PDA

View Full Version : One Reason to Stop Watching the Rangers

KTJ
08-24-2006, 10:04 AM
1.) Buck Showalter

the end.

kaorder1999
08-24-2006, 10:13 AM
i dont know anything ab out baseball and wont pretend to but it did seem like the Rangers got on a roll with him out, suspended. That could also be a motivation thing! WHo knows

GreenMonster
08-24-2006, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by KTJ
1.) Buck Showalter

the end.

AMEN. Has anyone else out there noticed that after taking 3 of 4 from the best team in baseball at their place without Buck that the Rangers have fallen on their face against one of the worst teams in baseball with Buck? Hopefully the Rangers will wise up an fire Buck Showalter soon. Each of his previous two teams won the World Series the season after he left.

Tiger Baseball
08-24-2006, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
AMEN. Has anyone else out there noticed that after taking 3 of 4 from the best team in baseball at their place without Buck that the Rangers have fallen on their face against one of the worst teams in baseball with Buck? Hopefully the Rangers will wise up an fire Buck Showalter soon. Each of his previous two teams won the World Series the season after he left.

Ditto!

Rabbit'93
08-24-2006, 10:48 AM
I don't know if it's Buck or what but as long as I've been a Ranger's fan their M.O. is to fall apart in the last half of the season.

KTJ
08-24-2006, 11:29 AM
Did they fall apart the last part of the season with Johnny Oates? I can't remember....

Someone?

Bearkat
08-24-2006, 11:43 AM
How can you blame losing to the devil rays on Showalter? They lost because their bats didn't score enough runs to make up for the pitching. Obviously Showalter was on the mound giving up the runs to the devil rays. The pitching SUCKS!!! Until that changes, it won't matter who the manager is.

GreenMonster
08-24-2006, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by Bearkat
How can you blame losing to the devil rays on Showalter? They lost because their bats didn't score enough runs to make up for the pitching. Obviously Showalter was on the mound giving up the runs to the devil rays. The pitching SUCKS!!! Until that changes, it won't matter who the manager is.

True, true. But, Buck Showalter is an emotional black hole. He leeches any and all emotion his team has into his black, emotionless soul. This time of year calls for emotion and fire, not negativity and a blank stare.

VWG
08-24-2006, 11:54 AM

The pitching has been inconsistent. Carlos Lee and Texiera strike out with 0 outs and men on 1st and 2nd on Tues. night.
Carlos Lee pops up with Kinsler on 3rd last night, Hairston misplays that ball that gave Rocco B. his triple.
It's a combination of things.
One thing that I look at is why doesn't Buck move the runners over more? 0 Outs and you're down by one, it's ok to have Lee bunt the runner over. Hindsight is 20-20 and Lee could have easily hit one out of the park..... but it frustrates me to not see the Rangers execute moving runners up.
I go to a ton of Rangers games and this year's group has the potential to win the West...... but they've got to be more consistent.

KTJ
08-24-2006, 12:05 PM

Going by that logic, I could be the manager of the Rangers.

After all, it's not me pitching or batting.

SintonFan
08-24-2006, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
Did they fall apart the last part of the season with Johnny Oates? I can't remember....

Someone?
They fall apart at the end of the season every season. One of the reasons I stopped watching.:doh:

KTJ
08-24-2006, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
They fall apart at the end of the season every season. One of the reasons I stopped watching.:doh:

Haha, yeah, I do know that. I've been watching the Rangers since I was little.

One of the days we'll make it past the 1st round. Maybe??????

SintonFan
08-24-2006, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
Haha, yeah, I do know that. I've been watching the Rangers since I was little.

One of the days we'll make it past the 1st round. Maybe??????
Well, imho, the best recent season they ever had was shortened by that strike. Coincidence? I think not.;)