PDA

View Full Version : T.O. Out third straight preseason game!!!!!

wedo
08-23-2006, 06:55 PM
T.O. reaggrevated his hamstring today and will probably miss his third straight preseason game!!! I hope this isn't a sign of things to come!! I thought when the cowboys signed him it was a good move!!!

The Kracken
08-23-2006, 07:15 PM
he'll play when he gets ready to play just like always

wedo
08-23-2006, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by The Kracken
he'll play when he gets ready to play just like always

I sure hope so!!!!!!

MagicMan
08-23-2006, 07:53 PM
who cares? i want to see sam hurd start

neck_06
08-23-2006, 08:48 PM
any wide reciever + hamstring injury = bad news

Hines Ward is out with the same injury and nobody is giving him hell.

MagicMan
08-23-2006, 08:51 PM
TO's level

Hines Wards level

neck_06
08-23-2006, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by MagicMan
TO's level

Hines Wards level

ok, so then why won't everyone just get off T.O.'s case, he is doing what he thinks is right for his health, and his health should be a big deal to the cowboys. preseason games don't matter. why hurt yourself playing in them.

P.S. - Edgerrin James has played the whole preseason with the Cardinals and has carried the ball 4 times. he straight up told the coach that he didn't want to play in the preseason. would you rather T.O. just come out and say that?

Txbroadcaster
08-23-2006, 09:00 PM
I dont think TO would say that..I still dont understand why people think he is faking..he has NEVER been a player who does not practice with team, he is considered one of the HARDEST working players in the NFL.

Again this is a media born event to drum up some news.

neck_06
08-23-2006, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
I dont think TO would say that..I still dont understand why people think he is faking..he has NEVER been a player who does not practice with team, he is considered one of the HARDEST working players in the NFL.

THANK YOU!!!!!

finally someone who knows what they are talking about.

MagicMan
08-23-2006, 09:03 PM
i think TO is faking it. he just wants to prove to parcells that he can play without practicing.

Snydertigersrul
08-23-2006, 09:04 PM

TO is one of the hardest working players in the NFL. All he need to do is rest and be ready to play when the regular season starts.

neck_06
08-23-2006, 09:08 PM
i think TO is faking it. he just wants to prove to parcells that he can play without practicing.

parcells already said that if he doesn't play in the preseason, or at least practice before the first game, he isn't playing in week 1.

and T.O. said that he understood that.

MagicMan
08-23-2006, 09:09 PM
jerry jones doesnt understand that. he will fire parcells and coach the team himself before he sits TO during the regular season.

neck_06
08-23-2006, 09:12 PM
i think that jerry jones is the cowboys biggest problem, not parcells, noy T.O.. i'm still mad at him for firing Jimmy Johnson and putting in Barry Switzer in his place. :mad: :mad:

MagicMan
08-23-2006, 09:14 PM
barry still won a super bowl

neck_06
08-23-2006, 09:17 PM

barry switzer was the first coach in the history of the NFL to win a super bowl without coaching a lick the whole year. check the record book, its there. ;)

3afan
08-23-2006, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by neck_06
any wide reciever + hamstring injury = bad news

Hines Ward is out with the same injury and nobody is giving him hell.

thats cause he's in Pitt and this is TEXAS, who cares about the Steelers!

Snydertigersrul
08-23-2006, 10:11 PM
i think that jerry jones is the cowboys biggest problem, not parcells, noy T.O.. i'm still mad at him for firing Jimmy Johnson and putting in Barry Switzer in his place. :mad: :mad:

Jerry Jones represents greatness. He made Jimmy Johnson. Barry Switzer is a winner, both at the the college and pro levels. I look forward to the day that Jerry goes into the Hall of Fame as one of the greatest owners of all-time.

neck_06
08-23-2006, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by Snydertigersrul
Jerry Jones represents greatness. He made Jimmy Johnson. Barry Switzer is a winner, both at the the college and pro levels. I look forward to the day that Jerry goes into the Hall of Fame as one of the greatest owners of all-time.

ok, i'm just gonna go ahead and say that that is one of the dumbest things that i have heard since you have got here. its right up there with the "leaving the download" thing.

Snydertigersrul
08-23-2006, 10:18 PM
ok, i'm just gonna go ahead and say that that is one of the dumbest things that i have heard since you have got here. its right up there with the "leaving the download" thing.

How many Super Bowl rings do you wear? Jerry has three and counting (more to come).

neck_06
08-23-2006, 10:20 PM
How many Super Bowl rings do you wear?

the same number as you. i'm not saying that he hasn't won, i'm just saying that he has made some dumb decisions in his tenure.

Snydertigersrul
08-23-2006, 10:22 PM
the same number as you. i'm not saying that he hasn't won, i'm just saying that he has made some dumb decisions in his tenure.

Not as dumb as A&M hiring coach Fran

neck_06
08-23-2006, 10:25 PM
Not as dumb as A&M hiring coach Fran

no comment. ;)

Bull's-eye
08-23-2006, 10:41 PM
M.R.I. didn't show anything. :thinking:

Texas-Fight
08-23-2006, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by wedo
T.O. reaggrevated his hamstring today and will probably miss his third straight preseason game!!! I hope this isn't a sign of things to come!! I thought when the cowboys signed him it was a good move!!! As long as he is ready by the real season I'm fine with him being out.

wedo
08-24-2006, 12:23 AM

He had the best team money could buy!!!! and the Best coaching staff behind him. He didn't even really have to coach anything he was just there looking over things, so it seemed!!! The Cowboys should have won 4 straight super bowls!! They were way better than the 49ers in 1994, and they beat down the Chargers!!!!

BTEXDAD
08-24-2006, 07:43 AM

Mostly true about the Media in last part of your post, but you've been listening to his agent from what you said in first part. He may be held to a higher standard than some other players as far as what he's allowed to do without being questioned, but he brought that on himself.
He went half a season with 49ers without practicing when he was trying to get off the team.
He hasn't even played in an NFL game for 10-11 months. I think he NEEDS to practice and should be EXPECTED to practice.
Chris Mortensen and I forget the other sports guy said TO appeared to be running full speed by himself on the side field of cowboys' facility during the first week he skipped the actual practice. It's all about TO, not about the team. He wants to practice at his own pace whether he's injured or not.
I hope he helps team as much as anyone, but I'm expecting a tirade and a sermon from TO in front of cameras the first time Dallas loses and he feels he wasn't included enough in game plan.

wedo
08-24-2006, 08:49 AM
Originally posted by BTEXDAD
Mostly true about the Media in last part of your post, but you've been listening to his agent from what you said in first part. He may be held to a higher standard than some other players as far as what he's allowed to do without being questioned, but he brought that on himself.
He went half a season with 49ers without practicing when he was trying to get off the team.
He hasn't even played in an NFL game for 10-11 months. I think he NEEDS to practice and should be EXPECTED to practice.
Chris Mortensen and I forget the other sports guy said TO appeared to be running full speed by himself on the side field of cowboys' facility during the first week he skipped the actual practice. It's all about TO, not about the team. He wants to practice at his own pace whether he's injured or not.
I hope he helps team as much as anyone, but I'm expecting a tirade and a sermon from TO in front of cameras the first time Dallas loses and he feels he wasn't included enough in game plan.

I think that he will throw a fit if he isn't getting the ball !! Hopefully he won't though!!!

STANG RED
08-24-2006, 11:07 AM
I hate to say I told you so, so I won't,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,but I did, did'nt I.
Anyway, TO is laying in the bed he made for himself. I dont feel the least bit of compassion for him. He is getting exactly what he deserves. TO never cut anybody else any slack, without apology. So he dang sure cant expect anyone to cut him any. If he had always been the decent kind of stand up guy he should have been, he would be given the benifit of the doubt, and this injury would never have become an issue. Thats the biggest difference in him and Ward.

wedo
08-24-2006, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
I hate to say I told you so, so I won't,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,but I did, did'nt I.
Anyway, TO is laying in the bed he made for himself. I dont feel the least bit of compassion for him. He is getting exactly what he deserves. TO never cut anybody else any slack, without apology. So he dang sure cant expect anyone to cut him any. If he had always been the decent kind of stand up guy he should have been, he would be given the benifit of the doubt, and this injury would never have become an issue. Thats the biggest difference in him and Ward.

I guess your right about that!! Did anyone else see Parcells interview when he was asked if T.O. would start game one of the regular season and Parcells said he isn't going to start someone he as never seen play!! Then they showed T.O. replying to what Parcells said, and T.O. said " Man they have ten years of tape on me"!!!!

SintonFan
08-24-2006, 12:33 PM
Who needs TO when the Cowboys have Sam Hurd. The next "undrafted star" in the NFL. He's like Michael Irvin without all that white powdery stuff.:inlove:

Snydertigersrul
08-24-2006, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by wedo
I guess your right about that!! Did anyone else see Parcells interview when he was asked if T.O. would start game one of the regular season and Parcells said he isn't going to start someone he as never seen play!! Then they showed T.O. replying to what Parcells said, and T.O. said " Man they have ten years of tape on me"!!!!

Mark it down, TO will be in the lineup opening day against Jacksonville.

MagicMan
08-24-2006, 12:49 PM
all TO has to do is have a great week of practice before week 1 and he will start because coaches always say they start the players that have the best practices

wedo
08-24-2006, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
Who needs TO when the Cowboys have Sam Hurd. The next "undrafted star" in the NFL. He's like Michael Irvin without all that white powdery stuff.:inlove:

Sam Hurd is going to be a star in the NFL for sure!!!

And about the white powdery stuff that was funny!!!!!:clap: :clap:

MagicMan
08-24-2006, 02:00 PM
cocaine is no joke

SintonFan
08-24-2006, 02:03 PM
cocaine is no joke
look, I didn't say it. Everyone knows all about the talc and MI's cronic rashes. That's all I was sayin...:(

neck_06
08-24-2006, 02:09 PM
all TO has to do is have a great week of practice before week 1 and he will start because coaches always say they start the players that have the best practices

i agree. and i also have no problem with it

wedo
08-24-2006, 04:03 PM
i agree. and i also have no problem with it

i don't have a problem with him not practicing b/c hamstring injuries are no joke!!!

crzyjournalist03
08-24-2006, 04:12 PM

except for the fact that Sam Hurd calls Mr. Initials his mentor, and the two are basically best friends right now.

carter08
08-24-2006, 04:13 PM
dallas sucks, they really really suck

wedo
08-24-2006, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by carter08
dallas sucks, they really really suck

Oh yeah? so who is your team?????? The Patriots???

carter08
08-24-2006, 04:37 PM
Texans 19 Cowgirls 10

SintonFan
08-24-2006, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
except for the fact that Sam Hurd calls Mr. Initials his mentor, and the two are basically best friends right now.
I saw that. Oh well, I never said Sam was perfect. But he IS from San Antonio so he can't be all that bad.;)

crzyjournalist03
08-24-2006, 04:43 PM
Texans 19 Cowgirls 10

pretty sad state when your team's crowning accomplishment occured in their first ever game...FOUR YEARS AGO. Talk to me again when they have five rings.

carter08
08-24-2006, 04:44 PM
pretty sad state when your team's crowning accomplishment occured in their first ever game...FOUR YEARS AGO. Talk to me again when they have five rings.

Has Dallas EVER Beat the Texans?

crzyjournalist03
08-24-2006, 04:47 PM

Yep...Cowboys crush Texans (http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/recap/NFL_20030815_HOU@DAL)

and don't go off on how this was a preseason game...that game means just as much as that regular season game four years ago when you're comparing the two teams right now overall.

mrescape43
08-24-2006, 06:21 PM

He won a superbowl with the team that Jimmy Johnson put together and won back to back superbowls with. Switzer had nothing to do with putting that team together.

carter08
08-24-2006, 06:27 PM
Yep...Cowboys crush Texans (http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/recap/NFL_20030815_HOU@DAL)

and don't go off on how this was a preseason game...that game means just as much as that regular season game four years ago when you're comparing the two teams right now overall.

oh yeah, a preseason win is the same as a regular season win:rolleyes:

SintonFan_inAustin
08-24-2006, 06:31 PM
Theres another NFL team in Texas:confused:

carter08
08-24-2006, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
Theres another NFL team in Texas:confused:

i was surprised when i heard of the cowboys too

SintonFan_inAustin
08-24-2006, 06:33 PM
:D so u must have just been born cause u miss the 8 superbowls they been and the 5 they won:p

carter08
08-24-2006, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
:D so u must have just been born cause u miss the 8 superbowls they been and the 5 they won:p

you must be a cowgirls fan. you act like them

SintonFan
08-24-2006, 06:54 PM
you must be a cowgirls fan. you act like them
SintonFan_inAustin >>> carter08
:D :D :D :p

crzyjournalist03
08-25-2006, 12:43 PM
oh yeah, a preseason win is the same as a regular season win:rolleyes:

Well the Texans have NEVER won ANYTHING in Dallas...preseason or regular...

and like I said...when one regular season win is the crowning achievment of your franchise, that's not saying much....

Dallas has lost to many teams many more times than they've lost to the Texans. So I guess using your logic the Texans are still the 32nd best team in the league since they've only beaten Dallas once.

Snydertigersrul
08-25-2006, 02:15 PM

I guess they think that they are in the fifth year of being an expansion team. Maybe they will grow up one of these days.

garageoffice
08-25-2006, 02:35 PM

Don't forget...Barry was the guy who said in a television interview, "My job's not to motivate these guys. They make more money than I do...how can I motivate them?"

Now there's a REAL coach for you! :doh: :eek:

pirate4state
08-25-2006, 03:04 PM
Has Dallas EVER Beat the Texans? Keith?? Sorry, this reminds me of the Silver Boot for some reason!!! :D

Hold that 19-10 Win close to your heart if it makes you sleep better! :rolleyes:

awizzy
08-25-2006, 03:50 PM

they will this year when the boys get them in dallas

Bullaholic
08-25-2006, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Keith?? Sorry, this reminds me of the Silver Boot for some reason!!! :D

Hold that 19-10 Win close to your heart if it makes you sleep better! :rolleyes:

:D LOL.

carter08
08-25-2006, 04:17 PM
SintonFan_inAustin >>> carter08
:D :D :D :p

Your a little biaded seeing as you both like Sinton