PDA

View Full Version : Hallettsville in 2A from 3A

Phil C
08-23-2006, 02:58 PM
I think they will do very well in 2A indeed! They competed very well in 3A and being in 2A should be an advantage for them. Last year they did well in football and baseball. They also did well in softball. They have had good little league softball teams throughout the year and some of those girls are now in high school competing. Weimar has had great success in Region IV in 2A softball but they now have some competition in that region. I am glad Hallettsville is in 2A instead of 3A for at least the next two years.

luvhoops34
08-23-2006, 04:31 PM
Halletsville, Edna and Rice Consol should make 2A Reg 4 verrrry interesting!

maestro
08-23-2006, 07:56 PM
i think that rice dominates that district and area....

rice should be out lawed they have so much talent.

maestro
08-23-2006, 07:57 PM
and on the subject of rice consol.

how is the development of their 6' 6 something hoopster coming along????

tigerpride_08
08-23-2006, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by maestro

some of our players remember him from our junior high days when we played them...

CheerMom
08-23-2006, 08:12 PM

He is developing nicely. You will also see him as a very large target on the football field for our also 6'6 something QB.

The Kracken
08-23-2006, 08:39 PM
maybe they can play baseball for saudi arabia

neck_06
08-23-2006, 08:42 PM
Halletsville will do well, but i believe that HEMPSTEAD will do much much better.

Specklebelly
08-23-2006, 10:36 PM

He played for the Houston Hoops in AAU ball this summer with some of the best kids the Houston area has to offer. He traveled with them to Vegas for the National Tournament and from what I understand, he held his own. I expect to see him be much more assertive on the offensive end of the court this year. He's going to have to be because our talent pool in basketball will be a little thin.

I'm certainly hoping he is assertive out at WR as well. With his size and jumping ability, he has a chance to really dominate on the outside.

scotty
08-24-2006, 01:09 PM
I saw the big receiver against a good Bellville team last year and he was very impressive, especially being a freshman. I expect that Rice will really open it up this season with a fine quarterback and another great running back. Rice has done well in 3A so they should be extra tough in 2A.