PDA

View Full Version : Droopy Pants

Tiger Baseball
08-24-2006, 06:55 AM
Droopy Pants Ban to be Discussed at Dallas City Hall
08-23-2006 6:17 AM

(Dallas, TX) -- Droopy trousers in Dallas could be banned. At least the idea will be kicked around at a city council work session today. The proposal will come from Dallas school board member Ron Price who says he's sick of seeing men and boys walking down the streets with their pants sagging and their underwear showing. Price will ask the council to create a new ordinance or strengthen the current one that prohibits public lewdness. The Dallas school district already prohibits pants that droop below the waistline. But Price is asking for a city-wide ban and several city council members have said they'll back one.

3afan
08-24-2006, 06:58 AM
it looks stupid IMO - but I undrstand is a "fashion trend" ................. it could turn into a civil rights issue altho the Dalas ALCU rep said it was "silly"

Tiger Baseball
08-24-2006, 07:11 AM
Adidas, Your not wearing droopy pants are ya? :D

pirate44
08-24-2006, 07:29 AM
i think its dumb, but then, i lived my youth in the parachute pants and bleached jeans days. just like those, its a fashion trend like 3afan said and will (hopefully) go away. then there will be something even more annoying we can deal with.

eagles_victory
08-24-2006, 07:53 AM
It was all over one of the local Dallas rap stations morning show this morning. To my suprise the all African American crew on the show and most callers seemed to be against sagging pants. Usually people on that station are complaing all the time about it. One of the radio show host made a great point one lady said that she agrees with the rule but there are bigger things to worry about like the childrens education. The host then said well isnt part of there education learning how to get a job and you wont get a job going into places for interviews with your pants hanging off your behind. It seems a bit petty to me but I can also see where there coming from. I sorta dont see the big deal because I know its illegal to sag your pants in a lot of schools around here.

3afan
08-24-2006, 08:01 AM
you would think most kids would know to 'dress up' for a job interview, but maybe i am sssuming too much ....... if not then too bad for 'em i guess

shankbear
08-24-2006, 08:31 AM
They should have left the pants rule alone. Why? Isn't it easier for a Dallas cop to chase down a punk wearing those baggy, crotch at the knees britches? They gotta hitch em up every few yards and very often they might fall around the little pukes ankles. They make for an easy collar in a foot chase.

AP Panther Fan
08-24-2006, 10:32 AM
I dislike those pants (and typically, the people that wear them that way).....

BUT, I think it is seriously overstepping the boundaries of what a city government should be doing.

Rabbit'93
08-24-2006, 10:45 AM
My office is in a rather rough neighborhood in Dallas. You can't imagine how low some of these kids were their pants. You can see them walking with one hand holding them up or walking in wide steps (sideways) to keep them from going lower. That and the 4X shirts, I don't get it.

:confused:

STANG RED
08-24-2006, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
I dislike those pants (and typically, the people that wear them that way).....

BUT, I think it is seriously overstepping the boundaries of what a city government should be doing.

Agreed.
And even if they do pass it, it's a total waste of time. Some judge will just rule it unconstitutional within a few days anyway. I'm sure our ole pal Jessie Jackson will see to that.

GreenMonster
08-24-2006, 10:54 AM
I don't like the droopy pants either but I certainly don't like my government telling me how to wear my pants. If I want to look like a dadgum hoosier then I have every right to do so.

PPHSfan
08-24-2006, 08:42 PM
I laugh out loud every time I get behind a kid in line with pants around his knees. It's fun watching them struggle to bend down low enough to get their wallet out to pay for something. If I am with someone I usually say to them in a loud whisper "They wear them like that to announce that they already have a boyfriend."

4x100jackets
08-24-2006, 10:39 PM
Watch out don't make me go Quanel X on you.........

Masseter
08-25-2006, 10:17 AM
I say the same thing PPHSfan says. I tell 'em, "you know that means you're a homosexual right?" It's been told to me by more than one person that in the prison's, it's a sign that you are "available."

Txbroadcaster
08-25-2006, 10:23 AM
For all those calling this a fad..well the fad has been around since I was in HS in 93...So this fad is now working on its 13th year.

I dont wear baggy pants like that, but I also do not want a city telling me how to wear my pants either

kaorder1999
08-25-2006, 10:25 AM
Nm

Txbroadcaster
08-25-2006, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
i think its great. If I were a parent I wouldnt want a grown man walking by my daughter with his pants at his knees. I wouldnt want my daughter seeing his underware. Good for ROn Price and the City of Dallas if they pursue this. I dont think it will ever happen but i think its great they are looking into it.

Yea cause we need a city to tell us how to dress. ;)

zeus63
08-25-2006, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
Yea cause we need a city to tell us how to dress. ;)

As much as I dislike the "sagging" trend" I agree with you.

kaorder1999
08-25-2006, 10:35 AM
NM

Txbroadcaster
08-25-2006, 10:38 AM
if you choose to be okay with walking down the street while some young punk has to walk and hold his crotch at the same time just to keep his pants from falling to the ground...then hey...good for you. But me myself dont like it. I don't like to walk down the street and see that trash. It's embarrasing. As a home owner, I dont want that crap walking around my neighborhood. I value my home. One day I would like to be able to sell my home. I don't want to see thugs all the time half naked holding themselves.

Hey I dont like it either, but I dont want a city government to tell me how to dress. That then becomes an intrusive government, and I dont want that.

kaorder1999
08-25-2006, 10:42 AM
NM

Txbroadcaster
08-25-2006, 10:47 AM
Your paying to play golf at a place and you have to sign something that says you agree with their PRIVATE club rules.

Water laws are in place to protect the city from running low on water which effects the whole city.

Smoking bans are in place to protect the health of non-smokers who can have problems from second hand smoke.

This rule would not keep someone safe, and would not improve the city.

If you dont like the way they look, do what I do..DONT LOOK.

kaorder1999
08-25-2006, 11:01 AM
NM

zeus63
08-25-2006, 11:05 AM
Again, i don't like this trend, but the only way any democracy minded person could tolerate a city ordinance telling a person how to dress is if they put it to a city wide vote and let the majority speak. But, for a city council to take action based on the opinions and recommendations of a few people is not how our government is supposed to work.

zeus63
08-25-2006, 11:06 AM
P. S.- I am a home owner

kaorder1999
08-25-2006, 11:09 AM
NM

Txbroadcaster
08-25-2006, 11:12 AM
First off I do own a home. Your combining two gripes into one. Your house value is being affected more because your living in a neighborhood that has rent houses. That ALWAYS hurts property values. Your saying EVERYONE that wears their pants that way inturn destroys a house they live in, and in general are not good people.

Second you say this is making Dallas "more presentable" By whose standards? This is not cleaning up the downtown area of trash, or rebuilding places that have become rundown. This is a DRESS CODE...I dont want a city deciding what I wear. You show the pics of the pants..well I dont see many guys walking in Dallas with pants like that and no shirt...Most where baggy shirts as well that cover up most of their pants anyway.

And your right, I dont live in Dallas, but I did, and I dont want other cities taking a cue from Dallas on a DRESS CODE.

It is one of those things that sound great in theory, but practically it is just not a good thing.

neck_94
08-25-2006, 11:14 AM
Hey I dont like it either, but I dont want a city government to tell me how to dress. That then becomes an intrusive government, and I dont want that.

Well, I dont want that either, but I do want to tell certain people how to dress.

kaorder1999
08-25-2006, 11:16 AM
NM

zeus63
08-25-2006, 11:18 AM
do you lown a home near a city of approximately 1.5 million? Not trying to be a smart you know what but I think that makes a big difference. I do not live in the City of Dallas but close enought o be affected by the ordinace....which though I wish would happen, will never happen because of the threats of appeal and protest.

So, what you are saying is that in order to understand the value of a home I have to live in a large city? Sorry, don't agree. While you are right that property values differ from place to place, the things that make the values of those homes go up and down are basically the same.

kaorder1999
08-25-2006, 11:27 AM
NM

kaorder1999
08-25-2006, 11:35 AM
went back and deleted my posts...not worth getting people pissed of!!

IN SHORT!!

I support Dallas and Ron Price!!!

Rabbit'93
08-25-2006, 01:00 PM
I see where you were going KA. ALthough I think it's stupid trend and yes it's a trend, I don't care for city government dictating certain things. What's next you can't wear tattoos or peircings because it's scares the ol' blue hairs.

SWMustang
08-25-2006, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by Rabbit'93
I see where you were going KA. ALthough I think it's stupid trend and yes it's a trend, I don't care for city government dictating certain things. What's next you can't wear tattoos or peircings because it's scares the ol' blue hairs.

Nothing scary about this.

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j200/pattonwb/willy.jpg

I agree though, can't have government involved in issues like this.

DU_stud04
08-25-2006, 01:15 PM
i like my jeans loose, and with a belt they sometime drop, but ive had my mom rip my ear off so i know how to keep them up

:D

Txbroadcaster
08-25-2006, 03:27 PM
went back and deleted my posts...not worth getting people pissed of!!

IN SHORT!!

I support Dallas and Ron Price!!!

Why delete your posts? We are just having a discussion, I was not getting angry.

Also off topic..what ya think of A&M-Commerce Sports Network?

carter08
08-25-2006, 03:34 PM
i sag my pants like wanksta

PPHSfan
08-25-2006, 03:34 PM
Your paying to play golf at a place and you have to sign something that says you agree with their PRIVATE club rules.

Water laws are in place to protect the city from running low on water which effects the whole city.

Smoking bans are in place to protect the health of non-smokers who can have problems from second hand smoke.

This rule would not keep someone safe, and would not improve the city.

If you dont like the way they look, do what I do..DONT LOOK.

Actually I do think it is a health issue. I don't think it is healthy for someones ass to only have a single layer of boxer shorts covering it in public.