PDA

View Full Version : Manor-Giddings Score?

Pudlugger
10-17-2003, 10:58 PM
How did this one turn out?

Pudlugger
10-17-2003, 11:47 PM
Anybody know the score?

Chris Hart
10-17-2003, 11:51 PM
I don't remember the score, but Manor won.

lepfan
10-18-2003, 12:13 AM
Manor 26-14

SunTzu
10-18-2003, 12:40 AM
I heard there was a big fight after this game? Anyone know any details?

Mustang '89
10-18-2003, 02:43 AM
It wasn't much of a fight. The game got a little chippy at the end. A Giddings wide out felt like he was held on a pass play. He hit the player that was defending him while he was on the ground. Another Manor player came over and pushed the player from Giddings. No punches were thrown, just a bunch of "woofing". Refs did the right thing and ejected both players. No need for that on the field.
Manor jump on Giddings early in this game. #77 (Unblockable to you lepfan!!!) intercepted the option pitch and ran about 45 yards for the first score. MiddleB #10, forced a fumble on the following kickoff to put the Mustangs in scoring position. It was 14-0 five minutes into the game. Manor was able to establish a running game that kept the clock running and the defense off the field. Giddings pretty much abandoned the running game in the second half and Manor's DB's held up this week.
Can't say enough about the Defense. Time after time, they came up with big stops when it seemed like the momentum was swinging towards Giddings. The Giddings QB spent a lot of time on his back tonight.
Overall a great win for the Mustangs, as they continue to push for the playoffs.

Pudlugger
10-18-2003, 07:32 AM
Sounds like it was a real well played game on Manor's part. Getting a jump on the opposition like that really establishes who's boss. Thanks for the recap and good luck to you in the remainder of district. Elgin has plenty of talent and played real tough football last night so yall will need to prepare. Congratulations on beating Giddings, a very sound football team in their own right. Great win for Manor! :)

lepfan
10-18-2003, 08:40 AM
Mustang '89:
It wasn't much of a fight. The game got a little chippy at the end. A Giddings wide out felt like he was held on a pass play. He hit the player that was defending him while he was on the ground. Another Manor player came over and pushed the player from Giddings. No punches were thrown, just a bunch of "woofing". Refs did the right thing and ejected both players. No need for that on the field.
Manor jump on Giddings early in this game. #77 (Unblockable to you lepfan!!!) intercepted the option pitch and ran about 45 yards for the first score. MiddleB #10, forced a fumble on the following kickoff to put the Mustangs in scoring position. It was 14-0 five minutes into the game. Manor was able to establish a running game that kept the clock running and the defense off the field. Giddings pretty much abandoned the running game in the second half and Manor's DB's held up this week.
Can't say enough about the Defense. Time after time, they came up with big stops when it seemed like the momentum was swinging towards Giddings. The Giddings QB spent a lot of time on his back tonight.
Overall a great win for the Mustangs, as they continue to push for the playoffs.Congrats Mustang89---I really thought you all would come out on top. Get over the comment...BTW I did not say #77 was unblockable...here is my coment quoted---

Member Rated:
posted October 10, 2003 11:59 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Looks like the "unblockable" Manor team got BLOCKED!!! Way to go LEPS!!!!

<small>[ October 18, 2003, 08:45 AM: Message edited by: lepfan ]</small>

Mustang '89
10-18-2003, 01:18 PM
I'm just having a little fun with you Lepfan, no hard feelings!!!

lepfan
10-18-2003, 02:31 PM
OK, just did not want to be misquoted...I get myself into LOTS of trouble like that...Congrats on the win...good luck next week :D

<small>[ October 18, 2003, 02:31 PM: Message edited by: lepfan ]</small>

Pudlugger
10-18-2003, 02:40 PM
Mustang89 who does Manor play next? The Manor Elgin game is looking real big now isn't it? Good luck, I pick Manor to win their next 3 games. :)

Mustang '89
10-18-2003, 03:46 PM
Remainng schedule is:

@ Hutto
Elgin (Halloween Night)
@ Smithville

I hoping for three wins also. Not looking too far ahead, but Giddings vs. Elgin. Could be the difference in Manor being Div. I or Div. II. if the Mustangs win out.

niceguy1986
10-19-2003, 11:49 AM
Yeah yall are playing hutto for our homecoming. We more then likely wont win. But hopefully its a close, good game.

backer24
10-20-2003, 01:05 PM
Yeah, it was a good game on Friday. I give my props to Giddings. They're a good football team and have some major talent. I'm looking for a win this week against Hutto. Good luck Giddings in the rest of district play.