PDA

View Full Version : Should they play in Dallas

Snydertigersrul
08-23-2006, 10:14 PM
Hey fellow posters, should Tech and A&M play every year in Dallas. I know that is becoming a hot topic again and could become reality soon. What do you think?

neck_06
08-23-2006, 10:18 PM
No.

neck_06
08-23-2006, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by Snydertigersrul
Hey fellow posters, should Tech and A*M play every year in Dallas. I know that is becoming a hot topic again and could become reality soon. What do you think?

A*M?

Snydertigersrul
08-23-2006, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by Snydertigersrul
Hey fellow posters, should Tech and A&M play every year in Dallas. I know that is becoming a hot topic again and could become reality soon. What do you think?

Thanks for catching the typo.

neck_06
08-23-2006, 10:22 PM
your welcome.

LH Panther Mom
08-23-2006, 10:23 PM
I voted home/home. :)

MagicMan
08-23-2006, 10:25 PM
whats the point in playing in dallas?

Snydertigersrul
08-23-2006, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by MagicMan
whats the point in playing in dallas?

Newspapers are reporting that it would mean approximately $2 million more a year for the schools.

Texas-Fight
08-23-2006, 10:26 PM
No they should not.

AggieJohn
08-23-2006, 10:52 PM
see i would of said no last year, but because we have instituted a 12th game i am leaning more towards a yes, however i said no right now because i don't want to go to dallas to see a tech game

3afan
08-24-2006, 06:47 AM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
see i would of said no last year, but because we have instituted a 12th game i am leaning more towards a yes, however i said no right now because i don't want to go to dallas to see a tech game

beats going to Lubbock !!!

CenTexSports
08-24-2006, 07:20 AM
If you are talking ladies soccer then yes. If you are talking football, then I say no they should be playing in Gilmer as a warmup game for a real football team.

KTJ
08-24-2006, 10:02 AM
Just looks like they are trying to copy what Texas/OU have.

Why take away a game from Lubbock or College Station? That extra $2 million is made with the city and it's businesses. I've heard some alumni from both sides would scrap their annual payments if this were to happen.

GreenMonster
08-24-2006, 10:37 AM
I see what everyone else thinks about this question but I want to add my $ .02. I think a move to the Cowboys new stadium would be a great thing for this rivalry. We here in Texas know about how strong the rivalry is but it is pretty much confined to Texas. If they were to move the game to Dallas it changes public perception across the nation that this is a "Big" game. "Big" games draw national audiences and national audiences draw networkd TV. Both schools would benefit from the added TV exposure and both schools would benefit from the added revenue the game would create. I understand that the rivalry has traditionally been held on campus but change is progress and progress is change. I, for one, would like to see this happen in the very near future.

AggieJohn
08-24-2006, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by KTJ
Just looks like they are trying to copy what Texas/OU have.

Why take away a game from Lubbock or College Station? That extra $2 million is made with the city and it's businesses. I've heard some alumni from both sides would scrap their annual payments if this were to happen. exactly what my thought is KTJ...and you know the ags won't go for doing something like that

KTJ
08-24-2006, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
I see what everyone else thinks about this question but I want to add my $ .02. I think a move to the Cowboys new stadium would be a great thing for this rivalry. We here in Texas know about how strong the rivalry is but it is pretty much confined to Texas. If they were to move the game to Dallas it changes public perception across the nation that this is a "Big" game. "Big" games draw national audiences and national audiences draw networkd TV. Both schools would benefit from the added TV exposure and both schools would benefit from the added revenue the game would create. I understand that the rivalry has traditionally been held on campus but change is progress and progress is change. I, for one, would like to see this happen in the very near future.

So changing venues would inform the public that Texas Tech and Texas A&M are main rivals? How so?

Wouldn't it be just as simple as changing the TV time slot? (Which I know schools really don't control.)

What other instate rivals play at a neutral site? None that I can think of.

wedo
08-24-2006, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
So changing venues would inform the public that Texas Tech and Texas A&M are main rivals? How so?

Wouldn't it be just as simple as changing the TV time slot? (Which I know schools really don't control.)

I think that it would be kinda stupid!!

District303aPastPlayer
08-24-2006, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by KTJ

in doing that main rivals thing, you think half the ags would get a clue as to the fact that UT still doesnt give a hoot about them and their so called Rivalry Game?

GreenMonster
08-24-2006, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by KTJ

Colorado and Colorado State meet in Denver early in the season and did not have the game televised nationally until it was moved to a neutral site. Now it is an annual ESPN primetime game.

SintonFan
08-24-2006, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
in doing that main rivals thing, you think half the ags would get a clue as to the fact that UT still doesnt give a hoot about them and their so called Rivalry Game?
Did you get that from Mack Brown?:thinking:

District303aPastPlayer
08-24-2006, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
Did you get that from Mack Brown?:thinking:

i AM Mack Brown

EricDraven
08-24-2006, 12:24 PM
They should play in Austin.

SintonFan
08-24-2006, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
i AM Mack Brown
hmmmmmm...
I still think A&M is taken more serious than many UT fans care to admit, MB. I CAN call you MB right?:evil:

EricDraven
08-24-2006, 12:31 PM
Call him Sugar. Vince still does:D

KTJ
08-24-2006, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
Colorado and Colorado State meet in Denver early in the season and did not have the game televised nationally until it was moved to a neutral site. Now it is an annual ESPN primetime game.

I think it's an annual ESPN game because it's one of the better games to start the season with.

The Tech/A&M game hasn't had problems getting on ABC in the past. If that game was PPV, then I could see moving it. But it's not. It's usually ABC or FSN National.

But I see your point Green Monster. I think most fans don't want the copy-cat phrase to follow the game. Who knows what is going to happen. In talking to my Red Raider friends, I know they don't want that game moved.

Aggies??? (Or is Green Monster an Aggie? :thinking: )

KTJ
08-24-2006, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
hmmmmmm...
I still think A&M is taken more serious than many UT fans care to admit, MB. I CAN call you MB right?:evil:

We take every Big 12 opponent seriously, especially Tech and A&M.

However, it begins and ends with, ugh, dare I say it--Oklahoma.

EricDraven
08-24-2006, 12:43 PM
Real question: Where should Baylor and Oklahoma St. play?

District303aPastPlayer
08-24-2006, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by EricDraven
Real question: Where should Baylor and Oklahoma St. play?

in Celina...

SintonFan
08-24-2006, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
We take every Big 12 opponent seriously, especially Tech and A&M.

However, it begins and ends with, ugh, dare I say it--Oklahoma.
No doubt, I was just having some fun with BM.;)