jumped 42 or 43 feet as a Freshman. Very fast with instinctive moves. Not jukey (if that is a word). More like Vince Young elusiveness. He is not big but just a little shift of his hips and you see guys grabbing at air.

The other thing about our defensive backs that I forgot about was their unbelievable leaping ability. I know Gray, Scott, and Ruiz all have vertical leaps over 36". LBJ had that 6'-4" receiver and they kept throwing those jumpballs to him. It wasn't even close. We would go up and either intercept or bat it away. End zone corner routes should not burn us ever.

Gobbla2001
08-29-2006, 07:24 PM
That sophomore that Gobbla was talking about is Isaiah Glover.

I was under the impression that it was a Williams... thought Glover was on JV...

thanks for the confirmation...

crabman
08-29-2006, 07:29 PM
Heck, we have a stable full. David Williams is just about that good. He is a Junior I think. He is some kind of tough too. We need to go on and open up the free agent market. Maybe some other teams have some needs to fill. I guess we could trade for some special teamers.

crabman
08-29-2006, 07:32 PM
I saw Kaeron sprinting onto the field today. Sure is good to see him go 100%.

Do any of you Sinton posters have any connections? We could sure use a cool front on Friday at about 5:30 or 6:00. Wouldn't want our boys to get too hot.

Gobbla2001
08-29-2006, 07:36 PM
I guess we could trade for some special teamers.

yah, about 11 of the nation's best FG blockers ...;)

crabman
08-29-2006, 07:37 PM
Maybe that kid on the Saudi Arabia little league team.

Gobbla2001
08-29-2006, 07:39 PM
Maybe that kid on the Saudi Arabia little league team.

Nah, Kaeron would chew him up and spit him into Patton's mouth like a momma bird...

crabman
08-29-2006, 07:41 PM
One of you Sinton posters, give me your offensive line from left to right including tight end and a little bit about each kid. Height weight etc....

I will do the same for the Gobblers.

SintonFan_inAustin
08-29-2006, 07:45 PM
its usually around 100 around that time 5-6 pm:flaming:

HAN SING
08-29-2006, 08:11 PM
Han Sing think Cuero beat snot out of sailor this week. It time to abandon ship. so sorry. Not year of pirate.

SintonFan
08-29-2006, 09:02 PM
GO PIRATES!!!:clap: :clap: :clap:

MagicMan
08-29-2006, 09:07 PM
go pirates

MagicMan
08-29-2006, 11:40 PM
i heard somewhere along the grapevine that the 04 and 05 cuero teams went out like it was business cuz they played as a team and that this years team goes out and appears to have fun but really are just big headed.

Phantom Stang
08-30-2006, 12:20 AM
I hear "Sweetwater is GOOD".:devil:
You know it!!:cool:

pirate44
08-30-2006, 09:48 AM
this is the "Official" pirate44 "ttt" post

pirate4state
08-30-2006, 09:50 AM
Do any of you Sinton posters have any connections? We could sure use a cool front on Friday at about 5:30 or 6:00. Wouldn't want our boys to get too hot. Like for a fan? :D :D :D Those kind of connections?? :evillol:

GO PIRATES!! :cheerl:

KingRob
08-30-2006, 11:09 AM
i heard somewhere along the grapevine that the 04 and 05 cuero teams went out like it was business cuz they played as a team and that this years team goes out and appears to have fun but really are just big headed.
Sounds like sour grapes to me!!

GO CUERO!

piratebg
08-30-2006, 12:14 PM
I got my tickets this morning at 8 and there is nothing that's gonna keep me from going this year. I was a bit surprised to see that there were still a lot of tickets available. Oh well. I guess the town doesn't have that much faith in the team year.

Gobbla2001
08-30-2006, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by KingRob
Sounds like sour grapes to me!!

yah, sounds like the little man is gunna bash every single Cuero team that ever played BUT his... that one was the best ever (last year)...

pirate4state
08-30-2006, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by piratebg
I got my tickets this morning at 8 and there is nothing that's gonna keep me from going this year. I was a bit surprised to see that there were still a lot of tickets available. Oh well. I guess the town doesn't have that much faith in the team year. Maybe they are waiting to buy them at the gate this year. ;)

GO PIRATES!!!

piratebg
08-30-2006, 02:26 PM
Maybe they are waiting to buy them at the gate this year. ;)

GO PIRATES!!!

I'll just keep telling myself that, but this town has some of the worst fans that I can think of. They really don't cheer their team on at games, and are quick to judge a team they haven't seen yet. But once we start winning, they'll be like, "We never miss a game."

pirate4state
08-30-2006, 02:27 PM
I'll just keep telling myself that, but this town has some of the worst fans that I can think of. They really don't cheer their team on at games, and are quick to judge a team they haven't seen yet. But once we start winning, they'll be like, "We never miss a game." :eek: :eek: ROFL! Amazing!!! :cool:

piratebg
08-30-2006, 02:41 PM
:eek: :eek: ROFL! Amazing!!! :cool:

You been to the games, Rita. You know it's true. I've seen better crowds who support teams that are not that good. I really wish I could say otherwise, but ours is a joke.

pirate44
08-30-2006, 02:47 PM
You been to the games, Rita. You know it's true. I've seen better crowds who support teams that are not that good. I really wish I could say otherwise, but ours is a joke.
preachin to the choir brotha.

pirate4state
08-30-2006, 02:47 PM
You been to the games, Rita. You know it's true. I've seen better crowds who support teams that are not that good. I really wish I could say otherwise, but ours is a joke. Maybe you should start a "bleacher creature" section!!! :D Remember those guys from the 2001 season?? :clap: :clap:

pirate44
08-30-2006, 03:01 PM
2 days!! wow. hard to believe we kick this thing off already.

piratebg
08-30-2006, 03:05 PM
I got my tickets

I got my tickets

I got my tickets

And believe it or not, there is a freakin lot of them still left.

pirate4state
08-30-2006, 03:06 PM
I got my tickets

I got my tickets

I got my tickets

And believe it or not, there is a freakin lot of them still left. What? You are not a SEASON TICKET HOLDER???? What kind of fan are you???? :eek: :eek:

44INAROW
08-30-2006, 03:06 PM
2 days!! wow. hard to believe we kick this thing off already.

that's cause we are like the Boy Scouts - always prepared :D :D

by the way - if anyone sees Rita today, be sure and tell her I said "DAM* ITS HOT"

(she'll know what I mean) :) :p :p :p

pirate4state
08-30-2006, 03:09 PM
that's cause we are like the Boy Scouts - always prepared :D :D

by the way - if anyone sees Rita today, be sure and tell her I said "DAMN ITS HOT"

(she'll know what I mean) :) :p :p :p :foul:

That's all ya got? :mad:

ROFL!! :D :D

I'm pretty sure you can use DAMN

pirate44
08-30-2006, 03:14 PM
:foul:

That's all ya got? :mad:

ROFL!! :D :D

I'm pretty sure you can use DAMN
damn isnt a bad word. only the selective prefixes, that make it bad

MagicMan
08-30-2006, 03:29 PM
yah, sounds like the little man is gunna bash every single Cuero team that ever played BUT his... that one was the best ever (last year)...

why do you act like you know everything? i played with these guys last year so i know what kind of attitude they have.

SintonFan
08-30-2006, 03:55 PM
I disagree. One thing that I'm sure about our faithful is that many of them are quite humble about the boys' success and tend to be pretty hard on themselves.

piratebg
08-30-2006, 03:56 PM
What? You are not a SEASON TICKET HOLDER???? What kind of fan are you???? :eek: :eek:

I would if I could, but with my work schedule it makes it very difficult. I'm only going to be able to make 3-5 games from what I can tell, so it makes sense to buy them on a one game basis.

pirate4state
08-30-2006, 03:57 PM
I would if I could, but with my work schedule it makes it very difficult. I'm only going to be able to make 3-5 games from what I can tell, so it makes sense to buy them on a one game basis. I guess so, but then this also means you really shouldn't gripe about the lack of fan participation if you only go to 3-5 games. ;) :D

SintonFan
08-30-2006, 03:59 PM
Well, I'll admit that Cuero is heavily favored in this game. I do think the Pirates will play good and keep the game from getting out of hand. No score but I'll say Cuero by a couple of touchdowns. I hope I'm proven wrong.:)
GO PIRATES!!!!!!
PLUCK THOSE DURN CRASS KICKIN CHICKENS!!!!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

SintonFan
08-30-2006, 03:59 PM
I guess so, but then this also means you really shouldn't gripe about the lack of fan participation if you only go to 3-5 games. ;) :D
ROFL!
she got ya there pbg...:p

piratebg
08-30-2006, 04:03 PM
I guess so, but then this also means you really shouldn't gripe about the lack of fan participation if you only go to 3-5 games. ;) :D

From about 1993-2004 I made every single game. Last season, due to work, I only made 3 games. I've never really been impressed with the Sinton crowd, as a whole.

pirate44
08-30-2006, 04:08 PM
ROFL!
she got ya there pbg...:p

mmm...i could go for a peanut butter and gelly right about now

piratebg
08-30-2006, 04:09 PM

Peanut

B utter

G elly

Is that with or without the crust? :D

pirate4state
08-30-2006, 04:10 PM
From about 1993-2004 I made every single game. Last season, due to work, I only made 3 games. I've never really been impressed with the Sinton crowd, as a whole. Like I said...create "bleacher creature" section! You've attended more games than I have! I've only been back home since 2001.

pirate44
08-30-2006, 04:11 PM
Peanut

B utter

G elly

Is that with or without the crust? :D
im not sure. the more i look at my post, the more i wish i hadnt posted it.

piratebg
08-30-2006, 04:12 PM
Like I said...create "bleacher creature" section! You've attended more games than I have! I've only been back home since 2001.

I only did the bleacher creature thing for the girls teams. So until there is a girls football team, I'll leave my costumes at home. :)

pirate44
08-30-2006, 04:12 PM
I only did the bleacher creature thing for the girls teams. So until there is a girls football team, I'll leave my costumes at home. :)
they better make a boys vollyball team before they come out with girls football.

SintonFan
08-30-2006, 04:14 PM
Ya read my mind FoFo :thumbsup:

SintonFan
08-30-2006, 04:16 PM
A few of us dressed up as Pirates for an AP game a few years ago. I don't remember exactly which year but I remember it was on Halloween.:cool:

piratebg
08-30-2006, 04:20 PM
they better make a boys vollyball team before they come out with girls football.

I'd feel better watching girls compete in a full contact sport than a watch a group of guys spiking balls in spandex shorts.

pirate44
08-30-2006, 04:21 PM
Ya read my mind FoFo :thumbsup:
either that or peanut butter and marshmellow cream sandwich

Gobbla2001
08-30-2006, 05:51 PM
why do you act like you know everything? i played with these guys last year so i know what kind of attitude they have.

I don't act like I know everything, I DO know everything...

Last year is just that, last year...

Now I know you're not the tallest guy on the block (and neither am I), but did you grow any in between '04 and '05??? Physically, mentally, spiritually??? Hell I don't care...

Were you out there practicing with them this year??? Hell I sure wasn't...

All this is based on what I've seen coming from Cuero, not what I've read from Houston...

I know it's hard, you're gunna show a bias when it comes to the teams you played with vs. the teams you didn't, but the pecimism you have shown just goes through the roof...

You're afraid that they'll go 15-0/16-0 and it just bugs the hell out of you because you were born one year too early...

be happy for 'em if they do...

Gobbla2001
08-30-2006, 05:52 PM
nm

SintonFan_inAustin
08-30-2006, 06:48 PM

:doh: We all attend and react to games different. some like to hollar thru out the game, some will give the ocassional clap, some with just stand thru out the game, some sit thru out the game, but they paid just like u and they can show their support however they want. but some just need to see others stirring it up and they jump into it too. It would be a mad house if all got rowdy thru out the game.:) . My group has people that can yell, person that dont say a word thru out the game just likes sitting there and watching, some that start talking about non football stuff:D and some kids that constantly out cheering the cheerleaders. So just enjoy the game the way u like it and if u can, get others to enjoy it like u;)

sinton66
08-30-2006, 06:55 PM
or an Elvis sandwich. {Fried peanut butter and bananas}

MagicMan
08-30-2006, 06:59 PM
I don't act like I know everything, I DO know everything...

Last year is just that, last year...

Now I know you're not the tallest guy on the block (and neither am I), but did you grow any in between '04 and '05??? Physically, mentally, spiritually??? Hell I don't care...

Were you out there practicing with them this year??? Hell I sure wasn't...

All this is based on what I've seen coming from Cuero, not what I've read from Houston...

I know it's hard, you're gunna show a bias when it comes to the teams you played with vs. the teams you didn't, but the pecimism you have shown just goes through the roof...

You're afraid that they'll go 15-0/16-0 and it just bugs the hell out of you because you were born one year too early...

be happy for 'em if they do...

i dont care what they do. they jump around and celebrate over nothing way too much. this is stuff ive heard since being in cuero not in houston.

sinton66
08-30-2006, 07:00 PM
I've seen teams/towns with coordinated cheering. Some of it is pretty cool. I think the complaint about Sinton that I usually hear is that the crowd (Adults) don't cheer with the cheerleaders., but what they are really saying is there is no coordination of the effort.

pirate4state
08-30-2006, 07:02 PM
I've seen teams/towns with coordinated cheering. Some of it is pretty cool. I think the complaint about Sinton that I usually hear is that the crowd (Adults) don't cheer with the cheerleaders., but what they are really saying is there is no coordination of the effort. Uh...some of our cheerleaders are NOT paying attention to the game so asking them to "lead" the fans is a big JOKE!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Does anyone remember that little old man at the baseball games in San Antonio???? :clap: :clap: He really got the crowd going!!

Gobbla2001
08-30-2006, 07:13 PM
i dont care what they do. they jump around and celebrate over nothing way too much. this is stuff ive heard since being in cuero not in houston.

must have heard wrong...

admit it you want them to fail...

MagicMan
08-30-2006, 07:22 PM
honestly its sad how some of the underclassmen gave up last year at the end of the game while us seniors played our hearts out. so in a way it would be nice to see them fail and know that they'll never have a chance again. but i got some friends on the team and i hope they do well

Gobbla2001
08-30-2006, 07:23 PM
\ so in a way it would be nice to see them fail \

Ohhh so it all comes out now...

surely one or two of your friends on the team post here and could do without your "friendly" comments/advice...

MagicMan
08-30-2006, 07:27 PM
the senior leadership carried the 05 team the whole year and when we needed some underclassmen to step up they cowered down and let the game get away. i will give props to quincy whittington for his amazing performance.

Gobbla2001
08-30-2006, 07:29 PM
the senior leadership carried the 05 team the whole year and when we needed some underclassmen to step up they cowered down and let the game get away. i will give props to quincy whittington for his amazing performance.

Oh, kinda like your senior QB and RB that lead their position in stats...

Oops, juniors...

MagicMan
08-30-2006, 07:35 PM
yeah their stats would have been so awesome without those senior linemen...

Gobbla2001
08-30-2006, 07:38 PM
yeah their stats would have been so awesome without those senior linemen...

Having been a lineman myself I can understand that it helps to have a good line...

But wasn't one of your linemen a sophmore??? wasn't another a junior???

Wow... you have serious grudge issues dude...

SintonFan_inAustin
08-30-2006, 07:40 PM
:) this has turn into sinton fans being one of the worst fans for not cheering enough and a ex gobbler player upset still over how last year football season ended. Its week 0 , plenty of time to get behind the team and their supporters :cool:

Gobbla2001
08-30-2006, 07:42 PM
:) this has turn into sinton fans being one of the worst fans for not cheering enough and a ex gobbler player upset still over how last year football season ended. Its week 0 , plenty of time to get behind the team and their supporters :cool:

funny isn't it

pirate44
08-30-2006, 07:58 PM
or an Elvis sandwich. {Fried peanut butter and bananas}
fried in lotsa butta

piratebg
08-30-2006, 08:01 PM
GO PIRATES

I would really love to see Sinton come out of this game with a victory, but I have to give the edge to the visiting team. Regardless, I know the Pirates are going to fight the whole way. Go get em Pirates!!!

sinton66
08-30-2006, 09:28 PM
GO PIRATES

I would really love to see Sinton come out of this game with a victory, but I have to give the edge to the visiting team. Regardless, I know the Pirates are going to fight the whole way. Go get em Pirates!!!

Hey, we can dream can't we? Think about it, Pirates got nothing to lose and everything to gain.;) Go get 'em Pirates.

TAMUGRAD
08-30-2006, 09:40 PM
funny isn't it

No, it is not funny. It is really kind of sad, that someone who calls themselves a Gobbler and a team player is now behaving most un gobbler-like and not at all like a team player. Playing the name and blame game is not a TEAM kind of thing to do. The TEAM lost that game, underclassmen and seniors alike. I know that there have been two heart breaking years in a row. I sat in the stands and cried along with you guys. A loss at the state finals in '04 and a loss at the semi finals in '05, but come on, there were two teams left in '04 and four in '05 that is a great accomplishment and something to be proud of. Let it go and knock that chip off your shoulder, and give these kids a break. You can not possibly think that the loss last year was due to underclassmen not pulling their weight. If you do believe this then maybe you should have watched this game from where I watched it, the stands, and let an underclassman play for you. There were plenty underclassmen standing on the sideline, who would have loved to have had the opportunity to play in a state semi-final game.

As a Gobbler, I can not believe that you could be harboring so much resentment toward this year's team that you would not want to see them succeed. If this is the case, I'll repeat what has already been said.....sour grapes.

As for the big headed issue....
These kids have been told from Jr. High on that they can and will accomplish all their goals.
Not big headed....Just confident in their abilities.

Gobbla2001
08-30-2006, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by TAMUGRAD
No, it is not funny. It is really kind of sad, that someone who calls themselves a Gobbler and a team player is now behaving most un gobbler-like and not at all like a team player. Playing the name and blame game is not a TEAM kind of thing to do. The TEAM lost that game, underclassmen and seniors alike. I know that there have been two heart breaking years in a row. I sat in the stands and cried along with you guys. A loss at the state finals in '04 and a loss at the semi finals in '05, but come on, there were two teams left in '04 and four in '05 that is a great accomplishment and something to be proud of. Let it go and knock that chip off your shoulder, and give these kids a break. You can not possibly think that the loss last year was due to underclassmen not pulling their weight. If you do believe this then maybe you should have watched this game from where I watched it, the stands.

As a Gobbler, I can not believe that you could be harboring so much resentment toward this year's team that you would not want to see them succeed. If this is the case, I'll repeat what has already been said.....sour grapes.

As for the big headed issue....
These kids have been told from Jr. High on that they can and will accomplish all their goals.
Not big headed....Just confident in their abilities.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

hotpockets
08-30-2006, 10:07 PM
good luck Sinton from the hill country.

SintonFan
08-30-2006, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by hotpockets
good luck Sinton from the hill country.
SWEET!!!!!
GO PIRATES!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BEAT CUERO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:clap: :clap: :clap:
yall take this up in pm's please?

SintonFan
08-31-2006, 12:42 AM
either that or peanut butter and marshmellow cream sandwich
Never tried that.:thinking:
and....
GO PIRATES!!!!!!!!!!!!
DEEP FRY THOSE TURKEYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:clap: :clap: :clap:

in olive oil, of course... lol

JT44
08-31-2006, 06:52 AM
honestly its sad how some of the underclassmen gave up last year at the end of the game while us seniors played our hearts out. so in a way it would be nice to see them fail and know that they'll never have a chance again. but i got some friends on the team and i hope they do well

I wonder if the previous year's seniors said that about the underclassman when Abilene Wylie's Keenum was running 30 yds to set up a fg, and the previous year when Wharton's Kellen Heard was blocking the fg.
Hutto beat Cuero, not just the underclassmen
Hopefully you can have a change of heart and support your HS and former teammates, they were out there with you for fourteen other games that year and the one you lose you put them down?

:confused:

pirate44
08-31-2006, 09:53 AM

in olive oil, of course... lol

Never tried that.:thinking:

Go Pirates!!

pirate4state
08-31-2006, 10:05 AM
WTH??? 10 pages and only a handful of ACTUAL football related posts!!!

Bottom line is this: this is the FIRST game. There will be kinks to work out for both teams. I think it is safe to say that Cuero is probably further along in where they want to be than Sinton is. Sinton has a new QB, a young BIG line and are returning some exciting receivers & TB/RB/FB (whatever you call 'em) this year!! I'm looking forward to watching them develop & grow as the weeks roll by. I'm not trying to make excuses, but people need to understand that these are NOT the same two teams that met up in '04 or would have met up last year. Toss all that crap out the window!!! This is a brand new season and anything can happen in GAME ONE!!!!!!!!!! :clap:

:cheerl: GO PIRATES GO!!! :cheerl:

pirate4state
08-31-2006, 10:07 AM
Bottom line is this: this is the FIRST game. There will be kinks to work out for both teams. I think it is safe to say that Cuero is probably further along in where they want to be than Sinton is. Sinton has a new QB, a young BIG line and are returning some exciting receivers & TB/RB/FB (whatever you call 'em) this year!! I'm looking forward to watching them develop & grow as the weeks roll by. I'm not trying to make excuses, but people need to understand that these are NOT the same two teams that met up in '04 or would have met up last year. Toss all that crap out the window!!! This is a brand new season and anything can happen in GAME ONE!!!!!!!!!!

pirate44
08-31-2006, 10:23 AM
Bottom line is this: this is the FIRST game. There will be kinks to work out for both teams. I think it is safe to say that Cuero is probably further along in where they want to be than Sinton is. Sinton has a new QB, a young BIG line and are returning some exciting receivers & TB/RB/FB (whatever you call 'em) this year!! I'm looking forward to watching them develop & grow as the weeks roll by. I'm not trying to make excuses, but people need to understand that these are NOT the same two teams that met up in '04 or would have met up last year. Toss all that crap out the window!!! This is a brand new season and anything can happen in GAME ONE!!!!!!!!!!

spoken like a true politician

pirate4state
08-31-2006, 10:25 AM
spoken like a true politician I am SOOOOOOOOOOOO offended!!! :tongue: :tongue: I'm gonna tell!!! :p :p or maybe I should just go :weeping: in a corner!! :devil: