PDA

View Full Version : Mack Brown

Bullaholic
08-23-2006, 05:24 PM
I was sitting here thinking that about a year-and-a-half or so ago a lot of folks were yelling for Mack Brown's head because he couldn't win the "big" one. I have to admit that I was passively one of those. What a diff one lil' ol' National Championship makes. I wonder how much longer Mack will stay at UT---if he will retire there or not, and I wonder if a couple of less than stellar seasons would make the Longhorn faithfull forget about that National Championship. I say Mack retires a Longhorn because the future in UT is looking pretty bright right now for the next few years.

hutex04
08-23-2006, 05:27 PM
i have two theories, he coaches till Deloss retires and moves to AD and Chizic moves to Head Coach or he coaches here another 12 years or so and retires

carter08
08-23-2006, 05:28 PM
UH > UT

Bullaholic
08-23-2006, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by carter08
UH > UT

Am I reading this "expression" as you intended it--- "University of Houston greater than University of Texas"? If so, the logical next question would be---"At what?".

carter08
08-23-2006, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Am I reading this "expression" as you intended it--- "University of Houston greater than University of Texas"? If so, the logical next question would be---"At what?".

Men's indoor water polo

DU_stud04
08-23-2006, 05:34 PM
Men's indoor water polo

hahaha...go cougers!:rolleyes: :clap: :D

AggieJohn
08-23-2006, 05:34 PM
i think that even if the program goes into the pooper he still can ride this MNC for another 3-4 years......

Bullaholic
08-23-2006, 05:37 PM
Men's indoor water polo

lol. Good answer, carter. I bet you long for the days of "Phi Slamma Jamma".

wedo
08-23-2006, 06:31 PM
I thought i heard recently that he got a contract extention?? Gene Chizic would be a great head coach at UT or anywhere!!! I Hope Ut can hang on to this guy he is a great coach!! Heck he figured out how to stop the so called best offense ever!!!

KTJ
08-23-2006, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
i think that even if the program goes into the pooper he still can ride this MNC for another 3-4 years......

1.) Our program is far from the pooper. And I think you know that. :)

2.) No one was calling for Mack Brown's head. (well, none of the people who knew anything at all about the program.) The head people wanted chopped off was Greg Davis. And that is still true to some extent, despite his NFL offers this past offseason.

3.) Chizik won't become HC of Texas, even though we want thim to, for 2 reasons. A.) Texas has an unwritten rule that you must have HC experience before you can be a HC at UT. (Sometimes that's a bad thing. For example, Bob Stoops was really interested in coming to UT several years ago. He really enjoyed the place. But he had no HC experience. However, when you look back on it and evaluate everything there is with both the Texas and Oklahoma programs, I'll gladly take Mack Brown. We made the right decision, even though Dodds wanted Gary Barnett.) B.) Mack isn't going anywhere anytime soon. Couple that with the fact that Chizik is the hottest Assistant Coach anywhere in the country right now, and you'll see that he won't stay that much longer. I'm willing to bet he gets a pretty good HC after this year. The thing about Chizik is that he came to Texas, in his words, "to win a NC and to become a HC someday." I think his time is next year. He had a few HC offers (don't know where) and a few NFL offers but he graciously declined them all.

Mack has done wonders for Texas and has restored the most historic program in the State of Texas. He's here to stay and will coach forever. Think of a JoPa, without the losing seasons JoPa had the last several years. There's really only one school I see Mack leaving for and that would be Florida State. And we know Bowden ain't going anywhere. The problem was never Mack. It was Greg Davis, despite what anyone thinks.